• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Baba VS Timmy Turner

You should know out of all people that Zach doesn't follow the same line of time or logic as us

So, Baba needs to approach Timmy and touch him to kill him or what? Idk how the character works but have some knowledge of his game.

He just needs to push a nearby word in order to law hax. These words should just be laying around in the battlefield.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
These words should just be laying around in the battlefield.
Why does this look as much as Standard Equipment as Smash characers having ramdom items laying around in the battlefield?

What are the most common ones/most common effects they do?

The fastest way would be just to power null Timmy's stuff, like preventing him from moving or disabling his ability to hurt Baba.

Well, Timmy could just wish being able to move again and being able to hurt Baba again, and so on unless the magic itself is null'd. If he doesn't get what Baba did at first he just has to ask "what happened?" and Cosmo & Wanda's clairvoyance with their wands would inform them.

Not only that but Timmy doesn't need to do things like move or hurt Baba, just wish to wipe his memory, wish him away, power null him or something like that. Wishing something to Baba even seems faster than Baba moving something to affect Timmy.

Am I wrong on something?

No he can't. If the MOVE option is removed he's basically just an object. And he _certainly_ can't wish his powers back after they've been taken away from him.

Also I'd like to argue further but again I have no idea what the hell he can do because Zach failed completely at giving a valid key

Saikou The Lewd King said:
he _certainly_ can't wish his powers back after they've been taken away from him.
If that happens, sure, if Baba just makes him unable to hurt him or do something in some way without fully taking all of his powers away then Timmy can deal with that. Define "basically just an object" as it kinda seems like they can still do things like breathe, all Cosmo & Wanda have to do is a slight movement of their wands to fix that, Timmy doesn't even have to command them.

The key for Timmy used here was accepted a while ago so I'm adding him that soon.

I have beaten the baba is you puzzle game, but I don't know much about Timmy.

Baba doesn't have a leading move but has a ton of options. How long it takes to execute one of those options basically depends of the position of text, so Baba will likely do what is most convenient first. It also seems like Baba will be able to see all of Timmy's properties simply by looking around, which can then influence his decision.

I don't see a lot of resistances on Timmy's profile, but even so, Baba can break those resistances. For instance, Timmy's fire resistance can be nulled by breaking the "Timmy IS NOT MELT" sentence and instead forming "Timmy IS MELT AND HOT". So it's more about his ability to come back from being slain or incapped by one of Baba's moves.

So can Timmy come back from being: possessed, transmuted into a rock, transmuted into baba, sleeped, erased, power nulled or melted? Worth noting that in the game, the melt property leaves nothing behind unless stated otherwise, so it's more like vaporisation or further. The other thing that's worth noting is that Baba doesn't need to keep reforming the rule to apply its effects, so if Timmy were to wake up without breaking the rule putting him to sleep, he would immediately fall asleep again, unless granted a resistance to sleep (which baba can then break, assuming absolutely everything exists as text).

The other thing Baba might do is take control of more things with the YOU text, so that simply destroying Baba's body isn't enough to actually stop him. If not stopped, Baba will be able to manipulate multiple rules at once and keep Timmy in check that way before eventually forming a huge elaborate set up that'll do terrifying things.

Baba has ways to target multiple things at once, (via GROUP, ALL and NOT+BABA) so he doesn't just have to target Timmy, he could target Timmy, the wands and the fairies all at once with the right words.

The way to beat Baba in my mind is to survive at least one of Baba's hax by coming back from it quickly enough, before Baba does anything else, then stopping Baba from manipulating any more text... Unless Timmy is fast and smart enough to stop Baba from doing anything right away, even though Baba's first move might be to break Timmy's properties.

I vote Baba for now.

"Baba doesn't need to keep reforming the rule to apply its effects"

This is actually something Fairy magic shares. This is not always the case, of course, but has been an important part of many episodes, to give one example there was a halloween special where Timmy wished everyone to become what they were wearing, repeatedly applying to everyone until Timmy undid his wish.

I don't think Cosmo & Wanda would be unable to directly heal Timmy from whatever Baba does to him but I will consider them not being able to do so a possibility. Even then, Fairy magic is extremely resourceful, Cosmo & Wanda could also just revert the sentence that Baba generated (possibly without even knowing that would heal Timmy), or make Timmy able to survive as vapor, ashes, etc.

Baba's options to target all foes at once can pretty much give him a win with anything, but as the same can be said about Timmy without needing to do such things, this becomes a clear advantage in survivability for Timmy.

Going over their Clairvoyance again, I'll also consider a possibility it instantly informing Cosmo & Wanda about the words around being connected to the laws of the universe. If that happens they would know to prevent Baba from doing something with them faster or poof the words away.

In any case, wishing something to win seems faster than moving something to win. Battle starts, Timmy wishes Baba to not remember anything/have his powers gone/freeze/etc.

