• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

I don't care what anyone says this was the best Saturday Morning Cartoon block:

Kids%27_WB%21_%28logo%29.png

The Ghost and Molly McGee > Amphibia and The Owl House

Can't wait to get emasculated for having this take.

Yeah I take back what I said about gravity falls. But anyways, Steven universe and MLP belong in the dumpster fire.
MLP is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me.

At least it had a satisfying conclusion, which is more than I can say about SU.

I said this before, and I'll say it again:

SU makes MLP look like Elfen Lied.

I think CGI has been brought up before in the earlier pages of this thread, so I felt like mentioning this here:

Watch Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous. They use 2D animations for some scenes that'd be pretty hard for them to pull off in 3D, but 98% of it is pure 3D eye candy with a good story.

I think CGI has been brought up before in the earlier pages of this thread, so I felt like mentioning this here:

Watch Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous. They use 2D animations for some scenes that'd be pretty hard for them to pull off in 3D, but 98% of it is pure 3D eye candy with a good story.
THIS I AGREE

- Seasons 9-13 of SpongeBob are overhated and some episodes are hidden gems (though the exaggerated faces do make me cringe at times)

- And I guess since I'm on the topic of SpongeBob, Sponge Out of Water is way more entertaining than the original movie

- Ben 10 is overrated

- Steven Universe is not good

- Tom and Jerry is better than Looney Tunes and Mickey Mouse and Friends

- Season 1 of The Cuphead Show is better than Season 2

- Amphibia and The Owl House, while good shows, aren't the masterpieces that everyone makes them out to be

- Seasons 9-13 of SpongeBob are overhated and some episodes are hidden gems (though the exaggerated faces do make me cringe at times)
Somewhat agree.

- Ben 10 is overrated
Haven't watched it in a bit, though some people only like that show because it's OP.

Massive W.

I wouldn't say it's better than Looney Tunes. So you're half-right.

Haven't watched it.

- Amphibia and The Owl House, while good shows, aren't the masterpieces that everyone makes them out to be
Another massive W.

Massive L
- And I guess since I'm on the topic of SpongeBob, Sponge Out of Water is way more entertaining than the original movie
Log Off
- Ben 10 is overrated
Another Massive L
Massive W
Massive W
Haven't watch so I won't judge
Ehh

Oh yeah, I forgot another hot take

- While it's obviously a massive drop in quality from the original era and the Chuck Jones era, I do think the Gene Deitch era of Tom and Jerry is underrated and overhated (ignoring the episodes with Tom's abusive owner) and has some good episodes like Carmen Get It!, Tall in the Trap, The Tom and Jerry Cartoon Kit, etc.

actually i will say. people who point out cgi, people who complain about graphics and such ruined things for me. I can't watch Star wars without going "opp, here's some mid cgi alien". I hate it.

actually i will say. people who point out cgi, people who complain about graphics and such ruined things for me. I can't watch Star wars without going "opp, here's some mid cgi alien". I hate it.
Anime fans in a nutshell.

Every time I see some CGI in an anime, I have almost the same reaction. It pisses me off sometimes.

Agree, i guess

Massive L

- Ben 10 is overrated
Another massive L

Massive L

Maybe? Idk

Haven't seen

Haven't seen, but considering the general opinion about those shows, i guess it's not unreasonable

Back