• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few revisions to characters from the Baldi's Basics series.

The player’s items need to be revised. Currently there are some mistakes and there are plenty of modern items missing.

Baldi has multilocation. During Baldi’s Basics Plus, he is able to be present in front of his bus to bring the player on a field trip despite also playing his violent hide-and-seek inside the school. During Baldi’s Basics Classic Remastered, despite floating in the cafeteria as a result of a glitch, he can also be seen scared in a hidden room, as well as waiting for the player in the Principal’s office so he can play a secret special song.

Principal of the Thing seems to have multilocation. During the Stealthy Challenge of Baldi’s Basics Plus, where the player is collecting notebooks at school after-hours, Principal of the Thing is multiple different identical beings. There are six of him in total. This proposal might give you dubious feelings because of how the evidence is from an extra mode to give the player a challenge separate from the main way to play the game. However, ever since Baldi’s Basics Classic, this series has canonically been a video game in-story, for many reasons that I won’t explain in-depth about unless I’m questioned further, so I think Principal of the Thing has this ability.

Music comes from Playtime through an unknown way. Its purpose is for the player to know when she's nearby. This probably counts as sound manipulation.

The athletic human speed ranks for Principal of the Thing and Playtime don't seem justified. Them switching from wandering around to chasing the player doesn't make their speed above average all of a sudden, it just means they gained a reason to go faster while still having average speed capabilities. The case isn't like the speed of Arts and Crafters, which is clearly extremely fast in contrast to his speed when wandering. On the topic of the speed of Arts and Crafters; his speed should be treated differently. His profile assumes that his anger is some sort of supernatural statistics amplification, but he's not like Baldi, who gets faster as he gets angrier. In actuality, Arts and Crafters is shy and normally doesn't have an incentive to use super speed unless he's angry. So, I propose that his rage power ability gets removed and his superhuman speed rank becomes listed as simply "Superhuman", instead of "Average Human, Superhuman when angry".

Last edited by a moderator:
A few revisions to characters from the Baldi's Basics series.

The player’s items need to be revised. Currently there are some mistakes and there are plenty of modern items missing.
  • WD-NoSquee doesn’t have power nullification. It’s just an object that, when applied to a door or a locker, makes it not noisy when using it a few times. The sound of a door or a locker being opened and closed isn’t an ability. An indirect result of the effect is that Baldi can’t hear the door or the locker being opened or closed when WD-NoSquee was applied, but that doesn’t mean his enhanced senses are nullified, it’s just that there was nothing for him to hear.
Limited Sound Manipulation?
For the rest, everything is fine for me.

That's the thing; giving the player Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation with the Safety Scissors or Resistance to Sealing with the Principal's Keys is like giving a person with a knife Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation because that's what he used to cut webs or a person with house keys Resistance to Sealing for unlocking the front door. That's not how resistance works!

Also, like Lemon said, lubing up a door is not a special ability. It's a thing you can do on your own with legit WD-40.

The B-SODA thing does have electricity as an ingredient, yes. I dunno how good its main ingredient, FD&C Blue 1 (simply called "Blue" in-game, is at conducting electricity, although the trace amounts of aluminum that would give it an aluminum taste (https://baldis-basics-in-education-and-learning.fandom.com/wiki/BSODA ; Gmail Mystman12 response cited) may be the reason why it can contain electricity in it. This would definitely give Baldi and co Resistance to Electricity Manipulation since they were all completely unfazed by the electricity within the stuff.

The Bog Ol' Boots probably needs some figuring out to do.

I will bring up the fact that, in NULL mode, the Whistle instead causes NULL to appear in front of the player instead. Either NULL's presence keeps other characters away from the building, giving him qualitative superiority to the others, or the whistle has limited range.

I dunno if video game sound cues should qualify for Sound Manipulation myself.

Yeah, I agree that PLaytime's and Principal's speed should be calc'd. As for Arts and Crafters, I disagree with the removal of Rage Power since what he does is the most basic example of Rage Power one can think of. Not to mention it's pretty easy to tick Arts and Crafters off just by having one more notebook that he does.

