• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos vs. Arceus topic ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings. I have gotten permission to post this thread by @Antvasima .

There have been multiple clashes and fights over a certain topic for the last many months, even a year - Arceus vs. Anos Voldigoad.

It was a big debate and it kept bringing more and more toxicity to this place. Currently there hasn't been a single Arceus thread where Anos would be brought up. Heck, a thread was made to downgrade Arceus that apparently happened because of spite where it ended up becoming a bunch of Arceus and Anos supporters clowning on each other like baffoons.

It was brought up in the RVR thread that banning the matchup and discussion is a good option, kinda how a certain bleach vs naruto matchup got banned. In my opinion, this topic should indeed be banned for the reason of it bringing in more toxicity and for the reason that the matchup is no longer possible in the first place since Anos is 2-A and at best might become 1-B someday, meanwhile Arceus is Low 1-C and his current potential peaks at 1-C. AKA, they aren't going to be fighting much anymore. Considering this matchup isn't even possible no more and still brings in toxicity, the topic should be outright banned.

I don't know much about the matter though I did see people arguing about Arceus and Anos even though I'm not involved much with Pokemon or Maou Gakuin no Futekigousha, so if the toxity really is an issue, then this might actually be an appropriate thing to do.

The amount that I actually care about Anos Voldigoad and his whole series is negligible at best. However, I have seen people whine and complain about these two constantly and I do agree it is absurd. If people want to ban the topic, especially since it isn't even possible anymore, then you can be my guest. I really have no stake in this.

I too have no stake in the situation so I don't really mind the ban either way.

for the reason that the matchup is no longer possible in the first place since Anos is 2-A and at best might become 1-B someday, meanwhile Arceus is Low 1-C and his current potential peaks at 1-C. AKA, they aren't going to be fighting much anymore.
Considering that Arceus doesn't have tier 1 hax and the fact that Anos' chance at becoming Low 1-C is better then 1-B, I think the matchup is still very much possible. Them fighting for that strongest list is probably bound to happen so I don't know what would be done then if this passes.

First up, who tf let yall in here? This is a staff thread, unless you've asked for permisson y'all aren't allowed in here.

Second, the matchup has happened many times before and it was established that Arceus stomps 2-B Anos cause of Large size and good hax and gets stomped by 2-A Anos because of 99+ layered hax. This matchup isn't viable anymore as Anos can't affect Low 1-C beings

Okay, just gonna let this excerpt from the Versus Thread Rules speak for itself.

Try to avoid controversial matchups, such as Son Goku versus Superman, as they recurrently lead to hostility between different members.
From the actions of everyone here, it's clear that Anos vs. Arceus solidly falls into this rule, and if people are seriously going to go out of their way to comment in staff threads to get their way, perhaps a ban is in order.

After all, we have banned matches between Madara and Kaguya vs. One Piece and Bleach characters for similar reasoning, despite their compatible tiering.

Okay, just gonna let this excerpt from the Versus Thread Rules speak for itself.

From the actions of everyone here, it's clear that Anos vs. Arceus solidly falls into this rule, and if people are seriously going to go out of their way to comment in staff threads to get their way, perhaps a ban is in order.

After all, we have banned matches between Madara and Kaguya vs. One Piece and Bleach characters for similar reasoning, despite their compatible tiering.
thank you. THANK. YOU.

It seems like this suggestion has nearly been accepted then, although we should preferably wait a while longer for further input. Is somebody willing to write a draft for a rule text in the meantime?

I don’t want to but in too much here but I think any debate that leads to posts like

Mayyyybe causes more animosity between fanbases than it’s worth, fully agree with the topic ban
Where is your relevant quote taken from?

Okay. I will check. Sorry about being forgetful.

Just wanted to draw attention on certain problem. He can't win but can incon.
No he definitely cannot at this point
Seriously the only reason Anos could ever win or Incon was because his passives one shot Arceus

Anyways it definitely falls under the Versus Thread Rule and I support the ban

Last edited:

The mere fact that a matchup between an obscure Saitama wannabe and 1 out of 1000 Pokémon (even if it is god) gets as toxic as HST matches and ************* Goku vs Superman makes me disappointed in everyone involved.

