• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bakugan: Dragonoid's Hax/Ability Revision Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I am trying to make the edits and I think something went wrong with the pictures even though I didn't touch them... So now I can't save any of the edits I made.

Dammit.

I mean, I'm not editing it anymore. I had to x out because I didn't want to save any mistakes that would mess up a page. Your help would be appreciated, and sorry for kinda dropping the ball at the end.

Yeah, and I think there was a Note we wanted to put in that explained which forms of Dharak and Drago had these abilities.

Just for future reference, concerning Clayf's atomic brave ability, we did decide that outside of Game Mechanics it would allow the user to steal the opponents actual abilities right?

I thought we did but I don't want to spred false info.

A question. Dharak should not be given Neo Legend X, Vestroia X, and Dianos Cocos X, because they explicitly require a connection to the Perfect Core, right?

Dragontime said:
A question. Dharak should not be given Neo Legend X, Vestroia X, and Dianos Cocos X, because they explicitly require a connection to the Perfect Core, right?
Yeah, these are because of the Perfect Core, and Dharak most likely wouldn't have these

Agreed.

And okay. I thought we didnt decide that but it looks like I thought right. So any of the opponents abilities would be given to Drago for him to use back on them if he activated Atomic Brave, right?

Answer this question. Is G Power the equivalent of Attack in YuGiOh. If yes? Then drop this. It's stat stealing. If no, then it's ability stealing.

The real cal howard said:
Answer this question. Is G Power the equivalent of Attack in YuGiOh. If yes? Then drop this. It's stat stealing. If no, then it's ability stealing.
G-Power is also contributed to abilities being used. If someone cancels you G-Power gain, it means they are canceling your ability entirely. Simple as that.

Now with this particualar move it is Stat Stealing, however Atomic Brave is indeed High level Power Nullification. It is pretty much a slightly weaker OS Generics.

I don't believe it is the same as Attack from Yugioh.

We'll need more input but I dont see how its stat stealing. It makes no sense on how an ability is stolen and only stats are applied when, outside game mechanics, there is no stats.

Its not just power nullification. Atomic Brave has the entire ability from an opponent given to the user and the user is able to use that ability for themselves, not the opponent. The opponent doesnt benefit or get to use that ability at all.

It depends on the hax thats being stolen. If, lets say, statistics amplification was being stolen, thats easily stat stealing. But if lets say, Time or Space Manipulation is stolen, its ability stealing as time and space hax has no stats.

If G Power is a quantifiable statistic that determines if the Bakugan wins or not, then yes, it is the same as every other attack stat in games, and it would be statistics manipulation. This isn't a suggestion. This is what it is. If it isn't, then I will happily drop this, and to make stakes higher, I will change my avi to Julie. But from what I'm hearing, G Power is the same as any other quantifiable statistic in a game.

I am going to go ahead and save the page. Please check over for me, as I was in a bit of hurry. Have things to do and whatnot.

Simply put Kukui. Clayf's skill is stat copying.

However, Cal I will say this. Comparing G-Power to Attack points in not 100% valid in Bakugan.

Alright, everybody. I have to go for now, so please make any other edits I may have forgotten and change Atomic Brave's description if you wish to. Thanks in advance.

Maybe, but (and please forgive me if it looks like im mad, im not at all and I hope you arent mad at me or anything Cal) if the entire ability is being stolen, why would only stats be applied? Theres no such thing as Mind or Time Manipulation having stats, it makes no sense. So if the whole ability is being taken, then the entire ability should be appliable. The only time it would be stat manipulation is if another stat hax is being stolen since it would effect the users stats, not the opponents.

Au revoir, Dragontime.

@xyz. I understand that to an extent. But from what I'm seeing is that it's like Attack Points, but it also is a non-theorized version of power>hax that DB likes to claim. So while G Power is well...power, it also decides on whether you're capable of using hax or not.

@Kukui. I'm not mad and I don't think you're being mad at all. Sorry if I seem that way. After several revisions that pissed me off a little and a bit of stress, my online personality changed a bit, and I'm far more blunt than I used to be.

@Dragontime I'll look over it, thanks for all the help.

And if it means anything, Atmoic Brave copies the abilities of the enemy and only applies it to Clayf/the user. In this way, yeah, most abilities used increase G power, but a lot of them have the duality to reveal that they also can grant the bakugan special powers. An example of one is that Preyas was once given an ability card that increased his G power, but the visual affect was that he turned invisible (Funny how I use the term visual affect and my example is of someone turning invisible and therefore can't be seen...). And also, if you are refering to G power in the manner that I think you are, then I'd have to argue that G Power isn't all that accurate for actually determining power levels.

Infinity Drago had a power level of 1000, yet Maxus Drago had one of 3700. This would make Maxus Drago far stronger then Infinity Drago, which simply isn't the case. Then again, I could be wrong on what you mean for "quantifiable", so if I am, sorry in advance.

But yeah, things seem to be getting a little heated as of right now, so I believe that we should all just take a breather (if needed) and review the ability from the ground-up just as a final way of trying to figure this out.

G-Power does not exist in non Bakugan game battles. We aren't going by Bakugan Game rules here. In Vestroia, NOTHING has shown Power>Hax. That is simply a game mechanic. G-Power does not exist in Vestroia. G-Power only mattered when they were restricted by Humans, Vestals, Gundalians, etc. Never once has it shown to be a thing in flat out Vestroia.

I think this is one thing we all should remember when using Bakugan in battles. Cal if you could note this it would be great. G-Power does not exist in actual Vestroia. In thus G-Power effects are not to be taken seriously as it only matters when Bakugan are restricted to Battle Brawler rules. So when used abilities(Hax) take precedence over G-Power.

Also I don't think Dharak should have access to Chaos Ability X. I think that's Vexos Drago only.

So... With this all settled, we are all OK with putting down "Hax copy" or whatever in Drago's profile?

At most it is a Me-First without Precog. Meaning only regular elemental and energy moves are copied.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
At most it is a Me-First without Precog. Meaning only regular elemental and energy moves are copied.
Alrighty. So now everything is settled? No Hax copy, Hax cancellatio is allowed?

If so, I think we are basically done here, right? And if we are... Then I would like to request we (and by "we" I mean anyone still interested in continuing the Bakugan discussio) to this thread and we can select the next big topic. Either we make some new profiles for other significant bakugan (Like Leinhalt, Code Eve, the Legendary Soldiers, etc.), or we can work on brief revisions on Vladitor and Leonidas, because at this point they need it and we already covered the most important topics (All we need left is to add the stuff to Drago's profile, I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back