• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anos vs. Arceus topic ban

Status
Not open for further replies.
Derailment is solveable aswell. Just make that both warnable and punishable if continued. Im still seeing no reason for a rule to be created.
give me one reason for it not to be crated? Oh and "w-well it might be possible someday in the future!" doesn't count. Literally just make a line of text saying no to an already impossible match and you'll just completely cut off all possible toxic interactions related to that topic

thing is, the match has been established as a stomp like in March, April, maybe even before that. It was a stomp in Anos' favor. With the tier upgrades the match is no longer doable so it was never good in the first place but it was still brought up constantly.
Then it's just a mismatch and a stomp. End it there. I don't see the reason behind making the ban solely out of toxicity, which is absolutely the fault of the member and not the characters and their abilities themselves.

give me one reason for it not to be crated? Oh and "w-well it might be possible someday in the future!" doesn't count. Literally just make a line of text saying no to an already impossible match and you'll just completely cut off all possible toxic interactions related to that topic
Because theres no good reason to get rid of it? You legit say the match cant even be done do to tiers. Thats like locking a disabled person to their wheelchair. Whats the need, its not like they’re gunna move.

Then it's just a mismatch and a stomp. End it there. I don't see the reason behind making the ban solely out of toxicity, which is absolutely the fault of the member and not the characters and their abilities themselves.
this type of ban literally happened before for the same reason like some Naruto matches and such. Those weren't even stomps, they were legitimate and the characters shared a tier. they still got banned doe.

Because theres no good reason to get rid of it? You legit say the match cant even be done do to tiers. Thats like locking a disabled person to their wheelchair. Whats the need, its not like they’re gunna move.
THERE IS A GOOD REASON. ffs how hard is it to understand that if you cut off the unnecessary river that brings in poison then you won't get poisoned no more? A single line of text and any potential drama is gone and yet you say its pointless? If i had to chose between seeing more drama in the future and tearing the drama out with the roots then i'd chose the latter since it literally makes everyone's lives 10x easier.

I already want to see all those annoying people who come to promote the toxicity of Anos vs Arceus every now and then getting banned. And not only Anos vs Arceus but also the toxicity of the communities between them.

ffs how hard is it to understand that if you cut off the unnecessary river that brings in poison then you won't get poisoned no more?
a) You literally cant even do the thread due to tiers
b) Just punish the toxic people? Wouldnt that both make a possible thread non toxic, and also gets rid of toxic people aswell

Yall just need to act grown, and have the kids sit at the kiddy table away from where the grownups speak. Simple as.

b) Just punish the toxic people? Wouldnt that both make a possible thread non toxic, and also gets rid of toxic people aswell

Yall just need to act grown, and have the kids sit at the kiddy table away from where the grownups speak. Simple as.
At this point you're just stonewalling.

I say we prevent drama, you say we let drama happen and ban people. You are chosing the least favorable choice here.

a) This really hasn’t stopped Anos getting brought up in every Arceus thread, also even the tier difference isn’t enough, we had a Arceus downgrade CRT that in all likelihood was designed to make 2-A Anos capable of beating Low 1-C Arceus lmao

b) Toxicity is kind of just inevitable, when a civil discussion cannot be held it’s better to nip the debate in the bud and ban it, so these two communities which have slowly began to hate each other don’t end up clashing. “Punishing toxic people” is just locking the gate after the horse has bolted, if there’s nothing to gain from a discussion and toxicity is also an inevitability, why not just ban it? What is lost compared to what is irrefutably gained?

It's astonishing to me that people are using the fact that it's a mismatch and/or stomp as an argument NOT to ban it.
It historically attracts toxicity, and is a pointless debate. It's become a problem, and needs to be addressed.

Why would we want to create needless work for moderators when banning the terrible problematic matchup outright is an option?

a) This really hasn’t stopped Anos getting brought up in every Arceus thread, also even the tier difference isn’t enough, we had a Arceus downgrade CRT that in all likelihood was designed to make 2-A Anos capable of beating Low 1-C Arceus lmao
Don't try to make it look like we (Maou) are the only ones with the problem.

I am aware I am a non staff member, but what is the point of having a staff discussion if non staff members without any permission is gonna keep discussing this and doing it in circles?

Don't try to make it look like we (Maou) are the only ones with the problem.
I’m... not? Vice versa probably applies yeah but I’ve only interacted with the Pokémon side and spoke from my own experiences, obviously both sides are about equal in toxicity, that comes with any debate gone incredibly sour

I still remember Pokemon fans bringing up Arceus in Anos vs Rimuru match up. Don't make it look like only Maou Gakuin fans are at fault even though Arceus downgrade thread was done by one guy who disagreed with Arcueus rating. You are making it sounds like all Maou Gakuin supporters at fault. Atleast admit both sides are at fault.

