• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

vs

SBA
Speed Equal

Negi would recognize Asta's antimagic as Asuna has like 90% of Asta powerkit

Second: Negi whole power system is magical mixed with a bit of chi, but even the chi part is considered "Eastern magic" and is more like using Zetten to boost certain spells, but they still used mana, his regen is countered by Asta, even if he uses Cassiopeia, Asta resist time magic and this Asta has a passive antimagic forcefield that completely nulls Negi spells and even then, antimagic skin, this is ignoring how Asta would deflect his attacks

Ap: Asta has more AP, but is 1.16 times more of less so meh

Speed: Negi can become 3.6 times faster with his form, Asta if using Zetten from base is speed blitzing and by lore he is 10-20 times faster than his base, add his transformations and Negi can't react

Hax: Negi has more hax but antimagic counters him, Asta compared to Asuna, while Asuna can fight someone with 700 years of experience in battle and who is a master of 3 martial arts, Asta can learn how to use a sword in 1 week to 1 month (Fanzel novel which I can't found in my language) and learn techniques mid fight, Negi is superior to Asuna and Asuna has a few weaknesses in her antimagic like being weak to illusions, ingering magical food still cause her (but not to the 100%) symptons and using magic on her insides affects her way more than targeting her skin, while Asta can dispel inside effects and would not be affected by illusions for the antimagic barrier/skin+ being able to dispel them, I won't cover his summons

Martial arts/combat: Negi is extremely good and is better than the girl with 700 years of experience, probably better than Jack Rakan (and superior to him in the spin off series for sure) and is an expert at training and developing spells and improving his combat style, Asta you just have to read his intelligence to see that he matchets Negi or at worst is a bit inferior (and sorry but I don't know what skill feats I can bring for Negi but while Asta learns how to use a sword in weeks, Negi learns a martial art in hours for example) the thing is that Asta has way more "passives" that makes the skill debate turns in his favor, as he would adapt, would grow stronger and has precog, negi has precog too but is way way inferior ()

How the fight should go: Asta starts with zetten, Negi sensing no magic and recognizing antimagic SHOULD, use illusions, as that is his counter for knowing asuna, the only user of antimagic

If a Zetten strike does not nullify his regen as he needs to use third sword, the next strike will surely do, while Negi is out of options, clones are magical and will be nullified and Negi vs Asuna comes to Negi countering her with superior combat prowess and said illusions, Asta has almost equal combat prowess but is way faster and not affected by that

Asta low to mid difficulty, if you want to see it as a stomp, I don't mind

Last edited:
Negi would recognize Asta's antimagic as Asuna has like 90% of Asta powerkit

Second: Negi whole power system is magical mixed with a bit of chi, but even the chi part is considered "Eastern magic" and is more like using Zetten to boost certain spells, but they still used mana, his regen is countered by Asta, even if he uses Cassiopeia, Asta resist time magic and this Asta has a passive antimagic forcefield that completely nulls Negi spells and even then, antimagic skin, this is ignoring how Asta would deflect his attacks

Ap: Asta has more AP, but is 1.16 times more of less so meh

Speed: Negi can become 3.6 times faster with his form, Asta if using Zetten from base is speed blitzing and by lore he is 10-20 times faster than his base, add his transformations and Negi can't react

Hax: Negi has more hax but antimagic counters him, Asta compared to Asuna, while Asuna can fight someone with 700 years of experience in battle and who is a master of 3 martial arts, Asta can learn how to use a sword in 1 week to 1 month (Fanzel novel which I can't found in my language) and learn techniques mid fight, Negi is superior to Asuna and Asuna has a few weaknesses in her antimagic like being weak to illusions, ingering magical food still cause her (but not to the 100%) symptons and using magic on her insides affects her way more than targeting her skin, while Asta can dispel inside effects and would not be affected by illusions for the antimagic barrier/skin+ being able to dispel them, I won't cover his summons

Martial arts/combat: Negi is extremely good and is better than the girl with 700 years of experience, probably better than Jack Rakan (and superior to him in the spin off series for sure) and is an expert at training and developing spells and improving his combat style, Asta you just have to read his intelligence to see that he matchets Negi or at worst is a bit inferior (and sorry but I don't know what skill feats I can bring for Negi but while Asta learns how to use a sword in weeks, Negi learns a martial art in hours for example) the thing is that Asta has way more "passives" that makes the skill debate turns in his favor, as he would adapt, would grow stronger and has precog, negi has precog too but is way way inferior ()

How the fight should go: Asta starts with zetten, Negi sensing no magic and recognizing antimagic SHOULD, use illusions, as that is his counter for knowing asuna, the only user of antimagic

If a Zetten strike does not nullify his regen as he needs to use third sword, the next strike will surely do, while Negi is out of options, clones are magical and will be nullified and Negi vs Asuna comes to Negi countering her with superior combat prowess and said illusions, Asta has almost equal combat prowess but is way faster and not affected by that

Asta low to mid difficulty, if you want to see it as a stomp, I don't mind

Ehh I disagree with a lot of what's said here though depending on what is available I might not disagree with the ultimate outcome of Negi losing.

The Cassiopeia has it limits but it would undoubtably work on Asta because it doesn't actual stop time it causes a sort of Pseudo-Time Stop effect that actually function by the user jumping to the same point in time and space repeatedly in an instant which simulates the effects of time being stopped. Basically it isn't an ability that is actually affecting Asta or stopping time for Asta like any conventional time stop would be so there's really nothing there to resist.

