• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RandomGuy2345

He/Him
Well, after a long while of searching, I've finally found a match for Austin Theory!

Austin Theory vs Little Mac

9-B Mac will be used here.

Speed will be equalized.

Fight takes place at Wrestlemania 38.

To spice things up a bit, the fight is for the United States Championship.

A-Town:
austin-theory.gif

Little Mac:
15754.gif

Inconclusive: 8 (Reaper, Random, Pika, DD, Popted, Noneless, Shmooply, Vizer)

Last edited:
Austin Theory: 191.1 Kilojoules, higher with Ataxia, ATL, and A-Town Down

Little Mac: 114
Kilojoules, higher with Star Uppercut and Giga Mac

Theory holds a ~1.7x AP difference.

Mac upscales a lot from the calc, as everyone trained, even Glass ****** Joe, trained and Gof stronger than the calc and Mac can harm Mr. Mother ******* Dreamland.

So not only is there a barely there AP gap, which Mac fights people with AP advantages on him like all the time, but Wrestlers have the issue of being flashy, they go for the big hits with flair and the like, just like Super Macho Man.

So yeah, Austin suffers from issues Mac has faced and beat to pound town before, and as Mac can just whittle him down with attacks, there's not much Austin can do unless he decides that holding onto Mac for all eternity can be done which Is pretty OOC for Wrestlers if I recall

So not only is there a barely there AP gap, which Mac fights people with AP advantages on him like all the time,
WWE wrestlers have fought with AP, Speed, Skill/Experience, and LS disadvantages on numerous occasions. You can say the same for Theory here.

but Wrestlers have the issue of being flashy, they go for the big hits with flair and the like, just like Super Macho Man.
Austin Theory doesn't have a very flashy move set. He'll occasionally bust out a flashy move, but he mainly focuses on utilizing his LS to overpower his opponents. Now if this was someone like Rey Mysterio, then you're point would make sense.

So yeah, Austin suffers from issues Mac has faced and beat to pound town before, and as Mac can just whittle him down with attacks, there's not much Austin can do unless he decides that holding onto Mac for all eternity can be done which Is pretty OOC for Wrestlers if I recall
Nah. WWE utilizes striking, grappling, and wrestling, so a hold is something Theory would 100% utilize here. If Theory were to put Mac in a wrestling hold, how is Mac escaping? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Theory hold a good LS advantage here?

Also, I'd like to know how skilled Mac is. I'll also try my best to show you how skilled Theory is as well.

If I only I knew...

Nah. WWE utilizes striking, grappling, and wrestling, so a hold is something Theory would 100% utilize here. If Theory were to put Mac in a wrestling hold, how is Mac escaping? Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Theory hold a good LS advantage here?
I think the point is he wouldn’t hold Mac indefinitely, though the exception to this is every submission manoeuvre ever, which would be easy incap wins for Theory if he ever went for one.

WWE wrestlers have fought with AP, Speed, Skill/Experience, and LS disadvantages on numerous occasions. You can say the same for Theory here.

Austin Theory doesn't have a very flashy move set. He'll occasionally bust out a flashy move, but he mainly focuses on utilizing his LS to overpower his opponents. Now if this was someone like Rey Mysterio, then you're point would make sense.

Also, I'd like to know how skilled Mac is. I'll also try my best to show you how skilled Theory is as well.

If I only I knew...
And has Austin Theory? Gotta remember his profile makes him out to be the god-tier of the verse.

Then Mac just dodges, his entire thing is dodging and striking, and unless you got some feat of Austin beating someone with a spotless record of skill then yeah, he's gonna be lower on in terms of boxing than Mac, especially since Austin is going to be fighting someone using a style he hasn't at all fought before.

And has Austin Theory? Gotta remember his profile makes him out to be the god-tier of the verse.

Then Mac just dodges, his entire thing is dodging and striking, and unless you got some feat of Austin beating someone with a spotless record of skill then yeah, he's gonna be lower on in terms of boxing than Mac, especially since Austin is going to be fighting someone using a style he hasn't at all fought before.
Yeah. Theory has fought Rey Mysterio, who's known for his extremely fast-paced offense. Theory has also fought Ricochet, who's arguably a bit faster than Rey, yet Theory beat him in less than 3 minutes.

