• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baby Shark downgrade (Yes, really)

MistaClean

VS Battles
Image Helper
….God, what the hell am I doing with my life?

So Baby Shark Brooklyn is apparently 9-B for crashing himself into a wall.

However, this rating appears to be wanked as the "wall" he crashed into was a wooden one and according to the References for Common Feats page, destroying a wooden wall isn't 9-B. And before you make the argument that he should scale to real life sharks, Baby Shark from all accounts, is a very small shark.

This would downgrade Baby Shark Brooklyn to 9-C or something lower then that

I'm surprised I saw this, but I feel I should chime in:
There may be a case for Baby Shark having a key that may not only be more legitimate, but more powerful than the current profile.
Do you know who owns Baby Shark?
""Baby Shark" is a children's song featuring a family of sharks. Popular as a campfire song, it has taken off since 2016, when Pinkfong, a South Korean education company, turned it into a video that spread virally through social media, online video, and radio." - Baby Shark, Wikipedia
Pinkfong?
"Pinkfong (Korean: 핑크퐁) is the children's educational brand of SmartStudy, a South Korean educational entertainment company."

So SmartStudy owns Baby Shark. Did you know that in 2016, they made their first game? Which I've been playing for several months?
& about a month ago, they had an event focused on the rerelease of a rare species to be obtained? (Which I found insufferable, because I hate the species that is the focus of it.)

....In Monster Super League, Baby Shark is a Natural 3 Star, Light Attribute Astromon, who can battle, take hits, has a "Normal Skill" & an "Active Skill", & like any other Astromon, has 3 evolutionary stages, some backstory given with each, etcetera etcetera.

Ergo, Baby Shark, as it appears in Monster Super League might be able to given a profile; Even if he isn't power-scaled to other Astromons of the same 3 Star Grade, it might be able to get a calc. (It would have a low yield, since it's just launching a water bubble, but that's still a supernatural ability for one, as is healing.)

Sorry if anyone minds me bringing this up. & hopefully this is helpful, or at least interesting.

However, this rating appears to be wanked as the "wall" he crashed into was a wooden one and according to the References for Common Feats page, destroying a wooden wall isn't 9-B. And before you make the argument that he should scale to real life sharks, Baby Shark from all accounts, is a very small shark.
Wooden walls should logically be tougher than wall level wooden doors.

floridaman1.jpg

Mfw I found this thread

Considering how it's different enought from the source material, that version of Baby Shark should be indexable without issue.

Considering how it's different enought from the source material, that version of Baby Shark should be indexable without issue.
& is it acceptable under our crossover standards? I mean, aside from being distinct, it's not QUITE the exact same holder of the property as who runs the game? (Pinkfong owns Baby Shark, SmartStudy owns MSL & PinkFong.)

Wow, did no one even look at the feat when they made the profile? WHO THE **** EVEN THOUGHT GIVING HIM A PROFILE WAS A GOOD IDEA?

Baby Shark didn't even go through a wall, just a bunch of wooden planks.

Plus, the feat on the References for Common Feats page actually refers to punching through a fist-sized wooden wall that is 3/4 inches or 1.905 cm thick, not actually smashing an entire full-sized wall, for that you'd actually need to get a picture of the full wall to get its actual height and width. Not like it would matter since Baby Shark only smacked a bunch of planks, which I bet anyone with enough strength can do.

All in all, agree with the downgrade.

The planks don’t even break much, only a small part of the bottom is actually fragmented, while the rest is just knocked away.
Agreed with the downgrade. I wouldn’t be surprised if this feat were actually below 9-c.

Back