• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction

Enter Dracule Mihawk the Strongest swordsmen in both name and actuality, this CRT will be to apply some relatively minor ability additions to Mihawk.

Proposals

As we know it, Mihawk is the strongest Swordsmen in One Piece, being able to stomp the likes of Zoro with nothing but a mere knife and some fancy foot work, he's at the very pinnacle of Swordsmanship in the verse, my proposal is give Mihawk any skill derivative feats, and I mean only skill derivative feats so this wouldn't scale Mihawk to Fire-Fox Style or Dragon Blaze.

* Information Analysis via scaling to Zoro who's able to quickly analyze the strengths and weaknesses of his opponent, allowing him to create effective countermeasures. This in turn would also remove the "limited" part since Zoro's isn't limited.

* Analytical Prediction, Zoro's Analytical Prediction in which he showcased against Kaku is another ability Mihawk should obatian since Zoro's Prediction is entirely skilled based, unlike Kenbunshoku Haki based Prediction. Zoro is drastically less skilled than Mihawk, so Mihawk should be able to easily replicate any skill feats from Zoro including Prediction.

* Technique Mimicry, again via scaling above Zoro's levels of skill, Zoro was able to replicate Kino'mon's Fire-Fox Style on a whim, and his usage was seemingly more impressive than Kino'mon's himself so Zoro either copies at the same level of the original or his copying his superior to the original. Zoro doesn't come close to breaching Mihawk's level of skill and Mihawk casually eclipses Zoro's own skill in Swordsmanship.

Ehhh, scaling abilities like this, like just giving Mihawk "Information Analysis" just because Zoro has it doesn't seem right to me.

Granting him have the same skill with swordsmanship, that's one thing, but saying he must have the same abilities of analysis and prediction doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Mihawk's ability to stomp Zoro with a knife says nothing in regards to these other abilities.

Zoro doesn't come close to breaching Mihawk's level of skill and Mihawk casually eclipses Zoro's own skill in Swordsmanship.

What comparisons have actually been made between Post-Timeskip Zoro and Mihawk?

I agree with Damage, I'm very iffy on scaling abilities that come from one'a intellect and reasoning capability, otherwise we can start doing this with every character that has demonstrated to be more skilled than another. You can be less skilled that someone overall but have something the other doesn't possess.

Last edited:
I mean all his abilities are from swordmanship stuff and Mihawk >>>> him so idk seems reasonable to scale abilities like that here

Those three are more intellect-related abilities rather than pure swordmanship techniques.

Just because Mihawk is more skilled it doesn't mean he has the natural predisposition to copy other techniques as Zoro does, nor that he has the same intellectual capacity to predict and analyze.

Otherwise we really have to pick any character that is canonically more expert in martial arts, swordmanship and stuff like that from any verse and fill them with all the non-supernatural abilities demonstrated by people less skilled than them.

I mean, Mihawk is more skilled but we don't know if he can wield two or three swords in the same way Zoro and characters like Vista do, or that is better than them in any type of swordfight. Like, it's perfectly possibile for Brook to be a better than Mihawk in fencing, despite not being able to hold a candle to him in anything else or just fence in a way efficient enough to overcome him.

Basically, being more skilled than someone doesn't authomatically make you able to replicate any single thing they do nor makes you better than them in specific fields.

Being the strongest doesn't grant an ability of another character if you don't show it or have a unique condition like being from the same race (which has shown such an ability) or a physiology thing that more characters share. Or the ever same energy system/magic system that shares some abilities between all users of it.

Disagree.

I'll reply to the comments above soon as I'm reading blatant false comparison.

For starters let's not make Energy/ chi comparisons, units of energy and skill are two very different things.

I would agree (and i thought this was already a thing) but i am sure Emini said in the other thread that Mihawk's title is "strongest swordsman" and not "more skilled swordsman" so giving him every skill due to a title about strength + no showings of most if not all of these skills really does not seem right.

Edit: it seems Emini didn't say this, but i have the impression i read it somewhere, i will try to find it.

Last edited:
I would agree (and i thought this was already a thing) but i am sure Emini said in the other thread that Mihawk's title is "strongest swordsman" and not "more skilled swordsman" so giving him every skill due to a title about strength + no showings of most if not all of these skills really does not seem right.
Yeah I did say this and I agree the strongest title only refers to strength, but iirc there are different statement's in the Databooks referring to him as "the best/most skilled swordsman" using different kanji from his regular one, I would personally use them over the strongest title.