How long does Clairvoyance take? Then how long would it take them to either inform Timmy or take action themselves? Because if it's really instant, he can learn about how Baba's law manip works then stop it from working before he sets up some form of "destroy everything" technique to target the fairies, their wands and Timmy at the same time. Or possess everything with ALL IS YOU, including possessing objects such as the wands.

It's probably a bad idea to poof away all of the words because then everything loses its properties. All Timmy needs to do if he can receive insta-clairvoyance knowledge is to wish away the YOU text, because unless Baba can set up an elaborate formation of moving things to do things while he's 'dead', Baba is completely useless without the YOU text.

If the clairvoyance is not instant (or they don't act right away on it), then maybe this might be a who shoots first match, or a match entirely dependent on whether Baba targets just Timmy or targets ALL. It's less about the potency of their magic and more about them being quick with their magic, for the slower they are, the more Baba can do to them.

Can they only do one wish at a time, or can they do several at once? Is there any way to gage how rapidly they can wish? Because with some set ups, Baba is not limited to doing one thing at a time.

It's unexplored, but their wands would vibrate or shine, Cosmo & Wanda would look at them, and instantly or quickly be aware of the situation. Again, this assuming the Clairvoyance would kick in. They can stop Baba by themselves with rather simple powers like TK or Status Effect Inducement, putting energy around Baba to stop him. I can also see them informing some of the situation to Timmy to have him command something about it, which could give Baba time to do something quickly, but this seems unlikely as Timmy already knows from the start that he has a foe he has to kill/incapacitate/bfr. Something that is surprisingly consistent about his character is to just wish his problems resolved in one wish and as soon as noticing them (unless specifically wanting to have fun/a fight with others).

Poofing away all of the words doesn't destroy them tho, it just teleports them somewhere, shouldn't they still have the range to not make everything loses its properties?

They either get it at the start, after Baba does something, or never. Any of them is a valid option.

For Timmy and in the practice, the effects of the wish depends on the sentence he used on it, he can use one at a time and have that one being something like "I wish everything was back to normal and nobody remembered any of this", in this and most fights, he's just going to wish something simple but effective, it should last like, 2 or 3 seconds.

It'll draw Baba's attention to the wands. Since he can know properties just by looking around at text, he'll likely transmute the wands into rocks first in order to interrupt the clairvoyance or interrupt moves following the clairvoyance if they don't act immediately on the clairvoyance. Properties are lost in transmutation, so if their properties normally transfer if they're transformed, they might not transfer in the case of baba's law manipulation. If we assume everything exists as text, he could also power null the wands and that would be even faster as breaking text is typically faster than forming text.

The thing about simply poofing them away is that baba has a way to teleport and if his range can reach them, he might be able to defeat them from very far away, or simply turn something near them into another Baba. In my mind, the text's range of effect varies because of reasons, ranging from having room-sized range to having galaxy-sized range under normal circumstances depending on what's in the room and what layer the rules are operating on. Kill/incap would lead to victory though.

For now, the match seems dependent on clairvoyance and Cosmo+Wanda taking action right away. Otherwise Baba has options.

Eh, that's kinda convenient, Fairies themselves are magic, why wouldn't their constant...everything draw his attention? Or their constant floating?

Timmy would still make a winning wish while Baba does that tho.

Why? Timmy doesn't need that wish something and incapacitate Baba. At what point did you even see Baba making text unpushable? Timmy's not going to stand still doing nothing meanwhile or before it, in that or in any case in which Baba does something specific for this match that he isn't instantly aware of and has at hand.

If he's swift enough to make a winning wish while/before baba does anything, including text breaks, then Timmy wins conclusively.

It would take 5 seconds at worst, but he could foolishly waste time teleporting near his opponent for pretty much no reason. So I think this isn't conclusive enough to be a stomp.

So Timmy's moves can vary and take up to 5 seconds while Baba's moves can vary based on board state.

5 seconds would allow baba to take 45 moves/steps and that's usually way more than enough for Baba to law hax several times, or set up a situation that then allows him to law hax a lot while being slightly harder to put down, but the fairies could take initiative and stun him as you said before.

Assuming the board state isn't inconvenient though, 1 second is generally plenty for Baba to law hax at least once, possibly multiple, possibly several times.

Should this be inconclusive then since it could come down to Timmy and fairies doing the right thing first by taking initiative and wishing quickly vs Baba's board state being inconsistent?

I didn't know it takes him him 1 second to do something, yeah this seems inconclusive.

Yeah, in one second, he can move 9 times relative to the text block's size. Which is often enough to push at least one rule into another rule to impose a law manip, or break a few rules to power null.

I vote Incon: Timmy's variation vs Baba's board state.

Bump? I could say more about Baba, but it amounts to "if he gets off his hax before Timmy, he wins" rather than having a way to law hax sooner.

Back