• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animator vs Animation revision

Hasnt Alex consistently been treated as a powerless real life human with no indication of him being 4D?

I know you are referring to the animation, its that Alex sees them as fiction so they would only seem 2D to him as to how a regular human views animations on a computer in reality

I heavily agree with this, I don't understand how Doki Doki gets 2-C or Wreck-it-Ralph gets 9-B despite Ralph's existence being explicitly tied to human technology and the literal INTERNET, and also the credit sequence of Monika literally deleting ren.py assets, but somehow AvA suffers because it involves a real human, but the real life humans and structures involved in Wreck-it-Ralph and Doki Doki magically don't exist. I don't think there's any argument against Animator vs Animation that can't be applied to these two.

Ralph literally travels through the plugs in between the arcade, and travels through the ne from an arcade machine into an Ipad. Using Undertale's logic, you could make an easier argument for Monika but the game also requires a lot of messing with actual files in your computer.

Last edited:
I think we should look towards calcing some AvA feats. It might have been harder before to justify giving them a separate rating, but AvA 5 gives us a lot to work with since they do actually fight in a more 3D backdrop.

The laser feat of The Chosen One Reborn could probably yield something like 7-A or 6-C, and then give a 9-B rating to the regular sticks

Agree with this i always found weird that things like monika were Low 2-C and Animator vs animation were only 10-C even if both were data

Probably just calc the actual explosion, can't really do anything about scaling to a blue screen unless you mean stuff like firefox in which case idk, maybe if they have an explosion with them when they get destroyed

The best we could probably do is calc the overall size of the explosion based on the pc, other than that nothing really else can be done with that since we can't really give a value to breaking the pc

Everything seems fine at a glance. Though make sure that you bold "far higher" because two of them on the Second Coming's page have just "higher" bolded.

Can’t we take stickmen’s height, calculate the explosion from AvA 3 (based on pixels and all) and measure it compared to the landscape from AvA 5?

I think so, since no one seems to disagree. If the Dark Lord comes back, we may also need to scale the high tiers physically to the lazer beam but otherwise this is good

I fully agree with the Reality Equalization here.

While the characters are clearly not 3D, they still have their feats within their reality that can be equated to.

In fact, the profiles that depicted them as 2D were extremely inconsistent with the ratings.

I am pretty sure it was just retconned.
But one way or another we should ask staff member about whether it is a laser or not. Luckly, Psychomaster35 is right here ^.

We still kind of need to straighten that one out since we haven't really determined the size of anything with AvM, we should start a discussion thread elsewhere to talk about this

Long story short, the characters in Animator vs Animation should get tiers for their feats within the computer through Reality Equalization.

There's a good reason these pages were at 10-C for so long; it's a textbook example of failing our reality equalization standards.

The moments of the story focused on the virtual world should preferably be from the perspective of the virtual characters. This is due to the fact that Reality Equalization bases itself around the perspective of the character, as such, if this perspective isn't used in the original fiction, it has little to no point to be featured in the character's page. Those cases should simply be rated as Tier 11 if they fit the previous criteria.
AvA is a direct affront to this; the moments of the story focused on the virtual world are from the perspective of the animator, not the virtual characters (at least in the earlier animations, idk about any newer ones, and if newer ones are from the animation's perspective, you'd need to tally up screentime to find which perspective is more consistent and use that one).

Just like how, say, Wreck-it-Ralph is only 2D to the humans in his verse?

Wreck-It-Ralph is almost entirely inside that virtual realm, and viewed from the perspective of those characters, not the humans.

I heavily agree with this, I don't understand how Doki Doki gets 2-C or Wreck-it-Ralph gets 9-B

Because Doki Doki (until the newest update which made this more arguable) was entirely inside the virtual realm, viewed from the perspective of those characters.

Back