• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
AquaCG2-1
Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B

Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Energy Projection, Time Manipulation (in the form of slowing down and stopping time), Electromagnetism and Gravity Manipulation, Afterimage Creation, Elemental Manipulation, Teleportation, Telekinesis, Spatial Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Healing, Forcefield Creation, Transmutation, The ability to blind, confuse, and put her foes to sleep with magic, Expert Swordswoma, Can boost her stats tremendously via various Command Styles and D-Links, Can breathe in space

Attack Potency: Solar System level (Bested Ventus-Vanitas, who at the time wielded the completed ¤ç-Blade, an object presumably equal to a complete Kingdom Hearts and even stronger than Twilight Xemnas, who had only merged with a broken Kingdom Hearts, defeated both Hades and the Ice Titan who should both measure up to Zeus, is one of the most powerful magic users in the series rivaling the likes of those such as King Mickey and Maleficent)

Speed: Massively FTL+ (Managed to keep up with Vanitas and Terra-Xehanort in a duel, capable of traveling between worlds [Which each reside in different solar systems] in short periods of time, fought and defeated Monstro who vastly outpaced the Highwind in KH1 [The Highwind has shown to be capable of travering between worlds, which exist in different solar systems, in merely 130 seconds])

Lifting Strength: Class M+

Striking Strength:
Class XPJ (Countered strikes from and physically held her ground against Ventus-Vanitas and Terranort, even managing to overpower the former after an extended clash of Keyblades)

Durability: Solar System level (survived the explosive destruction of the ¤ç-Blade, which likely held power greater than that of even Twilight Xemnas)

Stamina: Immense, has survived in the Realm of Darkness, which is a desolate land of endless Heartless (Which would force her to fight for her life essentially every waking moment), for over a decade

Range: Extended melee range with regular attacks, Several dozen meters with Keyblade telepathy, Several thousand kilometers with magic

Standard Equipment: Various recovery items such as Potions, Ethers, and Elixirs

• Keyblade: By channeling one's strength of heart, the user can summon a Keyblade to use in battle. Through use of the Keyblade, the user is granted increased strength, speed, durability, and increased magical power. Aqua's Keyblade is Rainfell, a Keyblade from the Realm of Light. It lacks in reach, but offers a balanced boost to both physical attacks and magical attacks. It is later transformed into the Stormfell, offering greater reach and even greater boosts to her attacks. After losing it and her armor upon failing to save Terra from Xehanort's influence, she begins wielding Eraqus's Keyblade, the Master's Defender, an even more potent Keyblade with excellent reach.
  • Keyblade Armor: Normally kept as a simple shoulder plate when not in use, Aqua can activate it at any time by placing his hand on it, covering her from head to toe in a futuristic suit of armor with silver, black, navy-blue, and dun highlights. This suit of armor protects Aqua from the Darkness and attacks that would directly target the Heart (soul) in addition to letting her survive the vacuum of space. She lost it to Terra-Xehanort while trying to save Terra's heart, with it resting inside a hidden chamber in Castle Oblivion ever since.
Intelligence: The first among her friends to be recognized as a Keyblade Master, Aqua is an extremely accomplished Keyblade wielder. Specializing in the use of magic, Aqua gracefully dances around the battlefield while pelting foes with a variety of powerful spells, being arguably the most skilled Keyblade Wielder in the series short of Master Xehanort in this regard. She fights with almost dance-like grace, gliding and cartwheeling around the battlefield, utilizing unique variations of the common magic spells and specializing in the use of water, ice, and light in particular.

Weaknesses: None notable

Notable Attacks/Techniques

Command Styles
Command Styles are special forms that Aqua and her friends can use by repeatedly using specific types of attacks. Once activated, they provide a dramatic boost to their combat abilities and often imbue their attacks with elemental properties.

