• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If non-magic power is manipulated by magic power, then the result will be magic. I can say this case is like the darkness in NNT.

Declared not magic, but can be manipulated by magic power. Yes, the result is the same as magic, in the end Asta negates the curse of magic, not non-magic.
I see what you mean, but hypothetically speaking even if were were to assume curses in SDS were not derived from magic power and some other type of energy, it still wouldn't affect Asta's abilities to nullify it since he directly negated the source of the curse, which is curse power and not magic power with demon-slayer and demon-dweller which is entirely different from causality break which specifically can only be achieved through demon-destroyer.

Last edited:
And Gilthunder's lightning

Causality break would still nullify considering it was still manipulated by magic. Damnatio uses his magical power to manipulate the atmosphere to attack enemies, yet Asta still nulled it with his causality break shield. So they can try to attack him with natural elements all the want, causality break would stull null it.

Causality break would still nullify considering it was still manipulated by magic. Damnatio uses his magical power to manipulate the atmosphere to attack enemies, yet Asta still nulled it with his causality break shield. So they can try to attack him with natural elements all the want, causality break would stull null it.
?

Asta doesn't use causality break to reverse someone's own reversing
thats not how he uses it
he still wins tho

If non-magic power is manipulated by magic power, then the result will be magic. I can say this case is like the darkness in NNT.

Yeah Darkness has always been confusing to me, but I've thought of two possible assumptions. Magical power is being used to manipulate darkness, or darkness is a differdnt type of supernatural energy. But it does seem likely that darkness, is some supernatural aspect that is manipulated by magical power rather than being magic power itself.

Ah, sorry could you elaborate on this? (trying to see what you mean)
Demon king and Asta both use reverse
but Asta cant use reverse in a way that someone else's reverse ability stopped reversing
both of their reverse abilities will cancel each other out
so nothing happens

Demon king and Asta both use reverse
but Asta cant use reverse in a way that someone else's reverse ability stopped reversing
both of their reverse abilities will cancel each other out
so nothing happens

Ha, I see what you mean. But out of curiosity what comment what were you referencing? (unless it was something I misspoke about which I don't recall?)

Then the Asta will nullify the existence of the DK, since it is supernatural in nature. :eek:

Lol I don't think that's how that works. The demon kind isn't made of magic power or some supernatural energy, he is a physical being that wields supernatural abilities no? (hence why Asta shouldn't be able to nullify his existence)

Last edited:
Lol I don't think that's how that works. The demon kind isn't made of magic power or some supernatural energy, he is a physical being that wields supernatural abilities no? (hence why Asta shouldn't be able to nullify his existence)
DK is made from chaos. Let's not get too deep into how far SBA would go because that would be another 30 pages of the ontology of mana and souls Vs chaos.

I see what you mean, but hypothetically speaking even if were were to assume curses in SDS were not derived from magic power and some other type of energy, it still wouldn't affect Asta's abilities to nullify it since he directly negated the source of the curse, which is curse power and not magic power with demon-slayer and demon-dweller which is entirely different from causality break which specifically can only be achieved through demon-destroyer.
he only negated the curse on himself. Also I don't understand the "curse source" you mean.

how can you consider this to be non-magical? what can be used as evidence? even though the curse has been manipulated and used for Asta
Yeah Darkness has always been confusing to me, but I've thought of two possible assumptions. Magical power is being used to manipulate darkness, or darkness is a differdnt type of supernatural energy. But it does seem likely that darkness, is some supernatural aspect that is manipulated by magical power rather than being magic power itself.
if you say SDS, this is a supernatural [negative] energy. The darkness in NNT itself comes from a monster [Behemoth], which when it wakes up creates negative energy.

because the basis for manipulating power in SDS is magical power, if we manipulate darkness into an object, it will be considered magical.

he only negated the curse on himself. Also I don't understand the "curse source" you mean.

Yeah the curse was casted on Asta and he negated it. Magic is powered by magical power, curses are powered by curse power. Asta negated the curse on himself which is not comprised of magic power, but curse power.
Screenshot-20231017-220939-Shonen-Jump.jpg

how can you consider this to be non-magical? what can be used as evidence? even though the curse has been manipulated and used for Asta
subtance.jpg

Magic is refined magic power, and magic is comprised of magic power. Curse are not made of magic power, they are made of curse power which is a different kind of energy. Mages can posses both curse power and magic power

if you say SDS, this is a supernatural [negative] energy. The darkness in NNT itself comes from a monster [Behemoth], which when it wakes up creates negative energy.

