• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki The Grappler Upgrade

This is a better version of my previous content revision on Baki now that i have more knowledge
I am going to be talking about specific feats and statements , explaining them in better detail and why the help the case of the top tiers of the verse being higher then city block level
to help prove them i'm going to use real life facts and the reactions of the characters when these feats happen
the most Important fact is that Japan has over 20% of all magnitude six and higher earthquakes of the world every single year , using the reactions of the characters who experience these feats we can see that these feats are higher then magnitude 6.5 earthquakes , let us start

these are the feats and the statements

Yujiro stopped an at least magnitude 7 earthquake in its entirety ( definitely includes total seismic energy )

Yujiro was also stated to look like he has stopped more then just earthquakes , this was stated by Strydum the man who at that point knew more about Yujiro then anyone

Yujiro at the age of sixteen was considered superior to the United states of america ( which would include the tsar bomb ) , the reason why I'm using this as a feat is that Yujiro gets stronger extremely quick , Yujiro in less then a year ( in between the kaku kaioh fight and the pickle fight ) Yujiro in base ( part 3 ) became stronger then his complete demon back self ( part 2 ) , with the demon back being at the very least a 7.5 times multiplier , so since he became that much stronger in less than a year its safe to assume that after more then a decade he would have gotten far stronger since then and it makes sense that he would have been able to do that earthquake feat

Yujiro was compared to natural disasters , which would likely include the more powerful ones thanks to the previous feats and statements

Nomi No Sukune the second was able to create vibrations similar to earthquakes by just practicing and not even trying to do them , they should be short vibrations similar to magnitude 7 earthquakes based on tokugawas reaction who would have been used to magnitude 6 and 6.5 earthquakes , so if Nomi was actually trying to cause an earthquake , he would have been able to do it , likely including the power of the total seismic energy of one as well

conclusion , all top tiers should scale to those feats and statements , which would make all of them at least large mountain level and likely island level , likely higher with how much stronger yujiro likely was from when he did that earthquake feat ( he did it before the timeskip in baki part 1 which was 4 years before the post timeskip era )

These were all the feats and statements i could remember , i'm only really doing this to get my opinion out their so i wont reply as much as before , have a good day

Last edited:

at the beginning is nomi causing tremors that tokugawa thought were eartquakes , it also shows how h was distressed even though he should be used to magnitude 6.5 earthquakes
https://************.com/chapter/grappler_baki/chapter_167
the chapter were yujiro stopped and earthquake , it was called big by people who should be used to magnitude 6 and 6.5 earthquakes

this is the anime version and Strydum says that its likely he has stopped far more then just earthquakes
we all know that yujiro defeated the usa , the reason why i'm saying he superior to the tsar bomb is because when yujiro was in his teens to at most very early 20s he was fighting in the late periods of the vietnam war , which is were he was decided to be superior to the us , while the tsar bomb was created during mid vietnam times when yujiro was still fighting , so they would have had the tsar bomb and yujiro was still considered superior
i cant find the statement were h is compared to natural disasters , but thats still a lot of things

I don't remember demon back having a official multiplier but it is one hell of a buff so I don't doubt it being that high.

Everything else looks good, hopefully this goes through

So your point is that the characters always experience 6 to 6.5 magnitude earthquakes all the time in japan, but the earthquake that yuijiro stopped was an especially powerful one so it would scale higher? I see that makes sense but why do they scale to the full seismic activity?

So your point is that the characters always experience 6 to 6.5 magnitude earthquakes all the time in japan, but the earthquake that yuijiro stopped was an especially powerful one so it would scale higher? I see that makes sense but why do they scale to the full seismic activity?
It's mainly due to the fact that he completely stopped the earthquake in its entirety , their was nothing left of it , plus characters like strydum saying that it looks like he has stopped more then just earthquakes before , so it boils down to him equiling the power of the earthquake in its entirety and characters saying that he is even superior to entire earthquakes , sorry if I do not respond fast enough

I don't remember demon back having a official multiplier but it is one hell of a buff so I don't doubt it being that high.

