• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Mario Bros. CRT: Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I apologize for the long response. I was at work all day. It's sadly going to be like this tomorrow as well, so please bear with me. Anyway, about the Black Hole feat from MP5, is it really considered MFTL to outpace a black hole? I thought it's usually considered FTL to do so?

With all the revisions in mind, I think it would be more consistent if we rate the characters either Relativistic or FTL (Depending on which of the two are more acceptable), with the said MFTL still in check for those who qualifies.

The reasons I suggested Relativistic is due to the Bowser Statue. It actually attacks with legitimate lasers. While this only happened in SMB3, it was able to do so again in the enemy's latest appearance in the franchise, Mario Tennis Aces ,where Mario can dodge it's lasers and other attacks. Keep in mind, majority of the other cast have appeared in this game as well.

Ask for why I suggested FTL, it's Bowser's Koopa Clown Car. As we already know, it flew to the su in a short, albiet, unspecified time period in MP8 and was able to fly from the home planet to a nearby galaxy (Bowser's Space Station) in MP9. I believe it even catch up to one of the Mini-Stars. Since Mario and co. have been fighting that device since Super Mario World, it seems more reasonable. I believe they also fought the fake Millennium Star in MP3, who flew from the center of the universe to Mario's planet. Of course, there's also Black Hole Boogie from MP5, which I consider FTL rather than MFTL, especially when the said players can outpace it for only a period of time. Now that I think about it, Mario Party has alot of speed feats.

I don't think anyone suggested the Black hole feats being MFTL+; Relativistic to FTL yes. Also, forgot about the SMB3 eye Lasers feats and remember consistent laser dodging feats in the M&L series also. Massively FTL+ came from Mario Party 3 and 9 and the Galaxy games of course.

Also, understandable. I hear you the work part.

I also agree with what DRB said, was mostly answering his question regarding the black holes.

The changes have to be carried out first.

Repeating Cal's proposal although there's a few he listed who seem iffy, Bowser should be solid on Massively FTL+ speed, which scales to everyone who's legit on his level including Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Composite Donkey Kong, and Composite Wario; aka the 7 Star Children. Also heard King Boo, Bowser Jr, the 7 Koopalings, Toad, and maybe Toadette and Daisy; I'm quite iffy on the last two and neutral about the other Koopalings and Toad. Super Mario Run was the justification for Toadette and Daisy.

Everyone else such as Waluigi, Birdo, and other Mario Party characters are like Relativistic+ to FTL scaling from the various Black hole stuff.

I am not knowledgeable enough to make a judgement call. Sorry.

The Black Holes feats needs to be calced before assuming Relativistic+ to FTL [it might be one of two values if calced], and i do not think the Koopalings, Toadette and Daisy should scale to MFTL+.

With Black hole feats, isn't it just a matter of whether or not you're within the event horizon when you resist? Light speed if you touch it, Ftl if you're in it, relativistic-relativistic+ if you're outside of it.

Since Mario Party characters are just barely being pulled in while nearly touching the event horizon it should be pretty concretely relativistic+ for black hole boogie.

Toadette and Daisy should scale to the MFTL feats. Toadette could fight the final boss of Captain Toad who was powered by a Power Star, and both Toadette and Daisy can defeat and keep up with Bowser's blatantly MFTL+ clown copter in the final battle of Super Mario Run.

The only reason people don't accept the idea seems to be nothing rather than some people here don't find it believable regardless of what multiple feats say.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Toadette and Daisy should scale to the MFTL feats. Toadette could fight the final boss of Captain Toad who was powered by a Power Star, and both Toadette and Daisy can defeat and keep up with Bowser's blatantly MFTL+ clown copter in the final battle of Super Mario Run.
The only reason people don't accept the idea seems to be nothing rather than some people here don't find it believable regardless of what multiple feats say.
I have to agree with this.

I will reasume the changes:

MFTL+ [Main Characters]: Mario, Bowser, Dimentio, Donkey Kong, Paper Mario, Peach, Luigi, Shadow Queen, Yoshi, Daisy, Dark Bowser, Wario, Younger Princess Shroob, Elder Princess Shroob,.Bowser Jr., King Boo, Toad, Antasma, Megabug, Fawful, Geno, Kamek, Culex, Wingo, Zeekeeper, Cackletta, Mallow, Smithy, Wart.

Relativistic+ [Minor Bosses]: Ruined Dragon, King Bob-Omb, Shroob with UFO, Midbus, Koopalings, Petey, Mimi, Birdo, Goomboos, Rawk Hawk, Waluigi.

@Dark649

Thank you for the help. Let's wait for Dino Ranger Black to comment.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Major RPG villains; especially Dimentio and Count Bleck, who typically either stomp or simply toy with the protagonists. I personally think Dark649's list looks great, but I agree on waiting for DRB to come back.

I'm rather uncomfortable with the Koopalings receiving the lower end of the speed scale. They fought the main cast and then some, particularly the Mario, Paper Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, and the Toads (who are faster), enough times to warrant the higher end thanks to SMB3, SMW, Yoshi's Safari, NSMB games, the Mario and Luigi games, and Color Splash. The rest, however, I'm perfectly fine with but I don't think Midbus, the Princess Shrood sisters, and Rawk Hawk have profiles.

For the speed feats, let's not include the Black Hole feat from MP5 until we have a calculation for it. The rest should be sufficient enough, though, we may need a reason for why some of those characters are Relativistic.

As the guy who made the shroob sisters' profiles, I can confirm they and Midbus have profiles

Maybe they should all scale with the exception of Birdo [Mini-Boss, scales to Waluigi in speed], UFO Shroob and Waluigi, but i will let Kep decide:

Ruined Dragon = Boss. Survived a fight with Mario. Petey= Boss. Fought many times with Mario/even Paper Mario. Midbus = Boss. Fought several times with Bowser. King Bob-Omb and Goomboos = Should scale to the other kings. Mini and Rawk Hawk = Bosses. Kept up with Mario.

For the video Dyno, you can use this .

@Dark

That's perfectly fine. However, we still need a reason for why they rest will be Relativistic.

@Gyro

Is that all? I just want to make sure. Also, apart from Goomboss, are the rest really necessary?

Some of those profiles Gyro linked come from different continuities or in Pauline and Undo Dog's case are rather featless. And yeah, someone should calc the Black Hole speed feats.

Sorry. I didn't pay enough attention. I do not think so, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back