• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bambu Watches Anime: Suggestion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
I hope the clickbait got your attention. Now then. Last year I asked the VSBW discord what anime I should watch, if I were so inclined to do so. I made it clear I'd only watch one of the suggestions- ultimately it came down to a split between Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Overlord, I chose the latter as the basic premise appealed more to my hobbies.

Well now it is big bad 2021, so I'll do it again. Give me your anime suggestions, and I will watch one and only one as the entirety of the anime content I consume in 2021. I have a few decently appealing pieces of weebshit suggested to me right now from Discord, but I figured I'd include the majority of you reprobates to hear the opinion of the People. Let 'em rip, *******.

(note: if you suggest some truly awful shit, even if it is the top suggested thing, I reserve the right to not watch- this includes things like Naruto, Bleach, Dragon Ball, and so on)

The only rule is that it needs a dubbed version. Subtitles are for punks, you cannot prove me wrong as I am objectively correct.

Some Suggestions:
  • Demon Slayer ("Meta Ridley" in VSC- eh)
  • Serial Experiments Lain (Ultima- never even heard of this)
  • Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Armorchompy- last year's favorite to win)
  • Legend of the Galactic Heroes (Zaratthustra- someone described this as the "I'm smarter than you anime"- I do not take that person's advice seriously, luckily)
  • Attack on Titan (Newendigo- I was already vaguely interested in this one)
  • Katanagatari (Hl3 or bust- hm)
  • Steins;Gate (Crimson- time travel, eh)
  • Neon Genesis Evangelion (Crimson- this one I have long considered watching on my own anyways, because it just looks totally ******)
  • Parasyte the Maxim (DragonEmperor- I know fuckall about this but multiple people dug it so perhaps)
  • Log Horizon (Monarch- presented as a sci-fi political intrigue MMO anime, so its a definite maybe)
  • Monster (Crimson- I received many one-word summaries of this, I still know nothing)
  • Monogatari (ThisThingIsReallyBroken- I did make the verse page for this, IIRC, it would only be fair to watch it eventually I suppose)
  • Avatar: The Last Airbender (Tllmbrg- I do consider this anime, and it may win)
  • Jujutsu Kaisen (First Witch- of all the answers I 100% expected, I will say this one does look like it ***** pretty big)
  • Gankutsuou (Zaratthustra- Described as the Count of Monte Cristo in space)
  • Hunter x Hunter (Armorchompy- my sole impression here is that the protagonist is a child in desperate need of a hair adjustment)
  • One Punch Man (Armorchompy- this is actually one I mentioned personally that I wanted to look into)
  • Goblin Slayer (Zark- This was suggested because it was like Overlord. All I know is that of all anime protagonists, I like the aesthetic of this one the most)
  • Berserk (Thegla- A suggestion that 100% makes sense given how much I dig Dark Souls)
  • Golden Kamuy (First Witch- Treasure hunt with the Ainu sounds actually interesting, especially given they have a tendency to be forgotten in all media)

Last edited:
Skip that weebshit and go read Knight Run

Seeing as you at least considered watching a Shounen (Demon Slayer) might as well recommend Jujutsu Kaisen. ***** good looking, compact and engaging.

My personal recommendation would be Golden Kamuy, for how batshit insane the action and characters are. Its about a Russo Japan soldier meeting a Ainu girl (Japanese Indianas so to speak) and going on a treasure hunt throughout japan for a massive gold depot hidden by the girls father. On their way they clash against a military regiment hellbend on restarting the war with the help lf the gold and a group of legendary criminals.

Nearly everything in the series is batshit insane to be honest. Its full of bamboozling and backstabbery

Well, excluding the one I recommended, most are good series (most cause I haven't seen Demon Slayer, Katanagatari, Steins Gate and didn't finish yet Monster, Attack on Titan).

Serial Experiments Lain is a combination of mystery, sci-fi, and a slice of life. It starts slow but catches up fast for a good ride. It has interesting symbolism and dynamic characters. It can be confusing if you don't pay attention and the first few episodes seem to bore a lot of people making them drop it but since it's just 13 episodes it's not that long compared to others from this list.

Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood is one of my favorite anime. Good pacing, no filler, no ecchi, the story develops with each episode at a rapid pace. It has comedy, action, a bit of adventure, sunshine parts, dark parts, it has nice reveals for some story parts. It has good fantasy elements with a superb transition between them. The magic system (alchemy) is also well-executed. Big and great cast of characters each with their motives. A good soundtrack and animation is also a plus. I could talk a lot about it but I wanna just say 3-4 rows for each...plus idk how well I'm at not spoiling something without wanting.

Attack on Titan - I have just seen the first season of the anime and I won't talk about manga since you're not interested in them. It has interesting characters (some of them) and the pacing is pretty good. Good animation and soundtrack. The characters look European (this is actually a reason a lot of people watch it even if they aren't anime fan...pretty sad reason but it is one). The story can be unpredictable sometimes while in rest you can likely predict things but will not be sure if they truly happen like you think making you wanna watch more to see. It has its bad parts but this would be a spoiler so I will retain myself.

Neo Genesis Evangelion - this is not really for everyone thanks to its pacing which is inconsistent, some characters may annoy you with their personalities. It has a lot of symbolism, the fights are short but interesting. It has a slow build-up but it's interesting when some things are revealed later which are foreshadowed in the earlier parts I guess. Heard a lot of people not liking the animation but it's pretty old and it didn't help they didn't have that big of a budget then but that's easy resolved now with the Movies which have the budget and even better soundtrack thanks to Shiro Sagisu (just look on YT at some of his sounds and I think you'll like em). Not that much of a fan myself but I won't deny that I wasn't entertained while watching some episodes.

Parasyte the Maxim - great story, nice characters, and good animation. The show doesn’t pull any punches in depicting horrible violence and gore (same for Attack on Titan since I didn't say this above). It doesn’t have any filler episodes and the story moves along at a nice steady pace. It has good characters and I would have liked it more if the antagonists were developed more but can't have all things I guess. It could have had more background and development for some story parts. Not that big of a fan but "it works".

Log Horizon - It starts slow but catches up pretty fast after 3-4 episodes. It's more of a thinky show exploring the implications of living in an actual MMO world. It's a lot about exploiting the environment and cleverly manipulating the system so that it becomes a better place to live. It's a good watch for MMO fans and has great characters, and great speeches again for MMO fans. Consequences earlier in the show can be felt even later which is nice as most of the time they are non-existent. The best thing about the show is its world-building I would say. Some arcs are good, some can be dull or bad but it's worth watching if you're a fan of MMO.

Didn't comment on the rest since I haven't watched them or didn't finish an entire season of them or something.

I would also recommend Gankutsuou - basically based on The Count of Monte Cristo, a good revenge book (read it if you haven't till now you DnD pleb). It's Count of Monte Cristo in space (of course sci-fi elements), but it has a really interesting take on it. The soundtrack is good (A Japanese anime with a English original opening sang by a French dude - a really neat one btw), the animation/color pallet may take a few episodes to become used but it makes it unique and appealing. It follows the books pretty thoroughly with a few changes (guess space/sci-fi elements make them). Solid thriller series with a large cast of reasonably interesting characters and a compelling anti-hero. The story is really good as (I mean it follows the book so what did you expect), a tale of revenge, love, corruption, deception, cruelty, aristocracy, with good characters aspirations and take on the events happening. A few fantasy elements also appear but they are well put there and some symbolism. Things may not make sense earlier sometimes but don't worry as they will make sense later. I could go for pages to explain this but like with FMAB I will likely spoil things and I want to keep it at not that many words.

Actually I think I'll do the same why not

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood - Just a genuinely great show, I can barely find any issues with its pacing and story outside of an awkward first episode and some cringey jokes, but the character depth is honestly impressive in that so many characters are three-dimensional and interesting, with all of them having satisfying stories and a good amount of screen time- your favorite character, whoever it's gonna be, won't get shafted, which is rare in anime lol

Hunter X Hunter - Great power system and a lot of depth to some characters coupled with some great arcs, but some other arcs are kind of crummy.