Everything else looks good, hopefully this goes through
Using the one punch multiplier on this site we can assume that the inomplete demon back is at least a 7.5 multiplier and the complete demon back is at least a 10 times multiplier ( kaku kaioh was not that scared to take a hit from an incomplete demon back yujiro but knew the only way to survive yujiro on his complete demon back was to die )

reason why i'm saying he superior to the tsar bomb is because when yujiro was in his teens to at most very early 20s he was fighting in the late periods of the vietnam war , which is were he was decided to be superior to the us , while the tsar bomb was created during mid vietnam times when yujiro was still fighting , so they would have had the tsar bomb and yujiro was still considered superior
That is like, the flimsiest of reasonings right there.

Also everything is unsourced and your link to the website was autoblocked due to piracy.

That is like, the flimsiest of reasonings right there.

Also everything is unsourced and your link to the website was autoblocked due to piracy.
Fair enough , but it is still a fact that yujiro when he was infinitely weaker was considered superior to the us ,which would have had the tsar bomb

Two YouTube videos aren't sources and neither is the broken link. A source is just listing what chapter the statements come from.

Also the US never had the Tsar. The Tsar was a Soviet experimental weapon.

Two YouTube videos aren't sources and neither is the broken link. A source is just listing what chapter the statements come from.

Also the US never had the Tsar. The Tsar was a Soviet experimental weapon.
The chapter where yujiro stops the earthquake is chapter 167 and the anime plays out the earth vents identically
I can't exactly remember what chapter is Nomi no sukune creating earthquakes , I remember it's before chapter 19 , and the video shows those events at the begining , I was wrong about the tsar bomb being what yujiro should be considered above at 16 , it was the b53 that was created at the time I mentioned , since yujiro still scaled above it at the age of sixteen the earthquake feat which he did in his mid to late thirties is not beyond reasoning considering how much stronger he gets incredibly quickly

So far it's it's two in favour and two that were here to criticize the way I formatted my crt rather then debunking my evidence

This has been discussed so many times it’s getting old. Outliers come with any series, Baki is no exception.

This has been discussed so many times it’s getting old. Outliers come with any series, Baki is no exception.
And how are they outliers when not only are earthquake feats and statements consistent but even with just simple logic it makes sense
Yujiro when sixteen in base already above 1 megaton , yujiro in less then year became stronger then previous demon back self , yujiro become very strong very quickly , part 1 takes place decades after yujiro defeated us
Nomi has an earthquake feat which he caused accidentally
Baki has earthquake feat which he caused accidentally
Yujiro has an earthquake feat
Consistent and logical

Yujiro when sixteen in base already above 1 megaton , yujiro in less then year became stronger then previous demon back self , yujiro become very strong very quickly , part 1 takes place decades after yujiro defeated us
Defeating the US or being stronger than military forces does not mean you scale above nuclear weapons without a direct 1:1 statement.

Defeating the US or being stronger than military forces does not mean you scale above nuclear weapons without a direct 1:1 statement.
How when the us has the bomb but yujiro was still considered superior , yujiro was stated to have defeated the us as a whole , not just the military forces that were in Vietnam , but the entire us , which would have included the nukes

How when the us has the bomb but yujiro was still considered superio
Because a 8-B character with supersonic speed can demolish an army of 10-Bs with very little worry to their well being.

The earliest atomic bombs still dwarfs all convential weaponary, let alone hydrogen bombs. The only way to upscale from nukes is with a direct statement or by withstanding a nuke.

which would have included the
Do you have evidence that the US nuked themselves?

Because a 8-B character with supersonic speed can demolish an army of 10-Bs with very little worry to their well being.

The earliest atomic bombs still dwarfs all convential weaponary, let alone hydrogen bombs. The only way to upscale from nukes is with a direct statement or by withstanding a nuke.

