• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
"Well what is the synopsis for this upgrade? Because if i recall Carcharoth is also just a very large dog, having a Silmaril sent him mad and from the descripion made him larger and more powerful but neither he or Huan again proved anything signifcant in terms of feats, no planets, mountain ranges or what have you were destroyed, certainly no galaxies."

Carcharoth was powered by a Silmiral, which was fueled by the same light that fueled Ungoliant.

Ungoliant defeated a Valar, and, as explained on the page, Morgoth was still Valar tier at the time.

Just because no galaxies where destroyed doesn't mean that they can't destroy galaxies.

Just because Kratos doesn't bust continents doesn't mean he can't.

That's called area-of-effect, and bassically what it means is that in fiction a blow can be Star level even if it doesn't destroy theplanet your fighting on, despite this technically violating conservation of energy.

To quote: "The attack potency depends upon the energy output of the attack, not the area of effect of the attack. "

Even if it has large area-of-effect doesn't mean it has large power, and just becuase it has large power, doesn't mean it has large area of effect

Feats are not the only thing that matters, powerscaling does too. That's how we scale Sauron to Osse, Morgoth to Valar, and ignoring that in favor of the "If the didn't bust countries during their fight they can't" is the same as saying fictional characters can't go faster than light.

"If your refering to something that is explicitly diffrerent to our own and then scaling from our own universe then your making a logical error. If your just assuming with no evidence at all then even more so.

I would like to see evidence that the feats your refering to were not only the movement of real stars and what have you, unlike from what I know from reading the book."

The proof is that they're called stars, now you have to debunk that. You have to give on instance where does stars did not behave like stars.

You can't say "I don't know so prove it", I am not trying to convince you, I am trying to convince the people reading this debate.

The burden of proof is on you to say why Arthas wins, not on me to say why he doesn't.

I have given you evidence, however minor, and you need to provide evidence that they're not stars.

"Well yes it is, cartoon characters for example can create glowing lights in the sky and call them stars, many fictions and mythlogies may not consider "stars" as we do them realistically. We need to make sure their actually vast, celestial balls of fusion energy before we start scaling them highly.

Then, as far as feats are concerned consider how useful it is as a feat since we know the Valour do not sing stars into existence to fight their battles. In fact, if I recall a mere maiar was (Eonwe?) was consdiered the mightiest in Arda in terms of battle and Tulkus was one of the greater physical powers in Middle Earth.

Bear in mind Tolkiens world is not like Marvel, power is more simple in marvel but in Arda some beings are powerful creators, powerful destroyers and others are corruption (Morgoth) while a few like Tulkus, Eonwe etc are fighters. "

I have given you evidence for why they'are stars right above, now its your turn to disprove it.

Also, that feat proves they can manipulate that level of energy. They can make stars, planets, or just blast people with beams of energy.

I don't see how some characters being more skilled matters here.

So what if Eonwe is stronger than all the Valar (Which he isn't), that would upgrade him, not downgrade the Valar.

"Lets see that durability feat first, wasnt Saurons fingers cut off by a mere human? No countries destroyed if I recall..."

Sauron fought in physical combat against people of his level, and his level is Country level.

If he can tank country tier blows then that means you have to be able to blow up a country to kill him.

He is the strongest of the Maiar, and so scales to Osse, who has a feat, which was calced at Country level.

That means Sauron is Country level. Well, in truth, at least that since, being the strongest Maiar, he is strongest than Osse.

"This is an extreme. Evidence suggests he is at the very least a very large dog, and clearly has some mysticaly properties but he has zero feats to put him on planetary levels and neither do any of his opponents. At best, we can say Huan is the equal of a very large dog, who he himself is a large dog. Sauron scales to them when in combat forms.

Arthas I would say is beyond any of those combat forms, serpants, large hounds etc, their far lower without further evidence than what Arthas has faced, which is to say armies of heroes who can face the most powerful beings in Warcraft, many of which are indeed large, elemental, magical dogs of all kinds of shapes and sizes.

Scaling from the heroes aside, Frostmourn cut through the ice of icecrown with ease, the same ice which was created in the furthest reaches in the void, tossed through space and survived planetfall into Icecrown. That was before the Lich King or Arthas melded and seemed to become more powerful.

