• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Argument for Negi Springfield (Mahou Sensei Negima) Tier Increase

In light of UQ Holder showing the final battle that Mahou Sensei Negima skipped over, I think there's an argument for upgrading Negi Springfield (Negima) to 6-C.

First, here's a picture of Negi's new spell:

https://i.imgur.com/hsZitQt.jpg

The asteroid pictured is stated to be 50 kilometers in diameter, making the blast at least small island level. The person he is using it on, Nagi/Lifemaker, completely no-sells it; afterwards, Negi fights evenly with him for several hours. It is then revealed that Negi had been holding back the whole time out of unwillingness to actually kill his father; after he stopped holding back, he manages to overwhelm Nagi/Lifemaker in a charge and punch straight through his chest:

https://i.imgur.com/SltDr3w.jpg

Since Negi has shown himself able to punch straight through someone who easily no-sold a small island sized attack, I feel we should upgrade his Negima incarnation to 6-C.

dude we need to first calc it second mage of beginning was controling the meteor as its own being iirc so we may need to know the size of meteor too but yes negi does scale to nagi (possessed)

Welp, 50 km of diameter is a volume of 6.545*10^12 m^3, minimal density of meteorites is 4000 kg/m^3, so the weight would be 2.618*10^17 kg. Minimal speed for meteorites at atmospheric entry is 11 km/s, so energy would be 2.618*10^17/2*11000^2 = 1.5839*10^25 J = 3.7856 Petatons (Continent level+).

Can you post that as a calculation blog please? Although the result does seem exaggerated for an explosive blast of that magnitude. It is the entire asteroid that is 50 km in diameter after all, not the attack.

It seems that Weekly is already doing it, and his result is pretty similar to the mine (besides using a lower density value). Isn't that much exaggerated from a mthematical point of view, this meteorite is 125 times bigger than the one that killed the dinosaurs, so it should be 125 more powerful than that one (not quite since we low-balled the speed, but you got the idea).

Well, this is not about being hit with the meteor though. They were simply fighting on it. Calculating the size of the explosion seems more appropriate.

In theory, the explosion doesn't differ much from the KE of the impact, and if they were hitted directly by the meteorite, then it should scale. If they were no hit directly, then not sure how calculate the energy that stroke them (can't scale weight of tnt cuz the theory that I got is just valid in Earth atmosphere and gravity, and it appears that they are in the moon).

They were not hit by the meteorite as far as I remember. They were simply fighting while standing on it.

If they were standing on it when that explosion occurred then the KE yield would likely still apply

@Weekly, ah ya, is Continent+

@Antvasima, welp, we still can us the "At most" since not sure there's no apparent way to calculate that.

Here's the feat of Negi and Asuna(only needed her power of White of Mars to put the Lifemaker's existence down for good, so most of the force of this feat is mainly him) busting the Meteor as collateral for killing the Lifemaker.

Negi and Asuna Meteor bust 1

Negi and Asuna Meteor bust 2

It's the same Meteor with the Diameter of 50km. The first scan is them attacking the Lifemaker and the second scan is right after with the explosion from their attack(side characters from 100s to 1000s of km away felt the blast).

@Anto, Not a planet but my bad for mixing it up, it's an Asteroid not a Meteor.

@Weekly, If it helps give a clear view of the feat and doesn't take away from your other projects and such then go for it :D

@Sage I mean that explosion you just posted is easily in the tier 5 range, does it apply to any characters?

So let me see, there was a meteorite/asteroid coming to a planet/planetoid/moon, it crashed, and then the people in another planet/moon watch it explode. Is that right? Cuz the meteorite showed in OP clearly crashed against the celestial body, so it couldn't have been destroyed as the other panel showed.

@ Weekly, It applies to the Lifemaker(Nagi and Negi versions), Negi, Nagi and possibly Asuna(she helped with the attack but how much of the force outside of her White or Mars' hax is unknown) and possibly Jack(due to him trading blows with this Lifemaker and normally seen to be around Nagi and Negi's level). Not sure if this scales to Fate or Eva(most likely does not) but I don't think we have pages for them either.