Death Note - Would be surprised if you haven't watched this one already but hey, worth a shot. It's the anime I'd show to my parents, and by that I mean it has a relatively low amount of haha quirkyyyy random shit coupled with a relatively grounded setting and very well thought-out mental showdowns.

One Punch Man - Some might advertise it as a parody or a gag show but honestly while it is a comedy first and foremost it does have a lot of genuinely tense moments and very cool fights, it's not the deepest thing out there as a whole but some of the characters do have a lot of surprising facets.

FMA brotherhood for essentially the same reasons everyone else already said.

also Berserk 1997: it’s the series that heavily inspires dark souls. Do I really need to say anything else to convince you Bambu?

Huh, some good suggestions here...

First off, while ATLA is probably a joke submission, I'm including it, coz as far as I'm concerned, anime is an art style and it follows that style to some extent.

Second off, I have indeed watched Death Note, multiple times. It is a tough call whether it or Overlord is my favorite of anime. It was astoundingly god tier.

Finally, I will say some of these sound more interesting than others- I think Zarat's first suggestion, Log Horizon, sounds cooler than Gankutsuou, chiefly because The Count of Monte Cristo was possibly the most boring book I read in high school, and similarly I don't think I'm gonna pick up Hunter x Hunter anytime soon. I'm creating a mental list rn of the ones I consider the best (based on what I do know and what Google can tell me with a few minutes of looking into the *******).

appreciate all the answers, gamers. I'll wait a few days to choose what I'm sticking with.

If you havent watched them
Gurren Lagann-Kickass art style, banger music tracks throughout the series, and a very good story with a nice moral about loss, pushing through said loss and growing to become better than you were before makes this a really good anime although it is polarizing whether you like it or not
Kill la Kill- Take what I said was good about Gurren Lagann and throw it into a barrel for it to ferment into it's entirely own thing but still keeping the aspects of the music and the art being amazing then throw in some absurdity and there you have it thought thi is mainly from memory so it prolly isnt the whole deal

just for reference, full list of what I've watched to any great extent:
  • Kagerou Project. Didn't know what anime was, friend told me to watch it, loved it.
  • Sword Art Online. Up to ALO. Liked it quite a bit when I watched it in 2015.
  • Bleach. Man Bleach ******* sucks, holy shit.
  • Death Note. Man Death Note is ******* incredible, holy shit.
  • Overlord. See comment about Death Note. This was the suggestion last year.

Whelp, here are my recommendations:

Attack on Titan (Action/Survival/Horror/Mystery): Known for overall amazing animation and music in a world where man-eating titans surround a walled city. Has some of the best world building in anime and top-notch foreshadowing for a surprisingly complex and deep world/characters.

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion (Psychology/Politics/Mecha): An exiled prince from the Holy Britannian Empire, which has conquered a large chunk of the world, plans to take down the empire and protect his sister along the way using his genius intellect and a mysterious power he acquired. Includes mecha, scheming political factions, and complex characters with a very satisfying ending.

Demon Slayer (Action/Adventure): A leader in the new trend of darker Battle Shonen. After having his family killed and his sister turned into a demon, the protaganist goes into a journey to find a cure for his sister. Amazing animation and music, and top-notch in executing and delivering emotional moments. It also manages to make the protaganist emotionally mature and genuinely kind without being naive/dumb.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Action/Adventure/Politics): Considered peak Battle Shonen for a reason. Two brothers join the military as state alchemists in order to advance their knowledge of alchemy and fix a mistake they did. Very interesting world and magic system, with a great cast of characters.