Not sure how Sauron could harm Arthas, who seemed to be quite hard to defeat and was effectively immortal. He even removed his own heart if I recall (davy Jones style). "

Huan has a feat, which is fighting Sauron, and he fought Carcharoth.

Also, what are combat forms?

And, Carcharoth was fed by a Silmiral, which is the same thing that fed Ungoliant. And Ungoliant had only three times that much power, which puts them in the same tier.

Check Ungoliants page and you'll know why I think their planet busters.

I explained why, just because he didn't destroy countries, doesn't mean he can't.

Same thing goes for Narsil.

Bassically, this is how it goes:

Huan=>Sauron>Osse=Country level via feat.

Huan fighting Sauron is not a reason to downgrade Sauron, rather a reason to upgrade Huan.

"Carcharoth was powered by a Silmiral, which was fueled by the same light that fueled Ungoliant"

He was also being burned to madness by it. Ungoliant on the other hand drank fully of the trees directly and was already likely more powerful than the dog in any case.

"Ungoliant defeated a Valar, and, as explained on the page, Morgoth was still Valar tier at the time."

Not sure what you mean with that statement, when was he ever stated not to be Valar? Morgoth grew signifcantly weaker over the whole of the Silmarillion, his strongest was as spirit, then perhaps when he first set foot on Arda but after he started sending his power itno his creations he weakened, we have no idea how powerful he is at that stage, only that Ungoliatn did not have to do anything but threaten him and he cried out in fear for his balrogs. which by the way saw her off immediately.

Your scaling is not based on actual combat but rather, the mistake that power in all its forms in Tolkiens universe can equate to combat strength. Not all the Valar were said to be powerful fighters yet in their own way were likely mightier than most maiar.

"Just because Kratos doesn't bust continents doesn't mean he can't."

He cant, and never will.

"Feats are not the only thing that matters, powerscaling does too."

You need actual feats to reliably power scale from, saying ungoliant amped by the trees scared Morgoth does not give us any equation to factor in Carcharoth who only ate one Silmaril and may have been signifcantly weaker than ungoliant ever was at base anyway.

"same as saying fictional characters can't go faster than light."

Fictional characters can, because writers can specifcally state it so. Just like how a fictional character can bust a continent despite being a small mass or even use low amounts of energy if the author wants, because its fiction. You still need the author to say as much and Tolkien never says or implies Huan is planet busting or what have you, its described as a horse sized dog and little more can be said for its strength.

"The proof is that they're called stars"

That is not proof of what they actually consist of. Until i see this quote you refer to from morgoths ring i stand by the fact the primary Star of Arda was irregular from my reccolection of the Silmarillion. I am not going to stand down from that view until I see the retcon myself as provided as evidence by yourself or other since it was your assertion.

"I am trying to convince the people reading this debate."

How do you plan on doing that by just stating their stars? If you can prove it then you need not convince anyone.

"provide evidence that they're not stars"

This is fallacious, i do not have to prove a negative, your initial assertion is if I recall has multiple claims as of yet without evidence. That they are real stars as our universe and science understands them, and that the Valour used an amount of energy to create them equal to their own. If they just used "song of the valar" we have no energy scale, it could be more akin to hax and without further evidence your assertion holds no more weight than my interpretation that they did not have access to vast amounts of energy that they summon in combat.

Which is actually unheard of, because in all their conflicts and all their power they make as far as we know a single planet and it took all of them through Eru to do just that. So the precedent falls in m court and favour I am afraid to say, claiming their star burstes or beyond, let alone their pets and lessers when we know factually their conflicts did little but mar a single world speaks for itself.

"If he can tank country tier blows then that means you have to be able to blow up a country to kill him."

You argued above that energy matters more than area of effect, so saying Arthas has to blow up a country to hurt him is nonsensical by your own logic. And I will not further discuss this whole "country level" Sauron further, not until you can decidedly prove Huan was outputting more than the force of a horse sized dog as I suspect.

"Huan has a feat, which is fighting Sauron, and he fought Carcharoth."

This is circular logic, you cannot power scale Sauron to huan, and then circle that to power scale from Huan to Sauron, it makes no sense. You would have to prove at least one of them has a level of power, and your argument being that Carcharoth ate a Silmaril is flawed many fold. I explained above but I will do so again;

1- We have no idea how powerful Carcharoth was beyond being a very large dog

2- We have no real gauge of the amp a silmaril even gives

3-Ungoliant drank directly from the trees themselves until they died, so has more power than Carcharoth even if the amp from the gem was high.