Last edited:
I still remember Pokemon fans bringing up Arceus in Anos vs Rimuru match up. Don't make look like only Maou Gakuin fans are at fault even though Arceus downgrade thread was done by one guy who disagreed with Arcueus rating. You are making it sounds like all Maou Gakuin supporters at fault. Atleast admit both sides are at fault.
Read my post right above yours

I am aware I am a non staff member, but what is the point of having a staff discussion if non staff members without any permission is gonna keep discussing this and doing it in circles?
I don't know about others, but I've been discussing Anos and Arceus for over a year and even longer and these last few months it has intensified. That's why I'm giving my opinion, besides many here shouldn't even be talking since they just jump in to talk practically nothing about both Anos and Arceus and the main reason is because I'm tired, mainly of the clowns who have nothing to contribute to this and just jump in to throw hate at both Maou and its community. I didn't say much about throwing hate at Arceus and Pokemon, because I've always been on the receiving end of hate and yet I don't throw hate at anyone. I always respect the "Only Staff" rules, but it bothers me to see so much hypocrisy. Bye.

I still remember Pokemon fans bringing up Arceus in Anos vs Rimuru match up. Don't make look like only Maou Gakuin fans are at fault even though Arceus downgrade thread was done by one guy who disagreed with Arcueus rating. You are making it sounds like all Maou Gakuin supporters at fault. Atleast admit both sides are at fault.
Can we at least stop nitpicking and let actual staff members voice their opinion on the match ban?

Arguing over certain details of someone’s own post is kinda considered a waste of time.

Can we at least stop nitpicking and let actual staff members voice their opinion on the match ban?

Arguing over certain details of someone’s own post is kinda considered a waste of time.
Sure bro. I am just pointing out unnecessary false claims towards Maou Gakuin supporters & unnecessary hate.

Anyway I am gonna stop replying let staff handle this

I already want to see all those annoying people who come to promote the toxicity of Anos vs Arceus every now and then getting banned. And not only Anos vs Arceus but also the toxicity of the communities between them.
???

That is something I wouldn’t even encourage doing in the slightest.

Sure bro. I am just pointing out unnecessary false claims towards Maou Gakuin supporters & unnecessary hate.

Anyway I am gonna stop replying let staff handle this
False accusations? If you are accusing a person of unnecessary hate and false claims, you are making that accusation yourself. Edit: False or not, it does depends on the evidence too.

Either way, let the staff members look at this thread and see if they agreed, disagreed, or neutral to the thread’s proposal.

Honestly I prefer if we see more staffs input to see what they have to say.

Last edited:
I literally clarified my position, I don’t have some hate boner for a random Anime/Manga/Whatever Mao is, trust me

that’s my last post here for reasons mentioned above about staff threads being, well, staff threads lol

You know what i kinda see your point now Arceus. Them mfs annoying. Nuke the topic untill Anos becomes L1-C so he can fight for top 5.

You know what i kinda see your point now Arceus. Them mfs annoying. Nuke the topic untill Anos becomes L1-C so he can fight for top 5.
Tbh he's still gonna get stomped. Arceus' abilities are not even Low 1-C atm and if Anos gains Low 1-C he's probably keeping his 99+ layers of hax. Either way they'd still get stomped by every 6D character and the debate would end up pointless. So overall, unless a miracle happens, we should keep this debate under lock. Thanks for understanding me.

It seems like this suggestion has nearly been accepted then, although we should preferably wait a while longer for further input. Is somebody willing to write a draft for a rule text in the meantime?
so it seems there are so far no more arguments against this unless Impress wants to add sth later on. The overwhelming majority agrees and those who have disagreed (besides impress and KLOL) have been convinced otherwise.

Do you by any chance have a sample of the text used to ban the discussion of some naruto vs bleach matches in the past? Cause if so then i could use it as an example and write the text for the discussion rule.

Last edited:
i haven't seen a single person get reported for banter as such, like if someone says "lol Anos>Arceus" for the thousandth time its still not gonna be report or ban worthy
Stop getting offended over that if it's minor to that extent, lol, then you're just saying you're immensely petty.
its not pointless, the entire matchup is pointless and still gets brought up and derails stuff.
You can report people for derailing
Now compare it to some unbanned dude who brings a single joke about Arceus vs Anos into the ocean of unnecessary comments about this topic or just bring it up overall. Is it gonna get him banned? No. Warned? Probably not. Is it gonna stop anyone? Heck no.
Again, do you not see how damn immature you're being here by topic banning this, man? "A single joke about Arceus vs Anos" doesn't get justified the answer "NOBODY ON THE WIKI SHOULD MENTION THAT MATCH HOW DARE YOU DO THAT", just ******* ignore it.
people can make mistakes and certain things piss people off more than others and can end up triggering them more than anything else, thus causing unnecessary drama. Let's say you have an f-ton of children. There is a game which causes the kids to fight over it and get violent and angry. You've two options. 1: prohibit the game and say that you'll get punished if you play it. 2: shoot all the angry kids in the head. Currently you are trying to shoot them kids in the head rather than prohibit that game that will literally change nothing if it gets banned.
You're not my kid and I'm not murdering you, you're a random-ass grown adult on a forum apeing publicly about fictional character 1 wrecking fictional character 2 so frequently across multiple threads it's getting on others' nerves, and I'm banning you from an obscure vs. debating forum. THE HUMANITY!