Yeah I did say this and I agree the strongest title only refers to strength, but iirc there are different statement's in the Databooks referring to him as "the best/most skilled swordsman" using different kanji from his regular one, I would personally use them over the strongest title.
Yeah, thank you, if someone can find it i am insta changing my vote to agreeing (as i said before i thought we already did this, but whatever).

Those three are more intellect-related abilities rather than pure swordmanship techniques.
The only one here that is even arguably intelligence derivative is possibly Information Analysis, the rest are stemming from Zoro's experience with swordplay, Prediction is gained through skill, as is his technique Mimicry. He started using skill based Prediction not much longer after Mihawk yeeted him with a butter-knife and his Technique Mimicry is literally centered around copying swordplay techniques.
Just because Mihawk is more skilled it doesn't mean he has the natural predisposition to copy other techniques as Zoro does, nor that he has the same intellectual capacity to predict and analyze.
Zoro's again, is based off of his own skill and experience when it comes to his discipline, his Prediction and Technique Mimicry are a consequence of his skill in that field, one that Mihawk greatly outdoes.
Otherwise we really have to pick any character that is canonically more expert in martial arts, swordmanship and stuff like that from any verse and fill them with all the non-supernatural abilities demonstrated by people less skilled than them.
You mean like how we already do? We literally do this with several verses, Baki the Grappler, Kengan Ashura, the list goes on. Also this only applies to Zoro since Mihawk TRAINED him and canonically scales above what Zoro is capable of.
I mean, Mihawk is more skilled but we don't know if he can wield two or three swords in the same way Zoro and characters like Vista do,
He's a different type of Swordsman, Mihawk unlike Zoro is able to change his style between Goken based sword play like Zoro and Juken based sword play, like Hakuba, and his base swordmanship is already drastically superior to Zoro's 3 styles.
or that is better than them in any type of swordfight. Like, it's perfectly possibile for Brook to be a better than Mihawk in fencing, despite not being able to hold a candle to him in anything else or just fence in a way efficient enough to overcome him.
No, it isn't actually. What you wrote there is quite literally your own head canon, Mihawk is stated to be the most skilled Swordsman in the verse, Brook cannot be better than Mihawk in any form of Swordsmanship. Mihawk isn't called the most skilled two handed swordman, he's outright stated to be the most skilled Swordsman in general.

Basically, being more skilled than someone doesn't authomatically make you able to replicate any single thing they do nor makes you better than them in specific fields.
Expect your ignoring the blatant context here. Mihawk stands at the pinnacle of Swordsmanship in general, he isn't just better than the rest in one regard, again he is the most skilled Swordsman, it makes no mention of Mihawk's form of Swordsmanship making him the most skilled. Baki, Kengan and History Strongest Disciple all do this, so I don't see the issue here.

Bare minimum it should be noted in his intelligence section that these are feats he scales Massively above.

Being the strongest doesn't grant an ability of another character if you don't show it or have a unique condition like being from the same race (which has shown such an ability) or a physiology thing that more characters share. Or the ever same energy system/magic system that shares some abilities between all users of it.

Disagree.
Complete and total false comparison to the point where it isn't even funny.

Skill isn't a category like physical stats, physiologically, or magic systems.

Hayato Furinji and Yujiro Hanma both have composite scaling to their respective discipline, in their cases its from being the "most skilled martial artist" in the world. It's accepted for them, so I see absolutely no reason not to do the same for Mihawk.

Yeah, thank you, if someone can find it i am insta changing my vote to agreeing (as i said before i thought we already did this, but whatever).
Cannot have it both ways. He is either titled strongest or most skilled.

Information analysis- Is an intellect skill, not exclusive to swordsmen.

Analytical Prediction- Same as above

Technique mimicry- this one has far reaching implications for what Mihawk can do and would be abused. It is also a feat Zoro just did and has nothing to do with their pre-ts clash.

Reject the entire OP for these reasosn alone.

I countered the intelligence thing above, the only thing here that is debatable is Information Analysis which is irrelevant wherever he have profiles like this.