4- Ungoliant may have been more powerful even at base than Carcharoth at base.

Your argument holds a great deal of unknowns.

"Also, what are combat forms?"

The forms Sauron takes to combat, e.g. the large hound, the snake etc.

"Ungoliant had only three times that much power, which puts them in the same tier."

As I said above this is not at all true or equatable. Ungoliant was empowered by the trees fully, she also ate gems, she also may be more powerful than Carcharoth at base, which is sometihng we cannot gauge, another ambiguity but I am willing to bet she was higher end than him even then.

"Same thing goes for Narsil."

What does? its a sword swung by a human, it physically harmed Sauron. Humans can output relatively high pressure across a sword edge but its never going to cleave countries.

"I explained why, just because he didn't destroy countries, doesn't mean he can't."

Would you then agree then that just because Arthas never busted multiverses does not mean he cannot? That argument leads to a dead end. If your assertion is he can destroy countries, nay, if he can break so much as a large building or mountain then prove it, i suspect based on his size its reasonable to say Huan can at least smash a small building or house. You may be able to scale biting force and pressure from him teeth and claws from there.

"Huan fighting Sauron is not a reason to downgrade Sauron, rather a reason to upgrade Huan."

On the contrary its a pretty big issue, Sauron gets bested by a horse sized dog and has to flee, considering that was how he attempted to battle Huan I suspect he will just try turning into such forms here and be cleaved by Frostmourne or dominated by psychic powers or destroyed by death magic.

ThatCrimsonTomcat said:
Not sure how Sauron could harm Arthas, who seemed to be quite hard to defeat and was effectively immortal. He even removed his own heart if I recall (davy Jones style).
Sauron was also quite hard to defeat and was effectively immortal.

No doubt but his enemies generally did not have the power of mental domination, a soul devouring/containing sword and all the other many powers the Lich King has access to. Meanwhile the Lich King was finally brought down by the heroes who potentially have access to countless levels of powers and enchanted equipment.

I think Sauron has faced less (Huan, Narsil etc) and faired poorly compared to Arthas who has been the thorn in the side of a world/universe where there are generlaly far greater and more powerful beings.

"On the contrary its a pretty big issue, Sauron gets bested by a horse sized dog and has to flee, considering that was how he attempted to battle Huan I suspect he will just try turning into such forms here and be cleaved by Frostmourne or dominated by psychic powers or destroyed by death magic."

Its not a regular dog.

Plus, I gave you a Country level feat.

No it is a horse sized dog, i never said it was regular. If it was regular then Sauron would be street tier, I never said that.

What feat? Are you refering to Osse? What statement says Sauron has the physical strength of Osse who was effectively one with the waters he lifted Numenor out of or indeed, the durability?

Huan seems to make concrete the fact Sauron was not much of a Maiar in combat. Sauron is clearly more described as a schemer who twists the minds of others with his guile and obviously the ring.

This:

"Huan grabbed the greatest of the Maiar by the throat"

Refering to Sauron.

That means, Sauron scales to Osse, and Huan scales to Sauron

"I think Sauron has faced less (Huan, Narsil etc) and faired poorly compared to Arthas who has been the thorn in the side of a world/universe where there are generlaly far greater and more powerful beings."

There not one tier 2 character in Warcraft

Let's look at all the times Sauron has lost.

1) To Huan and Luthien

2) To the Army of the Valar that defeated Morgoth.

3) In combat against Gil-galad, Isildur, and Elendil.

4) Destruction of his ring.

Let's analyze these.

1: He was weakened after Luthien destroyed his tower, which he was magically tied to. The extent of this weakening is unknown. However, we do know that Luthien was powerful to put Morgoth to sleep, possibly with the aid of the Silmarils.

2. He was facing all the Ainur currently in existence. True, he was one of the strongest, if not the strongest Maiar, but he hardly had the power to defeat or even fight even a significant number of enemy Maiar at the same time.

3. He killed both Gil-Galad and Elendil before Isildur cut off his ring. It seems likely to me that Isildur got a lucky shot; it states that Gil-galad was killed simply by the heat of Sauron's skin, and Erendil also fell. Sauron likely got overconfident after disbatching the two more experienced warriors, giving Isildur the chance to cut off the ring.

