• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

http://imgur.com/6h1VTii

So from a nice Word of God statement, Toph was holding a mine that weighed 150,000,000 tons. It's unlikely this is a hyperbole, since the creator is literally trying to say that what Toph's doing in that scene is supposed to be the exact same thing as what the Hulk did.

So I had a great pal o' mine calc this because I'm shit at that.

Code:
The mine was stated to weigh 150,000,000,000 tons in the back of the book Convert that to kg * 9.8 Was a few meters high Roughly hundreds of kilotons
So Toph should be upgraded to town level and the rest of Team Avatar all scale to this as well (Except Sokka)

That is wayy above anything toph has ever done. If she was that strong she would have soloed the army in the last episode with ease and destroyed every firenation ship at once.

DontTalk said:
That calculation outputs force not energy.
Code:
150,000,000,000 tons = 1.36077711e14 kg 1.36077711e14 * 9.8 (earth's gravity is 9.8 m/s^2) = 1.33492234e15 4-5 meters high I think? 1.33492234e15 * 4 = 5.33968936e15 joules 1 joule = 2.39005736e-10 tons of tnt 2.39005736e-10 * 5.33968936e15 = 1276216.39 tons of TNT So 1.276 megatons of TNT equivalent Or large town/small city level

PancakeExterminator said:
That is wayy above anything toph has ever done. If she was that strong she would have soloed the army in the last episode with ease and destroyed every firenation ship at once.
Not really. Toph should be multi-city block level anyway, for fighting Bumi, who could chuck multiple small buildings easily

So she stopped debris from falling after the case already collapsed?

Can you show me the scene in question?

http://*********.com/Manga/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-The-Rift/Part-2-B?id=202884

Towards the end is where you'll find it

Well, I read the story for a bit and I didn´t find that weight anywhere mentioned in the story. It also would seem very unrealistic, as topf was barely holding up a small space above 5-20 meters underground, while the weight we talk about is that of a whole mountain.

The "if hulk can do it, then so can toph" statement should not be taken that seriously. It likely just refers to toph as well being able to keep earth from crushing her friends and lifting an incredible weight, not that she can literally lift or move around 150 billion tons.

It was in an author statement by the show's creator. He's literally trying to say that Toph replicated the Hulk's feat, otherwise it'd make no sense that he mentioned the weight of the mines.

It's not unrealistic because she held up an entire mine of iron.

He just mentioned it to say that it was a lot. It is in no way replicating exactly the same feat at all and it is unrealistic, because she was holding up the ceiling at most 20 meters underground while the mass we talk about here would be something like a 6000 meter high mountain.

It was an entire mine she held up. The size, while unknown, can be assumed to be pretty big because it was running under an entire area that was straight up described as a town.

It's most likely an outlier. Toph didn't do anything close to that before or later. It's 1000 times more powerful than the most powerful attack toph has ever done.

It's most likely an outlier. Toph didn't do anything close to that before or later. It's 1000 times more powerful than the most powerful attack toph has ever done.
It's not really an outlier. She's fought on par with Bumi, who can chuck multiple buildings without breaking a sweat. It's also still clearly below the Avatar in the Avatar State, so it still works in terms of lore as well.

HomestuckLover1 said:
It's not really an outlier. She's fought on par with Bumi, who can chuck multiple buildings without breaking a sweat. It's also still clearly below the Avatar in the Avatar State, so it still works in terms of lore as well.
Multiple buildings = Large Building level. Its still 10000 times below that feat.

It seems Legit Kyoshi is put at Island Level who's an extremely powerful avatar earthbender, Toph is not quite at that level but she should at least be Town-City being the strongest non-avatar earthbender ever in her prime

It wouldn't necessarily be an outlier imo, that's reserved for other stuff. Granted, this kind of thing only scales to their bending in ragards to both attack potency and durability, so if they can't react in time to use this bending defensively then it does them little good regarding getting blitzed.

Not sure if this applies but this sounds a lot like the " madara is =Nappa claim by kishi" will read the chapter and repost later

Back