• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos vs. Arceus topic ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then stop getting tired, same diff
Oh yeah why didn't i think of that! Gee, thanks mr genius.

Then report those who make spite threads
It got reported. Nothing happened.

Why the utter **** did you use that metaphor then lol, if now you're realising how stupid and bizarre it is in retrospect then that's not on me.
Fair enough i made that metaphor at like 1AM and i was trying to be funny. Didn't work out that well, you're right. There's a better metaphor though. We have a wheat plantation and there's a weed. The weed doesn't look good, it's pointless and it sucks the nutrients out of the wheat plants. You are refusing to pluck the weed cause... Idk why actually. Instead you propose to cut off the wheat plants affected by the weed despit the fact that they could very well grow into a good plant later on if the weed is cut off.
In short, i see nothing but benefits from the topic ban and the only reason you don't wanna ban it is because "it's childish" and "get over it dude lololol".

This has to be the dumbest conversation I have had the pleasure to read on the wiki.
Likewise

Good, I do want them to leave. That is the point, if you're toxic and you can't register it without me as staff having to school you on it, you won't be on the server.
People change and if you act good towards them. I was a cringe ass teenager when i joined the wiki, acting out, causing unnecessary banter and fights, i even vandalised a profile at one point. But because i was treated well and wasn't banned i ended up becoming an active member and I've done multiple accepted verse wide revision. People have potential to do way more than my lazy ass and yet y'all just want them to leave.

Believe what you want, the fact you don't get that and I have to explain it to you right now does all it means as to
I get it, i get what you're trying to say. And in my opinion what you're trying to say is bad. Simple as that.

It's astonishing to me that people are using the fact that it's a mismatch and/or stomp as an argument NOT to ban it.
It historically attracts toxicity, and is a pointless debate. It's become a problem, and needs to be addressed.

Why would we want to create needless work for moderators when banning the terrible problematic matchup outright is an option?
I agree with this. It is also unnecessary to allow topics that might cause otherwise well-behaved members to act out of line and get a ban.

In addition, I think that we seem to have much greater staff support for adding a versus thread rule against this matchup than for trying to keep track of who has a topic ban for what for every member.

I agree with this. It is also unnecessary to allow topics that might cause otherwise well-behaved members to act out of line and get a ban.
I will assure most of the time these types of members are far from well-behaved and are instead toxic part of a very limited circle within the wiki.
In addition, I think that we seem to have much greater staff support for adding a versus thread rule against this matchup than for trying to keep track of who has a topic ban for what for every member.
I mean not really, just use their message walls. We kinda do **** up recently and don't do that, resulting in us not having track of that.

Well, I obviously agree about that we should always use message walls for official warnings and restrictions, usually here in this forum.

However, it still doesn't seem like a big deal to use an easier solution by not allowing these matchups if they encourage toxicity, and the vast majority of our staff here support this approach.

While toxic topics can show which are the most questionable users directly and all, it also encourages toxicity, which is what we'd want to avoid to begin with.
Are we going to allow Goku Vs Superman just because staff could just be doing their job instead? Of course not.

Might as well just ban all Anos and Arceus versus threads in general then... Even leaving aside this specific match-up, if you check most versus threads with the same characters, it gets hella heated and toxic. But here is the thing, most of the time, it's a specific number of people. If they don't start shit here, they will elsewhere. Like someone starting a downgrade and upgrade thread for pity reasons...

We can still limit their chances to affect well-behaving members with controversial consistently toxic topics. Restricting content revision threads is not realistic.

.....I don't think anyone spoke about CRTs? Idk where you got that idea, but to clarify once again, it's just about versus threads and something similar to it - like general discussions where it relates to versus stuff

Might as well just ban all Anos and Arceus versus threads in general then... Even leaving aside this specific match-up, if you check most versus threads with the same characters, it gets hella heated and toxic. But here is the thing, most of the time, it's a specific number of people. If they don't start shit here, they will elsewhere. Like someone starting a downgrade and upgrade thread for pity reasons...
Thing is, there aren't many possible matches and this topic specifically causes more problems than any other

Except its very common for matches from the two to delve into toxicity. So, either, we don't put a topic ban on this specific match, or we match ban both characters. Less toxicity to deal with when it comes to the latter option.

Except its very common for matches from the two to delve into toxicity. So, either, we don't put a topic ban on this specific match, or we match ban both characters. Less toxicity to deal with when it comes to the latter option.
Problem is, banning just one impossible matchup topic that derails other threads is one thing, banning all matches is sth completely going to be very much opposed by everyone as it was before.

Right...

Either ban both characters or don't ban anyone, but ban specific people from getting involved in it.

Right...

Either ban both characters or don't ban anyone, but ban specific people from getting involved in it.
that is an unreasonable absolute with no basis on why it should be that way. Banning one matchup that consistently brings in toxicity and banning all matchups for two major god tier characters of a verse are completely different things.

Toxicity on other matchups doesn't cause the same amount of unnecessary drama as this one. Banning this topic will indeed solve some issues. Banning all matches won't solve anything. In fact, the matchup, as i said, is impossible in the first place, yet it gets brought up everywhere including revisions.

Or you can stop the people from participating in threads involved... "I don't want this character match banned because fun, but will ruin fun for others" - is what I am getting from this proposal here.

.....I don't think anyone spoke about CRTs? Idk where you got that idea, but to clarify once again, it's just about versus threads and something similar to it - like general discussions where it relates to versus stuff
I misread. Sorry about that.

Anyway, it depends on whether other versus threads featuring these characters also constantly turn toxic.