4) The destruction of Sauron's ring was due to his own strategic mistakes; namely: having a ring in the first place, and secondly, leaving mount doom easily scaleable.

"That means, sauron scales to Osse, and Huan scales to Sauron"

Is that everything? A statement that says he was the greatest?

"There not one tier 2 character in Warcraft"

Not sure what you mean, between them Eru and all his Valar and their servants made the world of Arda. The Titans in Warcraft crafted many worlds including Azeroth over the centuries, so how would they not be comparable?

Meanwhile, everyone and their grandmother has some form of magic and power in Warcraft, meanwhile in Lord of the Rings magic is a rare gift usually held by the Elves and the Maiar. Few and far between, while mages in Warcraft are dime a dozen. In fact, I suspect Mordor would not even be a threat to Azeroth...as in, not at all if it plonked down with all its Orcs on the world.

"Same thing goes for Narsil."

What does? its a sword swung by a human, it physically harmed Sauron. Humans can output relatively high pressure across a sword edge but its never going to cleave countries.

Narsil is hardly a normal sword.

What do we know about Narsil exactly? If I recall its just a named sword, is there any statement that says it was empowered with country busting powers?

Forstmourne is no normal sword either, only I suspect it has more feats than narsil.

"Is that everything? A statement that says he was the greatest?"

And why should that be insufficent?

"Not sure what you mean, between them Eru and all his Valar and their servants made the world of Arda. The Titans in Warcraft crafted many worlds including Azeroth over the centuries, so how would they not be comparable?"

Creating planets is not nearly the same as creating universal concepts, as powerful as the titans are (And I have no doubt they are powerful), they cannot destroy space-time itself, damage perhaps, but not destroy.

"Meanwhile, everyone and their grandmother has some form of magic and power in Warcraft, meanwhile in Lord of the Rings magic is a rare gift usually held by the Elves and the Maiar. Few and far between, while mages in Warcraft are dime a dozen. In fact, I suspect Mordor would not even be a threat to Azeroth...as in, not at all if it plonked down with all its Orcs on the world. "

The orcs are utter fodder, completely nonthreatening compared to the gods tier of either verse.

"No it is a horse sized dog, i never said it was regular. If it was regular then Sauron would be street tier, I never said that."

Its not even a dog.

Calling it a dog is like calling Kratos a human and wanting the whole verse to be downgraded to 9-B because of it. Normal dogs can't talk.

Huan scales to Sauron, not the other way around.

"What do we know about Narsil exactly? If I recall its just a named sword, is there any statement that says it was empowered with country busting powers?"

Firstly, it was made by country busters.

Secondly, how do we know its not an outlier/PIS, even if it is a normal sword.

"You argued above that energy matters more than area of effect, so saying Arthas has to blow up a country to hurt him is nonsensical by your own logic. And I will not further discuss this whole "country level" Sauron further, not until you can decidedly prove Huan was outputting more than the force of a horse sized dog as I suspect."

He has to deliver enough energy to destroy a country.

"And why should that be insufficent?"

Why? Because the term "greatest" along with the phrase "he is the greatest" does not specify what is being gauged as great. For example I agree Sauron is the greatest of the maiar because among them he has managed to decieve time and time again, and his actions were the backbone of an entire series. He is the greatest deciever/manipilator.

Nobody implies at all he is physcially stronger than Osse if I recall.

"Creating planets is not nearly the same as creating universal concepts"

Ah well, who knows what they created, we know they empowered the conceptual beings in Azeroth (the dragon aspects) with but a portion of their power. Wherher they created concepts I do not know but they have power over them.

"cannot destroy space-time itself, damage perhaps, but not destroy."

I will pull a leaf out of your book and point out we do not know their upper limits. Whether they can damage or destroy space time I have no idea, only that they can create beings who play with time (Nozformu and his kin), travel it, change it, wapr it etc and they were blessed with but one titans powers.

"The orcs are utter fodder, completely nonthreatening compared to the gods tier of either verse."

Right, but they were enough for Middle earth to be plagued by them across the ages. Point being that fodder was a threat to the men and elves of midde earth to some degree, enough so for them to remain quite prevailent.

Swap ou the major factions such as Gondor, Rohan, the Dwarves with equivalent Azeroth factions and cities and they would have cleared out mordor long ago.

"Its not even a dog."

