• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

𝗔𝗿𝗰𝗲𝘂𝘀 𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗹𝗲𝘀𝘀

Sniper670

He/Him
The Pokémon Cosmology has hinted its way larger than where we tier it.

BUDDHISM AS A CONCEPT WITHIN POKÉMON

First is the Existence is Buddha worship within the cosmology. Something that has existed since Gen 1.
Buddhist alter has being a thing within the cosmology. Censored in the English Version, but the Japanese version is the Original
20230129_160859.jpg

Now, things existing in the verse doesn't mean anything if the system behind it does not exist.

And in Pokémon, it does

Amitābha is a Buddhist Monk within the Pokémon Cosmology. In case anyone missed it, the phrase Clefairy mentioned "なんまいだ" , which was used to exorcise Gastly are words chanted to seek the divine protection of Amitabha Buddha, who is literally the Buddha in the panels. Ie. He's literally a thing in Pokémon and his power was used to exorcise Gastly

POCKET_MONSTERS_-_V01_-_160-161.png

De_boeddha_Amida-Rijksmuseum_AK-MAK-294.jpeg.jpeg

STORY ABOUT AMITABHA

Amitābha has attained Buddhahood, meaning that the 10 realms exists within the cosmology as well as Sukhāvatī, which is his Pure Land.
Screenshot_20230130_201647.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_200755.jpg

He transcends time and space, as well as the three realms
Screenshot_20230130_203638.jpg

In case anyone doesn't know what the three realms are.

Screenshot_20230130_204125.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_204324.jpg

Buddhahood is, it is the highest of the 10 realms in Buddhist cosmology
Screenshot_20230129_162001.jpg

Buddhahood is beyond the limits of the mind, life and death or dualities. Completely Apophatic and irreducible to words or concepts. It is neither Nirvana nor Samsara.
Screenshot_20230129_165448.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_162910.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_162920.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_163935.jpg

SUPPORTING
Pumpkaboo's dex entry

1.(漢字) 成仏できない 魂を カボチャの 体に 入れている。日暮れと ともに 動きはじめる。

It is said to transport wandering souls to the world where the dead dwell in order to bring them to Buddhahood.

2. (漢字) 成仏できない 魂を カボチャの 体に 入れている。日暮れと ともに 動きはじめる。

(Kanji) The souls of those who cannot attain Buddhahood are placed in the body of a pumpkin. They begin to move at nightfall.

Bramblin's dex entry

成仏できない 魂が 風に 吹かれているうち 枯草を 巻き込んで ポケモンになった。

As the souls that could not attain Buddhahood were blown by the wind, they became pokémon, coiled up in the dead grass.

Buddhahood (成仏)
Screenshot_20230130_202254.jpg

CONCLUSION
The Buddhist Cosmology exists within Pokémon, as showcased by the existence of Amitābha, who attained Buddhahood, the 10th realm in Buddhist cosmology, with Clefairy being able to actually affect Pokémon with his power, as well as souls in Pokémon being able to actually attain Buddhahood as well

List of abilities
1. Due to everything at Buddhahood level and above being Apophatic, transcendent of time and space and even the three realms:
The Heart(0) > Buddha Arceus(High 1A) > Transcendent Buddhas (1A)

Transduality Type 3 for Heart and Arceus. Type 2 for Buddhahood beings

Nonexistent Physiology Type 2 for everyone, all aspect types as well.

Immortality Type 5 for Buddhahood beings

Agree: @Hasty12345

Disagree:

I'm Gay:

Last edited:
First of all NOTHING here qualifies for tier 0 neither does it qualify for Outerversal, I think you should read the tiering system well.

Secondly, Amithaba irl is not Amithaba & Buddhahood in Pokémon. You're just using non cannon definitions to wank Pokémon verse
Nobody is going to take you seriously.

First of all NOTHING here qualifies for tier 0 neither does it qualify for Outerversal, I think you should read the tiering system well.

Secondly, Amithaba irl is not Amithaba & Buddhahood in Pokémon. You're just using non cannon definitions to wank Pokémon verse
I take it very seriously. This isn't wank.

Apophatic over Apophatic over Apophatic is literally inaccessible above one another. It's easily 0.

Apophatic in relation to the higher realms plus superiority over conceptions or thoughts are 1A. Then it goes higher from there
Secondly, Amithaba irl is not Amithaba & Buddhahood in Pokémon.
Prove it.

