• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Angel Beats! Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
So Angel Beats has had a small issue with their tiers, so after a few calcs of their feats, there are a few changes that need to be made.

Top Tiers: (Kanade Tachibana, Chaa, Noda, Shiina, Hideki Hinata, and Yuri Nakamura)

9-A, possibly High 8-C scaling from:

Mid/Low Tiers: Fujimaki, Matsushita Godo, Ayato Naoi, Ooyama, Yuzuru Otonashi, TK, Takamatsu, Takeyama, and the Shadows

9-B+ scaling from:

Fairly straightforward adjustments. Thoughts?

I'd like to have a calc for the earthquake first (unless calcers think High 8-C is already okay)

Also what level to we rate rocket launchers? I believe Kanade tanked one to the face once.

Besides that this seems fine.

@Ryu She was never hit with a rocket launcher directly, only when she was using Distortion

Seems good. The High 8-C comes from the earthquake thing, correct?

Although like Ryu said, if we find someone who can calc the feat it would be better

Okay, I agree too. Although, I would have liked if they were Star level.

@Weekly

For Yui, what level would she be at if she had a profile?

Sure but she doesnt really have anything worth noting besides adorableness...

So are we good here? 9-B+ low/mid tiers, High 8-C Top tiers?

Also, should they Angel Beats! characters have likely Low-Godly regen over time? Theyre literally souls in purgatory that can come back indefinitely as long as theyre there, and the only time anything has been shown to change this is when a Shadow possesses their soul and turns them into an NPC.

Wouldn't self-resurrection be more appropriate? Low-Godly over time would mean that if, say, one of them was mutilated but survived, over time the limb would grow back. Then again i'm not familiar with Angel Beats! so I don't know if this actually happens

Yes, over time they can grow back limbs, Angel Beats! characters have regenerated from much worse damage than that. Every character in Angel Beats! is literally the soul of a person who died young without a fulfilling life, so theyre kept in Purgatory by God until they become at piece with their past life and move on. Theyve been stabbed, shot, crushed flat, cut to ribbons, sliced to pieces with a Resident Evil style laser, the list goes on and on, and they can regenerated just fine albeit over time. There has only been one instance in which a character was unable to regenerate as themselves and it was when Takamatsu had his soul absorbed by a Shadow, which instead turned him into an NPC.

Hmm, more like I haven't read any of the manga yet. I think there are like, three to four of them but I want to read Track Zero first. It hasn't completely been translated yet everywhere I've looked.

I hope these guys haven't abandoned the project. >_>

Really? I couldve sworn i saw an english translation somewhere...

Also, should i add Soul Manipulation resistance to Yuri's profile seeing as she resisted a Shadow absorbing her soul and broke free of its influence?

Because they have feats to back it up...? Like, was literally the whole point of this thread. But this was concluded a while ago, so im closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back