Big dog, big wolf, whats the difference?

"Calling it a dog is like calling Kratos a human and wanting the whole verse to be downgraded to 9-B because of it. Normal dogs can't talk."

Stop suggesting my argument is that its a normal dog, I never said that. Its a large dog, a large dog that can speak. This is all we can say for certain. It can beat another large dog. There is no feats for either or scaling of note, since everything they fight also is at best ambigious.

"Huan scales to Sauron, not the other way around."

Huan scales to whatever form he defeated. The form that did not seem that powerful. According to Tomcat Sauron may have even been weaker here. So at best, all of Saurons feats are from him being weak and none of them are very useful. Hes a spirit being who can manipulate people and when he takes material form gets bested or fails to humans and horse sized dogs. What more? Nothing really.

I stand by as I said before, psychic assaults and soul devouring swords would be new to him and a great threat in my opinion to a spirit creature like Sauron.

Nothing is new to him.

He has foresight.

And also, I know what you're thinking, but just because he failed to see the destruction of the one ring doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

Darkstalker had foresight so good he was nigh-omnisceint, yet he still wasn't able to see his own fate, same thing here, and both have the same solution:

PIS

Well

Maiar can, to a degree, manipulate objects they tie their souls to

So I think if Sauron's soul was absorbed by Arthas' sword, it would actually end up better for Sauron, since Sauron would then be able to manipulate it

That's more of a headcanon than something proveable, but when working with LotR magic, headcanons are pretty much all there is

As for psychic assault, that is something Sauron has done himself, so it's hardly new to him.

"And also, I know what you're thinking, but just because he failed to see the destruction of the one ring doesn't mean he doesn't have it."

To what degree has this been proven and when? PIS is an all well and good excuse but considering his flaws and issues are so many as Tomcat suggested during the war of the ring it seems uncanny. Maybe he only had foresight in certain forms and in certain time periods. The power of the maiar and even the valar seem to wax and wane through the books, especially the dark ones like Sauron and Morgoth.

He did not see Huan laying him low either did he, or any of those other issues. Perhaps his "foresight"is simple or flawed. Maybe not even any use at all when suddenly in direct combat with Arthas.

"Maiar can, to a degree, manipulate objects they tie their souls to"

To be fair, tying your soul to something on purpose and actually being devoured into said object may be two different things. Especially when Frostmourne is already aligned by a vast mind of great power for centuries. I cannot say its impossible but not as you said provable.

When did Sauron perform a psychic assault, I am comfortable in saying hes never actually resisted something like that himself since I cannot imagine his purer foes trying to mind dominate him (different from influencing/corruption).

MasterOfArda said:
Nothing is new to him.
He has foresight.

And also, I know what you're thinking, but just because he failed to see the destruction of the one ring doesn't mean he doesn't have it.

Darkstalker had foresight so good he was nigh-omnisceint, yet he still wasn't able to see his own fate, same thing here, and both have the same solution:

PIS
Darkstalker, like Sauron, was brought down by his own arrogance more then anything

However, Darkstalker is held in contempt on this wiki

@VoidReaper

"When did Sauron perform a psychic assault, I am comfortable in saying hes never actually resisted something like that himself since I cannot imagine his purer foes trying to mind dominate him (different from influencing/corruption)."

People in Lord of the rings are not goody two shoes like in other universes (Cough Cough once upon a time Cough).

They would be more then willing to use mental powers against Sauron. Also, mental offense implies mental defence.

"Also, mental offense implies mental defence."

Why? Its not impossible for someone to know how to attack in a certain way without being able to defend against it in kind. I do not think he has ever had to, therefore, its likely not provable that he could resist, let alone no sell the mind powers of the Lich King who was all about turning his enemies to his slaves.

I can imagine he would like Sauron as a servant. He would be most useful.

I believe that on this wiki, it is assumed that a character can withstand at least as much as they can dish out. I know this is based on Newton's third law, which doesn't apply to magic, but it is still doubtful that Sauron would be completely incapable of defending himself mentally.

"I believe that on this wiki, it is assumed that a character can withstand at least as much as they can dish out."

Really most unusual? so as long as you can do it you need not feats to resist beyond the fact you can do it? Well if that is an actual rule fair enough, may I see where this rule is described? if its not a rule then I would argue against it, afterall just because you are trained or proficient in something such as an offence it does not automatically mean you traned or are proficent in the defence.