And no I won't ******* ban a game for my kids anyways, I'll teach my kids to not be jackass over it. What the **** kinda parenting are yiu talking about?
You are literally arguing against a line of text that will cancel out a bunch of unnecessary conflict and instead trying to use it as bait to find people who might get heated over the topic so you can get them. I believe that this is inefficient and dumb.
I believe what you're doing is censorey, overreactive, petty and even dumber.

Haven't read the whole thing but based off OP...

I don't like topic bans in general for versus threads, even though I did propose one for another verse some time ago.

Instead of banning a whole topic, why not ban specific people from participating in certain matches. That seems like a much better solution than ruining fun for countless other people. If 15 people start shit, just ban those 15 people from participating in threads like that. Because a few people cannot keep their temper in check over who beats up who, it doesn't mean tons more needs to be punished for no reason.

To;Dr, ban specific people from participating rather than whole ass topics.

Haven't read the whole thing but based off OP...

I don't like topic bans in general for versus threads, even though I did propose one for another verse some time ago.

Instead of banning a whole topic, why not ban specific people from participating in certain matches. That seems like a much better solution than ruining fun for countless other people. If 15 people start shit, just ban those 15 people from participating in threads like that. Because a few people cannot keep their temper in check over who beats up who, it doesn't mean tons more needs to be punished for no reason.

To;Dr, ban specific people from participating rather than whole ass topics.
Do you have any idea as to which specific people we would ban from specific matches and what criteria we would use for that?

We don't have to ban anyone just yet. Just when the next match up comes up, and whoever starts a fight, just put a ban on them from discussing certain characters in versus threads or related to it.

Stop getting offended over that if it's minor to that extent, lol, then you're just saying you're immensely petty.
I'm not getting offended i am getting tired of seeing the same shiz over and over again when the matchup isn't even possible.

You can report people for derailing
Ok

Again, do you not see how damn immature you're being here by topic banning this, man? "A single joke about Arceus vs Anos" doesn't get justified the answer "NOBODY ON THE WIKI SHOULD MENTION THAT MATCH HOW DARE YOU DO THAT", just ******* ignore it.
Not saying that this is a major offense, just that it adds up to the big amount of petty things like this and major things like the spite thread.

not my kid and I'm not murdering you, you're a random-ass grown adult on a forum apeing publicly about fictional character 1 wrecking fictional character 2 so frequently across multiple threads it's getting on others' nerves, and I'm banning you from an obscure vs. debating forum. THE HUMANITY!
Now that's just plain misunderstanding and rude. I used a metaphor to explain my point and you are currently trying to use it to ridicule me. Never have i ever called myself your child, wtf is wrong with you are you drunk? I ain't apeing about shit, i am arguing that if something causes drama then that sth shouldn't be a thing. I don't even care who wins the matchul like i said, what i am saying is that regardless of the outcome it still causes conflict and creates ground for conflict.

And no I won't ******* ban a game for my kids anyways, I'll teach my kids to not be jackass over it. What the **** kinda parenting are yiu talking about?
Then how about you do that and not f-ing shoot them in the head? Because ffs banning people who cause those offenses isn't "teaching them how to not be a jackass" it just makes them leave 90% of the time.

I believe what you're doing is censorey, overreactive, petty and even dumber
I believe you are promoting more and more drama in the future and your approach is lazy and apathetic

Could we please stop talking about shooting kids in the head, and with the hostility?
It's a bit worrying that even the staff thread around this topic can't stay civil.

Last edited:
I'm not getting offended i am getting tired of seeing the same shiz over and over again when the matchup isn't even possible.
Then stop getting tired, same diff.
Not saying that this is a major offense, just that it adds up to the big amount of petty things like this and major things like the spite thread.
Then report those who make spite threads
Now that's just plain misunderstanding and rude. I used a metaphor to explain my point and you are currently trying to use it to ridicule me. Never have i ever called myself your child
Why the utter **** did you use that metaphor then lol, if now you're realising how stupid and bizarre it is in retrospect then that's not on me.
I ain't apeing about shit, i am arguing that if something causes drama then that sth shouldn't be a thing. I don't even care who wins the matchul like i said, what i am saying is that regardless of the outcome it still causes conflict and creates ground for conflict.

Then how about you do that and not f-ing shoot them in the head?
This has to be the dumbest conversation I have had the pleasure to read on the wiki.
Because ffs banning people who cause those offenses isn't "teaching them how to not be a jackass" it just makes them leave 90% of the time.
Good, I do want them to leave. That is the point, if you're toxic and you can't register it without me as staff having to school you on it, you won't be on the forum.

We value having etiquette here, this isn't 4chan or some shit.
I believe you are promoting more and more drama in the future and your approach is lazy and apathetic
Believe what you want, the fact you don't get that and I have to explain it to you right now does all it means as to the calibre of debates you're giving right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back