• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
  • 1. Citations. I've watched and read a crap ton of Bakugou-related fights, it's extremely underwhelming. I see no evidence of being smarter, or faster. Bakugou's best trick is using explosions to push himself around the opponent, and even that worked what, once?
  • 2. I don't remember Deku being a genius, either. If you're looking at MHA for incredible skill and tactics, you're looking in the wrong place. Bakugou is the strongest in his class... because his explosions go big boom and one-shot everyone.
  • 3. Because he one-shots most of them..?
  • 4. Higher AP, mobility, invulnerability, a bunch of really weird ranged attacks of various manners... I think Chel is good.
  • 5 & 6. Not killing yourself with your own attacks doesn't mean you take no damage from similar AP. Deku is clearly an exception in regards to his own power. Bakugou is regularly hurt by blasts comparable to his own, and not damaging himself with his own attacks is not grounds to upscale.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Heck, Deku was the one who shot the explosion that was calced, and it hurt him, while Bakugo is nearly unmoved by his own gauntlets all the time. If anything this shows Bakugo has comparable durability to 5% Deku, who has several casual above 1 ton dura feats
Deku hurts himself with literally all of his attacks, he's basically the only character who does it.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Clearly you've seen nothing past like the first season and a half of MHA if you think A) there are no tactics involved and B) Deku hurts himself with literally all of his attacks.
I've seen plenty of it, and first of all... This is Beginnings Bakugou, for one. I'm not 100% where we cut off the tier and went to the next, but Deku still regularly hurt himself until Full Cowl became a thing. Even then, the precedent is that Deku hurts himself, a lot, unlike any other character.

And no, I could go off for a long time about MHA's shitty fight writing, but it'll involve a lot of very, very strong words that I'd not voice here. The complexity of a MHA fight is about as complicated as a Kindergarten fist fight.

I would love to hear the immensely intricate and detailed strategies of immense skill rivaling only Ikki and Yugiro themselves.

Seriously, they are hero students who have neat tricks. I'm honestly not sure where the idea that they're outskilling everyone came from. If you were arguing All Might's skill, you'd have a lot more of a point.

Bakugo vs the giant villain from the movie is a good display of his mobility.

https://youtu.be/YPHoawIW1Ec Go to 1:47.

It's incredibly brief, but it displays just how near untouchable Bakugo is to someone not as mobile as he is, as well as how fast he can redirect himself with explosions in the middle of a fight to gain an advantage on his opponent. Also in the movie, Bakugo finished a race up a large hill, destroying villain bots all around said hill, in 15 seconds due to how fast and mobile he was, faster even than 5% Deku.

https://youtu.be/ggzWcba79Dk

Again, a brief moment showing how fast and agile Bakugo is in mid air, as well as how good he is at changing direction easily. Does Chel have any way of comparing to this mobility?

Other than that, there was the time he evaded the league of villains by himself, the above posted scans of him evading Deku and Todoroki, and some other minor feats that don't matter much. Bakugo has things to back up his mobility being very good. Does Chel?

Deku studied Bakugo for his entire life, knew his fighting style, knew his quirk, and had Batman level prep against him mentally (minus the personality), and still would have gotten stomped on if he didn't have one for all, not because Bakugo was stronger, but because Bakugo can change his tactics to adapt to his opponents weakness incredibly fast. Whether you believe the world of mha is tactical or not, Bakugo outskilled Deku who had access to practically all his information.

If that's not good enough, Bakugo outskilled Todoroki and would have forced him to use his fire, despite him being trained since childhood by one of the best combat heroes. Bakugo outskilled whole teams of students in the sports festival with his tactics. Bakugo literally stomped on everyone that came his way thinking he was a brute because he's actually one of the smartest kids in U.A., but you're telling me he isn't skilled enough to figure out Chel's abilities, and out maneuver her? What insane feats of skill does she have that completely void all of Bakugo's training and showings?

Bakugo doesn't one shot "everyone" he comes across, and even the ones he does, he uses his intelligence first to "get" the one shot. It's not like he walks up to people and blows them up, like that's the only style of fighting he's ever displayed. He is analytical, as shown with how he deconstructs quirks like Kirishima's and Tokoyami's to find their weaknesses and how to blow them up in the most efficient way.

Higher AP is irrelevant if she can't touch him. Her invulnerability makes her unable to move or attack. Her other moves are literally fodder that get dodged by Bakugo moving in a separate direction.

No, seriously: what move in Chel's arsenal exists that can catch Bakugo while he's redirecting himself in the air? The only move I can think of is her dash attack, because all her other moves are incredibly straight forward and not useful at all, and even it can be reacted to by Bakugo just exploding away.

Also, can we talk about how Chel takes twice as much damage from attacks in berserk mode? Because I feel like that's an important part about how Bakugo beats her. She's taking more damage than she can reliably handle for a long time, against someone she's going to be struggling to hit. That's not even mentioning Bakugo using his gauntlets or howitzer impact. Chel is not perfect with her invulnerability either, so she will be hit by Bakugo's attacks, especially if he's outmaneuvering her.

