• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Korra feat 21
So in the kyoshi novels 2 things happens
1- Iroh aint create lightning the villain of the novel did which almost kills her by hitting her spin and nearly snapping it in two and ofc she survives cuz shes kyoshi lol
2-The avatar before her its, kulak iirc he destroyed an island or more like sank it underwater? im gonna assuming he was trying to kill the face stealer since we dont have much info on him
3- My point can we finally use kyoshis island feat and not count it as an outiner anymore? cuz now we have 2 avatars that did it. And it was feared that an earth avatar would be strong at doing something like this.

i totally forgot to call ppl for this but long story short the avatar before kyoshi has an island feat and we now have 2 avatars that did that so we need a calc for this feat then we can possibly add it to tier?

Was Avatar Kyoshi's feat calculated? If so, her feat being an outlier or not should be discussed by knowledgeable members of this verse.

Since we don't know the size of the island that Avatar Kulak destroyed, I don't think there is a way to calculate this feat.

yes kyoshis island feat yield is accepted as island tier but iirc they didnt use it cuz outiner but due to kulak i dont think it is anymore and yes.. we need to find out the island i dont think it was stated which in her novel .. you can find her novel on her respect post if you google it tho

know what im about to sleep so heres my idea.. what if we just use the calc for kyoshi thats already here and edit them to island and use this picture as a ref on it? it would only scale to avatars/ spirits anyways

and it was pointed out an earth avatar is stronger when it comes to destroy land (obv)

understood but im kinda confuse , im not good at math but i find it odd to not count these as island tier plus kyoshi feat already got a calc on this site which is island 1- kyoshi split the tec plates i think and then pushed it 2- kaluk sank or destroy an island

This is probably an issue for knowledgeable members then, since they would know if the feats usable

I mean, if we accept this it would scale to all the Avatars after Kyoshi which means it would scale to Aang in the Avatar State and Korra. Although I think the Avatar State was severely nerfed for Korra tbh.

EmperorRorepme said:
I mean, if we accept this it would scale to all the Avatars after Kyoshi which means it would scale to Aang in the Avatar State and Korra. Although I think the Avatar State was severely nerfed for Korra tbh.
yes only avatars and certain spirits gets the scaling

Oh yeah, Aang already scales above the Island Calc. So there isn't anything to revise. Unless for the calc you believe the assumption of 1000 soldiers is better than 100.

he did raise the oceans to put out the fire after his fight with ozai but idk what tier that would be

a
Kyoshi island
d you gotta understand this is kyoshi island aka this is what she pushed back. theres no way this is town that calc is outdated and needs a redo with kaluks info

If the feat is calced at Large Town level then what exactly is the problem? Adult Avatar Aang and Korra are already City level at their highest ratings.

EmperorRorepme said:
Although I think the Avatar State was severely nerfed for Korra tbh.
Korra's Avatar state wasnt weakened in the sense that you think it was, she simply just cant gather knowledge from her past avatars. The power boost the Avatar State provides is exactly the same since it's just drawing power from Raava.

The Avatar State is the culmination of all the Avatars, their knowledge AND power which Raava embodies. We're shown each Avatar was destroyed by Unalaq within Raava. So Raava lost power. As the Avatars died, so did I

No, that was how the Avatar State used to be before Legend of Korra came. We are explicitly shown that Raava is the source of the Avatar States power, as shown when Avatar Wan and her first fused together.

Gathering knowledge from the past avatars is just a sub ability of the Avatar State thanks to their fusion, it has nothing to do with their strength.

No, each Avatar has their own energy and the energy combines with Ravaa. We explicitly see the first Avatar (who was just a normal Firebender) and Ravaa COMBINE their energies to form the Avatar, they both stated they could only defeat Vaatu when combined. Each Avatar is their own individual being with their own soul but with the Avatar State they channel all the energy of all the Avatars within one body, this wasn't contradicted at all in TLOK. We also explicitly see when Unalaq slaps around Vaatu that all the Avatars get destroyed WITHIN it and it writhes around in pain and then with all of them are taken it fizzles away.

Raava isn't the only source of energy, all the other avatars are and it isn't contradicted at all nor stated explicitly that it comes from Ravaa solely so TLA isn't contradicted.

AKM sama said:
If the feat is calced at Large Town level then what exactly is the problem? Adult Avatar Aang and Korra are already City level at their highest ratings.
im wondering due to kalyuk shouldnt they have island tier AP? thats my main point

>No, each Avatar has their own energy and the energy combines with Ravaa. We explicitly see the first Avatar (who was just a normal Firebender) and Ravaa COMBINE their energies to form the Avatar, they both stated they could only defeat Vaatu when combined.

Wan wasn't a normal firebender, he's been training his bending for an entire year before the 1st Harmonic Convergence. And yes, they fuse together to become the Avatar, but that doesn't change the fact that the Avatar States POWER drawns upon Raava's because SHE is what makes up the Avatar Spirit . Same thing with Vaatu and the Dark Avatar Spirit. That is my point.

The past lives do not give Avatars a boost in power, otherwise Wan wouldnt have stood a chance against Vaatu by being the 1st Avatar. They just give the additional ability to pass down their knowledge to the current Avatar incarnation because of their connection to Raava.

>Each Avatar is their own individual being with their own soul

Headcanon. The Avatar's dont have their own souls, its the same soul being reincarnated again and again within the Avatar cycle. And we all know what reincarnation is.

This is explicitly mentioned in the show, a glaring example being when Iroh called Korra and Wan the same person.

>We also explicitly see when Unalaq slaps around Vaatu that all the Avatars get destroyed WITHIN it and it writhes around in pai

No, Raava was not being harmed by the connections to the Past Avatars being destroyed. Korra was. Because her soul, as the souls of all the Avatars before her, are one and the same.

So no, Raava is the source of the Avatar States power.

AKM sama said:
Sinking =/= destroying and without calc and context, that's pretty hard to quantify.
understood but we do have a confirmation its an island which means the KE for kyoshis feat which is small island on here , shouldnt it be accepted now?

I think the low end was accepted because it made better sense and was considered mathematically more accurate.

well truth be told i still dont fully understand these calc things.. but from my POV i see 2 avatars with confirmed island feats so i assume that the AS has island tier AP , am i wrong?

if you guys can invite some others that would be great

1- Iroh aint create lightning the villain of the novel did

He never invented lightning bending in of itself, he invented how to redirect lightning.

As for the feat in of itself, like others said I don't think we have this as an outlier given Large Town level is a thing from the Kyoshi feat

Therefir said:
Since we don't know the size of the island that Avatar Kulak destroyed, I don't think there is a way to calculate this feat.
I agree.

AKM sama said:
I think the low end was accepted because it made better sense and was considered mathematically more accurate.
I agree; 6-C end doesn't look accepted.

Theglassman12 said:
1- Iroh aint create lightning the villain of the novel did

He never invented lightning bending in of itself, he invented how to redirect lightning.
I agree.

I agree that Kyoshi's feat was already calculated at High 7-C and seems to be more consistent.

1.3 Gigatons isn't Island level, it's Large Mountain level.

Anyways. The reason why the first Calculation yields what it yields it's because the Calc was mainly scaling the Island through a line of soldiers, and it was more reasonable to assume that the line was composed by a hundred guys standing besides each other rather than a thousand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back