• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Mimi is hundreds of years old. It's in the Halloween event. the logbook said she used to be a magic teacher.

Mimi the mimic? She doesn't even fight in a way that you can judge her skill. She picks a random spell, tosses it out, then just tries to squash Chelshia with obvious chest drops. We can't really gleam any combat skill from that.

Also, can you post the link to the Halloween event or show a picture? I can't find anything relating to it.

Oh I don't think it shows off the journals. If that's what you're looking for I think I can get a picture. Not rn but later, if that's what you're looking for. The whole thing is the harvest event

Honestly it doesn't matter that much, as what does matter is whether she actually uses her hundreds of years of magical skills in combat. Which she doesn't, as her spell attacks are random when she fights Chelshia. So Chelshia doesn't scale to "can beat enemies with hundreds of years of experience" from beating her, as the fight wasn't even Mimi going all out if this is to be believed.

No that just happens to be how she does her magic. Her roulette style of magic lets her use a lot of different spells

But either way, her hundreds of years of magical study and teaching don't reflect in her combat. If she is forced to receive a random spell everytime she uses her magic, she can't train herself to be optimal in combat.

If her log book said something like "has perfected her magical art of randomness over hundreds of years," or something to that effect such that we can actually know she has hundreds of years of combat experience, then this wouldn't be an issue. But all we have is her age and the fact that she's really good at magic, but her magic is completely random even to her, so we can't gauge how skilled she is.

Basically, the most skilled person Chelshia has fought would be Ellena, who is better at planning ahead than straight up 1v1 combat. If this is the case, Bakugo would absolutely outskill her with his on the fly tactics and movements. He's smarter in combat than basically all of his peers, can find weaknesses in quirks and fighting styles easily, and is capable of adapting his own fighting style to overwhelm his opponents.

As I've shown from the scans and videos I posted, his mobility is higher than Chel's, as he has much better range and control over what he can do when blasting off. Chelshia is not that mobile. She has an air hop and a straightforward dash, neither of which are comparable to someone that is in constant, sporadic motion like Bakugo. He can dodge around her dash attacks all day with his level of mobility, while blowing her up at the same time. All this, and I haven't even touched on stun grenade just blinding Chelshia so Bakugo can blow her up with nearly no resistance.

I don't see how Chelshia can overcome the intelligence, skill and mobility gap. Her attacks are weird but too easy to dodge against someone like Bakugo.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Technically All Might. For someone on more equal footing, either the League of Villains when they 6v1'd him, or Todoroki.
The League of Villains were good at using their Quirks but I wouldn't call him the best fighters, and All Might is All Might so there isn't much he could have done there anyway.

Todoroki was probably his best fight, but Todoroki at the point was less skill and just overwhelming firepower, and he was only half in the fight.

Not arguing that Chelshia is more skilled, I believe Bakugo has a big advantage there, just saying that those fights don't amount to much.

I know they don't amount to much, they were incredibly brief and didn't result in all out confrontations, but he asked. It was never my point that those fights solely were what displayed Bakugo's skill anyway. My point was that Chel's own skill feats are nowhere near as good as Bakugo's skill feats, little as they are in this key, including against fodder or his classmates.

Bakugo in the sports festival shows he is much smarter than Chelshia. In every event, Bakugo dominated his competition not just with brute force, but with tactics and planning. He analyzed powers incredibly fast, and utilized or beat them just as quickly. Kirishima, Tokoyami, Monoma, even Todoroki in the brief encounter they had. Bakugo didn't "one shot them because he's stronger than them." He planned around their strengths, found their weaknesses, outmaneuvered them and beat them easily because he had the skill and power to do so. The belief that Bakugo only did good in the sports festival because he one shot people is ridiculous, and was the start of this point.

This entire skill argument is stemming from Moritzva deciding to shit on mha and saying Bakugo has the exact same skill scaling as Chelshia does, and that he's just a semi trained buffoon with a cool power along with the rest of the verse, just because they don't stack up to another verse.

My point has always been that Bakugo has better mobility and better showings, so he can evade and beat Chel easily. He doesn't need to be defeating 50 year old kings of fighting or the god of war or whatever other BS skill feats exist on this wiki. He's a highly skilled kid who stomps other trained kids because he's smarter than them, and he would do the same to Chelshia because her own skills don't stack up to what he's been shown to be capable of.

Bakugo really isn't all that skilled.

He has a good quirk, but it is not anything all that impressive in terms of skill. He's just blasting himself at people or around them. By that logic everyone who can jump several times mid air has a lot of skill cus they can change directions mid air.

The destroying robots feats, is similarly not that good of a feat for the same reason. He defeated them all, yes, yet Half and Half boyo outdid him, cus he had a better quirk. Bakugo managed to do that cus of his quirk being good.

So much of this isn't Bakugo showing some insane skill, it's mostly just Bakugo knowing how to make use of his extremely good quirk.

Isn't knowing his quirk also a skill though. At least more skillful than just destroying fodder. His quirk is already complex anyway.