• Spellweaver: Aqua uses the power of light to telekinetically control her Keyblade and increase her magical power and attack range. Her finisher has her assault foes with balls of light as she attacks with her Keyblade and finishing foes with a pirouette that releases arcs of magic.
  • Ghost Drive: Aqua's channels the power of darkness to drastically increase her speed and allow her to blitz opponents with swift rushing attacks and bursts of teleportation.
Shotlocks
Shotlocks are powerful abilities that allow Aqua to lock on to multiple targets or focus on a single target before unleashing a powerful barrage of attacks on all of them, dealing massive damage in the process.

• Bubble Blaster: Aqua unleashes a torrent of bubbles from the tip of her Keyblade, dealing explosive water damage to all foes caught by them.
  • Prism Rain: Aqua fires several salvos of colorful homing projectiles that converge on the target to deal heavy magic damage.
  • Lightbloom: Aqua's most powerful Shotlock, she spins around while firing homing blasts of light in all directions, dealing massive damage to all foes caught by this attack.
Finishers and Exclusive Attacks

• Barrier: Unlike her friends, Aqua generates an omnidirectional barrier to block incoming attacks instead of blocking them with her Keyblade, leaving no blind spots.
    • Barrier Surge: Aqua rushes forward while casting Barrier, deflecting incoming attacks and knocking aside foes in the process.
  • Glacier: One of Aqua's strongest attacks, she flash freezes all nearby enemies before sending them skyward with an icy gust of wind.
  • Magic Hour: Her single strongest attack, she teleports all around the field, diving onto foes and leaving behind devastating pillars of light that deal massive damage on contact.
  • Raging Storm: Aqua's exclusive variation of Firaga, she generates three pillars of flame that rotate around her and deal damage to anyone who dares to approach her.
  • Thundaga Shot: Fires a Thundaga spell concentrated into a fast-moving projectile.

Tifa Lockheart

Powers and Stats
Tier: 4-B

Powers and Abilities:
Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Magic, Summoning, Resistance to Soul Attacks, Telekinesis, and Mind Control/Illusions, Elemental Manipulation (Of the Fire, Lightning, Ice, Wind, and Earth variety), Healing and Regenerationn (Mid-Low), Poison Manipulation, Transmutation (In the form of transforming others into toads), Petrification, Teleportation (can also be used to send target(s) far away, not to another dimension, can teleport behind foes to catch them off guard), Barrier Creation, Time Manipulation (Can slow down and speed up time around herself and her targets at will), Energy Blasts (in the form of attacks like Ultima), Can instantly kill targets

Attack Potency: Solar System level (Managed to fight off Loz, who was able to hold his own against Cloud not minutes before, contributed to the defeats of Sephiroth, Jenova and the Weapons)

Speed: FTL+ (Kept pace with Loz)

Lifting Strength: Superhuman+

Striking Strength:
Class XPJ

Durability:
Solar System level (Assisted in the final battle against Safer-Sephiroth, Can tank hits from Loz, who is the manifestation of Sephiroth's physical power)

Stamina: Superhuman+ (Slugged it out with powerful beings like safer-Sephiroth and the Sephiroth fragments with no signs of getting winded)

Range: Human melee range, much higher with magic and summons

Standard Equipment: Her ultimate gauntlets, the Premium Heart, whose power increases proportionally to the amount of danger she's in, A Ribbon, a magic accessory which completely nullifies any status effects, including instant death, Various Materia and Restoratives

Intelligence: Tifa is an incredibly skilled hand-to-hand combatant who manages to keep up with First-Class Soldiers and countless monsters with just her fists, faking out her opponent with various feints before teleporting behind her foes and delivering brutal combos for the finish. As a member of AVALANCHE, she is trained in numerous forms of sabotage, stealth, and guerilla tactics and is trusted enough to single-handedly guard the entrance to its secret headquarters beneath her bar, the Seventh Heaven. In addition, while she lacks an aptitude for it, she also possesses mastery of various Materia and magic as a result, acquiring numerous abilities over the course of her adventures with Cloud.

Weaknesses: Tifa must be hard pressed to use her Limit Breaks, is not as proficient in magic as some of her compatriots.