Anything I didn't dissent or clarify in this response, I agree with.

That's the thing; giving the player Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation with the Safety Scissors or Resistance to Sealing with the Principal's Keys is like giving a person with a knife Resistance to Adhesive Manipulation because that's what he used to cut webs or a person with house keys Resistance to Sealing for unlocking the front door. That's not how resistance works!
The diference of the safety scissors and the stated knife is that the safety scissor are pratically blunt in their cutting power. If you somehow use a hammer to cut a gluetrap and It somehow wasn't just stuck there as well you bassically have a hammer imune to glue

trough the principals key is right

The B-SODA thing does have electricity as an ingredient, yes. I dunno how good its main ingredient, FD&C Blue 1 (simply called "Blue" in-game, is at conducting electricity, although the trace amounts of aluminum that would give it an aluminum taste (https://baldis-basics-in-education-and-learning.fandom.com/wiki/BSODA ; Gmail Mystman12 response cited) may be the reason why it can contain electricity in it. This would definitely give Baldi and co Resistance to Electricity Manipulation since they were all completely unfazed by the electricity within the stuff.
The electricity is probably too small of an ingredient for it to count as a resistance to electricity for the other characters. I was even thinking of making it only "minor limited Electricity Manipulation" instead of "limited Electricity Manipulation" (after I had already written the latter in the original post). My point was just that the player's profile should mention that BSODA seems unsafe to drink. It doesn't seem to have the portrayal of being a damaging substance that's unsafe to touch.
The Bog Ol' Boots probably needs some figuring out to do.
I tried determining what abilities the Big Ol' Boots have in the original post. What do you think of the ideas? I'm not sure of the truth but I think I'm close.
I will bring up the fact that, in NULL mode, the Whistle instead causes NULL to appear in front of the player instead. Either NULL's presence keeps other characters away from the building, giving him qualitative superiority to the others, or the whistle has limited range.
Most of the characters being absent from the school in NULL Mode doesn't signify anything important. For all we know, the player and Null could've had their encounter at a time when the other characters were conveniently not there because of their own accord. So, the case is probably the latter option you wrote, as in that the whistle can't alert the Principal of the Thing when he's not anywhere in the area.
I dunno if video game sound cues should qualify for Sound Manipulation myself.
Baldi's Basics is canonically a video game so I don't see a problem with the proposal in this case. Plus, it's not like sound cues are necessarily just for gameplay. Principal of the Thing occasionally whistles a song as a sound cue for the player to know that he's nearby but surely we can agree that it's most likely just Principal of the Thing actually making those sounds.
Yeah, I agree that PLaytime's and Principal's speed should be calc'd. As for Arts and Crafters, I disagree with the removal of Rage Power since what he does is the most basic example of Rage Power one can think of. Not to mention it's pretty easy to tick Arts and Crafters off just by having one more notebook that he does.
My proposal wasn't exactly that the speeds should be calculated, but it would be good if that were done anyway.

Rage power is a supernatural amplification stemming from emotion, which isn't the context here. The context is that Arts and Crafters is a shy character who becomes hostile when angered. It's perfectly normal for a character or even real life human to not perform at their peak unless they have the motivation to do so. Arts and Crafter's super speed isn't suggested to be a direct product of his anger, just that he has been shown to use it only when he's angry. For Arts and Crafters to have rage power, his emotions need to be an actual supernatural ability, rather than a motivation, which there is no proof of.
Anything I didn't dissent or clarify in this response, I agree with.
Thanks. 👍

For Arts and Crafters to have rage power, his emotions need to be an actual supernatural ability, rather than a motivation, which there is no proof of.
There literally IS proof. Arts and Crafters goes from harmless sock to angry teleportation demon that can grab entities far out of its physical range (Baldi) once you get 7 Notebooks.

