• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Yeah, and Pachi debunked that.
Nope.

Those kids were explicitly amped by beings above even True Pennywise's paygrade, on a physical, mental and spiritual level.

And as I said, you can only hurt True Pennywise by the ritual of Chud, hurting the avatar is meaningless for the true self.

Pachi's words were just empty assumptions

Those weren't normal kids.

Ok, can you show a scan that states that they were explicitly amped by Gan then?
They were also amped by Maturin in the first round. In the second Round, they were adults and Richie was able to hurt IT'S Spider form by an entity called "The other" presumibly Gan.

So they were amped by two Gods to fight the clown, not just one.
I've read the book too

They were also amped by Maturin in the first round. In the second Round, they were adults and Richie was able to hurt IT'S Spider form by an entity called "The other" presumibly Gan.

So they were amped by two Gods to fight the clown, not just one.
I've read the book too
So do you have a scan?

So do you have a scan?
Sorry for being late, I couldn't find any raw scans, It is extremely difficult to find scans of The Dark Tower, don't know why.

But, I've read the book, why I would lie to you saying all of this???

Anyway, I've read the book and I'm going to give you some information from the Wikia:

"In this time It is able to escape further into her lair, dropping eggs along the way that Ben stays to crush, as Beverly remains with Eddie's body. Reluctantly Richie leaves Eddie and Bill leaves Audra to go further after It needing to ensure It dies this time. Finding It, they hit It with their collective belief and love and childhood nostalgia ALONG WITH THE POWER OF THE OTHER, Richie is knocked out, Bill crushes Its heart between his hands, and carries Richie, who he believes may be dead, back to the other Losers."

In It, Maturin seemed to serve largely as a spectator to the events that unfolded in the battle between It and the Losers' Club. Maturin only involved himself and advised the young Bill Denbrough during the Ritual of Chüd in 1958, while Gan provided the Losers with most of their strength. Maturin initially politely introduced himself to Bill, and upon his plea for help simply stated that he “took no stand” in the matters at hand. However, after considering his “brother” with some disdain and contempt, Maturin swiftly provided great council and advice to the young man, assuring that It was ultimately afraid of Bill, human potential, and of the Turtle himself. Maturin ultimately urged Bill to battle the monstrous being with his willpower, mental strength, and internal faith and believe. With the Turtle’s encouragement and support; Bill overpowers and badly wounds It; forcing It into retreat

Last edited:
So Yeah, that said.

Pennywise's type 9 still applicable in combat, but, Anos could incap Penny with his vast array of Hax

Incon? Demon Boy can't kill Clown Cuz of type 9 Inmortality, and Clown can't kill Demon Boy Cuz of High Godly.

Anos NEP type 2 is only to his source, he still can be affected, Corrosion won't rlly be that effective
What about Time manipulation?

Also, Anos could use Nothingness (NEP Type 2) to protect himself from everything Pennywise throws at him.

Also, don't forget that he could control Penny's movements (Not his mind) by compulsion Magic. He could just make Pennywise hit himself indefinitely for eternity, that could work as incap.

Last edited:
What about Time manipulation?

Also, Anos could use Nothingness (NEP Type 2) to protect himself from everything Pennywise throws at him.

Also, don't forget that he could control Penny's movements (Not his mind) by compulsion Magic. He could just make Pennywise hit himself indefinitely, that could work as incap.
his Madness hax works from eye contact on his Avatar key

His nothingness only protect his source(concept), I don't know if Anos can use his nothingness to protect him from mental attacks.
It should, becouse when using Nothingness It should make himself nonexistant, so any Haxxes which can't interact with NEP type 2 are simple useless.

Also, don't forget Anos's compulsion Magic, he could just order Pennywise to hit himself indefinitely for eternity, incaping him, that could work as one of Anos's wincons.

I don’t have much experience with Madness hax so I went to the page to see roughly what it is .......... it looks like it only hits the mind.

Definitely not, there are other characters who can induce Madness to inanimate objects and objects that shouldn't physically be able to go mad (Cthulhu from Cthulhu Saves the World), it's why Type 2 Mind Manip is distinguished from Type 3. So one cannot assume that a lack of mind automatically means a resistance to it. Especially since Type 3 affects other aspects outside of just the Mind.

Last edited:
Okay but the description for Type 3 makes no mention of that. Like I said, it don’t have any experience with this stuff. If Pennywise’ works on things without a mind, you can just post the scan that says that.

Type 2 madness affects the mind, type 3 is because something is so incomprehensible that it drives you insane.

This, even the Limitations of Type 3 Madness implies that Resistance to Mind Manip doesn't help whatsoever:
  • Limitations: Those who are capable of perceiving, understanding and/or experiencing that which is naturally extreme or incomprehensible should be able to ignore this. Likewise, unless there is evidence to suggest differently, beings whose physical forms are similarly complex or extreme in nature are likely to be unaffected by exposure to such a being.
So unless Anos explicitly resists the Madness from beings like those of Lovecraftian and other cosmic entities, he doesn't resist Type 3 Madness

Can't Anos just close his eyes so that he can't see Pennywise's true form? Or does type 3 Madness still affect him?

Madness Type 3 is not seeing, it's perceiving so just being blind wouldn't work. You need explicit resistance to the nature of cosmic beings, otherwise many other characters in other settings could just close their eyes lol. Madness Type 3 is way more potent than that.

Back