• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiz Arrior from the shin megami tensei Series said:
But I would say that Broly pales in caparison to Asura, whom destroyed many planets and stars with casual attacks, I would assume that those were punches from Asura but broly at least need some blasts to do that.
It doesnt matter that he uses ki blasts to do such feats, its the fact that he can. Not only is Asura way bigger than him in the fight he is actually at a HUGE disadvantage. Broly would literally touture the giant to his knees. All that mass cant hit a small target with such speed even if its equalized. Asura may rage the entire fight but so will broly so the will continue to stalemate but in the end Asura's pure size was his downfall.

"Weakness: Broly is dangerously overconfident. Broly has a soft spot in his lower abdomen that is vulnerable to attacks due to an assassination attempt on him as an infant." - Broly profile

i think This 2 thing is already enough for Asura to Beat the **** out of Broly and i think we forget that Broly are actually hunt himself because even if his ki is unlimited but his Body is not.

And Asura has normal size of Destructor form too.

I don't want to enforce NLF, but Asura does get stronger the angrier he gets, to without limit, I'm not saying he can't lose, but Broly probably couldn't defeat Asura fast enough that he wont eventually get surpassed, and Broly does have a cap before his Ki overloads and destroys him. Asura is REALLY hard to put down through physical force without hax without just putting him against someone with one shot protential, and that someone ain't Broly that's for sure.

Also even though destructor form is huge, he's still really bloody fast, the whole too big to fight argument would be like saying Goku could defeat STTGL because he'd be too small to get hit, it's an asspull at worst if we know the large object in question is still fast.

1. They both have Multi-Solar System Range and they would both get up close.

2. Asura is fast but he's huge and probably will have a hard time seeing Broly, while Asura is a big Target.

3. Asura rarely uses Intelligence because his rage gets the better of him so intelligence is not a good reason.

4. Broly is overconfident because those he was fighting where much weaker then him, he won't act smug facing someone like Asura who's his power range.

Wait why isn't Broly's range Multi Solar system

>Broly - Range: Standard melee range. Interstellar with ki blasts and attacks

>Asura - Interplanetary physically in his Destructor form (Larger than the Earth), hundreds of thousands of lightyears with energy blasts (Can reach Golden Chakravartin from significant distances away)

Broly's intelligence is "Average (Broly is psychotic, however)", so it is a very good reason.

Yes but Asura is and will be raged indused so no it's not a good reason.

They need to change Broly's range to fit his tier anyway.

He does not even need to hit Broly, all he needs to do is hit with an AoE attack that blows up the planet and Broly will die in space.

Interstellar = MSS range, Asura still has the advantage.

LOL Broly floated all the way to Earth after the meteor hit him and didn't die from the vacuum so no destroying the planet won't work.

Range depends on how far Broly is from Asura and it still doesn't help because Broly can counter his blasts with is.

Asura's power doesn't increase ever second otherwise he would easily stomp on those he fights. Asura must first get angry and get a boost but the boost isn't even that big, then he has to get another boost after getting more angry. I have also mentioned up top Asura's arms are more fragile then the rest of his body and if you played or seen the game you know it's true.

I actually don't know why the OP didn't use Asura at his max and when he was his normal size it would make this better in my opinion.

Hell he can back fought Yasha and lost, Yasha pissed him off by saying something and all he managed to do was knock his mask off the Yasha one shot him. So no his power does not increase each second.

Also, what do you mean [citation needed]?. Goku blow a hole in him, he exploded then the meteor hit him and destroyed the planet, their is no oxygen on the meteor and Broly alone was discovered on Earth and if there was oxygen on the meteor it would have destroyed Earth when it hit it. But it didn't because Broly himself floated all the way to Earth after he was hit by the meteor.

Broly can fight in space... Somehow. I think I had a scan of that, I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: There you go.

Also on my previous SP Cell vs Broly thread DarkLK said "it was clearly stated in the movie that he was travelling in space without problems".
Film09-01-flashback

Cropfist said:
No, this is Destructor Asura.
LOL I know this is Destructor form. I said it be better in my opinion if we used his later more smaller form because it looks wierd that small Broly is fighting planet size Asura.

You mean the fragile arm thing? That happened in all his forms except his destrutor form but still applies because his latter form Chakravernit or however you say his name shattered his strongest forms arms with a finger but he couldn't one shot Asura's body. Throughout the entire game his arms fall apart from entering Earth's atmosphere and punching people. His destrutor form is the only times it doesn't happen but thats because it didn't last for a long time.

If you mean the rage thing. It happens throughout the game as well Asura's rage doesn't increase each second, it increases after he becomes Extramly angry but that doesn't happen rapidly. It must be through this said to him and the boost is big but not massive.

I don't see Broly saying anything that would make him mad or as mad as he was in the games, him getting beat up will make him mad but since their in the same tier he wont utterly destroy Asura especially since we don't know the exact distance between their power.

This is why I voted inconclusive because Asura's anger won't increase the way people think it will. His intelligence is rarely used and he just punches and shots blast like Broly, Range don't mean much because we aren't putting them Interplanetary distances away from each other.

^ i think just as broly open his mouth is going to annoying Asura

[Press B to shut Broly up]

And see Broly blow up planet just for fun is going to make him Mad for for sure.(Unlike Hulk, Asura Mad for other people to.)

Asura does get stronger as he gets angrier by a pretty decent margin, usually going from being unable to budge an opponent to sending them flying in less than a minute.

But the real question is, did Broly make Asura's daughter cry?

Asura can increase his strength a little bit due to the angerier he gets the stronger he gets but not to much as it would become a nlf.

There's a difference between NLF and denying Asura of an ability he genuinely has, obviously saying he jumps to tier 3C in this fight isn't fair as that never happened without specific circumstances in the game, but he DOES get stronger to more or less no end unless he's completely broken and can no longer fight. This requires Broly to actually beat Asura before he loses his chance altogether, and Broly, as is the case with most of the DBZ villains, tend to mess around with their opponent prolonging the fight for as long as humanly possible which is a VERY bad idea against Asura.

broly only messed around in movie 8 in his second coming when he fought gohan he was legit trying to kill him as quickly as possible. He only toys with fodder and asura is not fodder to him. I am not denying asura ability just he can't go to much like you said jump to galaxy level

He was certainly dominating Gohan, but certainly not going for a quick kill, heck he doesn't even start the fight in his LSSJ form, he seems happy enough stalling out Gohan, even though it's probably a quick fight for DBZ standards, the amount of time it took for Broly to get a move on is within similar time frames when when Asura starts standing up to his opponent and starts laying a beatdown on them as well.

Looking at both their profiles I'm going to give it to Asura.

Even though their fighting styles are similar Asura is more levelheaded ot at least not as overconfident as Broly and would try and would try and finish him as quickly as possible. Also it's only a matter of time until Asura completely overpowers Broly like he did to Chakravartin, where when his strongest form was One-Shot by Chakravartin's creator form he powered himself up to the point where Chakravartin hurt himself punching Asura who was in base form.

i think while Broly has the power to destroy a Galaxy it does not matter for his fighting power, since even if we take into account his overconfidence insanity etc, you think 3 and maybe a half planet buster level characters could beat him? even with a video game weakpoint? i call bullshit, not to mention his speed of supposedly 1.8 million times the speed of light was never shown outside of that 11 or so second cutscene, you don't think he would have used that sort of speed in the fights he had? ridiculous, i give my vote to Asura, mostly for the fact that Broly's 4A ranking is questionable anyway but because of Asura's Durability to tank hits Broly's hits while a single well aimed gut punch from Asura would end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back