• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Apoo vs Pre-Exoskeleton Onigashima Sanji, in a timeline where Sanji fights Apoo before he fights Queen (around the time right before Luffy got to the roof)

In-character.

Onigashima Hall, starting 20m away.

Apoo: 1 (@TheMonkeMan)

Sanji:

Incon:

Last edited:
Apoo took an attack from Kidd without much injury and his sound attacks can hurt Luffy, Zoro ( iirc ) and some CP0 agents ( though these injuries weren't very serious )
One of his attacks even took Kizaru's arm off, come to think of it.
Voting Apoo.

Apoo took an attack from Kidd without much injury
I mean, his face was bruised and he was bleeding from the mouth (hence why he only downscales in durability, although IMO considering he was ******* sucker-punched and still wasn't too injured he shouldn't downscale), but yeah, a serious Zoro with Buso did a lot more damage with Shishi Sonson than Kid.
and his sound attacks can hurt Luffy, Zoro ( iirc )
He did make Zoro bleed with a sound attack.
and some CP0 agents ( though these injuries weren't very serious )
He did a bit more damage to Guernica with a Boom than Kazenbo did, as Guernica was pretty unscathed by Kazenbo but had clear bruise marks from Boom.

He also hurt and drew blood from Maha (aka Blue Scarf, who also endured Kazenbo without much injury) with a kick. And Maha did cry out in pain when Apoo kicked him in the face, though it's ironic that someone from a Longarm tribe has a strong kick.
One of his attacks even took Kizaru's arm off, come to think of it.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Keep in mind a bullet pierced Kizaru's body a few chapters earlier for the same reason.

Kizaru clearly wasn't alarmed by losing his arm.
Voting Apoo.
Ok.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Keep in mind a bullet pierced Kizaru's body a few chapters earlier for the same reason.

Kizaru clearly wasn't alarmed by losing his arm.

Ok.
Because Kizaru knew the attack didn't have Haki in it and he could simply reattach his arm.

Not at all.

Even though he was damaged he took a hit from Zoan King, He's pretty much tanking that shit.
He still kinda took damage, it was just the Raid suit that was unharmed.

He did not "tank" it, that's like saying Apoo tanked Kid's Punk Gibson.

He still kinda took damage, it was just the Raid suit that was unharmed.

He did not "tank" it, that's like saying Apoo tanked Kid's Punk Gibson.
I agree he took damage, I'm saying Sanji with the raid suit would pretty much tank Apoo's attacks.

I agree he took damage, I'm saying Sanji with the raid suit would pretty much tank Apoo's attacks.
Ok, so then let's discuss who'd do better between pre-exoskeleton Sanji and Apoo at close range.

Because Stat-wise, it's pretty even without Apoo's DF.

Didn't Apoo block an attack from a CP0 agent btw? Not an extraordinary feat but it is worth mentioning. He also fought Drake.

Didn't Apoo block an attack from a CP0 agent btw? Not an extraordinary feat but it is worth mentioning.
No, he was badly injured (even spitting up blood), and it was implied that it would've done really bad damage had he not used Buso Haki to lessen the damage of the Shigan.

Those CP0 agents arguably did more damage than a Punk Gibson, though we can't know for sure thanks to that stupid Armament Haki.

He also fought Drake.

True, and his AP without the DF definitely scales to Hybrid Drake so he can definitely match Sanji in AP, even with Sanji using Diable Jambe.

His durability is above normal Sanji but below the Raid Suit's

His speed is >= to Pre-Exoskeleton Sanji, since Sanji doesn't have his insane post-Exoskeleton boosts and Apoo reacted to Zoro, who reacted to the Yonko.

I'll vote Sanji for have better Speed, Skill and Dura neg that he can spam it. Also his dura is little bit better than with RS. Idk what Wincon for Apoo that can make Sanji.

His speed is >= to Pre-Exoskeleton Sanji, since Sanji doesn't have his insane post-Exoskeleton boosts and Apoo reacted to Zoro, who reacted to the Yonko.
Sanji have his own speed feats + Amp as advantage, Apoo can't even reacted to shishi sonson speed.