Notable Attacks/Techniques:

Limit Breaks

• Beat Rush: Tifa unleashes a quick combo against a single enemy.
  • Somersault: Tifa rushes towards he opponent before flipping backward to deliver a somersault kick that sends the target flying.
  • Waterkick: Tifa dishes out a swift circular kick which is accompanied by a burst of water.
  • Meteodrive: Tifa kicks her foe into the air before grabbing them and delivering an explosive backdrop for the finish.
  • Dolphin Blow: Tifa delivers a powerful uppercut which is accompanied by a massive pillar of water and a dolphin.
  • Meteor Strike: Tifa rushes her target while shrouded in flames to knock them into the air before leaping after them to snatch her opponent and throw them to the ground.
  • Final Heaven: Tifa charges energy in her fist before rushing past her target to deliver a rapid, decisive blow that releases this pent up energy, creating a cataclysmic explosion in the process.
Magic

• Blizzard/Blizzara/Blizzaga: Tifa seems to favor this spell in Dissidia, using it extensively to take foes by surprise with rapid bullets of ice that can come from any direction.
  • Break: Tifa deals Earth-elemental damage. This attack can petrify an opponent, effectively killing them unless they have an ability that resists its effects.
  • Death: Tifa instantly kills the target unless they're fortunate enough to dodge it or if they're immune to instant death attacks.
  • Haste: Tifa speeds up time around herself, greatly increasing her movement and combat speed.
  • Slow: Tifa slows down time around her target, slowing their movements and combat speed to a crawl.
  • Toad: Tifa transmutes her target into a common toad, leaving them helpless to resist her attacks.
  • Ultima: The ultimate offensive magic, unleashing a burst of energy that deals massive non-elemental damage.

Battle takes place in the area outside Nibelheim. 200 meters apart.

Both are in-character, but willing to kill.

Both of them know only the powers and abilities of each other but not the specifics of said powers

Neither have preptime

Tifa's equipment are the Premium Hearts, Ribbon, and the Ziedrich, due to the severe versatility of materia set ups I will only go by what Tifa is generally seen as in most canons, a fairly strong physical user with some skills in magic but nothing too noteworthy. I will also only allow her 8 materia as that is the amount her equipment allows. This is an assumption on a character Tifa would have in a general situation, I tried to make it as accurate and balanced as possible, if you disagree I will make changes.

Her materia are Ice, Fire, Restore, Barrier, an Elemental linked to Ice and Fire, Double Cut, and Deathblow.

Aqua's equipment is the Master's Defender

Aqua has renewal barrier, double flight, teleport, cartwheel, homing slide, payback surge, and air slide

Her commands are Magic Hour, Triple Firaga, Triple Blizzaga, Thundaga Shot, Curaga, Esuna, and Seeker Mine.

Method of Win is only through killing.

Speed is EQUALIZED

Tough one, although Tifa has more versability/customization (linking materia) and maybe more experience? As they have prep time, I believe they have access to items? If so, its more in Tifa's advantage.

...now is when I realize speed isnt equalized. Aqua blitzes.

PaChi2 said:
Tough one, although Tifa has more versability/customization (linking materia) and maybe more experience? As they have prep time, I believe they have access to items? If so, its more in Tifa's advantage.
...now is when I realize speed isnt equalized. Aqua blitzes.

whoops. I knew I forgot something

I will say that Aqua has her barrier offering her defense, plus with a Regen barrier, any attacks she blocks heal her.

Tifa can combine Hades with a materia whose name I dont remember in order to have status inducement regular attacks. One hit would cripple Aqua (iirc it was blind+stun+sleep+??). Tifa can also activate barriers (Wall) and Regen (which will keep healing her all the time). Still leaning towards Tifa's versability (this is not counting cheap things such as Fenix+Final attack, of course).

My vote goes for Tifa

PaChi2 has noted good points in favor of Tifa. I want to add a few things:

Aqua doesn't have defense against Petrification, Toad or Deathblow Materia.

If there is preptime, Tifa can equip Minerva Brand (wich nulifies Fire, ICE, GRAVITY and Holy) and Ribbon. Big advantatge against Aqua's powers.

