• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Asuna vs Weiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ricsi-viragosi said:
kirito was stabbed into the chest and through spinal cord , that should scale
You mean when Kirito had admin powers at the end of ALO?

That totally scales

"Yo Asuna, here my admin powers my main man Kayaba gave me. Should totally work for you too ovo"

Could be missing something tho, since ALO was worse arc

So source would be nice

Ricsi-viragosi said:
no, he was stabbed through before he got the admin power. after he toataly destroyed
I can conclusively prove that regen is either

A. Not scaling to Asuna

B. Inconsistent at best.

https://youtu.be/oW7PRm41lvo?t=201

Sugou got his arm lopped off her, and he didnt regenerate it.

So there we go, my argument stands per se.

I could come back if Garg wants me to give a detailed analysis.

But the idea regen scaling to anyone in verse, which is at best is inconsistent or at worst, only scaling to Kirito

in original sao kirito got his hand chopped off, after which in the light novel he got it back by using healing items

Lemme just put this into perspective:

Asuna tries to play keep away = She gets hit with Barrage (Homing attacks that freezes on contact)

Asuna tries to get close = Weiss freezes her with an ice crystal and impales her, trips her up with sheet ice, freezes her solid with Frostbite or Nova, traps her with ice glyph restraints and impales her, or traps her in a gravity field

Asuna actually manages to get close = Weiss freezes her solid on contact with her sword with Pierce or dominates her in CQC with time dilation

Ricsi-viragosi said:
in original sao kirito got his hand chopped off, after which in the light novel he got it back by using healing items
And that would be SAO

Not ALO, which has different game rules.

You cant apply one game rules to another, that is like me compare Aura from both RWBY and HXH

I am done, Weiss takes this via versatility, freezing and probably more versatile combat experience via high diff.

It would be a long fight tbh, but Weiss has fought a fair amount of people/grimm with a fair assortment of abilities.

she does heve her own homing attacks and shields with magiv. she attacks by flying or juimping in a straight line so jumping is out of the question, she could also use things like aqua bind to bind her and get a hit in

ALO is based off of it, its explained by yui, hell, a characters abilities were brought over and its explained that it has the same program.

Asuna has the following:

Ice arrows (Mother's Rosario arc)

Cold resistance (Caliber arc)

Sword skills that increase her speed (Kirito notes this in SAO when he used Starburst Stream and said that it doubled his attack speed)

Passive Regenerationn bubble + resistance to fire (New Aincrad - 8th floor boss)

Healing spells (Caliber arc, Mother's Rosario arc)

Unlimited flight (New Aincrad update)

Attack speed that even prime Kirito was hard-pressed to track (SAO)

That said, I will have to look up her feats again since I can't remember much else at the moment. I'll get back to you guys later.

I will come back to this in depth.

1. Ice Arrows kind of just even it out at best, unless her freezing is somehow better. Weiss Flash Freezes, but people have broken out of it before.

2. Cold Resistance =/= Ice Resistance.

3. Does that Apply to Asuna? I am gonna need an explicit feat that covers this.

4. Regen Bubble should be on her profile then, I assume it is probably Mid-Low. It will give her an advantage admitedy but that is it.

5. Unlimited Flight already stated above. Weiss had no trouble with a nevermore too much. It is an advantage for Asuna, but Weiss has fought flying enemies before.

6. Feat/Calc pls? If she is faster, then yeah, we can give it to her I guess.

Our SAO profiles are really badly sourced, although to be fair the anime didnt exactly help with her abilities.

It gives litiral debuffs through freezing though, thats why she uses it. Its not just a spell to make peapole feel pleasent, and freezing is done through cold All sword skills do that, and litiraly everyone has fthem, she even maxed it out Healing, it is on her profile She is stated to be,. Whit kirito being more rounded in stats

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It gives litiral debuffs through freezing though, thats why she uses it. Its not just a spell to make peapole feel pleasent, and freezing is done through cold

All sword skills do that, and litiraly everyone has them, she even maxed it out

Healing, it is on her profile

She is stated to be, Whit kirito being more rounded in stats

Code:
As soon as the system recognises the motion, the player's weapon begins to glow in a colour specific to a Sword Skill.[3] The player can then allow the system to take over and automatically complete the skill at a speed that is normally near impossible for a player to achieve and dealing much more damage than a regular sword swing.[4]
Heres the speed thing

Friendly reminder for those saying asuna is more skilled than weiss in combat, now only has weiss trained since childhood in combat, but during the Vital Festival tournament she was ranked among the top ten most skilled fighters out of four schools that specifically train people how to fight

Asuna has a litiral leveling sistem spoon feeding her into it, and has maxed it out. And her fighting style is overal better, weiss didnt show any pure skill on her level, only hard to counter abilities through semblence

Weiss' skill is done with her semblance, which not only giver her better versatility and more options in combat, but can royally screw over Asuna in so many ways its not even funny

Not really, her fighting style is scorpion tacics for the most, asuna has flight and can resist gravity magic from her own verse (i got to know far too much on sao just for this fight)plus can resist debuffs done by ice The show has shown them being cleanly cut through with no problems, sometime litiraly severed from the rest of the body with no problem to them due to being rpg characters who only care about hp. She also can last ronger via potion scumming

Just to check, considering the amount of abilities Weiss has and aura, what exactly allows Asuna to stand a chance enough so that this isn't a stomp? Gonna take awhile to read through this.

Also best girl of course stomps SAO Asuna in quality, but Progressive Asuna is pretty good

>Resist gravity manip from her own verse

I explicitly remember her being unable to do anything about that gravity manip as it was specificically created to keep her restrained by the guy who kept her prisoner and no one else used it

And resisting ice does not give her the ability to suddenly not be frozen solid, and its not even a passive effect she has to activate a spell to be able to resist ice

CoreOfimBalance(COB) said:
Also best girl of course stomps SAO Asuna in quality, but Progressive Asuna is pretty good</s>
Is Progressive worth reading? I was highly disappointed by the anime

No, it allows to shrug off spinal cord dammage, and her potions can be used in a fast way

She also has unlimited flight. And again, speed ump with all of her attacks

@Gargoyle One

Think of it this way. I thought I was reading something that's not SAO. I was questioning the entire time whether this is SAO or not. Because it definitely was not trash.

Also I hated SAO till I read it.

It helps that the focus is on Asuna as the MC and everyone has character development and actual traits and not just Kirito stomping everyone. Hell it actually has more interesting side characters and the current arc is about NPC and realisticness. Feels a bit like a true MMORPG too.

But ye give it a shot. Made me chuckle a couple of times. Prefer this over any other SAO thing ever.

Unlimited flight gets asuna a bunch of Barrage attacks shot at her. You know, the homing attack that freezes on contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back