Do you have evidence that the US nuked themselves?
Fine I'll give you this one even though I disagree , still doesn't change any of my other points

Score as of right now is
Two in favour
One that seems to be not in favour but hasn't replied after further communication
Two that were here to criticize my formatting
So far most seem in favour of this upgrade

Well I see the logic in using magnitude 6 or 6.5 earthquakes but I don't know about scaling yuijiro to the full seismic activity, maybe we need to ask a calculator for that.

Well I see the logic in using magnitude 6 or 6.5 earthquakes but I don't know about scaling yuijiro to the full seismic activity, maybe we need to ask a calculator for that.
In the earthquake calculations page that to cause an earthquake you have to have energy equal to the total seismic moment energy , so yujiro stopping pretty easily , it should be comparable to creating one

In the earthquake calculations page that to cause an earthquake you have to have energy equal to the total seismic moment energy , so yujiro stopping pretty easily , it should be comparable to creating one
Creating an earthquake of a certain magnitude doesn't make you scale to said magnitudes full seismic activity. that on the earthquake page I'm pretty sure.

Creating an earthquake of a certain magnitude doesn't make you scale to said magnitudes full seismic activity. that on the earthquake page I'm pretty sure.
I can't find that anywhere on either the earthquake or earthquake calcs page , I used the calculator they link in the earthquake page and saw how many joules a magnitude 7 earthquake was , and the seismic energy in waves radiated from earthquake source ( which yujiro would have had to nulify to stop the earthquake completely I'm assuming ) was already almost five teratons

Earthquakes are typically long and have lingering aftershocks which wasn't present with the Yujiro feat, also it was so long ago in the series now that Yujiro has gotten exceptionally powerful since then. That is kinda the whole gimmick with Yujiro, he supposed to be so unbelievably stronger than everyone else at the time (and kinda still is). He's considered the end boss like Akuma from Street Fighter but it just ends up as alot of hype. I don't look too deep into the statements in Baki, at least for Yujiro, especially because the whole plot is written in a way that hypes everyone up. It can be important but it's too broad to be taken literally.

Although, Granddad has proven to take militaristic weaponry before but he's in another league his own

I can't find that anywhere on either the earthquake or earthquake calcs page
Unless you have hard evidence that they effected tectonic plates then we use radiated waves. The Earthquake feats page makes that very straightforward.

Sorry that was a little outdated , yes I found that if they create earthquakes then its scales to the radiated waves

I would agree that the earthquake feat was an outlier , if their was actually something contradicting it , but all the feat that are performed by characters comparable to yujiro that are weaker then the earthquake feat are done pretty easily , pickle taking on dinosaurs , as we saw in his hunt for that massive crocodile he can do something like that pretty easily , not to mention that Baki animals can be a lot stronger then regular animals , things like that massive alligator , yasha ape and that Hanma animals prove that , so even if he did have trouble theirs nothing removing the possibility that it was because they were stronger then normal , every other feat that is weaker then the earthquake feat but still performed by people as strong as yujiro are done casually , that was just one example , so it doesn't automatically mean it's an outlier
But as fluffy creature z said we really need a calculator , I'll just lay down the basis s if anyone is up for it
Yujiro stopped a magnitude seven to magnitude eight earthquake that had lasted ( in the anime ) twelve seconds , it seems like he was in the epicenter since their was extremely violent shaking

Let's just go with the low-end and say it's magnitude seven , the earthquake lasted around twelve seconds if we assume the anime time is correct , yujiro stopped it completely within one second of punching the ground ( assuming anime time is correct again ) , after he did that he not only stopped the violent shaking , its fair to assume that he stopped the after shock and everything else that an earthquake causes after the main part finishes ( since they were not shown to have happened after he did his punch ) , it's also fair to assume that like a normal earthquake the main affected areas were at least a few miles , I believe that it can even be up to thirty or more , he stopped all of that from the epicenter onwards with a normal punch without his demon back pre time skip part 1 Baki , I don't know how to calc it and no one else here does so can anyone do so that would really help

Back