Gen "Urobutcher" Urobuchi package:
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Magical Girls/Action/Mystery): Seriously. Surprisingly deep; deconstructs the magical girl genre and established a new subgenre.
  • Fate/Zero (Action/Drama): Considered a great gateway to the Fate franchise; mages compete in a death tournament that has them each summoning a hero from history as a servant in order to gain use of a wish-granting device. Deep characters and amazing philosophical conflicts and rivalries. Plus top-notch animation and music from Ufotable.
  • Psycho-Pass (Cyberpunk/Mystery/Drama): Follows detectives in Japan, where a dystopian world led to the development of a system that scans the mental states of citizens to determine which ones are likely to commit crime. Amazing villain. (Second season kinda sucks though, but other sequels are okay)
Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Action/Adventure): Known for having one of the best anime magic systems and creative tone shift between arcs; the complex plot and characters had readers all over the world griefing that the manga is in hiatus. Mainly follows a protaganist who wants to walk into the footsteps of his father who became a Hunter, and discover why his father abandoned him, but it also has supporting protaganists. Great characters arcs and memorable antagonists, and the quality of the animation is consistently high despite having almost 150 episodes.

Jujutsu Kaisen (Action/Adventure): a Leader in the new trend of darker Battle Shonen. Within a society secretly protected from curses by a small number of sorcerers capable of seeing curses and exorcising them, the protaganist gets possessed by a very dangerous curse and has to resolve the issues this create. Amazing animation with a fun cast of characters.

Konosuba (Adventure/Comedy/Parody/Ecchi): Largely considered the second best Isekai (or 'life in an other world') anime but it is actually a complete parody of the genre, with the protaganist dragging the rude 'goddess' with him into a fantasy world which has no shortage of quirky characters. Contains very perverted jokes though.

Stein's Gate (Psychology/Time Travel/Mystery): An otaku has accidentally invented a machine that can send messages to the past, and he attempts to unravel its mysteries while avoiding trapping himself or his friends in horrible timelines.

Made in Abyss (Adventure/Mystery): Follows a girl who adventures into a mysterious giant pit full of monsters and treasures with a robotic companion. Despite the story initially looking like a generic video game, the world and characters are surprisingly very complex and mature.

Mob Psycho 100 (Comedy/Psychic Powers/Action): Same author as One Punch Man. Follows a socially awkard middle school kid with extremely powerful psychic powers. Creative world, and amazing animation throughout.

One Punch Man (Comedy/Parody/Super Heroes/Action): Same author as Mob Psycho 100. Follows an aspiring hero who is trying and failing to find excitiment due to how overpowered he is. Amazing animation in the first season. The second season has vastly inferior directing and animation though, and the story becomes more serious with greater focus on side characters.

Re:Zero (Adventure/Psychology/Mystery): Widely considered to be the best Isekai (or 'life in an other world') anime and a subversion of the genre. A social outcast is teleported into a fantasy world with magic, but he discovers that it is not as great as he first thought. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he learns that he has a mysterious ability to return to the past by dying. Dialogue is a bit dry in the beginning but vastly improves and delivers amazing emotional scenes, with a lot of complex characters and amazing foreshadowing and world building.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy (Action/Parody): Amazing subtle parody of the overpowered magic school student genre. The king of demons is reincarnated two thousand years after his death while being completly overpowered, and now he has to rise through the ranks and unravel conspiracies and social issues that threatens his kingdom and the demon race.

The Promised Neverland Season 1 (Psychology/Mystery): Follows intelligent kids in an orphange where things aren't what they seem. The mind games can be reminiscent of Death Note. Definelty skip season 2 though, unless you are curious how far an anime can fall from grace.

Vinland Saga (Historic/Drama/Action): Based on an acclaimed dark manga like Berserk. Historical (powerful warriors can have super strength for unexplaine reasons though) viking drama about a boy who has to learn to survive a harsh world. The main character can be a brat, but it has one of the best and most complex antagonists and side characters in anime who more often takes the spotlight; worth a watch just for him.

Wouldn't sleep on the Last Airbender either; top-tier 'cartoon'. It is episodic with hit and miss episodes, but the great episodes are amazing and memorable, with an interesting world and pretty good main plot and great character development.

Last edited:
Jesus you hit 'em with the Avengers Assemble huh

Anyway idk if I agree with FMAB being a battle anime, there's definitely a lot of fighting but it really isn't what I think about when I think about the series

Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Just a movie, not a show or anything. Pretty much just a 1hr 30 minute retelling of Bayonetta 1, in the form of an anime movie. Its been fairly critiqued for Bayonetta feeling like a different character with a different personality, but for the most part it has pretty good voice acting, animation, action, and OST.

