• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baki Powers and Abilities CRT

Alright everyone, it’s another Baki CRT, and this one’s about Powers and Abilities. To address minor changes and removals to some of the profiles, some changes and removals to any character’s profile. I have listed some from particularly Baki and Yujiro, but I’m sure their are other profiles that either need links fixed, need corrections, need removals, and/or need other organization changes. For any similar changes or removals, please mention those first and we can get this stuff out of the way. After that, we can discuss major changes, additions, and removals.

Yujiro
  • Link Extreme Pain Tolerance (Yujiro resisting Baki’s Benda)
  • Change Enhanced “Sixth” Senses to Extrasensory Perception and link description (Considering that most other verses with similar powers consider this EP, even Garouden, which shares a verse with Baki)
  • Add normal Enhanced Senses
  • Fix Analytical Prediction link
  • Fix link for Accelerated Development
  • Move Madness Manipulation above the “likely” section (The soldiers had no idea what happened and blacked out while they were mad)
  • Remove Pseudo Intangibility (It’s just Afterimage Creation)
  • Remove Enhanced Taste (Enhanced Senses includes Taste)
  • Move Stealth Mastery above the “likely” section (Snuck up on the highly trained elite combat soldier Gerry Strydum, can likely recreate Retsu’s sneak ability)
  • Move his resistance above the “likely” section
  • Add and link resistance to disease above “likely” (narrated as being immune to cancer, Baki believes him to be immune to AIDs)
  • Add and link longevity above “likely” (narrated as being stronger than age, Kaku believes he’ll be alive in 100 years)
  • Remove all listed techniques save for confirmed techniques
  • Create a “possibly knows” section for Notable Techniques and link Grappler Baki technique page under it

Baki
  • Fix Statistics Amplification link
  • Fix Analytical Prediction link
  • Fix Information Analysis link
  • Edit Baki’s keys for P&A (Separation for his keys)
  • Edit Body Control with links (escaping thumb cuffs, Cockroach Tackle, induces Hemostasis)
  • Find an ability for his mental images
  • Edit Power Mimicry with links (copied Aiki, Igari’s grapples, Cord Cut, Mach Punch, etc)
  • Edit Fear Manipulation with links (causes delinquents to fear him, causes class to be afraid, causes a storm of rats to avoid him without realizing it)
  • Link Danger Sense to Instinctive Reaction or Extrasensory Perception (users dodge attacks or are made aware of danger even without sensing it. Could also possibly be sensing danger itself and merely acting accordingly, but evidence suggests the former more).
  • Enhanced “Sixth” Sense to Extrasensory Perception (see Yujiro)
  • Discuss removing Yuichiro mention from Willpower Projection (due to his being dead and there being no proof that he can interact physically with the world, this seems to be more like an Astral Projection)
  • Remove Pseudo Intangibility (see Yujiro)
Any and all claims should be cited and or sourced. Furthermore, and I cannot stress this part enough, this is NOT the place to make any major changes to the P&A section, only minor changes and fixes. There will be a separate CRT soon to follow this that addresses major additions and any potential major removals. If anyone needs a link for something, please contact me, and I’ll do what I can to locate the link.

Last edited:

Yujiro​

1. Sure, but in Benda's case you should note that he achieves this resistance via his immense body control
2. Sure
3. Sure
6. I have some problems with Yujiro having that ability, mainly because its something that only happened once and because the soldiers were fodder, otherwise nothing would have happened to them. Actually, Yujiro has walked into some fodders before and those did not get madnesshaxed, so this ability is either A) extremely limited or B) it isnt an innate ability
7. Sure
8. Indeed
9. Seems fine
10. I feel like we could just add a tabber for his resistances, it should work better that way
11. Seems fine
12. Im not sure if being able to live up to 160 years is considered to be Longevity, since the page does not really give a baseline.
13 & 14. Yes

Baki​

6. Illusion Creation, I suppose. The type that can hit you
9. Could you link a scan for this one?
10. Sure
11. Yes, its just astral projection
12. Yes

Also, you should preferably add some scans to the OP. In my case, I could remember the majority of these feats, but you should still add for those who arent really familiar with the topic.

Last edited:
Endless covered everything I would have said as well. Yujiro’s madness manipulation has defiantly shown to be very limited. He more often than not tends to showcase very powerful fear manipulation instead. He still has it, but limited is good.

Okay. We should probably go by Oblivion's evaluation then.

I agree with Oblivion, but I do think living to 160 could be considered longevity considering the oldest recorded human age in real life is still 36+ years younger

Awesome, so just to clarify:
Tabber with resistances (pain resistance via body control), Madness Manipulation should be made limited or minor, and Baki’s shadowboxing should be included in his Illusion Creation?

And should I add scans to the OP now, or is this okay and I should just remember for the next CRT?

Awesome, so just to clarify:
Tabber with resistances (pain resistance via body control), Madness Manipulation should be made limited or minor, and Baki’s shadowboxing should be included in his Illusion Creation?
Yes
And should I add scans to the OP now, or is this okay and I should just remember for the next CRT?
I feel like this thread is pretty much concluded already (?), so its up to you at this point. Only thing Im gonna ask is the scan of the Danger Sense to decide if its enhanced senses, ESP or instinctive reactions since I dont remember the feat atm

Okay, I got the first example of DS I could think of, but Yujiro’s dodging of Kaku’s attack also applies

The reason I’d think it was more IR than EP is because both Baki and Yujiro look surprised, meaning it’s not as likely that they sensed it and dodged it. Baki even looks afraid, and Yujiro is looking right at the attack but is still surprised when he dodged it

Okay, all changes have been made. There may be some similar changes required for some other profiles as mentioned in the OP such as removing Pseudo Intangibility from other profiles, separating Enhanced Senses and Extrasensory Perception, etc, so I'll try to get to those when I can, but Baki and Yujiro's profiles have been corrected, and any changes I make to any other profiles regarding what was decided upon here, I will, of course, list the changes when making them. I think we are okay to close this if nobody else has anything to say or any kind of further imput.

Were you very careful to handle the editing structures properly, as described in the instruction page that I linked to?

Okay. Thank you.

Can some experienced member verify a bit, so we can close this thread afterwards?

Back