Hades gives Sleep, poison, canfusion, silence, Frog, Mini, Slow and Paralysis. The materia to combine to have status inducement regular attacks is "added effect"

PaChi2 said:
Then, its up to the OP to state which materia Tifa has access to.

I belive what I've added is the best general unprepared set up that would fit Tifa as an RPG character, given her stat coverage.

Hmmm... givint it to tifa only because she has insta kill, transmutation (toad) and petrification, which Aqua lacks resistance to or the ability itself. If Tifa didnt have those, I'd go with Aqua, but Tifa only needs to connect one of those attacks for her to win and that is likely to happen before Aqua can wear her down.

Hmm Im stuck on how to do this, Tifa has such insane versatility, due to how materia in FF7 work, you can link them for so MANY different set ups. not to mention due to KH being an action rpg a status like transmutation, insta kills, and petrification wouldnt translate well into said type of game and thus the counters to said effects wouldnt be in said game either. I'd feel like since materia slots are I believe a CANON thing FF7 and not just a gameplay mechanic, Tifa could only have certain set ups. So I think what I put up my edit is something Tifa would have for a standard general situation being mostly a physical attacker.

Wow. Now it's more complicated to decide. But I will give my vote to Tifa:

Ziedrich halves all Aqua's attacks (magicals and physicals) and gives Tifa a huge boost in strength and magic

Ribbon prevents the stun effect from seeker mine

Time materia will stop or slow Aqua. Or Tifa can use to herself to be faster than Aqua.

Well, these scenarios are changing so fast its difficult to keep track. I'll post my vote later, although Aqua now seems to have the upper hand.

Edit: You should change Time materia, iirc, equalizing speed prevents speed boosts/reductions.

PaChi2 said:
Well, these scenarios are changing so fast its difficult to keep track. I'll post my vote later, although Aqua now seems to have the upper hand.
Edit: You should change Time materia, iirc, equalizing speed prevents speed boosts/reductions.

Yeah sorry, but hey getting these thoughts from you guys is making me more aware of where I messed up and how to fix it,

I dont think speed equalization gets rid of speed boosting moves and reductions, it just affects the actual speed of said character.

Shozo Irie said:
Ziedrich halves all Aqua's attacks (magicals and physicals) and gives Tifa a huge boost in strength and magic

Time materia will stop or slow Aqua. Or Tifa can use to herself to be faster than Aqua.
I dont think the stun of seeker mine is like the stun of say a paralysis, thats kinda stretching what the ribbon can do.

Another thing, Doublecut is more like a game mechanic thing, how woulf it translate into actual combat? Tifa punches once and aqua receives 2 consecutives hits?

PaChi2 said:
Another thing, Doublecut is more like a game mechanic thing, how woulf it translate into actual combat? Tifa punches once and aqua receives 2 consecutives hits?
Renember that the materia Doublecut at level 2 allows to do the skill 4-Cut. So instead of 2 consecutive hits Tifa attacks 4 times per attack.

Yeah, yeah, I remember. Leaning towards Aqua for better skillset if Limits dont factor, with limits available, Tifa can pull something like Cloud vs Sephiroth in Advent Children and win.

Aqua High diff without Limits (as both of them have healing and defensive abilities, it will be a long hard fight). Tifa mid diff with them (cloud oneshoted sephiroth, for god's sake).

AquaWaifu said:
Shozo Irie said:

I dont think the stun of seeker mine is like the stun of say a paralysis, thats kinda stretching what the ribbon can do.
According to the kh wiki "Stun" is an status effect and Ribbon protects against all abnormal status effects

PaChi2 said:

Simple, the materia use magic to take the kinetic energy of an attack and sort of replicate it on succesful hits. That'd be a way to explain it.

Shozo Irie said:
AquaWaifu said:
Shozo Irie said:

According to the kh wiki "Stun" is an status effect and Ribbon protects against all abnormal status effects
Well regardless, its still doing damage. and Aqua can do double flight, seeker mine which I've used before to as a tactic. I dont think outside of magic Tifa has anyway to hit an airborne Aqua, plus while she falls she can defend with her barrier.

Man though but Ribbon is really good.

Back