I'm actually of the opinion the ban is needless, bad actors get pointed out if the discussion continues and RVR action gets easily taken against them, that's a way better way to handle it and maintain community stability :v

Otherwise said users will just find other verses to be toxic against.

I'm actually of the opinion the ban is needless, bad actors get pointed out if the discussion continues and RVR action gets easily taken against them, that's a way better way to handle it and maintain community stability :v

Otherwise said users will just find other verses to be toxic against.
bruh
This isn't the point at all.
I haven't seen anything done in the RVR thread regarding that (besides a single random new guy who got toxic and banned)
What about the cases where people just do the same toxic things but walk a fine line between the rules? It's still the same level of toxicity because it just gets brought up again and again and they just don't stop and it all piles up into a big dumpster fire.

Think of it like this. We could just wait and warn and ban "bad actors" or we could just prevent any of those bans and reports and unnecessary drama by banning one impossible matchup that keeps being brought up everywhere including threads just related to those characters. I believe that a simple rule can just counter all of it and will make your job easier.

I haven't seen anything done in the RVR thread
Then maybe report people when they're being toxic, I don't see your point in not doing basic due diligence in reporting :v
What about the cases where people just do the same toxic things but walk a fine line between the rules? It's still the same level of toxicity because it just gets brought up again and again and they just don't stop and it all piles up into a big dumpster fire.
I'll actually say if it's unreportable toxicity, it's negligible toxicity, and pointlessly topic-banning shit in regards to it is needless.

XXKING got banned on what'll be considered mild offenses at best, even.
We could just wait and warn and ban "bad actors" or we could just prevent any of those bans and reports and unnecessary drama by banning one impossible matchup that keeps being brought up everywhere including threads just related to those characters.
We don't prevent shit, said fellas are still in community and will just ape on another thread.

It's not a matter of an "easy job", it's a matter of community protection, faster we catch people being asshats, faster we deal with them and the lesser people have to deal with their shit.

hen maybe report people when they're being toxic, I don't see your point in not doing basic due diligence in reporting :v
i haven't seen a single person get reported for banter as such, like if someone says "lol Anos>Arceus" for the thousandth time its still not gonna be report or ban worthy
I'll actually say if it's unreportable toxicity, it's negligible toxicity, and pointlessly topic-banning shit in regards to it is needless.
its not pointless, the entire matchup is pointless and still gets brought up and derails stuff. It's better to ban it and just never have to deal with it unless there's a good damn reason for it being brought up again.
XXKING got banned on what'll be considered mild offenses at best, even.
after derailing threads for hundreds of messages, stonewalling like he's RPing attack on titan, suggesting suspicious actions to make CRTs accepted, annoying people for like half a year straight and just being over the top obnoxious. This was all after being banned before.
Now compare it to some unbanned dude who brings a single joke about Arceus vs Anos into the ocean of unnecessary comments about this topic or just bring it up overall. Is it gonna get him banned? No. Warned? Probably not. Is it gonna stop anyone? Heck no.

We don't prevent shit, said fellas are still in community and will just ape on another thread.
We do prevent it. We prevent two sides of fans from attacking each other unnecessarily. Note, this is a very anomalous case since only big shot shonen anime matchups have been getting as annoying and obnoxious in the past before. If this specific matchup gets banned then basically all banter will just vanish instantly and there won't be another topic to "ape on another thread".

It's not a matter of an "easy job", it's a matter of community protection, faster we catch people being asshats, faster we deal with them and the lesser people have to deal with their shit.
people can make mistakes and certain things piss people off more than others and can end up triggering them more than anything else, thus causing unnecessary drama. Let's say you have an f-ton of children. There is a game which causes the kids to fight over it and get violent and angry. You've two options. 1: prohibit the game and say that you'll get punished if you play it. 2: shoot all the angry kids in the head. Currently you are trying to shoot them kids in the head rather than prohibit that game that will literally change nothing if it gets banned.