Buddhahood actually exists in verse, which is the 10th realm is Buddhist cosmology, with Amitabha being a Buddha who has attained it, his statue being the thing there. He has attained Buddhahood.

Ans Clefairy used his power to actually exorcise Gastly , and that's the exact same incantation that is used to call forth the power of Amitabha to protect people

All this supported by souls actually being able to attain Buddhahood and we go back to the Buddha in question
You're just using non cannon definitions to wank Pokémon verse
Non canon definition? What do you mean by this
But you are

Apophatic over Apophatic over Apophatic is literally inaccessible above one another. It's easily 0.

Apophatic in relation to the higher realms plus superiority over conceptions or thoughts are 1A. Then it goes higher from there

Prove it.

Buddhahood actually exists in verse, which is the 10th realm is Buddhist cosmology, with Amitabha being a Buddha who has attained it, his statue being the thing there. He has attained Buddhahood.

Ans Clefairy used his power to actually exorcise Gastly , and that's the exact same incantation that is used to call forth the power of Amitabha to protect people

All this supported by souls actually being able to attain Buddhahood and we go back to the Buddha in question

Non canon definition? What do you mean by this

But you are
What is Aphophatic?
How does it relate to logically exceeding all logical foundations of H1A?

That isn't 1A.

Can't prove a Negative, that's illogical
Buddhahood existing in the verse ≠ outerversal or tier 0, that's a godly wank

Using incantations ≠ tier 0
We don't scale by incantations, but rather by credible statements and feats

Give more context on "attaining Buddhahood" and how it helps in exceeding outerversal Structures/characters IN THE VERSE, and pls make sure they are canon materials

What I mean by "non canon" is you using definitions completely outside the verse/ not stated by the author to support your wank, drop direct statements of realms/structures that qualifies for those tiers above and not a definition that wasn't stated by author.

No one is going to take your wank seriously. And no I'm not even being serious about this

What is Aphophatic?

That isn't 1A.

Give more context on "attaining Buddhahood" and how it helps in exceeding outerversal Structures/characters IN THE VERSE, and pls make sure they are canon materials

What I mean by "non canon" is you using definitions completely outside the verse/ not stated by the author to support your wank, drop direct statements of realms/structures that qualifies for those tiers above and not a definition that wasn't stated by author.

No one is going to take your wank seriously. And no I'm not even being serious about this
you should look at where this was posted

Yo i just got on my computer and i just now realized how big the pictures are lmao they are like size 99999 font on my laptop haha

What is Aphophatic?
Apophatic Theology is beyond categories or anything of sorts
That isn't 1A.

Buddha's who create Pure Lands are Apophatic beings beyond the higher dimensionality within the cosmology and thus 1A.

Apophatic Theology is beyond the logical foundation of anything below 1A. Anything Apophatic to 1A is beyond the foundation of 1A and so on.

That is proof that the Buddha actually exists and is not just a theoretical thing, as his power was used to exorcise a Pokémon
Nah. I sent scan of what it meant. How it's explained in verse. There's no room for interpretation of what it is because Amitabha is literally in the verse

By your logic, everything in any fictional work would would need to be explained within the fictional work. Water is not water anymore? Or fire is not fire unless the fictional work says fire is supposed to burn?

What you're saying would make sense if there's a statement "I'm beyond maths", obviously this wouldn't grant anything unless the cosmology is a mathematical one.

In this case Buddhahood actually exists in the verse. Dunno what you mean by how it's explained in the verse as if we don't apply irl definitions to the things we see in the fictional works here

And in this case a character who has attained Buddhahood irl exists within the cosmology, with souls being able to attain Buddhahood being mentioned multiple times IE. The system that facilitates his attainment of Buddhahood exists within Pokémon itself and is not simply theoretical
Mwahahaha. But you are

Apophatic Theology is beyond categories or anything of sorts

Buddha's who create Pure Lands are Apophatic beings beyond the higher dimensionality within the cosmology and thus 1A.

Apophatic Theology is beyond the logical foundation of anything below 1A. Anything Apophatic to 1A is beyond the foundation of 1A and so on.

That is proof that the Buddha actually exists and is not just a theoretical thing, as his power was used to exorcise a Pokémon

Nah. I sent scan of what it meant. How it's explained in verse. There's no room for interpretation of what it is because Amitabha is literally in the verse

By your logic, everything in any fictional work would would need to be explained within the fictional work. Water is not water anymore? Or fire is not fire unless the fictional work says fire is supposed to burn?