He has some degree of tactical thinking, but it gets easily clouded by his anger. A trully skillful character in MHA is Mirio, who trained the usage his quirk and also fighting

SchroKatze said:
He has some degree of tactical thinking, but it gets easily clouded by his anger. A trully skillful character in MHA is Mirio, who trained the usage his quirk and also fighting
Mirio is much more skilled yes.

But Bakugo is pretty average.

@Fire he's still the more skilled combatant in this fight and it really isn't just aiming the coordination required to move yourself through the air with just your arms is pretty notable.

And his blasting away can be overpowered by good martial art if you catch him when he's near you. If you overwhelm him with martial arts he will be unable to keep on blasting away. Thing that Chel having overpowered 5 dudes at the same time should be capable of acomplishing.

And no, he's not the more skilled here. He has a better ability, but in terms of skill he has nothing in cqc that could compare to beating 5 dudes at the same time.

>Todoroki

He went nuts because Todoroki didn't go all out. In the other fights he knew he could defeat them, and thats the only reason he kept his cool.

Yeah he kept his cool up until then and even when he yelled at Todoroki he didn't do anything stupid and kept his goal of make Todoroki attack seriously. His confidence has nothing to do with it even when facing the LoV he didn't blow up and and was calmly dodging them and acknowledged he was holding AM back

Firephoenixearl said:
And his blasting away can be overpowered by good martial art if you catch him when he's near you. If you overwhelm him with martial arts he will be unable to keep on blasting away. Thing that Chel having overpowered 5 dudes at the same time should be capable of acomplishing.
And no, he's not the more skilled here. He has a better ability, but in terms of skill he has nothing in cqc that could compare to beating 5 dudes at the same time.
She beat 5 dudes who spam the same attack over and over and if I recall they attack one at a time so that isn't a good skill feat and on top of that they were all weaker than her.

Pretty sure that was just becuase they didn't want a bunch of boss health bars to make the fight impossible. In the previous level you beat the crap out of all five of them anyways. They are as strong as Chelshia though, the game constantly shows this.

Game mechanics is your argument to them going down quickly? What showings do they have of them being comparable she also fights them one at a time and they only use one attack repeatedly

There's still argument for Chel I don't think this should be added. Also, the fact that they're bosses and can hurt and damage Chelshia in general shows they're comparable to her. They are their own boss fights after all, they don't just show up in the middle of the final fight. They can take plenty of beatings from Chel and can still, again, hurt her. They are comparable.

I could argue they only hurt her due to game mehcanics and why are you back tracking? You previously agreed they go down after a couple blows but said it was game mechanics so why are you saying they can take plenty of beatings now?

Bakugou is smarter, more skilled, more mobile and can oneshot her with the Howitzer Impact, her berserker form is more of a detriment to her as well since she takes double damage and he can blind and stun her with Stun Grenade. Grace is over even if you can still argue for her the votes are in and it's over.

Because they take plenty of beatings in other boss fights becuase they show up earlier in the game. It doesn't make sense for them to take beatings form Chelshia and then for them to go down in one or two hits without saying game mechanics.

A match can't be added if there are other arguments though. How powerful is this howitzer impact? Berserk mode isn't like a requirement here she doesn't have to go into it to make the fight fair. I don't think he's super high in skill when compared to Chel, and if she gets blind she goes into chest form until the blindness wears off.

So they take beatings from early game Chel who should be weaker than late game Chel. How many hits do they take to go down normally.

His Howitzer oneshots people with 1.05 ton durability and his costume lets him produce 1.05 ton attacks with a couple minutes of charge up. If she isn't in berserker mode she's at an AP disadavantage. He stomped the USJ villains who had various different abilties he'd never gone up against including things like camouflage, so she has a counter to blindness that he could easily take advantage of to hit her when she's out of it. He can also just ourange her till he wins.

I feel like that should be restricted then if it's a one shot.

Chel doesn't get a specific power up in the game. She's the same AP level, not every game has a sudden power increase later on. It normally takes I think ten or so hits? I honestly can't remember. Chel also deals with a lot of abilities she's never seen before, however.

You can only restrict abilties if they change a tier I think?

10 hits? Ok I accept they're comparable to her then. So she fights 5 people on her level who spam one attack and attack one at a time which still isn't a good showing.

Yeah but Bakugou is fighting multiple people with varied abilties he hasn't seen attacking simultaneously and stomping all of them with no damage to himself (He did this very early on in the story since he could barely even fly back then) and even if they're even in skill he still has all his other advantages.

Lets say Chel and Bakugo are the exact same in skill.

Bakugo beats her in mobility, Intelligence and Range. Chel's only advantage is AP, which also makes her take more damage, and an ability that makes her invincible, but makes her unable to attack or move, and is very obvious. She has no way of predicting Bakugo's stun grenade, gets severely injured by any of his serious explosions, and is likely outright defeated by Howitzer Impact. All her methods of attack are incredibly linear and easy to avoid, and her only reliable ranged option doesn't even work if she gets damaged.

In what way does Chelshia beat Bakugo more times than he beats her?

Back