• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Austin Powers: A Groovy Showdown

Christian_Higdon

Joke Battles
Thread Moderator
Both are in-character.

Battle is in the sewers.

Who wins?

Top-Secret Agent: 1

The Chosen One: 2

Tie: 0

I think I'm gonna give this to Austin cause of Hypnosis. Ash doesn't seem to have any kind of mental resistance on his profile, and both of them are pretty equal physically. I don't think Austin's ever used it in battle, but after a rather fruitless battle I don't see any reason why he wouldn't. He could also possibly outsmart Ash in some way considering he's a secret agent and that would be more likely then Hypnosis.

Yeah, Ash usually has bad time when demons start mind play whit him, but he can became very inventive in fight so i can tell for sure that mere hypnosis won't work on him. So, can tell that Ash should take it via decades experience of close combatant fight, with middle-difficult.

Arekusuripa said:
Yeah, Ash usually has bad time when demons start mind play whit him, but he can became very inventive in fight so i can tell for sure that mere hypnosis won't work on him. So, can tell that Ash should take it via decades experience of close combatant fight, with middle-difficult.
He needs to have actual mental resistance to not be effected, not just be inventive in a fight. The above just proves that Hypnosis would be even more effective.

Well, then my vote for Austin for my own reason - Ash really don't have good resistance and can break through it effect only by some time (1-2 minute at maximum).

I'll vote for Ash here. Both have Wall Level strength, but Ash is labeled to have higher with his Mechanical Gauntlet, which is often attatched to his hand. So, Ash should have the strength advantage even if by merely a hand. In terms of combat, I believe Ash is more competent, since he often suceeds in fights against demons. Austin seems to know Judo... sort of. He just judo chops things usually. Austin doesn't get into many fights honestly. His best fight was against Fat Bastard, which was impressive in it's own right, but wasn't as impressive as most of the times Ash has thought deadites. Austin's hypnosis sounds good, but that's only gonna work if Austin removes his glasses and looks Ash right in the eyes. Considering how much Ash doesn't trust people, he probably won't listen if Austin asks him to look into his eyes. In terms of weaponry, Ash dominates. Boomstick beats Pistol, and the Necronomicon has haxy stuff. In terms of intelligence, Austin may have experience as a spy... but he's way more bumbling than Ash. In future instalments, Ash proves that he's grown to be much more intelligent, and less prone to tricks. Austin however never seems to change from his fairly idiotic self. (He drank shit unknowingly, he fell for Mini-Me pretending to make peace with him.) so it's more likely Ash will be tricking Austin first. Overall, I say Ash should take it.

Ash via being a good shot versus Austin sometimes being comically inaccurate at aiming. Austin's hypnotism skills shouldn't be applicable because he doesn't use them in combat.

Otherwise this is a battle I could see going either way.

It isn't quite as simple as eye contact, Austin also has to take off his glasses. He can't just look at Ash mid fight and control him. Plus, he also seems to require moving around his eyebrows. It'd be too difficult and inpractacle for him to do mid fight, and Ash would probably be quicker to punch Austin in the face before he can manage the mind control.

Back