I'll vote Sanji for have better Speed, Skill and Dura neg that he can spam it. Also his dura is little bit better than with RS. Idk what Wincon for Apoo that can make Sanji.

Sanji have his own speed feats + Amp as advantage, Apoo can't even reacted to shishi sonson speed.
Shishi sonson is far above Zoro's normal speed, and his normal speed (which Apoo scales to) reacted to the Yonko

Are we forgetting that Sanji has invincibility with his RS? Cant he just turn invisible and kick Apoo from multiple sides just like he did P1? + Apoo’s Observation Haki is doodoo based of what we have seen and i don’t think he would be able to react to Sanji attacking him while he would be invisible

Are we forgetting that Sanji has invincibility with his RS? Cant he just turn invisible and kick Apoo from multiple sides just like he did P1? + Apoo’s Observation Haki is doodoo based of what we have seen and i don’t think he would be able to react to Sanji attacking him while he would be invisible
1: the word is invisibility not invincibility ( if he was invincible he'd be like, indestructible or something ) I know you probably knew that and it was just a typo but I just wanted to point it out
2: Invisibility isn't stopping him from getting hit with the sound attacks and I don't recall him actually using it a lot in combat.

I'm voting Sanji.

At this point Sanji already knows how to avoid Apoo's devil fruit. Sanji is vastly more skilled, has much better mobility, is quite a bit faster, has enough durability to no-sell his attacks when using the Raid Suit, can go invisible (which can't be sensed by CoO users).

Apoo quite literally has no wincon. He can't do enough damage to Sanji outside of his raid suit to put him down before Sanji can barrage Apoo with Diable Jambe durability negation attacks.

2 (WrongIdea21, Kachon123) 1 (TheMonkeMan) in Sanji's favor
Is this a vote for Sanji?

I'm voting Sanji.

At this point Sanji already knows how to avoid Apoo's devil fruit. Sanji is vastly more skilled, has much better mobility, is quite a bit faster, has enough durability to no-sell his attacks when using the Raid Suit, can go invisible (which can't be sensed by CoO users).

Apoo quite literally has no wincon. He can't do enough damage to Sanji outside of his raid suit to put him down before Sanji can barrage Apoo with Diable Jambe durability negation attacks.
Yeah come to think of it this match is kind of a stomp lol
also I think the invisibility CAN be sensed by CoO users but him saving Momo and getting past 3 users of it was probably PIS.

Maybe, but neither Page 1 nor Doflamingo could sense invisibility either so I'm more inclined to believe it's just a perk of invisibility rather than just PIS.
Useful to know, I'll talk about this when I'm discussing Shiryu's match ups with friends in the future. Thank you for that information.
Anyway yeah after thinking about it and hearing Kachon's reasons I think this match is a stomp honestly.

I'll talk about this when I'm discussing Shiryu's match ups with friends in the future
Since I found this out (like a couple days ago), I've been jumping on the Queen bandwagon. Having virus-infected swords while being invisible that can't be sensed by CoO users is so broken. Plus he could also just spam his lasers while being invisible.

Sanji is honestly Lucky that Queen didn't go all out in the beginning of their fight.

Queen has got to be one of the most lethal characters in the series. His entire kit is so deadly and the way he laughs when fighting just makes him look so scary. Like a serial killer or something.

Since I found this out (like a couple days ago), I've been jumping on the Queen bandwagon. Having virus-infected swords while being invisible that can't be sensed by CoO users is so broken. Plus he could also just spam his lasers while being invisible.

Sanji is honestly Lucky that Queen didn't go all out in the beginning of their fight.
Queen is just a bumbling fool with a short attention span and that's what gets him- his own mistakes. If he was much more attentive and smart in combat then he'd be deadly. Hell, he probably would have been able to knock out or kill Sanji in their fight if he wasn't so stupid.

4 votes ( WrongIdea21, Kachon123, Me, and Darkvie123 ) in Sanji's favor, then.
I still think this is a stomp btw.

I'm voting Sanji.

Sanji fra

Voting Sanji FRA.

His AP is equal to Apoo's without the latter's DF, and he could probably take some DF hits thanks to his raid suit, or even just blitz Apoo and go DJ on his ass.

And that makes this grace.

Back