Hunter x Hunter 2011 (Action/Adventure): Known for having one of the best anime magic systems and creative tone shift between arcs; the complex plot and characters had readers all over the world griefing that the manga is in hiatus. Mainly follows a protaganist who wants to walk into the footsteps of his father who became a Hunter, and discover why his father abandoned him, but it also has supporting protaganists. Great characters arcs and memorable antagonists, and the quality of the animation is consistently high despite having almost 150 episodes.
I also recommend Hunter X Hunter. It's excelent, it's not hyped as Jujutsu Kaisen or Attack On Titan, but it's better than both. It is well written, the narrative is developed in a pleasant and organic way, nothing just happens, nothing is thrown at you without explanation. This is accompanied by the characters that continue this narrative, each character has his personality, way of thinking and 90% of them are relevant and good characters. The anime was animated by one of the best studios in Japan, so you don't have to worry about animation, it is excellent.

On a serious note:
Mob Psycho 100- It's just a really fun series. But I haven't watched it in a bit.
FLCL- It's a bit of an older one (21 years old by now), but it's animation is freaking amazing.

True Masterpieces: Boku no Pico, Euphoria, Keijo!!!!!!!!, Kaifuku Jutsushi no Yarinaoshi, Kiss x Sis, Bible Black, Virgin Night, Uzaki-chan wa Asobitai!, Sora no Otoshimono, Kampfer, Hundred, Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!, Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni., Conception, Peter Grill to Kenja no Jikan, Hametsu no Mars, Ichiban Ushiro no Diamou, School Days, Akame ga Kill, Ao no Exorcist, Berserk (2016), Noragami, & Eromanga Sensei
  • Puella Magi Madoka Magica (A successful show that originally started as an anime)
  • Fate/Zero (It's Fate. No more to explain.)
  • Mondaiji-tachi ga Isekai kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? (Problematic children that becomes more powerful over time)
  • Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! / Gabriel Droput (Megumin and Gabriel should be enough)
  • Mushoku Tensei: Isekai Ittara Honki Dasu (A recent, successful isekai genre anime)
  • Toaru Majutsu no Index (Science x Fantasy)
  • Assassination Classroom (Middle-School students who has to assassinate their teacher before he blows up the Earth)
  • Hunter x Hunter (2011) / Yu Yu Hakusho (Pretty self-explanatory)
  • Cowboy Bebop (A good 90s anime)
  • Code Geass (If you liked Death Note, you should like this)
  • K-On! / Lucky Star (CGDCT, Moe, Slice of Life animes)
  • Kaguya-sama: Love is War / Toradora! / Clannad (Some of the best romance animes)
  • Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! (A nice slice of life, comedy anime)
  • Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai. (A nice slice of life, supernatural anime)
  • FLCL (The animation is amazing)
  • Mob Psycho 100 (A really fun series to watch)
  • Tengen Toppa Gurren Laggan (Same reason as Puella Magi Madoka Magica)
  • Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken (The author was inspired by Sword Art Online)
  • Yakusoku no Neverland (Just watch Season 1)
  • No Game No Life (No Game No Wife if you don't watch this)

Last edited:
Since everybody is recommending popular animes I’ll recommend some underrated ones that I personally find pretty good or ones I recently started watching/finishing.

Houseki no Kuni (Land of the Lustrous) (Action/Drama/Fantasy)

ID: Invaded (Mystery/Psychological)

Bungou Stray Dogs (Action/Comedy/Supernatural)

Shinsekai Yori (From the New World) (Drama/Horror/Mystery/Psychological)

Re: Creators (Action/Fantasy)

Girl’s Last Tour (Adventure/Mystery)

Sagrada Reset (Mystery/Supernatural)

Grand Blue (Slice of Life/Comedy)

Hinamatsuri (Slice of Life/Comedy/Supernatural)

Last edited:
Hey, you stole my suggestions
Smugumin.png

I shall suggest five anime which has not been mentioned here as of yet, all of which I have seen and I would very much recommend.