Further more the Cassiopeia scan above you can also gain a grasp of how Negi uses his Precognition - It's a simple application of magic in the verse (as said in the scan you posted) but due to Negi being a genius with a mastery of the basics of magic he can summon a sprites imbued with these simple spells like the precognition which according to the scan is calculation based analytical prediction which is in Negi's case (due to him being a genius with mastery of the basics), good enough to be comparable to the advanced AI Chao is using to control her Cassiopeia which calculates the future while having to factor in stuff like the "breakdown of causality principles".

The vast majority of Negi's hax aren't helpful due to Asta's resistance to magic but if he has Cassiopeia he can just hit him with raw force in the Pseudo time stop over and over again till he wins.

The vast majority of Negi's hax aren't helpful due to Asta's resistance to magic but if he has Cassiopeia he can just hit him with raw force in the Pseudo time stop over and over again till he wins.
Ok, then I did not remember about the Cassiopeia stuff

But I debated for Negi in the past using this Key or the one before and another user said that Neji lost usage of Cassiopeia in the latest part of the manga or is extremely OOC for him

Also, Asta can just lift his third sword and any "magical effect" in the area is nullified, jumping in time would not be allowed for that reason for cutting the causality of the action

Also, Asta can just lift his third sword and any "magical effect" in the area is nullified, jumping in time would not be allowed for that reason for cutting the causality of the action
The demon destroyer nullifies any lingering effects of magic by severing the cause and effect relationship of that magic when drawn, it doesn't cause a lingering Aoe that prevents the use of magic over a given period of time so it won't stop him from just time jumping or just using the pseudo time stop again though beyond that the Cassiopeia causes a breakdown of causality principle by the nature of it's function but that's only really a secondary point to the first

it doesn't cause a lingering Aoe
He stopped regeneration that should work all the time

Even then, what you said is "over a given period of time", that period of time is enough to use zetten and win but I understand what you mean
Ehh I disagree with a lot of what's said here
Tell me, because I am not a expert of Negi, I am debating for what I remember 10 years ago and I am not joking

He stopped regeneration that should work all the time

Even then, what you said is "over a given period of time", that period of time is enough to use zetten and win but I understand what you mean
That's a general for most of his anti magic swords when used against magic base regen and if it functioned like your trying to imply it does then he wouldn't have had to hit the people with regen with his swords he would have just had to pull the demon destroyer out to auto null it(making the entire dante fight nonsensical) at no point has he ever pulled out the demon destroyer and stopped everyone's/or even someones magic from so much as even activating in an area over any period of time- That didn't happen when he used it:
  • For the first time in his fight with that elf possessed fodder with the poison (it only negated the lingering poison effect and didn't negate the reincarnation spell until it made physical contact nor prevent him from using any spells afterwards)
  • Used it against elf possessed luck ( had it out the whole time and luck used magic just fine)
  • Used it against elf possessed gouache/marie (It nullified what would be the effects of the lingering paralysis from his sister but didn't prevent him or anyone else present from activating magic or even stop her from just activating the paralysis again with eye contact)
  • Used it against damnatio (it erase the statistic reduction effect of his magic but didn't show anything beyond that nor did anyone lose access to magic such that they couldn't activate it)
  • Used it against nacht when he first came to him (Nullified his paralysis stuff but didn't prevent him from using magic in the area)
  • Used it against Lilith and Naahmah (It nullified the effects of their magic logia like bodied but didn't prevent their magic based ability to fuse nor did it stop them from just re doing a spell again while it was still out in asta's hand)
  • Threw it at lolopecka (It nullfied the spell she was about to use and when it hit her nullified the curse on her but it didn't turn off anyone ability to use magic)
  • Pulled it out against Lucious (Nullified his time stop but he was able to freely continue using magic without issue despite the sword still being in his hand while he was in range of asta)
  • Used against Paladin Damnatio (Nullified his initial effect but he wasn't prevented from using magic afterwards asta just controlled his anti magic better into an aura of nullification within a relatively small range of himself so the next spell was erased instantly)
Zetten will be dodge due to the predictive sprite predicting it and the dial turning one just letting him time travel to avoid it

My main point is that if he has Cassiopeia under standard assumption he could win if he doesn't then he loses

Edit:
Tell me, because I am not a expert of Negi, I am debating for what I remember 10 years ago and I am not joking
No harm, no foul series came out a relatively long ass time ago.

Most of the other stuff I have to say has to do with the martial arts part and stuff to do with Asuna but I didn't think it would be relevant since my Opinion on the matter as a whole is predicated on whether or not he has access to the Cassiopeia which he could win with but would likely lose without it

then he wouldn't have had to hit the people with regen with his swords he would have just had to pull the demon destroyer out to auto null it
He literally nullified Naamath regen by just pulling his sword in devil union I am refering to that and by SBA he is starting on that form or in battle he will access that form to counter the clone army

Zetten will be dodge due to the predictive sprite predicting it and the dial turning one just letting him time travel to avoid it
But I debated for Negi in the past using this Key or the one before and another user said that Neji lost usage of Cassiopeia in the latest part of the manga or is extremely OOC for him
Comment on another thread: "Negi only has the Cassiopeta and his artifact for the arc they are introduced" This is not said arc

Edit: The rest of your message is of course valid, I am just refering to the twins fight because the other times Asta nullifed magic with the third sword is like you are saying

Back