• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Attack Modifiers in Video Games

Read this page, there's a section in particular for videogame multipliers having more scrutinity by their nature.
Screenshot_20231229_004011.jpg

Are the multipliers brought up in the story, particularly in a manner consistent with what'd be implied with their amount? If not it'd just be dismissed as game mechanics.

Are the multipliers brought up in the story, particularly in a manner consistent with what'd be implied with their amount? If not it'd just be dismissed as game mechanics.
Related question. Would it work out for novel verses with a game setting that have something like 5000% more damage?

Not mentioned at all in the story. I could argue that it's implied, as characters mainly use Arts abilities in the story as finishers against characters that are much stronger, or as a random thing thrown out that just kinda 1 shots.

Not mentioned at all in the story. I could argue that it's implied, as characters mainly use Arts abilities in the story as finishers against characters that are much stronger, or as a random thing thrown out that just kinda 1 shots.
In that case, I think you can scale it to the stronger opponents that it is able to harm. If the character is normally 9-A and in the story the special attack lets them harm an 8-B for example then it can be something like "9-A, 8-B with Special Attack". Don't try to upscale the AP using the percentage of the multiplier. Just because the description says it does 180000% more damage than a normal attack in gameplay doesn't necessarily mean it works the same story wise.

Last edited:
almost forgot about this due to holiday stuff. hope you all enjoyed yours too

In that case, I think you can scale it to the stronger opponents that it is able to harm. If the character is normally 9-A and in the story the special attack lets them harm an 8-B for example then it can be something like "9-A, 8-B with Special Attack".
makes sense, yeah. because all the characters are in the same tier (4-A or Low 2-C) I'd probably just put "Far higher with [ability name]"
Don't try to upscale the AP using the percentage of the multiplier.
didn't really plan to, unless that's a thing people do.
Just because the description says it does 180000% more damage than a normal attack in gameplay doesn't necessarily mean it works the same story wise.
it, for that character, 180,000% of their attack stat, which would be 180,000% of their base AP (before any other attack/damage buffs)
Do note that you'd need a CRT for this kind of multipliers either way.
That was the plan, yeah. I was gonna make a CRT about it when I got the chance

I don't see anything wrong about ridiculous percentage like 180000% as long as it's some sort of ability treated to be special on its or at least implied on by the story if we already got confirmation that such abilities are used as finisher etc.

But it's like a really common ability like for example
He does 1 simple slash with no hype or anything nor has any animation to imply the intensity of the ability compared to regular attacks then no

From my understanding is that unless the multipliers as a concept exists in lore or story would be more or less exceptional.

Back