You are literally arguing against a line of text that will cancel out a bunch of unnecessary conflict and instead trying to use it as bait to find people who might get heated over the topic so you can get them. I believe that this is inefficient and dumb.

It was a big debate and it kept bringing more and more toxicity to this place. Currently there hasn't been a single Arceus thread where Anos would be brought up. Heck, a thread was made to downgrade Arceus that apparently happened because of spite where it ended up becoming a bunch of Arceus and Anos supporters clowning on each other like baffoons.
This here can you show me where anyone of Maou Gakuin supporters acted toxic in that thread. Only Fixxed disagreed with Arcueus rating and he made a downgrade CRT none of the maou Gakuin suppoters even made a single comments in there.

Also it has been already pointed out in RVR only people who were moking that thread were Pokemon fans. Even that was already resolved.
i haven't seen a single person get reported for banter as such, like if someone says "lol Anos>Arceus" for the thousandth time its still not gonna be report or ban worthy
This statement is unnecessary thing. You are acting like Pokemon supporters don't act like toxic. Atleast admit both fans are at their bad ends. Also what you said ain't even ban worthy. Just so someone says some character is stronger means toxic to you? 🤦.

Anyway I agree with the match Ban. This topic really creating unnecessary hate towards Maou Gakuin fandom.

Anyway didn't wanted to derail this thread only replying because some others non staff did.

This here can you show me where anyone of Maou Gakuin supporters acted toxic in that thread. Only Fixxed disagreed with Arcueus rating and he made a downgrade CRT none of the maou Gakuin suppoters even made a single comments in there.

Also it has been already pointed out in RVR only people who were moking that thread were Pokemon fans. Even that was already resolved.
I don't give a damn who did what and who's responsible. Point is, one person made a spite thread who was a MG fan and he got clowned on by poke fans and this is a prime example of this matchup sucking. I am sorry if I got sth wrong, I mostly meant Fixxed when i said the two sides were clowning on each other.
This statement is unnecessary thing. You are acting like Pokemon supporters don't act like toxic. Atleast admit both fans are at their bad ends. Also what you said ain't even ban worthy. Just so someone says some character is stronger means toxic to you?
First off, i am just using examples. Yes, I am biased for pokemon fans, but no, that doesn't mean that I deny that they have done loads of wack shiz. They have, even when i told people to chill and to stop they still continued on and that just adds to the reason on why i want to ban this topic even more.

For the second part, i explicitly said that saying one character is above another isn't ban or report worthy. It, however, adds to the already existing amount of toxicity and it can cause another argument or a chain of arguments.

Anyway I agree with the match Ban. This topic really creating unnecessary hate towards Maou Gakuin fandom.

Anyway didn't wanted to derail this thread only replying because some others non staff did.
Glad you get me.

I hard disagree with this. A rule of thumb when arguments consistently happen is seek out and isolate what makes them happen. In this case itd be toxic people. So just report those who cause arguments rather then this course of action.

I hard disagree with this. A rule of thumb when arguments consistently happen is seek out and isolate what makes them happen. In this case itd be toxic people. So just report those who cause arguments rather then this course of action.
arguments aren't always the problem it is also derailment and stuff that generally can't get you reported but causes issues and potential for arguments.

Could't care either way about this but fairly sure we got over DC vs Dragon Ball real quickly to the point where fair matches do happen now.

Could't care either way about this but fairly sure we got over DC vs Dragon Ball real quickly to the point where fair matches do happen now.
thing is, the match has been established as a stomp like in March, April, maybe even before that. It was a stomp in Anos' favor. With the tier upgrades the match is no longer doable so it was never good in the first place but it was still brought up constantly.

arguments aren't always the problem it is also derailment and stuff that generally can't get you reported but causes issues and potential for arguments.
Derailment is solveable aswell. Just make that both warnable and punishable if continued. Im still seeing no reason for a rule to be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back