What you're saying would make sense if there's a statement "I'm beyond maths", obviously this wouldn't grant anything unless the cosmology is a mathematical one.

In this case Buddhahood actually exists in the verse. Dunno what you mean by how it's explained in the verse as if we don't apply irl definitions to the things we see in the fictional works here

And in this case a character who has attained Buddhahood irl exists within the cosmology, with souls being able to attain Buddhahood being mentioned multiple times IE. The system that facilitates his attainment of Buddhahood exists within Pokémon itself and is not simply theoretical

Mwahahaha. But you are
Welcome to Funs and Games section of vbswiki
What game would you like to play today?

The Pokémon Cosmology has hinted its way larger than where we tier it.

BUDDHISM AS A CONCEPT WITHIN POKÉMON

First is the Existence is Buddha worship within the cosmology. Something that has existed since Gen 1.
Buddhist alter has being a thing within the cosmology. Censored in the English Version, but the Japanese version is the Original
20230129_160859.jpg

Now, things existing in the verse doesn't mean anything if the system behind it does not exist.

And in Pokémon, it does

Amitābha is a Buddhist Monk within the Pokémon Cosmology. In case anyone missed it, the phrase Clefairy mentioned "なんまいだ" , which was used to exorcise Gastly are words chanted to seek the divine protection of Amitabha Buddha, who is literally the Buddha in the panels. Ie. He's literally a thing in Pokémon and his power was used to exorcise Gastly

POCKET_MONSTERS_-_V01_-_160-161.png

De_boeddha_Amida-Rijksmuseum_AK-MAK-294.jpeg.jpeg

STORY ABOUT AMITABHA

Amitābha has attained Buddhahood, meaning that the 10 realms exists within the cosmology as well as Sukhāvatī, which is his Pure Land.
Screenshot_20230130_201647.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_200755.jpg

He transcends time and space, as well as the three realms
Screenshot_20230130_203638.jpg

In case anyone doesn't know what the three realms are.

Screenshot_20230130_204125.jpg

Screenshot_20230130_204324.jpg

Buddhahood is, it is the highest of the 10 realms in Buddhist cosmology
Screenshot_20230129_162001.jpg

Buddhahood is beyond the limits of the mind, life and death or dualities. Completely Apophatic and irreducible to words or concepts. It is neither Nirvana nor Samsara.
Screenshot_20230129_165448.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_162910.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_162920.jpg

Screenshot_20230129_163935.jpg

SUPPORTING
Pumpkaboo's dex entry

1.(漢字) 成仏できない 魂を カボチャの 体に 入れている。日暮れと ともに 動きはじめる。

It is said to transport wandering souls to the world where the dead dwell in order to bring them to Buddhahood.

2. (漢字) 成仏できない 魂を カボチャの 体に 入れている。日暮れと ともに 動きはじめる。

(Kanji) The souls of those who cannot attain Buddhahood are placed in the body of a pumpkin. They begin to move at nightfall.

Bramblin's dex entry

成仏できない 魂が 風に 吹かれているうち 枯草を 巻き込んで ポケモンになった。

As the souls that could not attain Buddhahood were blown by the wind, they became pokémon, coiled up in the dead grass.

Buddhahood (成仏)
Screenshot_20230130_202254.jpg

CONCLUSION
The Buddhist Cosmology exists within Pokémon, as showcased by the existence of Amitābha, who attained Buddhahood, the 10th realm in Buddhist cosmology, with Clefairy being able to actually affect Pokémon with his power, as well as souls in Pokémon being able to actually attain Buddhahood as well

List of abilities
1. Due to everything at Buddhahood level and above being Apophatic, transcendent of time and space and even the three realms:
The Heart(0) > Buddha Arceus(High 1A) > Transcendent Buddhas (1A)

Transduality Type 3 for Heart and Arceus. Type 2 for Buddhahood beings

Nonexistent Physiology Type 2 for everyone, all aspect types as well.

Immortality Type 5 for Buddhahood beings

Agree: @Hasty12345

Disagree:

I'm Gay:
all that just for shinra to transcend

🍜
Uwhat? You thought this was real?

Why yes, Of course these are concepts within the cosmology.

It all depends on whether Game Freak explores it or not. For now, enjoy F&G

I'm pretty sure the idea of IRL religions in the series was dropped long ago, early installment weirdness moment.

Back