• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Answering Questions

I mean, if you have no limits you should be allowed to be as inconsistent as you want.

Anyway, you two should take this conversation somewhere else.

Shaggy doesn't peak at 100% there is no peak to his power

Because nobody made one.

Why did Captain Marvel dropped below 7 on IMDB, the worse Marvel Movie in a decade, which makes it even worse than Justice League?

Uselessnoob245 said:
Why did Captain Marvel dropped below 7 on IMDB, the worse Marvel Movie in a decade, which makes it even worse than Justice League?
Probably because Brie Larson is a sexist who would stop talking shit about men.

Probably because Brie Larson is a sexist who would stop talking shit about men.

>Ignores the fact that it's getting its ratings sabotaged by internet trolls

>Also, the film has 86% on Rotten Tomatoes

Please don't tell me the your the kind of person that ACTUALLy believes the "iT wAs TrOll'S!" claim

Also since when has Rotten Tomatoes been a reliable source? It has both The Last Jedi and Black Panther rated above 90% despite both of those films being objectively shit.

Seol404 said:
Please don't tell me the your the kind of person that ACTUALLy believes the "iT wAs TrOll'S!" claim
...but it was. Basically nobody has watched the movie and yet it still has over 12 thousand votes (on the user side of things) And, in all honesty, review aggregators like Metacritic haven't been given enough time to accumulate enough ratings (i think, i might be wrong with this). Also, I want to try my best to not be influenced by reviews so i can watch and rate the movie myself, I might enjoy it, while others might not.

Have you ever thought that maybe they went and disliked the film not because they're trolls, but because the lead actress insulted them (Because thats a WONDERFUL buisness move), and Rotten Tomatoes had to hide the "Wanting to see" score because it was so horendously low, likely for the same reason.

One statement made about the film is true, and its that Captain Marvel is the most powerful character in the series, because not even Thanos could singlehandedly destroy the MCU.

Seol404 said:
Also since when has Rotten Tomatoes been a reliable source? It has both The Last Jedi and Black Panther rated above 90% despite both of those films being objectively shit.
Rotten tomatoes is a review aggregator, it accumulates reviews from multiple sources and generates what I guess is the "average score" out of all the reviews, so it shouldn't have any bias. It might not be very accurate, but it's definitely better than ratings from random internet users. Also, what do you consider "objective"? What things does it take to make a movie "objectively shit", according to your scale?

"so it shouldn't have any bias." The site might not, but the people reviewing it might, did you not think about that?

Rodri "Dante" said:
Happy Birthday Seol?
Thank you Pulsi. its very sweet of you to have remembered.

Seol404 said:
"so it shouldn't have any bias." The site might not, but the people reviewing it might, did you not think about that?
The mere fact that there's a large amount of reviews "smoothens out" the bias, since each author has their own individual bias, nobody is controlling them to think anything, and it is highly unlikely that every reviewer is biased to the same thing

Copetan said:
What things does it take to make a movie "objectively shit", according to your scale?
Writing and inconsistent/terribly written characters, of which both those movies are part of. oh, and yes, I know that a lot more goes into film making than just the screenplay, but everything else is like the icing on the cake, while the screenplay is the cake itself

Copetan said:
The mere fact that there's a large amount of reviews "smoothens out" the bias, since each author has their own individual bias, nobody is controlling them to think anything, and it is highly unlikely that every reviewer is biased to the same thing
I'll wait for the audience score, I trust people more than mainstream outlets, Metacritic also has it at 6/10, but I have no idea how Metacritic works, soooooo

Seol404 said:
I'll wait for the audience score, I trust people more than mainstream outlets, Metacritic also has it at 6/10, but I have no idea how Metacritic works, soooooo
Why don't you just watch the movie yourself? That way you aren't influenced about what everybody else has to say, and you can formulate an opinion of your own, instead of just piggybacking on everybody else's opinion? Also, like I said, Rotten Tomatoes is a Review Aggregator, it collects reviews from small outlets and major ones too, just look for yourself (Metacritic is an aggregator too, they just use a different rating algorithm)

I didn't say I wadn't going to watch the movie, but yeah, I'm not going to watch it, idk about you, but I'm not going to support the movie after the lead actress and many other people who were involved with the movie insulted the fan base and told a vast majority of the to **** off because the film "wasn't for them"

Seol404 said:
Writing and inconsistent/terribly written characters, of which both those movies are part of. oh, and yes, I know that a lot more goes into film making than just the screenplay, but everything else is like the icing on the cake, while the screenplay is the cake itself
I haven't watched Last Jedi so I can't say anything, but I do know that Black Panther is anything but shit. Acting was phenomenal, action scenes were intense and exciting, plot was captivating, and it really did a good job with black representation. Have you seen the movie yourself? It's pretty great. I recommend it

Copetan said:
I haven't watched Last Jedi so I can't say anything, but I do know that Black Panther is anything but shit. Acting was phenomenal, action scenes were intense and exciting, plot was captivating, and it really did a good job with black representation. Have you seen the movie yourself? It's pretty great. I recommend it
Yes, I have. It was shit. Yeah, it had action scnenes, big whoop, every Marvel movie has those. The plot was okay, but there were so many things that were just so dumb that I was left scratching my head (Like the fact that Wakanda looks less developed than Busan, and that they decide their leader through Trial by Combat, and that T'Challa was a dumbass on multiple ocasions, oh, and the Rhino's, do I even need to explain why the Rhino farms are ******* stupid. Wakanda doesn't even make sense at all). And I really don't care about identity politics enough to think that having a majority black cast is somehow a plus, because I like to judge people not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.

Seol404 said:
I didn't say I wadn't going to watch the movie, but yeah, I'm not going to watch it, idk about you, but I'm not going to support the movie after the lead actress and many other people who were involved with the movie insulted the fan base and told a vast majority of the to **** off because the film "wasn't for them"
...actress's decisions don't determine how good a movie is or isn't. Also, where are you getting this "she insulted the fan base" information? I can't find it

Also, Imma go to sleep right now, good night

Actresses decisions don't determine if the movies good or not, but they do determine how many people are going to see it. And did you not see the clips where she basically told White men not to watch the movie, I don't know about you, but I don't like to support sexists, because I like to think that I'm not one.

Goodnight tho.

Seol404 said:
Actresses decisions don't determine if the movies good or not, but they do determine how many people are going to see it. And did you not see the clips where she basically told White men not to watch the movie, I don't know about you, but I don't like to support sexists, because I like to think that I'm not one.

Goodnight tho.
The reason why Captain Marvel is bad is because the trolls are rating it 1 on IMDB. Over 5000 users rated it 1/10 on the IMDB score.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154664/ratings?ref_=tt_ov_rt

Wait, Captain Marvel might reach 7 on IMDB which is my prediction. An hour ago it was 6.2, now it's 6.3.

Although it is highly unlikely, because femenists rate Captain Marvel at 1 all because it's an actress.

Back