• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realized something.

We have blatantly ignored the Didact's Promethean summons. All of whom can disentigrate this guy in an instant with... pretty much anything

Gargoyle One said:
KarmodF said:
So... you are telling me that the Didact, a Forerunner that hates humans isnt going to one-shot a human
Yeah
Chief is infamous for his luck. Hell, it's a meme in the Halo community.

The only reason Chief survived any of his encounters with the Didact was blatant PIS or Cortana saving him.

Seriously stop spamming the Chief scene, we have said that is obvious CIS, even the comics written by the same guy are heavily inconsitent with that scene, Didact just needs to look at him, as simple as that.

Btw there is no Intangibility in Aureolus' profile, let alone Spatial Intangibility.

Gargoyle One said:
Do Not attack me is spatial intangibility.
And? How long does that last? Izzard's profile states he requires immense mental concentration to use his powers. So can he attack and defend simultaneously at the same time? Iirc that video only showed him using one power at a time.

The Composer ionizes bodies and then gathers memories, it never really says anything about souls; but digress. Souls could be involved, but those aren't souls that move freely like ghosts are. Still, that's Immaterial intangibility not spatial intangibility. Spatial Intangibility is where someone is intangible due to technically being in another realm or existing between two more more universes where you'd have to either merge the universes together or have Low Multiversal range.

Izzard has Spatial Manipulation on his profile, which it's possible to make himself intangible using that. Also, his profile says he can think it, but we'd need a CR if he has to speak it. Anyway, Izzard simply saying "Die" and it causes soul destruction according to the notable techniques section. Also, there wasn't a counter to Attack Reflection. Saying Die is faster than moving someone with telekinesis to make them rise and fall or throw them.

Anyway, don't know much about To Aru, but Gargoyle does.

Essence are the closes things to souls, wich is pretty much Non-existance beings like souls, the Composer can still drag them to the Abyss to put them to use, even Gargoyle understood it as a counter to his intagibility, even if he has some.

Still has no mention of Intangibility on his profile, scans are needed, Didact doesnt even need TK, he just sees Izzard and he dies, as simple as that, no mercy, instantly, even opening his mouth wouldnt do anything since Didact can consistently kill him by looking as him, not to mention that since his Dura. is massively below 8-A/Low 7-C, so Didact can literally break his neck accidentaly by just activating TK, even sealing his mouth with the TK's sheer force, not to mention that since Izzard looks like a Human Didact would definitley kill him as fast as possible while Izzard needs consentration.

Anything that the Didact does is tought base and instant, Izzard needs to open his mouth wich Didact can also counter.

In conclusion Didact moving his eyes>Izzard talking.

It does say in Izzard's profile, Anything he imagines becomes Reality.

Where does that even come from, killing people just by seeing them? Didact doesn't lead with that in character. Also, Didact really isn't that creative with his telekinesis. Forcing mouth shut as if he knows about Ars Magna; which he doesn't. Breaking his neck, yes, but he'd have to reach him first. Izzard has some pretty broken illusion skills too; Didact would likely just kill one of his dummy's first. I could also argue that opening portals, using telekinesis, ect require concentration. Every mental or complicated task requires concentration. Also, Izzard is very smart and does concentrate.

Additionally, this feels like a repeat of this thread, only Izzard needs to say "Die" once instead of 5 times.

Not to mention Izzard is technically faster due to time manipulation.

No, having one ability doesnt mean you have all of its variations, thats like saying everybody with Vector Manipulation can have as much power as Accelerator's control over it.

Kill by seeing them? Well it comes from his only 8-A feat and is 999% In-character to use it, he doesnt need to be creative or anything like that because he can ohk by just looking at him, wich, again, is 100% In-character mostly considering that Izzard is a human, Didact's most ancient rivals.

The problem is that Izzard isnt even gonna said "die" once because his ass would be already Ionize before he can open his mouth.

I acutally read his profile and his feats are show him talking, not tought base and even then Didact is waaaay faster even considering him like that.

Also, yes, its said that Ars Magna is tought based but Izzard needs to inpale his neck with needles and to exprase it verbally for him to work due to the concentration required.

The latter is actually wrong.

Lizzard doesn't need to implant the needles to use it, he needs them to keep his mental concentration, which won't happen here as unlike Touma he won't be suffering a mental breakdown.

So its tought or vocal based? Also what do you mean is that he isnt gonna need his mental concentration?