Its like sorcerors in more or less any magical settingI can think of as an example, e.g. harry potter, DnD, Warcraft itself, they do not gain immunity or resistance to specific spells by sheer virtue of knowing how to cast a spell although it is possible they can learn to counter it, that is not always a given.

"still doubtful that Sauron would be completely incapable of defending himself mentally. "

Perhaps, the way i see it is logically it cannot be proven and although he has a great mind and can likely in my opinion resist others trying to be pervasive into his own not all mind powers work that way and true domination especially from a master may be another league entirely anyway.

I recall Sauron influencing, corrupting and decieving but I cannot recall him literally mind controlling his enemies. Maybe causing terror which i think was mentioned before, maybe even illusion but the Lich King if I recall actually mentally dominated and was known for this, even across continents/the other side of the world (Kelthuzard?)

What's wrong with your comment? The text is all big for some reason

Mental offence does not equal mental defense.

Physical force on the other hand (even higher dimensional "physical" force) generally does equal physical defense. Because of Newton's Third Law, every force must have an equal force in the opposite direction. If people did not have durability equal to the force they could output with an attack, they would damage themselves with their own attacks. For example, Guts with the berserker armour does not have durability equal to his AP because its explicitly stated that he actually tears his tendons and breaks his bones with every attack, because his body simply can't handle the force he is putting out.

Yes physical force makes sense, that is logical. If its not true then that its assumed those with magical or supernatural powers are resistant/immune by sheer virtue of possessing those powers I would ask for feats of resistance or at least a logical argument to begin with if no proof can be found, there is no reason we cannot just discuss it bare bones.

I am not an expert on either LOTR or Warcraft, but if there are no feats of resisting mind manipulation, we would not say the character has it

That being said, if the Arthas's mind hax was hypothetically that he hypnotised one street level character, we would not automatically assume it would work on the millenia old genius angel-like country-buster Sauron

This is from the Lich Kings pre-history;

"From the confines of the Frozen Throne, Ner'zhul began to reach out his vast consciousness and touch the minds of Northrend's native inhabitants. With little effort, he enslaved the minds of many indigenous creatures, including ice trolls and fierce wendigo, and he drew their evil brethren into his growing shadow. His psychic powers proved to be almost limitless, and he used them to create a small army that he housed within Icecrown's twisting labyrinths. As the Lich King mastered his growing abilities under the dreadlords' persistent vigil, he discovered a remote human settlement on the fringe of the vast Dragonblight. On a whim, Ner'zhul decided to test his powers on the unsuspecting humans."

So conteintenal enslavement of the minds of a large number of creatures. I do not think any of them had any more resistance to mind powers than Sauron though. His "almost limitless" psychic powers may be deadly to someone who has not ever had to resist their like.

Course if pure cleverness is enough to resist it Sauron may have a chance. Course, is Sauron consdiered "undead"? Hes a spiritual entity right so maybe he would fall under that which would make him even more vulnerable to the LK who as we all know dominates his undead hordes across the entire world.

First: LK is tons of times stronger than Planterary. Heck, bosses that are A HECK OF A LOT weaker than Ragnaros (Murmur) are Planetary. Then theres Ragnaros and TONS OF TIMES above him the likes of Kil'Jaeden, Deathwing and others who Arthas could possibly be above (After being weakened millions of times, Arthas still oneshotted all heroes when he wished to do so and lost only because The Light "possessed" Tirion), something no other villain could do. In fact, all other villains stood almost no chance against the heroes. Let's not forget the Lich King's true objective was to destroy the Burning Legion and Kil'Jaeden.

Second: If Sauron counts as Undead, LK's influence would suffice to win. After all, he is the LICH King, the Jailer of the Dead. He controls all undead through the Frozen Throne.

Third: Pretty sure this is a stomp, unless Sauron has hacks to bypass Arthas' immense advantages.

I know quite a lot of Warcraft lore, I could help revise a lot of the pages, actually.

Just pointing out that someone being called the "Lich" King does not grant them instant control over every undead ever. I don't see him controlling Thresh for example, and Sauron is not an undead linked to the frozen throne.

