• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"At most" term?

LordXcano

VS Battles
Retired
As far as I'm aware, "at most" does not exist as a concept on here, so tell me if I'm wrong. But basically, I think this would clear up a lot of feats where a character seems to scale but, by the depiction being made, isn't entirely equal to the other person.

As an example of what I mean, the vampires in the Blade movies are clearly Supersonic . Blade can fight these same vampires, yet he is clearly struggling and obviously below them. Blade doesn't even seem capable of dodging bullets. So he isn't Supersonic, and he isn't "possibly Supersonic" either. So this would leave us at "At most Supersonic, likely lower."

Another example of this can be seen in Super Smash Bros. Most of ROB's feats rest around Tier 8 to Tier 7. Yet he can defeat someone who is allegedly capable of destroying an island . The Tier 6 opponent is portrayed as significantly stronger and more durable than ROB, but you can still hurt him. So ROB clearly isn't "possibly Island level", nor is he simply City level. Therefore, "At most Island level, likely lower."

Now, obviously outliers still exist. Spider-Man isn't going to be "at most Dwarf Star level" for hurting Hulk , nor would Zelda be "at most Continent level" in durability for being knocked unconscious by a casual backhand from Ganondorf. But someone like Batman could be "at most Hypersonic" for barely reacting to a speedster (note: I don't know how fast that speedster is I'm just using it as an example).

@DT Ah, yeah, that is what I mean. Also yeah this is staff but seeing as you're former staff I don't really care if you reply or not.

Do we do the same thing for speed though?

Well, "at Most" is already on the AP page, so I think it should definitely be used for other terms if it is reasonable.

I agree that "At most" should be possible to apply to any statistic. Our members simply do not seem to use it much.

Yeah, it definitely needs to get used more. I think a lot of upgrade/downgrade situations could be resolved if people knew it existed.

I mean, the fact even I didn't know it existed until know is probably pretty indicative of things.

Well, the term is openly displayed, so it is open for usage.

Back