Or you can stop the people from participating in threads involved... "I don't want this character match banned because fun, but will ruin fun for others" - is what I am getting from this proposal here.
first up, i don't get you here.

Second of all, what i am proposing is banning a match that has been a stomp before and is impossible now and was never fun in the first place. Other matchups are okay, but it is Anos vs Arceus that gets brought up so often in places it doesn't belong. That is why i wanna ban it, because it should at least stop people from bringing it up constantly for no reason everywhere and increase tension between the fans of both series.

That is an unreasonable absolute with no basis on why it should be that way. Banning one matchup that consistently brings in toxicity and banning all matchups for two major god tier characters of a verse are completely different things.
First up, I don't get you here.

Second of all, what I am proposing is banning a match that has been a stomp before and is impossible now and was never fun in the first place. Other matchups are okay, but it is Anos vs Arceus that gets brought up so often in places it doesn't belong. That is why I wanna ban it, because it should at least stop people from bringing it up constantly for no reason everywhere and increase tension between the fans of both series.
This seems to make sense to me.

Are we going to allow Goku Vs Superman just because staff could just be doing their job instead? Of course not.
Goku vs. Superman is half the wiki apeing over it, this is WORST CASE SCENARIO, 5 users tops, think harder, the cases are not comparable noting scale.

Genuinely, don't try and fester toxicity by making it harder for them to be reported.

Goku vs. Superman is half the wiki apeing over it, this is WORST CASE SCENARIO, 5 users tops, think harder, the cases are not comparable noting scale.

Genuinely, don't try and fester toxicity by making it harder for them to be reported.
So which members should be topic-banned based on this suggestion? Doing so to a dozen members, and continuously adding more does not seem practical, for example.

So which members should be topic-banned based on this suggestion? Doing so to a dozen members, and continuously adding more does not seem practical, for example.
I don't think a dozen members are involved total, in this scenario, it's just an immense failure to report them.

Well, I still think that just forbidding the matchup to avoid provoking toxicity seems more practical to apply.

so uh about this thread. Now that the match is possible again, i think it is a good idea to finally implement this, no?

In my all candidly, I don't see any significance in banning the topic as the match is probably stomp.
So banning the topic or not, won't really impact anything at the end.

Also pretty sure both sides have good exponential betterment in their conduct.

Last edited:
In my all candidly, I don't see any significance in banning the topic as the match is probably stomp.
So banning the topic or not, won't really impact anything at the end.

artworks-Q61q2IpGG3x0QvIQ-FRIyHw-t500x500.jpg

It was a tier stomp for a very long time, that didn’t stop it from causing a shit ton of toxicity

I definitely haven’t seen any evidence to support this claim

It was a tier stomp for a very long time, that didn’t stop it from causing a shit ton of toxicity
And we both know that for a very long time, there are no matches from both sides. So this toxicity that you are claiming is non-existent.
Either way, none of from sides are even aroused in the match. As I said, banning the topic or not won't impact anything.
I definitely haven’t seen any evidence to support this claim
Evidence? I have been active for a whole month or two, and don't see the word “Arceus” in MG thread and neither in the server.
Hell, the match is not even engrossing to begin with.

As I said, you can ban the topic, no one really cares about the match.

Toxicity can happen in more places than vs debates
And I already mentioned that even on those places where vs debates are not involved, the battle is boring.
I don't know why you want to ban topic. No one cares about it.

Last edited:
So which staff members here think what about this topic?

I don't know much about the matter though I did see people arguing about Arceus and Anos even though I'm not involved much with Pokemon or Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, so if the toxity really is an issue, then this might actually be an appropriate thing to do.
The amount that I actually care about Anos Voldigoad and his whole series is negligible at best. However, I have seen people whine and complain about these two constantly and I do agree it is absurd. If people want to ban the topic, especially since it isn't even possible anymore, then you can be my guest. I really have no stake in this.
I too have no stake in the situation so I don't really mind the ban either way.
I don't see anything wrong with this
I suppose this is fine.
I've seen how certain members act regarding these two and it's just sad. Though I seriously doubt this match/discussion ban will stop how some people are acting about this but if others think it will help then by all means go ahead.
Could't care either way about this but fairly sure we got over DC vs Dragon Ball real quickly to the point where fair matches do happen now.
I already want to see all those annoying people who come to promote the toxicity of Anos vs Arceus every now and then getting banned. And not only Anos vs Arceus but also the toxicity of the communities between them.
I’m in agreement with the ban
It's astonishing to me that people are using the fact that it's a mismatch and/or stomp as an argument NOT to ban it.
It historically attracts toxicity, and is a pointless debate. It's become a problem, and needs to be addressed.

Why would we want to create needless work for moderators when banning the terrible problematic matchup outright is an option?

There is a list of every piece of opening input current staff have given, it should be noted that if staff changed their mind over the course of this thread that won’t have been represented, though I don’t recall that happening

Okay. I think that we can add a new section to our Discussion Rules then. Is somebody here willing to write a draft for the text in question?

Okay. Thank you for helping out.
How about a

"Please avoid discussing the matchup between Anos Voldigoad and Arceus. This rule has been implemented due to the vast amounts of toxicity it has brought to the forum to the point where fans would end up constantly mentioning and arguing about these characters on revisions and versus threads unrelated to the matchup."

"Please avoid discussing the matchup between Anos Voldigoad and Arceus. This matchup has brought vast amounts of toxicity, namely constant mentions and arguments about these characters on revisions and versus threads unrelated to the matchup."

Perhaps this could work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back