• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animator vs Animation revision

Alright, but in AvA 5 we get something just like that, and the perspective of the characters is used quite often in the shorts not involving the animator (Such as Animation vs Minecraft).

Long story short, the characters in Animator vs Animation should get tiers for their feats within the computer through Reality Equalization.

There's a good reason these pages were at 10-C for so long; it's a textbook example of failing our reality equalization standards.

AvA is a direct affront to this; the moments of the story focused on the virtual world are from the perspective of the animator, not the virtual characters (at least in the earlier animations, idk about any newer ones, and if newer ones are from the animation's perspective, you'd need to tally up screentime to find which perspective is more consistent and use that one).

Just like how, say, Wreck-it-Ralph is only 2D to the humans in his verse?

Wreck-It-Ralph is almost entirely inside that virtual realm, and viewed from the perspective of those characters, not the humans.

I heavily agree with this, I don't understand how Doki Doki gets 2-C or Wreck-it-Ralph gets 9-B

Because Doki Doki (until the newest update which made this more arguable) was entirely inside the virtual realm, viewed from the perspective of those characters.
Hard agree on that

That would be the case, if we had only AvA 1-3, but with 5th onward we actually have perspective primarly from inside the virtual world.

Welp, anyone willing to go get rough timings on how long we see each perspective?

Pretty sure most of it is from the stick figures's perspective, as animation vs minecraft (with all the episodes), animation vs youtube and animation vs league of legends together are much longer than animator vs animation 1-5 which (I think) are the only ones with Alan's perspective

We have the perspective you want, and most of the perspective you're saying disqualifies it dosn't use the current characters anyways (AvA 1-3). Timing both is stupid, espesially since it's subjective to an extent.

Anyways, AvA 5 on it's own is 30 minutes, while 1-4 is only about 26 minutes. And this isn't even including the shorts, many of which are as long as 14 minutes.

And even in 1-4, a good amount of it is from the characters' perspective.

Oh wow, animation vs minecraft is 25 4+ minute episodes. That dwarfs anything earlier.

Yeah nvm then, the situation changed, this seems fine.

I mean, even if it was from the Animator's perspective half/a bit over half of the time, the times the sticks are shown to live in a 3D environment are extremely blatant.

And in any case, even if it was assumed that they were 2D and electronic, it would mean discarding the speed feats and making them unknown or something.

Why do we not just have an In Computer|Out of computer keys for them which would acknowledge their existence as just an animation but also still acknowledging their feats

Why do we not just have an In Computer|Out of computer keys for them which would acknowledge their existence as just an animation but also still acknowledging their feats
Because it is misleading, both are in computer. This is about perspective: To the animator, they are, indeed, 2D programs, albeit unusually capable ones at that. To them, they are fully 3D who live in a parallel universe who clearly has scenery, dimensions and all things that are implied with it.

Really, to me it is just a simple case of a parallel universe that is connected to ours in a very particular way.

Because it is misleading, both are in computer. This is about perspective: To the animator, they are, indeed, 2D programs, albeit unusually capable ones at that. To them, they are fully 3D who live in a parallel universe who clearly has scenery, dimensions and all things that are implied with it.

Really, to me it is just a simple case of a parallel universe that is connected to ours in a very particular way.
I wasn't talking abt position in this case I was talking about perspective

Back