• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack on Titan AP upgrade

I love this explanation.
"I made a thing".

Regardless, it's a good find. It looks fine to implement
I'd like to say the same thing, except...

he used relativistic KE for 227 miles per hour worth of speed. Like, why tho

Again theres literally an ongoing thread that is upgrading the vrse to 8-A and anothr for High 8-C

I do trust KLOL for these kind of things + has a Calc group member approved the calculation yet?

That multiplier is unreliable as hell, it not only straights downplays the 15 meters to 9-B.

But if we apply it to the lifting strength of a average human, Eren's Titan (who is the one being used as an example) would only come out as only Class 10-25, which is bullshit considering the massive boulder he lifted and carried over his head that is at least Class M, 20,000/12,000 times the strength.

I do rather not that part of the guide, if you want to upgrade them to 8-C, there are better things you could calculate.

You can't apply this superhuman stats of Reiner to every single average human in AOT. It also relies of the kinetic energy by moving at 100 meters per second with the ODM gear, something that, obviously, not the average individual can punch.

Neither Reiner nor any of the other ODM user actually use this KE to come crashing at their enemies, they fly and slices up opponents while avoiding obstacles, because otherwise they would splatter at those speeds. You also don't need a durability proportional to your KE to survive just moving at that velocity.

The guide also compares the multiplied energy to being shot 28 times, I don't know if those are guns shot, but the fact that it's best comparison was to "blow away a persons head or limb" kinda of defeats any posibility of building level.

You can't apply this superhuman stats of Reiner to every single average human in AOT. It also relies of the kinetic energy by moving at 100 meters per second with the ODM gear, something that, obviously, not the average individual can punch.
The very basis of 9-B humans comes from them being able to handle the force of landing on hard surfaces while moving at those speeds. I’d have to find scans later. Also why can’t Reiner’s “superhuman” stats not apply to other characters? All ODM gear users are basically that strong.
If humans in AoT can be as strong as 9-B with a bit of training, then being 6,561x greater than that is 8-C.
Neither Reiner nor any of the other ODM user actually use this KE to come crashing at their enemies, they fly and slices up opponents while avoiding obstacles, because otherwise they would splatter at those speeds. You also don't need a durability proportional to your KE to survive just moving at that velocity.
Like I mentioned before I’ll find some scans.

EDIT
The guide also compares the multiplied energy to being shot 28 times, I don't know if those are guns shot, but the fact that it's best comparison was to "blow away a persons head or limb" kinda of defeats any posibility of building level.
It says 28 shot puts, not gun shots. It’s also making a comparison. Stated values >> random comparisons.

Last edited:
The very basis of 9-B humans comes from them being able to handle the force of landing on hard surfaces while moving at those speeds. I’d have to find scans later. Also why can’t Reiner’s “superhuman” stats not apply to other characters? All ODM gear users are basically that strong.
If humans in AoT can be as strong as 9-B with a bit of training, then being 6,561x greater than that is 8-C.

Because the KE you are trying to apply to everyone is based off Reiner's full weight + the speed from the ODM gear.

Common logic should tell you that not every human has Reiner's bulk, much less have the speed to generate such a KE with each one of their punches. Its really basic honestly.

Eren is using the hook to pull himself onto the colossal, not the propeller to accelerate at full speed.

Glass is solid, but it so brittle it offers very little resistance against force.

Rico's scene might be legit, but I put my bets that she, and most characters, aren't trying to go full speed 100% of the time.

Considering they would run out of gas way too fast, and they could get slapped or caught hard by a titan with no way to stop the momentum, this is very much shown early in the series.

And talking about early arcs, Eren got badly damaged by crashing in the roofs after a Titan bite off his legs while flying at high velocity like a madman, this just goes against whatever you are trying to imply.

You also got Marco almost dying from falling off the inner wall. If humans can die from accelerating to the ground from a 50 meters height, logically, they will fair worse going from 0 to 227 miles per hour against an object that doesn't give in.

It says 28 shot puts, not gun shots. It’s also making a comparison. Stated values >> random comparisons.

Right, shot puts, I didn't know it translated to the sport. But still it doesn't change my point; 28 shots puts aren't nowhere near 8-C as far I know, and that is the best estimated output the guide uses.

Yes exactly.
Because the KE you are trying to apply to everyone is based off Reiner's full weight + the speed from the ODM gear.

Common logic should tell you that not every human has Reiner's bulk, much less have the speed to generate such a KE with each one of their punches. Its really basic honestly.
Fine then, I'll use Eren as a basis instead, it seems to make more sense to me.
Eren is using the hook to pull himself onto the colossal, not the propeller to accelerate at full speed.
It's stated in that even changing the trajectory using the wires would launch you at 227 mph. So technically it's the minimum amount of speed required to use ODM gear. Especially considering Titans with supersonic movement speed can have a hard time catching them.
Glass is solid, but it so brittle it offers very little resistance against force.
You think you'd survive getting launched 227 mph into glass? That amount of force would probably shatter bones but the characters here are undamaged.
Rico's scene might be legit, but I put my bets that she, and most characters, aren't trying to go full speed 100% of the time.

Considering they would run out of gas way too fast, and they could get slapped or caught hard by a titan with no way to stop the momentum, this is very much shown early in the series.
Well I already mention the minimum speed is 227 mph using the wires.
And talking about early arcs, Eren got badly damaged by crashing in the roofs after a Titan bite off his legs while flying at high velocity like a madman, this just goes against whatever you are trying to imply.
The only thing that damaged him was the bite itself. He was only bleeding from his leg, you don't even see any scars on his body. Any normal human would turn to mush because of that, yet the only thing that truly hurt Eren was his bitten off leg.
You also got Marco almost dying from falling off the inner wall. If humans can die from accelerating to the ground from a 50 meters height, logically, they will fair worse going from 0 to 227 miles per hour against an object that doesn't give in.
Guess what, fiction does this all the time. Even Naruto characters fear falling to their deaths despite the weakest characters being 8-B.
Right, shot puts, I didn't know it translated to the sport. But still it doesn't change my point; 28 shots puts aren't nowhere near 8-C as far I know, and that is the best estimated output the guide uses.
Like I said before this is just a comparison my guy. You think this one measly statement is supposed to downgrade all of AoT to 9-B or something because that's what you sound like you're doing. Relax it's just a throwaway line.

Back