• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, given the nature of Fate upgrades that are being discussed recently and a lot of the discussion being around cross-scaling throughout the Nasuverse, I find that this is something that needs to be discussed.

As it's been recently discussed on many of these threads, Saber (Fate/stay night)'s Noble Phantasm, Avalon, is being regarded as being legitimately 6D. However, there is no mention of this ability functioning in this way on Saber's profile in the durability section. To my memory, this was on the profile at some point, but it was removed. This is even more troubling when you consider the fact that Shirou Emiya has it in his profile correctly.

If this ability is accepted to be legitimate, it needs to be noted properly within Saber's profile as needed.

Secondly, Saber's Noble Phantasm being accepted as such I think creates some questions for how scaling is determined. I'm not necessarily for or against this conceptually, these are just some observations that I've made.

• Avalon the Noble Phantasm sends you to Avalon on the Reverse Side of the World
  • The Reverse Side of the World therefore contains 6D spaces.
  • While not necessarily existing in these higher dimensional spaces would result in an upgrade, there are characters that should be strong enough to affect this place. For example, Archetype Earth is capable of affecting the entire planet including that reverse side as being the full manifestation of the planet itself.
  • What does this mean for characters that can fully destroy or create planets that have this level of complexity to them? Do we have character capable of destroying or creating 6D spaces by virtue of the logic above? If so, how is this notated on the profile? Does this scale to AP, only hax, or not at all?
I think these are some important questions we need to have answered so our existing profiles as well as future ones have some consistency as well as having a better ideal of how scaling works in general with this fact in place.

Wasn't in the fact that Avalon nullified all interference from such things including communication up to the sixth dimension rather than sending Arturia to a 6D realm? That's why it isn't listed as durability

That's how i remember it was stated

Edit: Yeah it was

• It is a Noble Phantasm at the level of magic, that completely shuts out all physical interference, transliners from parallel worlds, and communication from other dimensions (up to the sixth).

Avalon shields you from all interference up to the 6th dimension by sealing you in the realm of fairies, Avalon. The same place Merlin lives in and the place Artoria will go when she dies.

It isn't on her profile because iirc she doesn't actually have it. Shirou does and before him it was Kerry and Iri

iirc, is there a statement about how the 6d self-BFR part only works for saber, and when a master has it (Shirou, and Kerry) when they are contracted to saber it only gives them regen?

Well Shirou is able to use it because he has a complete record of it due to it being inside him for several years. He can make a perfect reproduction of it, but Artoria has the legitimate one.

Doesn't she get it back from him in the Fate route of F/SN?

it seems to work differently for other people, other than Saber is what i was trying to get at. but it requires Sabers Mana to work.

Could that have been because Saber reached out to avalon? It was broke up into tiny fragments in his body hence the statemen "Shirou you were my sheath?" or something like that. so she activated avalon while it was still inside of shirou Lol Shirou was being used to hide sabers sword the entire time *wink*

Well the fact of the matter is, this was used to help support a lot of higher dimensional Nasuverse ratings. If this is somehow misunderstood, we have an issue that may affect other profiles.

Question, How was it used to justify a lot of other nasu verse stuff??? Imo it should be something that strictly only applies to Merlin and Saber.

He's referring to the 8d thread where one of the arguments against the 8d being real was that there weren't any other higher d things near that level in the verse when it was pointed out that Avalon is in fact 6d so the wall isn't the only higher d thing

The only difference of usage is that Arthuria only needs to have the sheath on her. Someone else that isn't here, however, needs some sort of connection to Arthuria. Shirou can't trace Avalon anymore after Arthuria leaves as his connection with her, and by extension the sheath, is completely gone, and the sheath does nothing for him if she's not close enough to provide any measure of Mana. That's it.

Back