• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Mario Bros. CRT: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Alright, I've addressed this several times and it hasn't been addressed back. So I ain't stoppin' til I get a solid answer.

Three things:

• Remove the Sub-Relativistic rating for the MFTL+ characters. There's absolutely no reason for that lowball. Whether or not other people or not scale to it (I'll get to that later) is irrelevant. We don't rate Goku as FTL+, likely MFTL+ because Krillin has kept up with him on occasion. Likely and possibly are used for stats and/or feats that aren't certain and it's quite possible to be something else. It's why Mario's tier NOW varies between High 4-C and 3-C. The MFTL+ feat is not only widely accepted, but it has no uncertainty and there's no values/ends that are under MFTL+. And to top it off, Mario's cross-galactic travel and ability to do quick movements and maneuvers in between Launch Stars are a few other MFTL+ feats.
  • Upgrade those who are consistently fighting with Mario or Bowser to the above level. Remember that Bowser performed the MFTL+ feat in base, and he wasn't amped until after he shot down the ship that would become Starship Mario. This would be Toad, Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Kamek, and Peach. Firstly, Kamek's magic blitzed Mario in Galaxy. There's no reason Kamek shouldn't scale, even before this thread. Second, Peach, who has kept up with Bowser in 3D World, Seven Stars, Super Paper Mario, and most importantly, in Super Paper Peach, where she took him on solo. Thirdly, the Koopalings, who fought evenly with Mario in SMB3, SMW, and all the games in the "New" series. Fourth, Bowser Jr., who's better than the Koopalings, fought with Mario in Sunshine, and given how he was very present in Galaxy, why he doesn't already scale is beyond me. Finally, Toad. His profile outright states that he's faster than the Mario Bros., which is true, as he has 5 Stars in speed in SMB2, compared to Mario's 4 and Luigi's 3. Toad has kept up with Bowser in NSMBWii, NSMBU, and 3D Land. Mayyybe King Boo as well, as he could kidnap Mario and keep up with Luigi twice. For the record, this doesn't affect the AP of anyone. The variable tier being specific for the characters in Galaxy makes sense.
  • Upgrade everyone else (who's relevant) to Relativistic+ to FTL (or one or the other). I've brought this up quite a few times too, also to have it die off. Characters can move out of the pull of a natural black hole for some time, and can even escape the pull for a time, being able to move away faster than the black hole can pull in. This happens in Mario Party (say it with me now: Black Hole Boogie) and we all know that side characters like Daisy, Waluigi, and Toadette are playable in those.

Here's some feats to help solidify this:

Mario Strikers Charged - Bowser (me) vs Petey Classic Bowser Stadium-0
Mario Strikers Charged - Bowser (me) vs Petey Classic Bowser Stadium-0

Everyone in Strikers can jump off onto a moving stadium at MFTL speeds. I've heard some really dumb arguments that because they drop down from a copter that it doesn't count, but they'd still have to be propelling themself forward at MFTL speeds to keep up with it at all.
Mario Party 9 - Boss Battle - Bowser's Block Battle
Mario Party 9 - Boss Battle - Bowser's Block Battle

Bowser can fly within the vicinity of a black hole sucking in planets, and resist its force, until the players eventually knock him in it.
Mario Party 8 - Star Battle Arena Part 6 - Bowser's Warped Orbit
Mario Party 8 - Star Battle Arena Part 6 - Bowser's Warped Orbit

Bowser's clown copter flies clearly out of Earth's solar system which is MFTL, and in Super Mario Run, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Peach, Daisy, Toadette, and Yoshi can all keep up with it.

I agree with this stuff. For the last one, I specifically agree with the Relativistic+ part, since black hole boogie has them resisting it (but still being pulled towards it a bit) while they're right in front of the event horizon. But since once they hit the event horizon they're pulled in, they shouldn't be ftl.

I remember the Mario Strikers feat being already rejected, but I agree that they should be Relativistic+ to faster-than-light via other feats.

and I just explained why its rejection makes no sense. Also I provided other MFTL feats that could apply to the likes of even Daisy and Toad. So why are we still holding onto the sub rel to rel lowball?

"Firstly, Kamek's magic blitzed Mario in Galaxy. There's no reason Kamek shouldn't scale, even before this thread."

Kamek didn't scale because this was Mario without the stars/luma. Tho I agree with everyone scaling to either unamped Bowser or the black hole feats respectively

pretty sure it's what allows Mario to use and react to launch stars.

Also, Mario was fatigued when he got attacked by Kamek

Sorry for bringing back the canon issue, but...

Shouldn´t this be considered at least? So we aren´t just combining Mario with Paper Mario?

The SUPER MARIO TIMELINE (With Super Mario Odyssey)-0
The SUPER MARIO TIMELINE (With Super Mario Odyssey)-0

That it has no canon doesn´t mean it lacks a timeline

It is better to send a message to Dyno Ranger, also a calc as a speed justification would be more appropriate for them.

Dark649 said:
It is better to send a message to Dyno Ranger, also a calc as a speed justification would be more appropriate for them.
If the reasoning is just "they scale to Mario/Bowser" or "They are fast enough that a black hole's pull is barely strong enough to pull them in" then there's not really anything to calc.

Sorry, everyone. I was tied up from work. Could you categorize all the speed stats you propose and the reasons/feats right next to them, Cal?

Mario: MFTL+ for the same reasons as he is now, but without the low end.

Bowser: MFTL+ for the same reasons as he is now, but without the low end.

Everyone else listed above: Consistently keeps up with Mario and Bowser, who are this fast.

Donkey Kong/Wario: As Star Children, they should be comparable to Mario and Bowser in all categories, including speed.

Everyone else not listed above: Scales to people like Waluigi and Daisy, who can move fast enough that a black hole can barely pull them in.

I didn't consider the Strikers feat. It being an MFTL+ feat violates how velocity works. You jump on a bus, you're not gonna fly to the back of the bus. You move at the same velocity as the bus. Does that make you 40 to 60 MPH? No.

@DragonMasters, Says Yoshi's Island DS. Just don't put a T on the end of Yoshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back