• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is simple

Earthquake feat got calced to 7-C again

This thread explains why it is M6 is the most valid

This time scaling will be far more strict than before as few characters scaling to Yujiro.

More Revisions will be coming for the Baki verse such as better scaling, a better explanation of skills, and abilities.

Also, Yujiro will be getting an "At least" rating as it's explained that Yujiro gets stronger every day, the feat was performed in the 90s, and Yujiro in Dou ll should be far above the feat performed.

Also Nomi ll was completely bodied by Yujiro in a fight, so Yujiro gets definitely Class M scaling

Last edited:
So after reading all of Baki and while I do not like what he did Cuddles did help with scaling to the verse. Now however since 7-C is back this will become a lot simpler and easier. I will be posting the scaling soon later today

Magnitude 6 makes sense to me in-context, tho the calc needs to be accepted by a calc member.
If we want to be conservative, we can go with "At least 8-A, likely 7-C"

Scaling Yujiro to Nomi seems fine, at least according to the scans provided.

Alright, three so far agreeing and one coming from Saman.

Magnitude 6 makes sense to me in-context, tho the calc needs to be accepted by a calc member.
If we want to be conservative, we can go with "At least 8-A, likely 7-C"
Is really necessary for it to be accepted by a calc member? Back before the earthquake was already accepted to be 7-C beforehand. And now that we have a calc for it I feel like we can have a go-ahead. But that's probably fair to wait for an opinion for a calc, can call my friend armor to give it the green light lol. Ehhh that would probably confuse things with scaling, and my goal here is to make the Baki profiles as accurate as possible since the profiles are pretty outdated by my view. I would like Yujiro to just be definitely 7-C for now

Scaling Yujiro to Nomi seems fine, at least according to the scans provided.
If you need more scans I can get you them right now. Before the fight despite being taller than Yujiro Nomi was felt that he was looking up at Yujiro. Then after Nomi slams, Yujiro which does no damage, proceed to get hit once and is out of the fight

All calcs need to be accepted officially, that's standard procedure.
Imho plain 7-C is good, mine was a compromise if more people have doubts about it.

Yeah, scaling's fine.

Oh yeah I know lol. It’s just that some users here on discord said that the 7-C range is good, but yeah I forgot that it needs the go ahead for that lol. I already got Armor to check it out to see if he green lights it and Samon is someone I trust as well

7-C should be fine. However, I'm more interested in this new scaling chain that's supposedly being implemented.
Don't worry about that too much, literally only the big bois are truly going to scale fully, and for the other characters some of them are gonna get hit a little hard

So ... the calc seen to have gotten evaluated and accepted( on the middle end)
I agree with it , but am curious on the scaling

Bumping

Do yall want to proceed with the upgrade and then make a definitive scaling list? I want that one to be longer and more discussion-worthy since this one was just meat to upgrade them

Bumping

Do yall want to proceed with the upgrade and then make a definitive scaling list? I want that one to be longer and more discussion-worthy since this one was just meat to upgrade them
Yeah I guess so

Also as soon as upgrades will proceed I'll make Yujiro vs Hayato again.

I feel like Yujiro should get different keys for each arc because the power creep he undergoes is off the charts, like, he becomes so much stronger he can't even be considered the same person anymore and at this point Yujiro has been evolving and getting stronger for like a thousand chapters.

This seems fine to apply to me. The scaling from the new calculation and Nomi that is.

If the calc is accepted it should be fine to add onto his current rating. But the 8-A should still be there. I disagree with a flat 7-C rating.

Changes should absolutely not be made without input from multiple more people.

If the calc is accepted it should be fine to add onto his current rating. But the 8-A should still be there. I disagree with a flat 7-C rating.

Changes should absolutely not be made without input from multiple more people.
Hard disagree with this. The page was a complete mess with the 8-A rating because that was from the Baki feat which happen later on in the manga. There no reason for this as multiple staff members and other Baki supporters are good with flat 7-C.