I would like to mention that a wrestler would defeat a boxer more times than not. Wrestling is overall a better fighting style than boxing. Mac isn't going to dodge forever. Theory has fought wrestlers with fast-paced offense.

Also, I really recommend you show some skill feats for Mac. The skill gap might be a lot closer than you think.

Mac, especially since Austin is going to be fighting someone using a style he hasn't at all fought before.
This is a poor argument, Mac also has to deal with facing a whole new style of fighting, and it could be argued wrestling is more versatile, making it a harder hill for Mac to climb when compared to Theory

This is a poor argument, Mac also has to deal with facing a whole new style of fighting, and it could be argued wrestling is more versatile, making it a harder hill for Mac to climb when compared to Theory
Like, when Macho Man knocks Mac down, he steps back and the referee begins counting, he doesn’t climb up the ropes and go for a Frog Splash or Swanton Bomb while Mac is lying down...

Yeah. Theory has fought Rey Mysterio, who's known for his extremely fast-paced offense. Theory has also fought Ricochet, who's arguably a bit faster than Rey, yet Theory beat him in less than 3 minutes.

I would like to mention that a wrestler would defeat a boxer more times than not. Wrestling is overall a better fighting style than boxing. Mac isn't going to dodge forever. Theory has fought wrestlers with fast-paced offense.

Also, I really recommend you show some skill feats for Mac. The skill gap might be a lot closer than you think.
Offense and Little Mac don't belong in the same sentence, he dodges and strikes, like he's done with everyone else in the verse. And just being faster doesn't mean anything if you can't do anything to the guy.

Any good boxer aims for the throat and right under the sternum, mostly to wind the opponent, and let's just say, Mac is a boxer who's dodge-god'd everyone and beat them all.

"Little Mac has defeated X Boxer who has X record and can do X thing and has a stat advantage on him in all categories." Want me to take that list to every boxer ever in Punch Out?

Like, when Macho Man knocks Mac down, he steps back and the referee begins counting, he doesn’t climb up the ropes and go for a Frog Splash or Swanton Bomb while Mac is lying down...
Ever hear of the magical art of rolling?

If it was that easy then why have people like Finn Bálor had so much success with a finishing move from the top rope...
Because before they do those things they make sure the receiving party can't get out of the way, that or it's WWE being what it is and it's a finishing move which can't be avoided by the opposing Wrestler because "yes"

"Little Mac has defeated X Boxer who has X record and can do X thing and has a stat advantage on him in all categories." Want me to take that list to every boxer ever in Punch Out?
I mean WWE God Tiers have skill articles very similar to this, and Theory is, while a little inexperienced compared to them, not madly behind them in skill. He’s still probably in the lower-mid areas of Peak Human skill, I somehow doubt Mac breaches into Superhuman skill, which is what he’d need to do to have a massively significant, tide of the match changing advantage

I mean WWE God Tiers have skill articles very similar to this, and Theory is, while a little inexperienced compared to them, not madly behind them in skill. He’s still probably in the lower-mid areas of Peak Human skill, I somehow doubt Mac breaches into Superhuman skill, which is what he’d need to do to have a massively significant, tide of the match changing advantage
On the level of Mr. Sandman who completely and utterly washed every other fighter in the verse before going up against Mac?

Because before they do those things they make sure the receiving party can't get out of the way
No, they don’t

that or it's WWE being what it is and it's a finishing move which can't be avoided by the opposing Wrestler because "yes
Maybe, just maybe, there is a teeny tiny possibility a Superstar and thus equivocally Mac can be simply unable physically to get out of the way? You can win boxing matches in Punch Out by keeping your opponent down for 10 seconds, there’s opponents Mac has faced that can do that in a small handful of hits, why can’t Theory replicate this?

Also, “WWE being WWE lol” is not a valid argument in a versus match

On the level of Mr. Sandman who completely and utterly washed every other fighter in the verse before going up against Mac?
I'm eating dinner real quick, but I'll post Theory's skill article after.

Also, there was a WWE wrestler who was undefeated for 15 straight years.

