• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Psychonauts feats thread

So this is another Raz thread, which would give some pluses and minuses to him(and also would be helpful in future). At first I want begin with the minuses.

Downgrade part
(which is small actually):
No precognition - Shortly saying I f***** up. Here is long saying, "the smart" guy of the verse (Sasha Nein) states that during "dream" in experiment of Brain Tumbler someone is interrupting his dream. Basically that's implies that this is not precognition feat of Raz but dream manipulation feat of Oleander who was reason of this events during "dream". When I would work with profile for Oleander I'll try to cover it more. So yes, Raz would lost his precognition and in future Oleander would likely have a Dream Manipulation.

Now to feats:

Precognition feat: Haha losing precognition to add it again...

But if more serious this is more combat applicable than previous precognition and more limited. That's additional power to his Clairvoyance, as he by using it on some object could see what would happen after the use of it.

Skilled hand-to-hand combatant: This comes from many different stuff. Beating bear or puma probably isn't much impressive, however there's more, he beat Luchadores in mental world who are wrestlers. They're based on Edgar's (the one inside of Mental world we it on this level) past as wrestler with his comrades on which those Luchadores are based on. Plus he fought Oleander who is like, very experienced soldier and psychonaut.

Giant Raz: At the end of the game Raz gained ability to become large. You could argue that he got it with outside help, so thought I, but a bit later we see Raz doing it without help. To point out in the VR game (Psychonauts: In the Rhombus of Ruin) which chronologically happened like, a few hours after first game, psychics couldn't use most of their psychic abilities, each psychonaut during the game focused and gave Raz energy to use some of abilities, ,which makes me assume that energy can also be focused to use a certain ability, with keeping that 2 evidences in mind I think more than not that this "Giant Raz" became one of the Raz's abilities. On profile it would be something like "Large size (type 1) and Creation" I guess in AP it would be "Far higher at giant form", because final boss who we can see at previous video can kill Raz in like from 2 to 4 hits. And when Raz enters the Giant form, he becomes so strong that Boss even fears to fight us.

Speaking about rhombus of ruin. In previous video you could hear about Psilarium, a mineral which twists minds and creates illusions. Raz is able to resist it, so it's another justification of Raz's resistance to mind control and addition of resistance to Illusions.

Laser dodge feat . Was confirmed to be a laser twice. Needs to be calced

Psycho-portals are now combat applicable: I was shocked when I actually saw it but yes, we never saw too much moments what happens outside when Raz enters minds, but I've got enough evidence to make a verdict that not just Raz is in trance during that, but the one on which Psycho-Portal used too. On this scene we see when Raz gets on Edgar's brain, Edgar enters on trans too. Basically his mind got turned off during the moment when Raz gets inside of brain, you can count it as sleep manipulation if you want, same here, Fred before Raz entered mind was focused on playing the game, but Raz enters and he just stands, and same with gloria who after Raz entering looks as if paralysed, and another one with more clear view, we see that Loboto's mind is turning off when Raz enters his mind. For the time Raz was inside of Loboto's mind, Loboto could already do something but when we leave his mind, he stands in the same place and did absolutely nothing. With all that and more, I can clearly assume that Psycho-Portrals are now combat applicable.

Regeneration: At the end of the game Raz gains ability to regenerate his health, considering that Raz can regen after he gets damaged by Bear's claws and after Puma's pyrokinesis and etc. I can assume it would be at least Mid-Low.

Some Psychonauts 2 abilities:

I know the game doesn't came out yet, but before it coming out (and it comes out soon) I just want to consider what abilities these 2 would be, so at the moment it WON'T be added to the profiles but should be already understandable what are this abilities:

1. Some sort of time slow, but only one object is slowed. Don't know how it would be called exactly.

2. This. I just don't know how it would clarify exactly.

If there is some program that can make a video through screen, that would be very appreciated, for me it would be helpful to cover some stuff.

Last edited:
that is called mental connection, it can be both used for platforming and comvbat
Yes the power have a name though the main question would be how it would qualify in vsbattles. Like how ability would have named on his profile. Pyrokinesis for instance is fire manipulation and heat manipulation, Confusion is called status effect inducement on his profile and etc.

Also some stuff I wanted to add in thread but forgot.

Rage power: The marksmanship which is for now listed as "Energy projection" should also be listed as "Rage power" explaination is here. Sasha states that he concetrated his negative feelings to use it as energy beams.

Also if no one would be against I'll edit Raz images since there images of him with far better quality.

Dowgrading and re-adding precognition is fine. Is it limited to paintings or it works on everything?

Hand to hand is good if Raz fought them physically.

Giant and creation is also good, although that's type 0, not type 1.

Resistance to illusion looks ok.

The lasers are good if they meet these criteria.

Mind manip incapacitation/sleep manip is good.

Regeneration should be at least low, possibly low-mid or possibly higher, I disagree with using damage from claws as an evidence. It likely is game mechanics, and using the most lethal damage youcan likely take without dying in a videogame can greatly inflate the efficienty of regeneration and heealing abilities of characters, with some that could even get immortality type 2 and such.

About future abilities, localized time slow seems good and the other is a form of mind manip; I guess we'll see more and better ance the games comes out.

Ok I'm back from dinner.

Is it limited to paintings or it works on everything?
The ability was shown on paintings, however precognition itself actually exists in the world of Psychonauts, Elka Doom is the one of characters that theoretically have it. To make it fair for now I think I'll mark it as "likely/possibly" until Raz or someone else would show that on other objects. Considering that sequel would go deep with lore, I feel there would be at least hint.
Hand to hand is good if Raz fought them physically.
Pretty much he should've fought them at close combat, game mechanics not allowed to use distant abilities such as marksmanship or pyrokinesis.
Giant and creation is also good, although that's type 0, not type 1.

The lasers are good if they meet these criteria.
Yeah I relooked at size, with clear comparance to Raz's height it's like about from 6 to 10 meters tall which is more like type 0.

Well, I believe lungafishes (the ones who stated that it's lasers), are would be reliable source at bare least since they're lived and watched how lungafishopolis was built, including the prison at which those lasers are built. Since there were also their comrades for revolution they should've prepared and got a resources. To point out they're even know how lungafishopolis villagers were mindhaxed and planned a way to destroy the source of lungafishes being brainwashed.
Regeneration should be at least low, possibly low-mid or possibly higher, I disagree with using damage from claws as an evidence. It likely is game mechanics, and using the most lethal damage youcan likely take without dying in a videogame can greatly inflate the efficienty of regeneration and heealing abilities of characters, with some that could even get immortality type 2 and such.

About future abilities, localized time slow seems good and the other is a form of mind manip; I guess we'll see more and better ance the games comes out.
I see, even though Raz technically have type 2 but low also seems fine (especially when there's a chance for mid regen).

Hmmm, while time slow seems also as option, I just a little concerned that the only one object is slowed.

Mental connection may take it time.

Also just some things I forgot to put but still:
Also some stuff I wanted to add in thread but forgot.

Rage power: The marksmanship which is for now listed as "Energy projection" should also be listed as "Rage power" explaination is here. Sasha states that he concetrated his negative feelings to use it as energy beams.

Also if no one would be against I'll edit Raz images since there images of him with far better quality.
Also speaking about second ability(Mental Connection), in my sandbox I recently created ability for which it maybe can fit.

Back