1) Rising of the Shield Hero: Starting with the one I'm surprised everyone hadn't mentioned as of yet. While this basically is yet another isekai much like Overlord, among the many others people have suggested here, this does things quite different from a lot of the power fantasy isekai that's usually associated with the genre. Taking the main character, Naofumi Iwatani, from one of the chosen heroes summoned by fate, and turning him into a vile figure in the public eye, forcing him to take turnabout and sometimes rather shady methods to get stronger and overcome every obstacle in his path, quite literally rising above it. Great characters, nice plot and a pair of rocking OPs, this is definitely a highlight of my suggestions.

2) Cells at Work!: But maybe you aren't looking for an isekai in a fantasy setting right now. Maybe you want something that'll tend to your intelligence. Then look no further than this show, which stars anthropomorphic cells within the human body as they help to keep the body functioning, similar to Osmosis Jones, but better imo. The show stars a klutzy Red Blood Cell and a stoic and often blood-thirsty White Blood Cell going about their business until some disaster happens, usually attributed to some kind of virus or other malady entering the system. The best part of the show is that everything is scientifically accurate, so it also helps you learn about human anatomy at the same time. And if you don't like the rather light tone of the show, Cells at Work BLACK exists now, so you can get a darker and grittier version of the same show.

3) Sleepy Princess in the Demon Castle: My newest anime on the list and the cutest by far, this is a hilarious comedy about a princess kidnapped by a demon lord as she spends her days trying to figure out how to get a good night's sleep. It consistently pokes fun at common RPG tropes while creating a relatable ensemble of characters, though the princess tends to steal the show whenever she's on screen. If you're looking for something light to watch while if you get sick of watching dark and gringy anime, I can't think of much better a time than this.

4) Paranoia Agent: Speaking of dark and grungy, this show is one fantastic thriller/horror anime, centering around a mysterious figure called Lil' Slugger, and the race by the police to stop his series of assaults, as well as showing the fates of his victims as they fall into their own unique levels of madness before being attacked. It's a super fascinating anime that really screws with your head, and each episode is rather unique to each other until Lil' Slugger comes in to lead the thread the plot along. It can get really dark, with topics like mental health and suicide popping in every now and again, but if you don't mind that, I think this is a good time.

5) Kekkaishi: The sleeper pick that I just generally want to spread awareness of in general, not just to you, this is definitely the oldest show on my list, but it is massively underrated. The story stars a pair of teens who go to high school together during the day, but at night they protect their school from all sorts of evil demons who seek the ancient source of power beneath it. The most interesting part of this anime is definitely the battle system, which adds a unique twist to the classic "let's go kill all the demons" formula in a lot of anime like this, forcing the two to actually rely on strategy to outwit the demon of the week. The fact that the both of them comes from rival exorcist families, with each of them having their own personal goals outside of carrying on the family legacy, really allows their personalities to be fleshed out and make it an enjoyable experience throughout. Honestly, I'm mad that this show isn't on the wiki yet, as it's a show with a lot of heart that almost everyone seems to have overlooked, and I recommend this one very highly.

My reccomendations

Jujutsu Kaisen
A great dark grungier battle shonen, with Top notch animation, good music and sound design along with one of The most likable casts I’ve seen in years
In terms of the manga same strengths of the anime aside from stuff like music and animation but replaced with the best Paneling in Jump manga currently where everything flows from page to page seamlessly.
It’s paced pretty good always trimming the fat of the Shonen formula like demon slayer and just giving what you want.
It doesn’t do anything ultra drastic and reinvent the wheel but it does things differently enough to feel like your not watching the same shows
Highly recommend
Btw the openings are such bangers

Sk8 the Infinity:Never thought I’d care so much about a skating anime. I only skated back when I was 7 years old.
I fell on my face a lot which is what makes sk8 so relatable when it comes to our Main characters progression. Unlike a lot of sports anime where the character becomes god tier because tHeYrE A GeNIuS, Langa fails a lot making him becoming good satisfying then your dissatisfied with your his explosive growth in a way I won’t spoil.
The cast is also super fun with great character design
Despite being kinda Generic it’s still just fun in general.
Animation and Art is top notch as expected Of Studio Bones, compelling characters, over the top in the best ways.
As well as it basically having a Skating Dio/Hisoka fusion what more can you want.