There literally IS proof. Arts and Crafters goes from harmless sock to angry teleportation demon that can grab entities far out of its physical range (Baldi) once you get 7 Notebooks.
Arts and Crafters wasn't shown to have some sort of demonic revamp upon becoming angry; in truth of what you're describing of him, he goes from shy to angry in a realistic way in terms of emotion. In terms of physical actions, he goes from unassertively walking around the school (which is casual behavior) to angrily zooming at the player, which reveals that Arts and Crafters' speed is super, and reveals that he can teleport. His emotions weren't suggested to be the supernatural origin of his speed; he's just somehow innately magical by default and usually doesn't have a reason to use those capabilities until he gets jealous of the player for having more notebooks than him. This should be viewed as Arts and Crafters impulsively revealing his true capabilities, rather than him having super emotions that suddenly allow him to achieve more than he could achieve before.

My idea is the same idea as Gotta Sweep innately having super speed by default even though he stays idle in his closet most of the time. The speed of Gotta Sweep is "Superhuman" instead of "Immoblie, Superhuman when cleaning" because there isn't proof that it being sweeping time for him causes a speed amplification. That would be the post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. Likewise, Arts and Crafters only demonstrating super speed when he's angry isn't proof that him becoming angry is the direct origin of his super speed, so his speed should simply be ranked as "Superhuman" instead of "Average Human, Superhuman when angry".

That's like saying the Hulk doesn't get rage power from turning big and green when angry even though he literally got that ability from nuclear radiation, Gohan doesn't get rage power from his anger literally powering him up (bear in mind, ki is an inner essence) to a point to where he landed the first critical hit against Raditz (Raditz even noted in Kai's English dub that Gohan's burst of power stemmed from his emotions), and Owen from Total Drama doesn't get rage power from his hunger literally making him go berserk and influencing him to pull out an effing safe door.

Also, no, that isn't "going from shy to angry in a realistic way in terms of emotion" unless you came from Twitter. That's getting ticked off over a minor inconvenience. "Going from shy to angry in a realistic way in terms of emotion" would be going from not really wanting to interact someone to getting confrontational, NOT going from not really wanting to interact with someone to suddenly being capable of teleporting both Person A and Person B when Person B isn't remotely considered a bystander and is in a spot nowhere in Arts and Crafters' line of sight dozens of meters away. His poster made no mention of anything supernatural let alone innately magical about Arts and Crafters let alone teleportation; it just provides a brief description of his character. If Arts and Crafters being angry causes him to teleport people even those he hadn't physically touched, which whoever wrote the poster isn't even aware of, that's Rage Power, nothing more nothing less.

I think they meant that We have no reason to belive that Arts and Crafts gains thouse powers or speed just beacuse It was angry sinse It completly fair to assume It could do It at any moment, just didn't

If I am walking around and sundle get angry with someone so I run after them I didn't got a speed boost, I was just not walking as fast as I can

That's like saying the Hulk doesn't get rage power from turning big and green when angry even though he literally got that ability from nuclear radiation, Gohan doesn't get rage power from his anger literally powering him up (bear in mind, ki is an inner essence) to a point to where he landed the first critical hit against Raditz (Raditz even noted in Kai's English dub that Gohan's burst of power stemmed from his emotions), and Owen from Total Drama doesn't get rage power from his hunger literally making him go berserk and influencing him to pull out an effing safe door.

