• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bad Idea #215: Diavolo vs. Composite Human

I'm going to wait for Jacky to clarify SBA a bit before voting.

Paul Frank said:
@pixel
He can skip 10 seconds at most yes but he can just skip immediately after
Diavolo never showed such feat (even when doing such would have helped him greatly cf. Diavolo pursuing Silver Chariot Requiem). The best spamming feats Diavolo is when he avoids Mista's bullets while chasing Silver Chariot R: https://********.org/chapter/24272/7

It spans 3 pages and:

1/ The lapse of time between two time erasures is clearly not zero second as he has enough time to cross a street (or more?) between each time erasure.

2/ He also never uses up his 10 sec in this clip. It's pretty obvious each of these time erasures only lasted a fraction of second and the total don't add up to 10 sec.

3/ I'm actually being very charitable here: the above statements are assuming he erased time each time we see him avoid bullets (3 times max). The problem is the number of times he "time-erases" is frankly up to interpretations: it's min 1 and max 3. For example the anime only used the time erasure visual and sound cues once (though, the sequence in the anime differs significantly from the manga).

All the spamming arguments often used in a lot of VSbasttle involving Diavolo are hanging on a thin thread. What he does spam consistently, however, in the final battle/ last chase (gang VS Diavolo VS SCR) is "forecast".

But even his precog has some caveats: despite spamming precog in the final chase, he gets surprised, makes mistake or simply lacks foresight at least 4 times. And we can couple that with the fact that when using epitaph we mostly see him looking at instants in the future (except during time erasure). The conclusion is that his 10 seconds precog is not "in one instant he watches 10 seconds worth of future", he is no Yhwach: there is no reason to believe that in 0.1 seconds he can watch a video that lasts much more than 0.1 seconds. So outside of time erasure, his precog is very limited.

I'm still undecided as to who wins this batle by the way.

Golfgan bascially sums up what I am thinking. Diavolo has never, ever abused his Time Skip in a way to literally remove any in-between period. Hell, it's rare that he even spams it enough to make himself nearly invincible; he only started doing that in the final fight, which he also ****** up multiple times. People act like he literally erases everything, when the entirety of Part 5 shows him erasing attacks here and there, but also failing to erase many other important things.

Technically CH already has some latent poison resistance, while Diavolo has none. CH cold just snort Sleeping Gas until their immune or something and then throw a crap ton of it at Diavolo. Like Gofgan and ThePixelKirby said, Diavolo's powers arn't nearly as effective as their said to be. Diavolo only used Time Erasure when he was about to die or when he wanted to kill his enemy quickly.

CH is quite literally the most intelligent person possible. They probably could invent a watch that automatically counts seconds so they can tell if time was erased without needing to lose blood. Heck, they could make a contact lenses that does that so they don't even need to worry about Diavolo putting blood in their face. Not to mention the Spidey-Suit would let CH dodge KC's attacks despite their invisibility. Stands still have a physical pretense, despite being invisible and intangible. See Jotaro vs Base DIO.

I believe that Diavolo would erase time if he saw his own death, since he's not stupid, but he wouldn't always see that. If he doesn't see himself falling asleep to CH's gas weapons, then he's just flat out of luck. Plus, if the gas is in his body already before he erases time, it will still work since it's technically a part of his body and the area where time isn't erased. Unless you want to tell me Diavolo can't breathe in erased time.

What do I gotta clarify?

What he can prepare vs what he can't.

One v One against an opponent he can hurt I'm giving it to Diavolo. There's a reason why he believes his stand to be invincible. Regardless of composite human's prep Epitaph fills him in on what is going to happen. Then he takes measures to make sure the prediction comes true in a favorable way.

Composite human gets Donuted.

I mean you could mayyyyyyybe make an argument for CH obtaining a stand arrow, since he has a whole YEAR of prep. Then using the stand he gets, maybe nae nae on KC?

OP says they "don't get access to a nuke or something crazy" and I'm gonna put stand arrow in the "something crazy" category.

What they can prepare is that they can get explosives or otherwise they just can't set them up on the battlefield prior to the fight. They can get stuff like flashbangs or other canisters like that as well. Basically just...standard stuff. As much as they can reasonably carry.

Shoukd I decrease starting distance? Would it make it more fair or would it just complicate things more? Or is it unnecessary

Yea, being able to use vehicles would make a bit more sense. So, he can't overload the battlefield with explosives, but he can get a war van and attempt to absolutely overload the battlefield with fire.

Back