Technique Mimicry (Should scale massively above Alexander who could copy Ougi after seeing it once and Kensei who could copy techniques through the course of battle)

We allow scaling for skill based abilities, and in comparison to these ones this one is Relatively tame when it comes to additions. If I wanted to I could suggest adding literally every skill feat to Mihawk's profile but I'm not.

Technique Mimicry (Should scale massively above Alexander who could copy Ougi after seeing it once and Kensei who could copy techniques through the course of battle)

That sounds like a pretty bad justification unless it has been specified that he has the same ability.

If I wanted to I could suggest adding literally every skill feat to Mihawk's profile but I'm not.

Dressing up your proposal as a reasonable compromise does not make it more believable.

We certainly wouldn't allow every single skill feat being added to his profile anyway.

Cannot have it both ways. He is either titled strongest or most skilled.
I agree with this, but you can have it both ways if there are seperate statements for both respectively and I do believe i remember there was some statements of "Best/most skilled" (Looking for them now).

Assuming I'm wrong about him having statements about being the "best/most skilled" then there is still the fact Zoro on his vivre card had only acquired the skill suited to be a "master swordsman" after the time-skip while mihawk's vivre card refers to him an "extraordinary master swordsman", could be used as an alternative if necessary.

The only one here that is even arguably intelligence derivative is possibly Information Analysis, the rest are stemming from Zoro's experience with swordplay, Prediction is gained through skill, as is his technique Mimicry. He started using skill based Prediction not much longer after Mihawk yeeted him with a butter-knife and his Technique Mimicry is literally centered around copying swordplay techniques.
countered the intelligence thing above
You disagreed with it, you didn't counter it.

I agree with this, but you can have it both ways if they're are seperate statements for both respectively and I do believe i remember there was some statements of "Best/most skilled" (Looking for them now).
If you and @Qliphoth_Bacikal bring said material up I can look at it later today.
Assuming I'm wrong about him having statements about being the "best/most skilled" then there is still the fact Zoro on his vivre card had only acquired the skill suited to be a "master swordsman" after the time-skip while mihawk's vivre card refers to him an "extraordinary master swordsman", could be used as an alternative if necessary.
Semantics. Event then I go back to what I said about skill in swordsmanship and IQ abilities not being exclusive to one another.

You disagreed with it, you didn't counter it.
What do you think a "counter" is, Prediction and Technique Mimicry inherently aren't based around Zoro's IQ or intelligence. His Prediction isn't based around him reading the trajectory of attacks, so there goes that argument, and he isn't copying via memorization from his intelligence or him utilizing mathematics to find out how the ability he wants to copy works.

That sounds like a pretty bad justification unless it has been specified that he has the same ability.
It's stated that he and Yujiro are the world's best Martial Artist, so the assumption there is that they can utilize different forms of martial arts and such. This has been an accepted method of scaling, unless you wanna make a CRT to address it.
Dressing up your proposal as a reasonable compromise does not make it more believable.
I'm not dressing it up as "reasonable", it is entirely reasonable. Profiles already have this type of scaling I'm offering and it's been like that for quite some time.
We certainly wouldn't allow every single skill feat being added to his profile anyway.
Which is irrelevant as that's not what I'm arguing 🤷.

Okay I buy the rest but I really doubt Brook is a better fencer lol
You are correct in doubting that lol.
Mns1nX.gif

Will say this, his Analytical Prediction & Technique mimicry have only been shown usage from Zoro in the form of swordmanship and nothing else, thus it's fair to say they are related to swordmanship skill and not just purely IQ that Zoro can apply in any manner he wishes.

Worst case Scenario Mihawk should gain the Prediction and Mimicry, we already do it with plenty of verses so rejecting this doesn't make much sense to me.

At the bare minimum it should be noted in intelligence section.

Worst case Scenario Mihawk should gain the Prediction and Mimicry, we already do it with plenty of verses so rejecting this doesn't make much sense to me.

Other verses can be wrong too.

If Mihawk was specifically compared to Zoro and had a statement like "His prediction skills are better than yours" or "He can learn any swordsmanship technique easily" then you'd have a solid basis.

But just because Zoro is a swordsman and Mihawk is a swordsman doesn't mean Mihawk can do literally everything that Zoro can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back