Also, no, that isn't "going from shy to angry in a realistic way in terms of emotion" unless you came from Twitter. That's getting ticked off over a minor inconvenience. "Going from shy to angry in a realistic way in terms of emotion" would be going from not really wanting to interact someone to getting confrontational, NOT going from not really wanting to interact with someone to suddenly being capable of teleporting both Person A and Person B when Person B isn't remotely considered a bystander and is in a spot nowhere in Arts and Crafters' line of sight dozens of meters away. His poster made no mention of anything supernatural let alone innately magical about Arts and Crafters let alone teleportation; it just provides a brief description of his character. If Arts and Crafters being angry causes him to teleport people even those he hadn't physically touched, which whoever wrote the poster isn't even aware of, that's Rage Power, nothing more nothing less.
I'm pretty sure it's confirmed that the Hulk's power can reach super levels via anger though, unlike Arts and Crafters, who simply demonstrated super capabilities specifically during a bout of anger. Same with the chi manipulation that Arts and Crafters doesn't have; it's an ability that has to do with internal energy, so it can have the context of giving emotions special properties. The jealousy of Arts and Crafters needs to have a context like those ones if it's rage power. As it stands, all we know is that during a bout of anger, he decides to use super speed. Super emotions don't appear to be involved, just realistic emotions and super speed that isn't contradicted by any other instances of him trying to use it. A character may also have evidence of having rage power if, for example, during one instance where they weren't enraged yet using their full power, they demonstrated their capabilities and it didn't surpass a different character who is better than them, but in a different instance where they were enraged and using their full power, they ended up surpassing that same character they previously failed against. Arts and Crafters has no such context, because he has always used super speed when he's not being shy.

In the evidence I put in the original post, we see that Arts and Crafters is officially considered shy but gets jealous when someone has more notebooks than him. So, all there is to his emotions is that he is impulsive and has this specific fixation that gets him easily angered. When I write the word "realistic", I don't mean it as in that it's suitable behavior, I mean it as in that it's something that's bound to real life logic. Keep in mind that this character is a student at an elementary school. I don't expect emotional maturity from him. The emotional immaturity of Arts and Crafters doesn't exceed what is realistically possible.

Sorry that I didn't input this sooner. But anyways

I don't think the Limited Electricity works for the BSoda, considering that it could mean that it just has electrolytes in them, it would be like giving myself Limited Electricity Manipulation just because I drank a bottle of Gatorade. So I'm gonna be against that addition, sorry. And also for Resistance against Adhesive Manipulation, I don't think that's actually resistance but it's just a way that they can get themselves out of the Gum using the scissors, so I would call that more of a smart tactic than a whole Resistance feat. But either way, the rest should look fine.

Sorry that I didn't input this sooner. But anyways

I don't think the Limited Electricity works for the BSoda, considering that it could mean that it just has electrolytes in them, it would be like giving myself Limited Electricity Manipulation just because I drank a bottle of Gatorade. So I'm gonna be against that addition, sorry. And also for Resistance against Adhesive Manipulation, I don't think that's actually resistance but it's just a way that they can get themselves out of the Gum using the scissors, so I would call that more of a smart tactic than a whole Resistance feat. But either way, the rest should look fine.
It's alright.

Oops, I was mistaken. I got the impression that the "electricity" ingredient in the BSODA was literal electricity as an absurd funny detail. I forgot that it's also in the style of Baldi's Basics to misspell words, so electrolytes are probably what is actually meant. Thanks for pointing that out.

The description of the Safety Scissors in Johnny's Store states that the scissors are dull and can only cut through very specific things. This means the scissors wouldn't be good enough to cut through the very sticky gum as a smart tactic unless they specialize in doing so (which they do). In most circumstances you'd be correct about something like this, but Safety Scissors have the specific context that makes this a resistance.

Thanks for approving of the rest.

In the battle against Null, as we hit him, his speed increases. Couldn't we put it in the Speed section? like "Superhuman far higher as he takes more hits"?

In the battle against Null, as we hit him, his speed increases. Couldn't we put it in the Speed section? like "Superhuman far higher as he takes more hits"?
Null doesn't start at superhuman speed though. I'm pretty sure the player can escape him by walking at the beginning. As the fight progresses, Null gets more determined to chase the player, leading to his demonstration of superhuman speed.

These numerous capitalized names confuse my ape brain and inflict damage upon my already shattered conscience. I have nought an idea of what is being discussed, only a sensation of infinite crushing confusion.

So I'm neutral on this, basically.

Last edited:
These numerous capitalized names confuse my ape brain and inflict damage upon my already shattered conscience. I have nought an idea of what is being discussed, only a sensation of infinite crushing confusion.

