• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Aragorn
VS
Jaime Lannister

Probably the two best combatants individually of their respective histories (obviously in the time that they pass) and their races (although Aragorn has some elvish blood we leave it like a man).

Conditions

• The Aragorn after the end of the War of the Ring, will wear the armor that He uses in the Battle of the Black Gate and Anduril.
  • Jaime with his armor and sword that always porto in history. It will be Jaime before he gets caught and loses his hand.
  • There will be two scenarios. In the first all the skills shown in the films and series of both franchises. In the second taking into account not only that but all the mentions of the books.

To be honest I'm not fully knowledgeable about Aragorn. From what I know he is a tad bit stronger and more durable. (I personally doubt his speed but eh) He also possesses greater experience, while Jaime is more skilled, but only by a bit.

As much as I prefer A Song of Ice and Fire, I must give this to Aragorn with mid-high difficulties thanks to his greater physique and experience while having comparable if somewhat inferior skills.

George RR Martin himself said Jaime could take Aragorn in a sword fight. A much as I don't want to believe that, he's the most reliable source we can get. Still, Jaime in the show is quite underwhelming.

So I'll give it to Aragorn for the first scenario (this round discounts the books right?) and Jaime for round 2.

However this ends, it can't be added. Only canon info can be used. If you want to make ti so we can add it, use exclusively the books.

Aragor, due to stats verging on superhuman and decades more experience. The characters in LoTR just seem more powerful in general than the more realistic GoT characters. Jaime could take this if he gets lucky, but it should go Aragorn's way at least 75% of the time.

"Probably the two best combatants individually of their respective histories (obviously in the time that they pass) and their races (although Aragorn has some elvish blood we leave it like a man)."

Drogo > Jaime.

DivineTedrius said:
George RR Martin himself said Jaime could take Aragorn in a sword fight. A much as I don't want to believe that, he's the most reliable source we can get. Still, Jaime in the show is quite underwhelming.

So I'll give it to Aragorn for the first scenario (this round discounts the books right?) and Jaime for round 2.
Why would we trust the word of an author of a rival series hahahah

It's like if Alex Hirsch said Bill Cipher can take Asriel in a fight. We can't just believe it hahaha

It's like if Alex Hirsch said Bill Cipher can take Asriel in a fight. We can't just believe it hahaha

Does Martin have something against Tolkien?

Does Martin have something against Tolkien?

No, If anything Martin loves Tolkien. However, he basically made GOT after he was inspired by LOTR. We can't really take his word for it

Back