Kaguya Sama love is war:
Genuinely Peak comedy I’ve seen come out of anime outside of Mob Psycho and One Punch man, The jokes are funny, the Openings slap it’s well directed as hell, and the characters are so good.It genuinely makes most ROM Coms look awful by comparison.
Really highly recommend

Last edited:
Gurren Lagann - craziest powerscaling in all of anime and some of the coolest characters ever

Yu Yu Hakusho - Awesome characters, awesome fights, awesome villains

boy, there's a lot that I came home to.

I'm probably going to avoid Magical Girl type stuff at all costs- ditto for anything that one might dub "loli-centric". That stuff is uh... creepy. It comes off as creepy to me. Sorry. So things like Puella Magi and Konosuba are immediately totally banned from ye olde watchlist, as I do not intend to end up on the government's watchlist.

There's some things that also generally set me off from other suggestions here. For example, I have never played (nor do I intend to play) Bayonetta- I suspect it'd be somewhat less entertaining, then, to go and watch a movie based on it. Similarly, I dunno enough about certain anime tropes to enjoy anime(s?) that parody said tropes- your "The Misfit of Demon King Academy" reads like this. I super appreciate the suggestions, but forgive me if some aren't really given tons of consideration.

Some of these I'll also pretty much outright ignore due to how VSBW has sorta tainted my view of them. Slime is one such anime. Fate also sorta falls into this, but mostly because I only ever hear of it in the context of horny and gacha games- hard pass on both of them *****.

I think the most interesting suggestions so far are uh... Berserk, Neon Genesis, Goblin Slayer, Attack on Titan, Jujutsu Kaisen, FMA:B, Log Horizon, Cells At Work, One Punch Man, and maybe Log Horizon. Hunter x Hunter is one of the more suggested, and Parasyte I could also see being neat. Granted, a few of you only gave like... very sparse descriptions, with some meaning nothing to me (I don't know who or what the **** Megumin is, Star King).

I'll continue reading suggestions lads, feel free to make further cases for some of these should you feel so inclined.

Is ongoing anime alright? Because if so, I'll leave the simple and light suggestion of Dragon Quest: The Adventure of Dai (2020) on here even though it's likely viewed as simple shonen trash for all I know.

It's about a boy named Dai who lives in an island of monsters with the dream of becoming a hero, until people start coming to his island to start trouble. This culminates into Dai being forced to leave the island to face off against a dark army led by a demon king who wishes to wipe out the humans.

Even though it has Dragon Quest in the name, it has no connections to the games besides spells and monsters, and even the spells are easy to understand so no worries about not knowing them. I'm not a gonna act like it's a revolutionary anime that brings something new to the table, but it's simple fun with imo good characters and character development and growth being it's more central focus. It doesn't have that much complexity, but it personally doesn't need it with it's simple and sort of light story. And while it's silly from time to time like Dragon Quest tends to be, it's also serious when it needs to be.

If you don't care about simple stories, then this probably won't be for you.

Last edited:
Anyway let me try if you haven't seen these:

1. Mob Psycho 100 - good anime with good thoughts and characters.

2. Ace Attorney anime: I'll just note it, cause I feel you played ace attorney if you made Nyuhata's calc as far as I remember. It's basically repeats and cuts events of game as usual anime adaptations doing, but it also by themselves gived some backstory to Miles, Phoenix and Maya (+ little bonus train episode).

3. Baccano - Anime is at least good by the way it tells story which makes gives interest to events. Also sick opening:

4. Vinland Saga - Anime is at least good by the way how season ended. Not bad built character development.

5. Keep your hands off eizouken - fun anime about girls making anime.

6. Beastars - Wolf is in love with rabbit, but he can eat the rabbit, so he feared of that. Also another sick jazz op:

7. Dr. Stone - Pretty fun anime about science and rebuild of human civilization from 0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back