Sure, never denied darkness was supernatural in nature, in fact it was even a suggestions I put forth iirc.

because the basis for manipulating power in SDS is magical power, if we manipulate darkness into an object, it will be considered magical.

Except in this case Rhades used curse power to generate curse shells, not magical power. As stated earlier Vanica posses both curse power, and magical power and curses them
selves aren't magic in BC.

Screenshot-20231126-131427-Shonen-Jump.jpg

Last edited:
Julius only stated according to his perspective. why does this case have to be non-magical? julius just doesn't understand why there are scars.

and perhaps, Julius's perspective wondered, why the wounds of vengeance had not disappeared, since julius met him. because it's like it's impossible.

what I've said. This curse magic can be used to attack enemies & anything, including manipulation cycles. because the power of the BC system is magical, the power of the curse will become magic too.

most importantly, without being declared magical, it does not necessarily mean it is non-magical. you have to prove it further. Curse magic in BC comes from Megicula's magic. and even that is still considered magic. Here

Yeah the curse was casted on Asta and he negated it. Magic is powered by magical power, curses are powered by curse power. Asta negated the curse on himself which is not comprised of magic power, but curse power.
Screenshot-20231017-220939-Shonen-Jump.jpg

subtance.jpg

Magic is refined magic power, and magic is comprised of magic power. Curse are not made of magic power, they are made of curse power which is a different kind of energy. Mages can posses both curse power and magic power

Sure, never denied darkness was supernatural in nature, in fact it was even a suggestions I put forth iirc.

Except in this case Rhades used curse power to generate curse shells, not magical power. As stated earlier Vanica posses both curse power, and magical power and curses them
selves aren't magic in BC.

Screenshot-20231126-131427-Shonen-Jump.jpg
who u votin for?

Julius only stated according to his perspective. why does this case have to be non-magical? julius just doesn't understand why there are scars.

Julius is smart, he didn't sense any magical power and I see no reason to doubt his credibility. Moreover, Patry told him it was a curse. Henry also stated that his own curse wasn't magic.

and perhaps, Julius's perspective wondered, why the wounds of vengeance had not disappeared, since julius met him. because it's like it's impossible.

Again Julius is very adept at sensing magical power, he sensed it wasn't magic which is refined magical power. No magic power = no magic. Magic power is the source of all magic and that holds true to this day.

what I've said. This curse magic can be used to attack enemies & anything, including manipulation cycles. because the power of the BC system is magical, the power of the curse will become magic too.

Curse magic is magic that can manipulate curses, much like how true magic is magic that manipulates the element found in nature.

For example a mage will generate curse power which carries a certain effect then cloak it in their magic attribute aka refined magical power to deliver said curse, so the magic power is used as a medium to deliver the curse power. Catherine the witch from the capital invasion arc created shells of ash magic that contained curses inside. So one power was used to cloak the other. It's pretty much supernatural dual wielding.

Utilizing various energies is a staple in the series considering magic can also be cloaked in anti-magic

Curses are a different phenomenon that can be manipulated, just like any other natural phenomenon in BC. True magic for example is magic that summons the real element.

most importantly, without being declared magical, it does not necessarily mean it is non-magical. you have to prove it further. Curse magic in BC comes from Megicula's magic.

Megicula is the founder of curse magic in the human world, not curses. Curse magic is a form of magic that manipulates curses.

That does not mean all curse power comes from her magic.

and even that is still considered magic. Here
Curse warding magic is an attribute that manipulates curses via runes of magical power. Magicula uses her runes as a delivery system to deliver curse power.
Much like how Damnatio's atmosphere magic allows him to manipulate the actual atmosphere. And just as a heads up, be careful with the wiki becaus it also has its own inaccuracies. That same wiki list atmosphere magic as "air" magic despite the fact that they're two different attributes

Megicula posses both curse power (juryoku) and magical power (maryoku). You're conflating two different powers.

Last edited:
Back