• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ark: Survival Evolved - Thread 2: General ability additions.

KieranH10

VS Battles
Retired
Ok, so, Ark thread 2, this time we'll be doing some minor general stuff, and some major other stuff. I'm gonna try and keep this as compact as possible, otherwise this thread would be enormous...

1) Titanosaur resistance:
The Titanosaur should get limited resistance to Sleep Manipulation due to Narcotics not working on it, it should be stated in it's weaknesses that enough blunt force/explosive power to its head has been known to put it to sleep

2) Immortality Type 2 & Regeneration:
All Creatures should have at least limited Type 2 Immortality due to being covered in huge cuts and blood during fights, and being capable of surviving indefinitely with spears and arrows through their skulls
- Evidence of this can be found here, here, here, and here, and to prove that this isn't Game Mechanics, here's a canon dossier with the creature illustrated to have arrows and spears sticking in it, not really caring.
  • They also regenerate from this over time giving Mid regen
    • This isn't combat applicable unless they're buffed, and even then it's kinda slow, so likely warrants a "limited" too.
3) Poison Wyverns:
Poison Wyverns should get Acid Manipulation
Their Dossier states that what they "unleash poisonous acid"

4) Tek Helmet:
Tek Helmet should give Automatic Translation as it can read the unknown language on Extinction.
The evidence can be found in this image.
The text shown in the screenshot is normally unreadable, the Tek Helmet allows Survivors to read the hidden messages from the ancient ruins.

SPECIMEN IMPLANT POWERS:
Note:
A lot of this stuff has a bunch of evidence to go with it. Instead of linking every single thing to the same page, i'll just mention it here. All evidence for the following section can be found in Helena's Explorer Notes. I have noted the relevant notes to the subjects with each point.

1) Dimensional Storage:

Inventories are addressed in dossiers.
  • Anky and DoedicurusDossiers state they can hold metal and stone "at reduced weight"
    • They do this in-game, carrying metal in their inventories at a reduced weight
    • These dossiers are written canonically by Helena, so this effect was viewed in the lore by the main characters
Interacting with the Obelisks and fighting bosses is done multiple times in the explorer notes, something that would require an inventory and Implant display to do:
  • Helena #21 (The Island) - Rockwell finds a way to interact with them
  • Helena #28 (The Island) - Nerva's army comes back with the head of the Dragon, meaning they accessed the Dragon arena, something that also happens in Nerva's note #26
  • Helena #22 (Scorched Earth) - Helena is aware of the Guardians, so has seen them before
We also get some minor in-game supporting evidence:
  • Inventory animation: When accessing any inventory, including others and Dinos, The Survivor lifts their arm and looks into their specimen implant, which lights up, then the interface shows up, when we leave the interface, the implant dims back down.
Also, the fact that creatures have an inventory to start with could indicate they have some form of implant of their own, which would also potentially give the creatures these other abilities too.

2) Immortality (Type 4):
  • The Ark creates and recreates creatures to make a forced ecosystem
    • Throughout Helena's notes, she consistently realises that the ecosystems shouldn't exist, and are being artificially forced to work
  • The Arks control their environment by reincarnating creatures and humans to force a population, if they did not do this then the environments would simply not exist
    • (The Island):
    • Helena #4-6 - first hints of Arks artificially keeping ecosystems
    • Helena #9- The Ocean ecosystem is separate
      • Helena #10 - they work the same
    • Helena #13 - "The Island is a zoo"
    • Helena #20 - Island is too small, population density too high, it should not exist "Someone put them there on purpose"
    • Helena #24 - Tries to find what is controlling the ecosystem
    • Helena #30 - Helena realises she's on an Ark
    • (Scorched Earth):
    • Helena #6 - "The station can feed or, replace the Death Worms"
      • This is almost certainly what is happening to the Survivor and other creatures too
    • (Aberration)
    • Helena #17- Recalls that she learned about the station making creatures on the Island, and finds the chambers
      • This is evidence that Survivors remember stuff after being recreated
    • Helena #18 - Helena and the group find the Human chambers
    • Throughout Helena's ascensions, even after being completely deconstructed by the Arks like the Survivor was, she remembers everything she had previously done in the other Arks, including learning how to use firearms, meeting others, and researching dinos.
      • More evidence of Survivors retaining memories
  • The Survivors Implant also keeps engrams, statistics, and more throughout ascensions and deaths.
    • This is further proof that the Implant remembers who you are, and will reconstruct you as you were, not replace you with some other creature.
  • The Overseer arena shows multiple chambers, each holding the different species of their Ark, including Humans
    • Helena claims that the group realised that the human chambers resembled the group, Helena realises that they are created by the Arks (Helena #17 & 18 (Aberration))