That would be great Anderson, I love warcraft and have read tons of the novels and played all the games (sometimes too much, curse you WoW) but I would be refering back to my memory years ago and some of it is foggy to say the least. I recall the original WoW website describing the Lich King as "The omnipotent lich King" which clearly I would not take literally since he is defeated but obviously his placing by the creators of his mythos hold him extremely high.

As you said Warcraft is full of powerhouses, any one of them could likely pose a threat unto themselves to Middle Earth during Saurons reign and yet despite all the Aspects, empowered beings, heroes and what not it took a lot of effort and time to eventually defeat the Lich King and even that was with incredible plot aids.

Also for those who handwave the undead the LK controls, note their numbers are vast across the entire world and their variety is equally large, including vastly powerful magic users such as liches and even dragons.

Of course, Sauron being an undead or being linked to the Frozen Throne is completely irrelevant in this case, seeing as controlling continents worth of creatures still seems like strong enough mind hax to affect Sauron

Well, if I would take a second attempt at scaling Warcraft, I'd need help. I might just go and create the thread now, but its gonna need quite the amount of time and resource of mine and those that wish to help to get there, because it gets really wonky at times.

I remember seeing statements such as "Arthas as the Lich King was never serious. If he were to use all his power from the start, before being weakened, he'd oneshot all beings of Azeroth and just win" and once someone even compared LK to Sargeras (obviously this was made a joke on the very same thread)

Anderson2003 said:
Well, if I would take a second attempt at scaling Warcraft, I'd need help. I might just go and create the thread now, but its gonna need quite the amount of time and resource of mine and those that wish to help to get there, because it gets really wonky at times.
I remember seeing statements such as "Arthas as the Lich King was never serious. If he were to use all his power from the start, before being weakened, he'd oneshot all beings of Azeroth and just win" and once someone even compared LK to Sargeras (obviously this was made a joke on the very same thread)
That is sort of true. Arthas had a habit of testing and toying with enemies. When he was done playing with the main heroes in the raid, he just killed them all in one move. 25 of the strongest people on the planet, instantly dead when he got bored with them. The whole fight and even the whole raid on his citadel until then was just to make us show him our full strength first.

Maybe saying "one-shot everything on Azeroth" is an overstatement, but I think if he didnt' screw around like that and give us time to unleash Deus ex Machina on him, he would've probably won. Some even think he'd have been able to hold his ground against Deathwing if he survived to the Cataclysm.

Rakanadyo said:
Some even think he'd have been able to hold his ground against Deathwing if he survived to the Cataclysm.
According to some guys on WoW forums, Alexstrasza and the aspects were afraid of Arthas. I actually find this rather intersting because Alexstrasza is at Northrend during WotLK and does nothing. There is also someone who said Deathwing postponed his Cataclysm due to Arthas.

Weird possibly false statements apart, Arthas as a Death Knight and weakened managed to singlehandedly kill Sapphiron, a elder child of Malygos. Personally, I place Arthas higher than Deathwing and on par with Kil'Jaeden considering the countless amount of feats he has even as a Death Knight. He killed Jaina's master, Mal'Ganis, Kel'Thuzad, Uther, Sylvanas, Sapphiron and defeated Illidan w/Skull of Gul'Dan, Kael'Thas and others. And as Lich King, he has more feats than any other WoW boss.

I am not sure he is on Kil'jaedens level, although not impossible but I do think hes beyond the Dragon aspects generally speaking who are extremely powerful in their own right. Although, i think they have had their own problems like the Chromatic dragons and the infinite dragon flight to worry about for a long time.

The Lich King's sole purpose of existing it to kill Kil'Jaeden and defeat the Burning Legion. Arthas at his fullest power should be near Kil'Jaeden's fullest power considering how they relate. Archimonde and Deathwing are about the same in power, tbh.

Also, help at the Revision Thread. I would be grateful if we found a way to scale Grom, Thrall, Arthas, Illidan, Malfurion, Jaina and others.

Ill help if I can but its a long time since I read the novels and played the games, if I think of something and I am not too busy ill come on down.

Oh, that is another thing I need to settle. If we are to use the Novels or the Source material, since in the games such as WC3, WoW and spinoffs, the battles operated in one way and to add drama and extension to them (filler), the Novels increased the challenge of them, such as Arthas vs Illidan and Arthas vs Kael'Thas. In the game, they were stomps to Arthas' favor. In the novel, Illidan lost due to cockiness and Kael'Thas was still stomped, even though he fought better.

Back