• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Assorted Lifting Strength Discussion Thread

Jasonsith said:
----
IMO if we think back that how striking strength differs from lifting strength, maybe we should look into the feat and situation itself before commenting.
Firephoenixearl said:
Then again, we'll treat this on a case by case basis.
Exactly, we will treat this on a case by case basis. At least that is what i think the most reasonable solution. If anyone has trouble or questions regarding this topic (what counts and doesn't count as Lifting Strength), I do not mind checking out calculations or responding to such questions on my Message Wall. So if treating things on a case by case basis is gonna be hard for the few calc members that have a good grasp of how it works i do not mind lending a hand.

I agree that case-by-case is the best way to deal with this.

Good.

Also, share here some models or even examples of what makes a good or bad lifting strength feat. Thanks.

Ok then i guess for that i'll just summarize a bit on what was decided to and not to work during the thread:

Bad Examples

• Character punches a heavy object and sends it flying.
  • Character punches a heavy object to a halt
  • Character does not move after being hit by a hevy object moving at high speeds.
  • Character A scaling above Character B's Lifting Strength due to sending him flying or pushing him back.
Good Examples

• Character stops or lifts an object by pushing it.
  • Character doesn't move from being hit with something due to holding himself through any means (Ex: Is using his hands to hold onto a wall as something pulls or crashes into him)
  • Character throwing objects.

>Character scaling due to sending him flying or pushing him back

That's obviously a no-no, they'd have to wrestle against each other.

Ok then, if no one has any argument against the proposed points on good/bad examples and treating things on a case by case basis then I guess we are done here.

Because as it says it stands for Tier 11. So basically characters who exist in 2, 1 or 0 dimensions.

0 kg lifting strength is 0 sure, but it's still regarding 3 dimensional objects, people who don't exist in 3D, have it as "inapplicable" instead.

Earl seems to make sense to me, but I am the wrong person to ask.

You can contact DontTalkDT, Ugarik, Antoniofer, Executor N0, and Mr. Bambu to comment here.

Back