Bakugo directly takes the full force of his explosions every single time he lets them off. He is undamaged or even bothered by all but the most potent of his explosions, which are much higher than his normal AP, and therefore his dura, but even then he can fire dozens of them at a time.

https://youtu.be/bG1cpuAaLFU Go to 2:20, those blasts are the ones that hurt him.

Bakugo absolutely upscales from tanking the force of his normal explosions easily.

5% full cowl Deku doesn't hurt himself with his attacks, what did you mean? I'm talking about the several above 1 ton durability feats he has calced on his page. Bakugo scales to 5% in terms of durability, as shown when Deku is actually hurt by Bakugo's Gauntlet blast, while Bakugo is practically unfazed by using them.

I think your understanding of the keys is a bit skewed. U.A. Beginnings is everything from the start of the show to the fight between AFO and AM. That includes the forest training arc and movie.

Ok, now it just seems like you're ******** on MHA because you don't like it rather than you actually have constructive evidence about why Bakugo's displays of skill aren't worth much.

Also, how about providing some feats for Chel that show she can keep up with Bakugo rather than trying to bring Bakugo down? If she's so versatile and mobile, where are her feats?

"Chel has worse showings than Bakugo so she loses" is an argument I'm now making.

There are so many Chel matches, dear lord.

I mean you can look up any speedruns to see her mobility.

Speedruns are just her being mobile as all hell bad don't really abuse glitches so they're decent in showing off what she's capable of. I might see if I can find a good one

Video games can be a bit misleading with top-end skill feats (such ss how you can complete Undertale while taking 0 damage, or get to Loop 7 or so in NT).

Her best feat I've heard is fighting the captain by herself. Then 5 pirates at once. Then the captain once more.

Though the 5 pirates spammed the same attack. And none really attacked the same time.

And you know in general fighting pretty good group of pirates. There's also the elemental mini-bosses. In some levels there are two that attack at the same time with magic attacks

Fast based combat is moreso her thing really. Martial arts is more of an assumption. She had fighting programmed into her brain.

At most she fought 5 at once. Yes, it's impressive to fight with multiple pirates. But I'm saying she did fight about 5 at once at most

So it's impressive for her to fight 5 fodder pirates, all using the same attack, but Bakugo beating up tons of villainsin the USJ, and taking out dozens of security bots at I-Island isn't as good?

What actually skilled opponents has Chelshia beaten. One verses fodder vs another verses fodder doesn't go anywhere unless the two are incredibly similar.

Downplay vs Stating what happened in the actual fight itself and the actual amount of people she fought at once at most

Not even fodder pirates my dude. They were skilled pirates, the leaders of the group essentially. There's six or more main pirates of the sea spiders, she fought five of them, and then their captain twice while their captain clearly had a home field advantage because it was on their ship

Still. as I said. All of them really only spammed one attack. And they didn't use it all at once or attacked at the same times. Sure. Home field advantage and were pirates. But they have no actual on screen or ever stated very impressive feats. They just are good pirates. Not as impressive as being put out. Still has skill yea. Just feel like it's being overplayed

How skilled were these pirates. The number doesn't matter, as both characters have beaten and handled multiple opponents weaker than them, their skill does. And home field advantage doesn't mean much to the current argument I think? If I beat Jack Sparrow in combat on land, am I unable to beat him on his ship?

Jackythejack said:
I was told he mainly fought fodder villains
I mean. The pirates were kinda fodder to her too. They go down really fast. All of them together shared the health bar of one single boss. And the other pirates were real fodder

I mean arguably that would be the case. You wouldn't be able to beat him on his boat but that's not relevant I suppose.

They have shown skill before. Expert sword thrower, training since a child's age, one is a magical teacher who is hundreds of years old which obviously requires some skill. Hell that one made her own branch of magic that's how good she was. Doroko openly states she's better than all the other girls (and isn't exactly ubreliable), and Ellena, their captain, never had a plan fail or lost a fight before chelshi came along.

Kingofwolves999 said:
I'm actually very confused by this home field advantage thing. Was the captain amped on his ship or something?
You fight better when you know the layout of where you're fighting. It's really that simple

Bakugo's most best skill feat if we're measuring his skills is probably blast turbo as a whole. Most people forget how much skill it would take to position himself and coordinate while attacking. That's Bakugo skill since about chapter 9 and probably got better til chapter 94. Don't know which one is more skilled.

I just read all the logbook entries for the pirates, and most of what you said wasn't exactly correct. Serpentina, the "expert sword thrower," was born on a pirate ship, but is actually a terrible pirate, so her fighting skills aren't at that level. I can't find any mention of a several hundred year old magic teacher. DJ Doroko being more powerful than the others doesn't mean much to the skill argument.

The most intelligent members seem to be Amelia, who is only technology smart with no mention of combat, and the captain, Ellena. She has good statements of being a master strategist and not having her plans fail, but again, in actual combat, she doesn't seem particularly smart. She's good at planning ahead, but in direct 1v1 combat, the most you can say is she's "above the others."

Back