• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another small child Vs. A cake

I'd like to point out something for everyone here, and it has to do with the fact that using Frisk eating things in Undertale can't be used as a point for point reference in this debate.

As according to the big-toothed monster in Grillby's, human food is different from monster food. See, this is because the food the monsters eat are made of magic, rather than the normal stuff human food is made of. This food the monsters eat gets absorbed into your body and gives you the energy from it (i.e., your HP goes up), and it doesn't pass through the digestive tract, which also explains why there's nary a bathroom anywhere you go in the Underground.

So, in essence, there's a huge difference between eating a butterscotch pie made out of magic and eating a 22kg cake made of normal stuff. So, honestly, if I had to throw my vote anywhere, I'd go for the cake, since Frisk couldn't possibly keep eating it the same way he does the monster food, and it would eventually overwhelm them. And I don't think DETERMINATION could save them from that, as it's not that kind of fight we're dealing with here.

Winner: SCP-871

Starter Pack said:
So, in essence, there's a huge difference between eating a butterscotch pie made out of magic and eating a 22kg cake made of normal stuff.
The cake has been observed to be 22kg once, and that was the largest at which it was ever observed. It's equally likely to appear as a cupcake, which was the smallest it was ever observed.

On top of that, monster food being absorbed as magical energy does not mean the food itself is not physical food that isn't eaten normally. Numerous items are made of normal objects or foods (which begs the question as to how those even qualify as monster food, but that's another topic). That said, you are correct in that it is not an exact point for point comparison.

azzy, we take them at they strongest in the given tier, which is 22kilograms cake

smashor, eating 22 kilograms is impossible and frisk doesent knoww that they have atime limit

22kg of cake is the best scenario for the 871. Which is biased here to assume it will automatically be at.

A cake's durability does not increase by going up several pounds. It's still just as easy to eat. The difference is in how much of it there is.

by sba we take its strongest version at this tier

22kg is not a tier/strength

You are just giving 871 a random advantage.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
A cake's durability does not increase by going up several pounds. It's still just as easy to eat. The difference is in how much of it there is.
and the amount to penetrate doesent change dura? dsize does matter, if in a small amount, its hardestto defeat in this form, so its at its "strongest like this"

The time and date are chosen in such a fashion that all characters are at their strongest

it aints saying anything about tiers. and in any other way its a litiral stomp

Again, 22kg is not a strength. It is a weight, and it is the absolute largest 871 has been observed at. The consistency of cake does not became thicker and more durable just because there is more cake.

it is its hardest to defeat version hovever. and penetrating a meter of metal is easier than openetrating dozins of meters of it

wouldent we take it just at the moment of dupliucation by sba anyways? and wouldent we take multiple of them while making it stay whitn the 10 c tier?

and if the amount doesent change it then it should be plain out 10 c , because its dura doesent change

Except the metal itself doesn't change in durability. You just don't penetrate all the way, because there's more metal.

Frisk isn't trying to shoot the cake in its magical core with a shotgun, or something.

They're trying to eat a cake, and biting into it is just as easy regardless of size. It's just a matter of how much there is to eat.

by that logic the earth has mountain level dura at best just with a lot of matter on it and the cakes " High 6-A, potentially higher" should be removed, under which circumstances we take it at its current version, and frisk would have to eat hundreds of cakes

If you're talking about "energy to pierce the Earth", then no, it has nowhere near planet level durability. It takes tier 5 energy to completely destroy it.

This is also horrible logic, as we could just say "10-C Frisk who is totally unwilling to fight but has max DETERMINATION and can just endlessly reset".

the unwilling to kill is removed by sba and the fact that they canonicly killed for fun and the latter is an used argument

and still, by extension we take the cake at its current version, as it has no striking streinght and its durability is simply ********

I have to agree with Azathoth. Weight does not equal durability. While, yes, this will make it harder for Frisk to eat, as Azzy said, it had only been observed once, and the only reason I said that in my analysis was to push a worst case scenario into this situation. It varies in size, and more often than not, it will be very manageable in size. However, Frisk can't keep eating cake forever, plus since it isn't specified in the description, Frisk has no idea about the properties of 871 (unless he cheats and CHECKs it), and wouldn't be able to handle it in the end. I hold up on my previous assumption that SCP-871 would win eventually in the end, through sheer mass.

"killed for fun"

No, they didn't. The Anomaly killed for fun, using Frisk as a conduit. Frisk's personality is the one in the pacifist route.

The cake having no striking strength is kinda the point, because the fight is "can this character eat the cake?", not "can the cake falcon punch this character hard enough to win?".

no, frisk was controlled under pacifist run as well, thex have no real self conroll.

and by extension we take it at its current state by sba

Ricsi-viragosi said:
no, frisk was controlled under pacifist run as well, thex have no real self conroll.
Nope. Said run is the only run where they act more autonomously (without Chara or the Anomaly) and give out their actual name, as they're more in control.

the anomaly is always there, unless you the pacifist run played itself.

and still, teh current version of 871 aint gonna be eaten

The word "more" was before that "autonomously".

Also, "current version"? What? You're making up weird rules for 871 that don't exist in a match of "can Frisk eat a cake?". It's like if I said "Well, it's current 10-C Frisk, so he'd have Tier 2 durability, since this is post-Asriel".

Character version: The strongest cano version of a character is used, that we have listed. The strongest version being defined as the one with the highest tier; if there are multiple versions with the same tier, then the most recent version.

making up?

>version of 871 rated as 10-C in AP is that of a cake

>the one with High 6-A AP is that of a lot of cakes

You can't just say "there's a lot of cakes but they're 10-C individually so it's still the 10-C key". You seem to have ignored the entire point.

the 6a is a hipotetical version given by the foundation if it were to be left to replicate, not its currecnt form

Yes.

And it becomes High 6-A because there are so many individual cakes.

It doesn't suddenly turn into a massive cake capable of busting the surface of the Earth.

yes, that changes the fact that a more than one cake put into one would still be10c how again? im not saying to use its tier 6 version, im saying to use its most recent 10c form, which ainnt one cake

There is no "highest multiple cakes can duplicate while still being 10-C" key, though. There is a 10-C rating, which is for a cake, and a High 6-A rating for if it had enough time to duplicate.

You are trying to use a rating on the page which doesn't exist.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
"building level" assumes enough cakes to be of that level.
This is a child vs a cake.
this is taking them at 10c, so we assume its most recent version of the cake in 10c

This "most recent version" you keep insisting on doesn't exist. You are assuming a linear story with a certain point at which "this particular group of cakes was most recently at the peak of 10-C" as opposed to an instance of "a cake, which is 10-C".

Back