Thought based, Lizzard was actually lying to make sure Touma and Styil assumed he could do it through words not thoughts, upon realizing he did, Touma made him cut off his right arm, making Lizzard lose his concentration

I would say that Didact still has better way to kill him (Looking at him>Thinking) but I would like to see your opinion on the battle since you are the To Aru supporter here.

I'm really not, I know Kakine and Lizzard well and not much else, I know a decent bit of Accelerator and not much about Fiamma.

Still this goes anywhere from Inconclusive or Lizzard IMO.

I might switch to inconclusive if more arguments are made.

LazyHunter is the primary To Aru supporter iirc. LAS isn't here to debate; still kinda miss him, but he's banned for a good reason. I think Knight and Yomi are also supporters, so maybe you might ask them.

LordAizenSama.

Also, I found another detail. Didact looking at targets doesn't just automatically ionize them; especially without his thoughts. Didact also needs to use concentration to manipulate the body and transfer heat from point A to point B. Then both have tens of meters to dozens of meters as their range. So I'll lowball and assume 10 meters is their distance. With speed equalization both characters have Peak human speed in all categories; movement and combat. Izzard's though would be 0.102 seconds according to the Reactions page, while Didact's speed of 9.8 m/s would take 1.02040816327 seconds to ionize Izzard. That's plenty of time for Izzard to think/say, "Do Not Attack Me!" or "Die!"

DarkDragonMedeus said:
LordAizenSama.

Didact also needs to use concentration to manipulate the body and transfer heat from point A to point B.
Can I see were did you get that? Because most if not all Forerunner tech. is tought based wich can be used as an automatic attack (Not to mention that Izzard needs to think the words, while Didact literally just sees him, instantaniously), not to mention that Didact literally turned his head and instantly Ionized the barricade were Chief was cover, not to mention that even Ionizing any part of Izzard would break his concentration and give him enough pain to pass out, not to mention that Didact can just Ionize the complete body and not just one part of it.

He was able to do it with Supersonic reactions yes, but speed is equalized. Also, assuming everything Didact does is instantaneous is Classic NLF. The cutscene has it were it took 5 seconds to ionize the barrier. Also, it's just common sense, every ability requires some form of concentration. Didact doesn't just ionize everywall he sees accidently. But the context I just heard implies just that.

Both are already seeing each other via SBA, so it would take faaar less for the Didact to just kill Izzard with a blink or something, and yes it took some seconds, but the barrier is bigger than Izzard, wich means that a body like Izzard (199 cm) would Ionize quicker than the barrier (Scaled around 1100 cm long), he can Ionize his entire torso and neck much faster than Izzard saying die or using any command.

Also why if Ur's speed is also Peak Human you give him a difference of more than the double if both are tought based (Based on the reactions page, wich I guess is the one used universally for any tought based attack)? and you didnt respond the first. question, where did you get that it was heat transfer instead of Ionization wich is the actual value.

I think I am going to sleep rn so I hope VersusJunkie takes the Baton while I am offline.

Because Didact uses heat to cause ionization. That's what ionization means is heating up an object until it becomes plasma. Fire can ionize metals in which we see sparks when black smiths heat up a hunk of metal and than hammer it.

Because speed equalization equalizes both character's speed to the low end; combat, reaction, attack, movement, ect. Izzard is the slower of the two naturally, so his speed is the new speed for both characters. The alternative is to make them both Mach 1.25 which makes it faster, but doesn't change the multiplier. Also, Didact was talking for like 10-15 seconds before he ionized the barrier in 5 seconds. Still, it takes longer to think one word then it does to think about someone's body temperature boiling, or molecules separating, ect.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
LordAizenSama.
Also, I found another detail. Didact looking at targets doesn't just automatically ionize them; especially without his thoughts. Didact also needs to use concentration to manipulate the body and transfer heat from point A to point B. Then both have tens of meters to dozens of meters as their range. So I'll lowball and assume 10 meters is their distance.
Where did this come from? Can you prove that this requires mental concentration of the such? There's nothing in the ionization scene indicating this.

It's just common sense, anything using telepathy or telekinesis requires some form of focus. He doesn't just ionize solid object he sees. There are things he looked at before but doesn't ionize instantanly. Absolutely nothing suggests Didact having some kind of Ultra Instinct.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
It's just common sense, anything using telepathy or telekinesis requires some form of focus. He doesn't just ionize solid object he sees. There are things he looked at before but doesn't ionize instantanly. Absolutely nothing suggests Didact having some kind of Ultra Instinct.
Oh, I thought you were trying to say he needed like an extreme level of concentration to attack and use Telekenesis.

But it is worth noting that most of the Didact's abilities are owed to his armor. Not his organic body really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back