@Anto What crashed into the Asteroid in the OP was Negi's new spell(this is the page right before the first page in the OP)

Here:

Negi's new spell

Let me make the scenario clearer. There is only one Planetoid, the Agartha Asteroid with a diameter of 50km(which Lifemaker-Nagi has fully taken over). Negi's spell created the the explosion in the first pic in the OP. Second pic in the OP is Negi beating Lifemaker-Nagi.

Then the Lifemaker comes out of Nagi and then the two initial pages I posted happen. Characters 100s to 1000s km away on a fragmented rock formation in space watched the explosion from a distance.

So... There's no meteorite? I though that the pic in OP were the impact of a meteorite, but is only a laser that extend to space. The asteroid is the "planet" where they are fighting, right? And is 50 km of diameter.

Basically yes.

There is no meteorite and the blast was Negi's spell. And what they are fighting on is an asteroid with a diameter of 50km which was destroyed when Negi and Asuna destroyed the Lifemaker. Destruction of said asteroid can be felt by characters 100s of km away due to the force of dispersion of the asteroid's small fragments.

In that case, no KE is requiered, we need the GBE of the asteroid to find the lowest end for destroying it. In ordee to do that, we need the gravity or density of the asteroid, is there any info about it?

That's a bit harder to figure out. I don't remember anything being stated about it's density. The only things known about the asteroid is that it's a natural asteroid that was taken over by the Lifemaker's magic and it's diameter.

Gravity is also not stated but from how it was taken over by the Lifemaker(knows all magic which would include gravity magic) and characters showing no use of gravity magic to steady themselves while on it we can be assumed it gained some sort of gravity relative to the natural gravity a human endures.

But that is really an assumption on my part since the series has gravity magic but it was not used to steady themselves on the asteroid so I would think the asteroid gained some sort of gravity but I'm not sure. Though a few of them can fly in space so the possibility of them using passive low tier gravity magic is there.

I can do that, but it seems like the gravity in the asteroid is similar to Earth, I could be wrong of course. Anyway, GBE of the asteroid with average density is (3000/5515)^2*(25/6371)^5*2.24*10^32 = 6.1668*10^19 J = 14.7391 Gigatons.

I'm hesitant to apply the full asteroid breaking feat to Negi; it's done using a special form (ME Sword with giant symbols on both sides) that he can only do with Asunas help, as well as with Asuna directly helping (and she's probably been training in the 5 month time skip too, so who knows how strong she is now), and its mechanics aren't explained beyond the visual clues and it being a combo of the Black of Mars and White of Venus.

The large explosion from Negi's spell might be a safer minimum for his destructive power, even if he was holding back an unknown amount.

@Fwahm The explosion was also lessen greatly since Lifemaker-Nagi tanked the full attack. Also the ME sword attack is only the mixing of the White of Mars and Black of Venus(which is the only way to put the Lifemaker down for good), the actually force of that swing is logically mainly Negi's physical power due to Asuna being 2 tiers lower than him in Negima/Uq Holder strength scaling. But I understand why you're hesitant.

Couldn't you simply divide the GBE of the asteroid by two as an approximation, since both Negi and Asuna were helping out?

Thank you for being willing to help out in any case.

@Antoniofer

Would you be willing to perform a calculation of shattering the asteroid?

Negi and Nagi!Lifemaker are in a tier of their own at this point, so there shouldn't be any scaling other than to each other. Rakan managed to deflect one spell, but he and Fate can't keep up with these two. Evangline might be able to at full power, but we don't have any evidence one way or the other, and that would be due to her ME's special ability instead of her stats.

Actually @Antvasima, whe don't have any constant for asteroid/meteorite fragmentation, it seems to vary depending of its density. I can find some with enought time, but it would be another day.

@Antoniofer

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Ok, I was investigating and it seems that the metalic meteorite are mostly made of iron and nickel, and the alloy most common in meteorites is Kamacite. Internet only give me compressive and tensile strength, or just pulverization constant (we don't use tensile strength), so I got:

So even using the higher constant, we got 9.8175*10^16 J = 23.4643 Megatons (City level); I think that GBE would be better since several asteroid possesses molted cores, and thus, a certain level of gravity and magnetic field.

GBE might be better, yes.

Ive been meaning to ask someone for a while to make a UQ Holder page. The manga has ton of information and the anime just started a couple weeks ago.

Back