• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-Monitor vs Asriel Dreemurr

Multiversal fight!

Anti-Monitor is at his peak.

Asriel's using a small fraction of his power.

Speed is equalized.

Who wins and why?

Asriel had the power to control the entire timeline. He only lost because Frisk could resurrect him/herself. A powerful being like Frisk couldn't even hurt Asriel. I've seen footage of going genocide route on Asriel, and it didn't do any damage. So, Anti-Monitor... well... yeah. Asriel probably wins.

Asriel probably. While they are around the same level in terms of AP, Asriel has type 4 immortality (AM also has it, but not sure which ones), as well as Determination and Soul Manipulation (though im not sure if it will work in this fight, but I'm assuming AM has a soul).

Asriel has better feats tho, I mean Asriel if way more powerful than Omega Flowey, and Flowey warped the game, destroyed the SAVE file and almost rendered it unwinnable; Asriel could have done that if he wanted to

Anti-Monitor casually solos the verse, hes waaaaay stronger and hes comparable to the Spectre in speed

Mismatch tbh

Seems like a casual win for Asriel imo. Asriel even before Full Power is already infinately above what he was as Flowey, who was already a 2-A being who casually destroyed many timelines just to toy with Frisk. Anti-Monitor may eat universes, but he seems to actually have to work at it. Full Power Asriel is far stronger than his base form, which, as mentioned before, his vastly surperior to an already 2-A character. He is strong enough to not only be completely immune to the attacks of another 2-A (Frisk), but just his mere presense was enough to completely subdue Frisk. Asriel has much better feats and a variety of attacks compared to Anti-Monitor. I would give the win to Asriel with low/mid difficulty.

Yeah, Asriel for the above reasons. Wouldn't call it a stomp, but the victor does seem clear. Call it 7.5/10 difficulty.

HousedInEngi said:
No he doesn't

Anti-Monitor is infinitely multiversal which Asriel isn't even close to
Asriel is actually very much so infinitely multiversal. He is infinitely stronger than Omega Flowey, who is already at least 2-A. Then another form takes that kind of power (stated to only be a fraction of his full strength) even further. You are really underestimating Asriel here. The fact that the Anti-Monitor was fought to a stalemate and must fight for universes to eat shows that Asriel should win this one to me. Asriel effortlessly curbstomps numerous 2-A characters to the point they literally can do NOTHING but call to the souls he has stolen while trying to survive.

Okay, that doesn't make someone multiversal

Stat scaling in fiction is one of the dumbest things to do

In-game stats dictate Mega Mewtwo > Arceus which I don't really need to ellaborate why that's bull

And also, the word infinite is tossed around fiction like candy. By this logic, Hulk would be multiversal since he's constantly called infinite in power

So no, Asriel isn't multiversal

HousedInEngi said:

In-game stats dictate Mega Mewtwo > Arceus which I don't really need to ellaborate why that's bull

And also, the word infinite is tossed around fiction like candy. By this logic, Hulk would be multiversal since he's constantly called infinite in power

Asriel literally destroys timelines effortlessly. I could make an argument for how there is literally no possible way for the Anti-Monitor to be infinitely multiversal, since, like you said, authors toss infinity around in impossible scenarios. However, from what we currently accept, both Anti-Monitor and Asriel are 2-A. If you think that Asriel's page is incorrect, that is a topic to take to its own thread, as it would be such a major change.

Except Anti-Monitor literally was destroying billions upon billions of universes within DC

There is no way Asriel wins this

HousedInEngi said:

Yes, it does.

This has been discussed like a dozen times. Undertale has two sets of stats. Internal stats, and those displayed via CHECK. Internal stats are like Pokemon stats, governing the damage and resistances in battle. CHECK stats have no in-game effects, and simply show how strong one character is compared to another.

Also, being infinitely superior to a character who can destroy a single space-time continuum is still multiversal, so even if we assumed Omega Flowey to only be something along the lines of Universal+, Asriel is still multiversal.