There's someone who was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

Another wrestler who was named the greatest pure striker in sports entertainment.

Haven’t you argued in other threads Mr. Sandman can have Mac down in a few punches? Where’s the evidence he won his previous matches on skill predominantly, rather than just making up for it through overwhelming strength.

No, they don’t

Maybe, just maybe, there is a teeny tiny possibility a Superstar and thus equivocally Mac can be simply unable physically to get out of the way? You can win boxing matches in Punch Out by keeping your opponent down for 10 seconds, there’s opponents Mac has faced that can do that in a small handful of hits, why can’t Theory replicate this?

Also, “WWE being WWE lol” is not a valid argument in a versus match
And why would this happen to someone who is close to Austin in AP and is known for dodging a L O T?

And WWE is about being entertaining, if something flashy like a rope jump can be pulled off and be entertaining, by damn well it'll hit.
Haven’t you argued in other threads Mr. Sandman can have Mac down in a few punches? Where’s the evidence he won his previous matches on skill predominantly, rather than just making up for it through overwhelming strength.
because the dudes Sandman fought all have AP advantages on Mac, and as such he'd require skill to actually take them down.

Also when have I argued for Sandman in a thread again?
I'm eating dinner real quick, but I'll post Theory's skill article after.

Also, there was a WWE wrestler who was undefeated for 15 straight years.

There's someone who was named the greatest shoot wrestler ever.

Another wrestler who was named the greatest pure striker in sports entertainment.
And what kind of skill did they face?

And, for the future, I will only debate one of you, so I'll either ignore one of ya or just ghost the thread and leave you bumping. My choice.

because the dudes Sandman fought all have AP advantages on Mac, and as such he'd require skill to actually take them down.
If Sandman can put Mac down for the count in a few punches, then even those with AP advantages over Mac fall well short of his power, enough to null any potential skill advantages

And why would this happen to someone who is close to Austin in AP and is known for dodging a L O T?
Austin faces people comparable in AP to him all the time, and most wrestling moves have ridiculously high AOE compared to regular punches
And WWE is about being entertaining, if something flashy like a rope jump can be pulled off and be entertaining, by damn well it'll hit.
”well the moves only hit in-verse because the script demands an entertaining flashy move so in an actual scenario it would never work 🤓

If Sandman can put Mac down for the count in a few punches, then even those with AP advantages over Mac fall well short of his power, enough to null any potential skill advantages
Mac=/=literally every other boxer in Punch Out for durability. Don't argue it..

And... what's this? Multiposting and being a dick? Ha! Guess I know who I won't be quoting for the rest of the thread!

Mac=/=literally every other boxer in Punch Out for durability. Don't argue it..

And... what's this? Multiposting and being a dick? Ha! Guess I know who I won't be quoting for the rest of the thread!
In what way am I being a dick...

sorry about multiposting it’s a bad habit of mine, should really sort myself out and start thinking about not trying to do that...

also you yourself are being a bit of an ass by laughing about how you’re going to ignore me for the rest of the thread openly because you have a few minor issues with me that amount to very little and aren’t anywhere near enough to justify a boycott of my arguments.

You made a poor argument that revolved around long debunked misconceptions and stigma about the verse, I had a right to be frustrated and I think expressing that through a haha funny emoji that is very rarely actually used with the malicious intent to insult was fair. Apologies if it offended you though

Then debunk it, I'm not in the mood for bullshit today. Especially since that particular emoji is pretty well known to be a mocking one even if I'm not offended, it's still being a dick, you may debate with someone else who comes to this thread however.

Then debunk it, I'm not in the mood for bullshit today
I don’t have to debunk “The move only connects because the script demands something exciting”, you wouldn’t try an argument like that for any other verse.

Especially since that particular emoji is pretty well known to be a mocking one even if I'm not offended, it's still being a dick
It’s a very tame joke at the minimal expense of a poor argument that shouldn’t have been made, it’s a jibe, not an insult. Even ignoring my justifications for using it, if I used it completely unprovoked for a sound and reasonable argument, I’m being a bit annoying, not a “dick”. I still don’t get why you feel the need to boycott my arguments

Back