So I'm neutral on this, basically.
Oh, I didn't think this would give you a headache. In that case, it'd be better for you to not get confused reading it. Do you know of any other administrators or content moderators who would be willing to approve of this thread and who would have an easier time reading it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Null doesn't start at superhuman speed though. I'm pretty sure the player can escape him by walking at the beginning. As the fight progresses, Null gets more determined to chase the player, leading to his demonstration of superhuman speed.
True, but by the 8-9 hit Null's speed was already faster than "Superhuman"

Although I think it could be higher since the Grappling Hook seems like it can cover a long corridor.

Last edited:
All of these seem okay to me (also added the video link for the Stamina Bar thingy)

Will try take a look at the other stuff in a bit.

True, but by the 8-9 hit Null's speed was already faster than "Superhuman"
Faster than the "Superhuman" speed rank is subsonic speed, which is faster than the eye can see. Null doesn't appear to go that fast. Null takes ten hits from the player to defeat so his speed increasing isn't very notable.
Null should also have Sound Manipulation since he was able to project his voice onto Baldi's, and no other character seems to notice that Null was there, so maybe "Perception Manipulation"?
The link you put there is of Baldi doing the sound manipulation. I don't remember when Null manipulated perception, so I don't know what you're referring to. However, now I noticed that Null doesn't have sound manipulation listed on his VS Battles Wiki profile even though it would make sense for him to have it listed.
Also wouldn't this be a good AP feat?

Although I think it could be higher since the Grappling Hook seems like it can cover a long corridor.

It seems to be a good feat for attack potency. It appears to be wall level.

The link you put there is of Baldi doing the sound manipulation.
I was referring to when Null yells "GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN", he projects his voice over Baldi's (We know this is so, because once we beat Null we don't hear that voice line again.)
I don't remember when Null manipulated perception, so I don't know what you're referring to. However, now I noticed that Null doesn't have sound manipulation listed on his VS Battles Wiki profile even though it would make sense for him to have it listed.
Here I mean the fact that no character (or at least Baldi), perceived Null's voice (it would be very strange if no one heard that)

I was referring to when Null yells "GET OUT WHILE YOU STILL CAN", he projects his voice over Baldi's (We know this is so, because once we beat Null we don't hear that voice line again.)

Here I mean the fact that no character (or at least Baldi), perceived Null's voice (it would be very strange if no one heard that)
Oh right, I understand. I forgot that it was implied to be Null's voice. I'm so used to it being considered as Baldi's voice because the detail you're referring is newly added in Baldi's Basics Classic Remastered.

Baldi has multilocation. During Baldi’s Basics Plus, he is able to be present in front of his bus to bring the player on a field trip despite also playing his violent hide-and-seek inside the school. During Baldi’s Basics Classic Remastered, despite floating in the cafeteria as a result of a glitch, he can also be seen scared in a hidden room, as well as waiting for the player in the Principal’s office so he can play a secret special song.

Principal of the Thing seems to have multilocation. During the Stealthy Challenge of Baldi’s Basics Plus, where the player is collecting notebooks at school after-hours, Principal of the Thing is multiple different identical beings. There are six of him in total. This proposal might give you dubious feelings because of how the evidence is from an extra mode to give the player a challenge separate from the main way to play the game. However, ever since Baldi’s Basics Classic, this series has canonically been a video game in-story, for many reasons that I won’t explain in-depth about unless I’m questioned further, so I think Principal of the Thing has this ability.
I guess this is fine? Given Baldi already acknowledges everything being a game.

Music comes from Playtime through an unknown way. Its purpose is for the player to know when she's nearby. This probably counts as sound manipulation.
But this I disagree with. Yes, everything is acknowledged for being a game, but that doesn't mean certain things aren't merely game mechanics. She's not necessarily creating music just like that.

The rest is fine.

I guess this is fine? Given Baldi already acknowledges everything being a game.

But this I disagree with. Yes, everything is acknowledged for being a game, but that doesn't mean certain things aren't merely game mechanics. She's not necessarily creating music just like that.

The rest is fine.
Thanks for evaluating the thread! I'll apply the revisions sometime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back