Why should Yujiro have a 8-A key when the only way he can have it is when you upscale Baki feat

Adding an 8-A key is just going to confuse more stuff which is exactly what I’m trying to avoid with these upcoming upgrades

Damn, it seems to me Bakiverse is the most unstable in terms of character power levels. The best AP shown doesn't go beyond 8-B+, average Aps have 9-A and 8-C, but Itagaki likes to show similar earthquakes and how the characters stop them. It's not even possible to count, lol. By the way, in the same fight, Yujiro is bitten to the blood by his own wife. Although, I think it can also be scaled up to 7-C, lmao.
I would call it an outlier, but Yujiro regularly backs it up with quotes about the fact that no weapon is capable of killing him.
And to be honest, I don't even know who else will scale to 7-C. Only Yuichiro comes to mind, but the scaling of Baki is questionable. In theory, the same Orochi Doppo broke Yujiro's several ribs and broke Yuichiro's jaw, but to see him in the key of 7-C is some kind of perversion.

By the way, since this is a stopping feat, then I believe that using the timeframe from the anime. It looks like stopping took 2-3 seconds. You can build on that.

Eh, fair enough I guess. As long as we don’t get the same bs from before where everyone and their mother scaled to Yujiro. Tier 7 should only have a few people.

Eh, fair enough I guess. As long as we don’t get the same bs from before where everyone and their mother scaled to Yujiro. Tier 7 should only have a few people.
Literally this man don’t worry.

Shit got so ****** last time and like that why I’m trying to avoid it bro, and don’t worry scaling is going to be super strict and to be honest only like a select few will scale

Damn, it seems to me Bakiverse is the most unstable in terms of character power levels. The best AP shown doesn't go beyond 8-B+, average Aps have 9-A and 8-C, but Itagaki likes to show similar earthquakes and how the characters stop them. It's not even possible to count, lol. By the way, in the same fight, Yujiro is bitten to the blood by his own wife. Although, I think it can also be scaled up to 7-C, lmao.
I would call it an outlier, but Yujiro regularly backs it up with quotes about the fact that no weapon is capable of killing him.
And to be honest, I don't even know who else will scale to 7-C. Only Yuichiro comes to mind, but the scaling of Baki is questionable. In theory, the same Orochi Doppo broke Yujiro's several ribs and broke Yuichiro's jaw, but to see him in the key of 7-C is some kind of perversion.

By the way, since this is a stopping feat, then I believe that using the timeframe from the anime. It looks like stopping took 2-3 seconds. You can build on that.
There’s defiantly a few people who scale to Yujiro like Baki and Pickle. Doppo is not one of them since he never actually hurt Yujiro. The broken ribs comment was made by Motobe and was immediately proven false.

Part of dealing with Grappler Baki is dealing with the inconsistencies that arise from a 40 year old series made by a guy who doesn’t give two ***** about power scaling. We just have to do our best to make it make sense.

Please don’t bro. I hate the ‘muh earthquake outlier’ so much with a passion. Like the amount of times I have to explain it. Also nah peps definitely do scale lmao, it’s just not much because of how inconsistent shit is with the verse

Hanayama blew Yujiro's blood. Musashi also needs to scale to Hanma. Sukune scales from Baki, and that in turn scales Jack.
Moreover, the summator from the tournament gave Baki a good fight, which would have been impossible if they were characters of such different tiers.

Please don’t bro. I hate the ‘muh earthquake outlier’ so much with a passion. Like the amount of times I have to explain it. Also nah peps definitely do scale lmao, it’s just not much because of how inconsistent shit is with the verse
I just don't really like how the authors of various works like to insert this into their work, clearly not understanding how this affects scaling. And then they show these same characters as 9-A.

I have no problem with your calculation. The only thing I would suggest is to use the time it took to stop the earthquake to get the result. It still has key 7.

I just don't really like how the authors of various works like to insert this into their work, clearly not understanding how this affects scaling. And then they show these same characters as 9-A.

I have no problem with your calculation. The only thing I would suggest is to use the time it took to stop the earthquake to get the result. It still has key 7.
Ehhh for the Baki anime I wouldn’t really use it. It differs from the OG manga in a lot ways so I wouldn’t really trust it, the DB for example was a 4x because of the anime. However we take manga> anime and with the original never having a statement like it we trashed it.

Also yeah but to be fair, Itagaki wasn’t like ‘Yeah when Yujiro punches that earthquake it’s going to be exactly 7-C and I have to show him to be consistent with that level’ authors rarely care about scaling or consistent especially with Baki lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back