Which would be below AM anyways

Again, oh my God, using stats in game is ridiculous

Like I said, fiction tosses infinity out like candy

HousedInEngi said:
Except Anti-Monitor literally was destroying billions upon billions of universes within DC

Anti-Monitor destroyed "infinite" universes. That is literally impossible given that the way the DC multiverse is presented, as each universe's time seems to travel relatively close to one another. Even if the DC universes do not share our cosmoslogy, they can't be infinitely old, which would be required for this feat to be even remotely plausible (even with the nature of infinity dictating that completeing infinity as a non-high dimensional being is impossible). Asriel's 2-A status seems more logically just than Anti-Monitors imo, but I accept AM being 2-A despite my issues with it.

Also, in comics and other games with infinity, it's usually stated by say a scientist character or something (Such as the case with Anti-Monitor)

With Asriel, its literally a random part of the menu

Assaltwaffle said:
HousedInEngi said:

Anti-Monitor destroyed "infinite" universes. That is literally impossible given that the way the DC multiverse is presented, as each universe's time seems to travel relatively close to one another. Even if the DC universes do not share our cosmoslogy, they can't be infinitely old, which would be required for this feat to be even remotely plausible (even with the nature of infinity dictating that completeing infinity as a non-high dimensional being being impossible). Asriel's 2-A status seems more logically just than Anti-Monitors imo, but I accept AM being 2-A despite my issues with it.
https://i.gyazo.com/4d06cdfb3cc4aa10d51e0fb5e16e9794.png

HousedInEngi said:
Assaltwaffle said:
HousedInEngi said:

Anti-Monitor destroyed "infinite" universes. That is literally impossible given that the way the DC multiverse is presented, as each universe's time seems to travel relatively close to one another. Even if the DC universes do not share our cosmoslogy, they can't be infinitely old, which would be required for this feat to be even remotely plausible (even with the nature of infinity dictating that completeing infinity as a non-high dimensional being being impossible). Asriel's 2-A status seems more logically just than Anti-Monitors imo, but I accept AM being 2-A despite my issues with it.
https://i.gyazo.com/4d06cdfb3cc4aa10d51e0fb5e16e9794.png
I mean the impossibility of AM being infinitely multiversal is just hilarious to me. I am not denying DC claims AM to be infinitely multiversal, but it doesn't make any logical sense. And stat scaling is stupid. The whole "Chara is 2-A because is stats are 20" is a stupid argument. However, the fact that the game developer delibrately set aside Asriel's stats to be infinite should be taken seriously. Scaling about multiplicity with stats doesn't make much sense, but infinity is another matter.

Try not to quote each other back, please. You can refer to the other or anyone by doing @(insert the person your directly talking).

The Asriel fight is one of the most upbeat and hopeful fights, though. It pushes "the power of friendship" and all that good jazz more than any other.

Due to reasons stated above, I give this Asriel 8/10 difficulty...of course if we assume he is only using a small fraction of his power.

Assaltwaffle said:
The Asriel fight is one of the most upbeat and hopeful fights, though. It pushes "the power of friendship" and all that good jazz more than any other.
Not to mention the song playing in the background of the first part is literally called Hopes & Dreams.

I will say that my memory of DC comics is a bit rusty but I do remember a comic where Anti-Monitor killed darkseid with some difficulty. I don't know how powerful darkseid was at the time but I do remember that the justice League was involved and one of darkseid's strongest forms is a tier 3. At least I think because it would be silly of me to forget considering I just checked his page. I don't know how reliable that feat is but I think it gives pretty good proof that asriel would most likely win. BTW I am new here so don't judge.

Cropfist said:
Multiversal fight!
Anti-Monitor is at his peak.

Asriel's using a small fraction of his power.

Speed is equalized.

Who wins and why?
God tell me is this a joke?

Back