• Creatures in the Arks are completely used to captivity
    • Helena #19"Have been domesticated for decades at least"
      • Indicates that the Creatures are either altered by Overseers, or are simply used to captivity due to reincarnating from past lives in captivity
      • We don't know if creatures retain memories, so I'll admit this one could be either
Immortality TLDR:
So with all of this evidence, it's pretty clear that the Arks rebuild their creatures if they die (including Survivors), to force an eternal ecosystem, giving Survivors time to ascend to the next Ark. While in any other case this would likely simply be a power of the Arks themselves, the fact that our Survivor Implants keep our memories and attributes (Stats & Engrams in-game), shows that we are not being replaced, but recreated, with our memories and attributes in tact, so it applies to those being recreated, I.E. Survivors and potentially creatures. (Though, we have no evidence of creatures retaining memories)

3) Accelerated Development:
Every creature on the Ark already grows at a much faster rate

• Helena #17, 19 (The Island)
    • Supported in-game
  • The Survivor Implant allows Survivors to increase their stats much faster than a normal human
    • Survivors can increase the same stats that have been proven canon above, such as weight, which we've proven Anky's and other creatures do have. It would be unreasonable to assume the other stats aren't also canon.
    • Survivors can also increase creatures stats, including Ankys, so this is pretty clear cut, as Anky's are our proof that inventories are canon.

Last edited:
Don't Forget that the Dossiers talk about Mammoths are able to carry more Wood in their Inventory like Ankys with Stone. Also, I agree with all of this.

Unfortunately the new TLC edited the Mammoth's dossier slightly to emphasize it's more prominent new abilities. So the Mammoth can no longer be used for evidence, it was on the evidence list before the TLC tho, kinda annoying that they removed it.

Unfortunately the new TLC edited the Mammoth's dossier slightly to emphasize it's more prominent new abilities. So the Mammoth can no longer be used for evidence, it was on the evidence list before the TLC tho, kinda annoying that they removed it.
Well ****.

Ikr.
Anky's and Doedicurus are still acknowledged by Helena though, so it isn't major.

Am good with everything but the immortality for the critters

In the wild whales and stuff have withstood being stabbed by harpoons (Some carrying witht hem) and bears have survived direct gunshotm wounds

It's a sign of stamina and musculature preventing more seriously damaging effects

The Daedon example also doesn't work since that same dossier notes Daeodon's regenerative properties

The animals also have no reaol evidence of outright reincarnation unlike the Survivors so it's more likely that and the "unnatural ecosystem) refer to the Overseers manipulating the contained ecosystem of the Arks rather then implying all the Dinos are just able to ressurect like Survivors

Also Rockwell could probably do with his speech from the Genesis trailer (It's a goody)

The examples you bring up with real world creatures withstanding this stuff aren't directly through the head of creatures, as shown in the Raptor example, the spears go through the skull, coming out the other side. Daeodons example would be a lower end of this I guess and either way supports the Regen. The examples given were simply quick screenshots, there's other creatures such as Dilos who can survive with Spears going in one side of their head and coming out the other, which would be fatal to any real world creature.

I noted that Creatures have little evidence of Reincarnation, so I suppose it's true that it isn't fair to just assume they're the same case.

Completely agree.

Again tho those are mostly gameplay occurrences SO i pointed out the lore example not fitting this

I will see if any other dossiers elude to the Immortality as there could be others.

Ok, there's a few more dossiers that could elude to immortality:
  • The Kentro is shown impaling a creature in it's Dossier, something it can also do in-game, the creatures survive this impalement in the game.
  • The Leedsichthys is shown with dozens of spears and more sticking into it in it's dossier, though this could be a similar case to real whales as you brought up earlier
  • The Mantis dossier shows it impaling a guy, add this onto the Kentros evidence of surviving impaling, and this could be supporting evidence. But it is unknown whether the dude is alive or not, but we should be able to assume he is via the Kentros evidence
  • The Stego, much like the Kentro, is capable of impaling creatures with its tail as of the new TLC. The creatures survive this impalement too, and this ability is also brought up in its Dossier.
  • The Trike is also shown impaling a Rex in several places in its dossier
  • And the Dossier for Corrupted Creatures mentions they can go beyond their physical limits, but this isn't fully evaluated on.

God, it ******* sucks that there's only 4 of us that know anything about this damn series. Makes CRTs Hell to go through.

xD
we'll get through it.
I'll ask some staff to comment here soon so we can conclude this asap.

I think everyone is fine with this, aside from the Immortality for creatures, as Hellbeast has brought up.

It seems no one has any more disagreements. I will apply the changes now.

I have applied the changes, this thread can be closed now. Thanks everyone for helping out.

Back