• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gero also didn't knew the Androids he would make are 4-C+ too. He had no idea how strong Goku is or how they'll actually fare against them

He believed they would always be stronger than them, but he certainly didn't expected SSJ Vegeta killing 19 so easily
Where does it say Gero had no idea how strong him and 19 would be? For Goku sure he didn't account for all the things on Namek but my argument really isn't about what he didn't know, it's about what he did know, obviously he didn't expect SS but that has nothing to do with my argument, because the sheer fact he went to 4-C with his data alone shows he was prepared for a high 5-A possibility to begin with

........................ what? I'm saying his math would result in that level, regardless on if you want to say its energy or power level the fact remains that 768,000 would be the taking Goku's most extreme rate (unless you apply 19.2 to every year, but even that's too dumb as by year 4 you'd have 1,087,163,596, so naturally the 768,000 would make more sense for most extreme with the training giving less and less each year), you're logic revolves around the idea that Gero wouldn't have any possible way to figure out 5-A+ when his own profile has his as low 4-C, likely 4-C, which means that yes he would have reached that point
Your logic REQUIRES Gero to know that 768,000 is equal to High 5-A+. He doesn't. That's a fact. This alone refutes your math.
Your logic also REQUIRES Gero's algorithm to have the same incremental growth as Power Level does. It makes NO SENSE for him to think that, PL are arbitrarily incoherent, he would use an actual graph considering actual progression.

Gero's own power is irrelevant to the equation.

Your logic REQUIRES Gero to know that 768,000 is equal to High 5-A+. He doesn't. That's a fact. This alone refutes your math.
Your logic also REQUIRES Gero's algorithm to have the same incremental growth as Power Level does. It makes NO SENSE for him to think that, PL are arbitrarily incoherent, he would use an actual graph considering actual progression.

Gero's own power is irrelevant to the equation.
No? My logic DOESN'T require Gero to know that 768,000 is equal to High 5-A, it requires that he knows how strong Goku is and his rate of power increasing, which he does, that's a fact, be it energy, power level, ect, that changes nothing as the results are still the same, Goku's growth in power

My logic DOESN'T require Gero's algorithm to have the same incremental growth as power levels do, as whether his graph is linear, non linear, or straight up gibberish, he still ends up with an end result, I just use power levels as thats the closest equivalent, and yes it's functionally the same as both are detecting the energy of a fighter, whatever equivalent of 8,000 in Gero math would have the same difference as the equivalent of 768,000 would be

And no, Gero's power isn't irrelevant to the equation as it proves he did plan to the point beyond my math and knew how to gain that level of power, and was prepared for a lower energy, he doesn't need to know 768,000 is High 5-A, he just needs to know his numbers are High 5-A

Last edited:
he just needs to know his numbers are High 5-A
He CAN'T. His number DO NOT TAKE incremental growth into consideration. He can read Moon Level energy from Raditz Arc Goku, then read Planet level energy from Vegeta Arc Goku,

THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE PROGRESSION. HIS DATA ENDS THERE.

His math will never reach High 5-A+ using the same progression, that's impossible, and doesn't make any sense mathematically. It REQUIRES him to know about Power Levels incremental growth, because OTHERWISE HE WOULDN'T TAKE IT INTO ACCOUNT.

I am not saying some quantum physics shit, that's basic rule of three. If you don't know a variable, you won't add it to your calculations, PERIOD.

He CAN'T. His number DO NOT TAKE incremental growth into consideration. He can read Moon Level energy from Raditz Arc Goku, then read Planet level energy from Vegeta Arc Goku,
Alright, lets break it down one at a time, if he can read moon level energy, then planet level, what stops him from calculating it to Dwarf Star, when it's possible to do so with power levels, which again both rely on detecting energy, this is the equivalent of feet and meters, I might have different 2 numbers, but at the end of the day they still tell the same story

THAT'S IT, THAT'S THE PROGRESSION. HIS DATA ENDS THERE.
Correct, with a 19.2 energy growth, which he would be using, regardless on what number Gero uses, the amount of energy would still be the same
His math will never reach High 5-A+ using the same progression, that's impossible, and doesn't make any sense mathematically. It REQUIRES him to know about Power Levels incremental growth, because OTHERWISE HE WOULDN'T TAKE IT INTO ACCOUNT.
It doesn't make sense mathematically because you are thinking Gero is using the exact same numbers as power levels, its his equivalent, ki is ki, energy is energy, doesn't matter what numbers you are using it's going to end at the same result regardless on how its done.
I am not saying some quantum physics shit, that's basic rule of three. If you don't know a variable, you won't add it to your calculations, PERIOD.
And the variable is Gero's equivalent of 19.2, alongside his equivalent of 8,000, and 768,000, which are are things he'd be able to reach as those are variable's in his data, just in his own language.

Alright, lets break it down one at a time, if he can read moon level energy, then planet level, what stops him from calculating it to Dwarf Star,
I will stop it here, because the rest of your reply is just mental gymnastics. (Although this is too),

Because, and look at that,
the gap between 5-C and 5-B is incomprehensibly, immeasurably smaller, than the gap between 5-B to High 5-A+. If he only has THAT data of progression, then his results wouldn't even reach High 5-B.
When it's possible to do so with power levels
Power Levels are an incremental growth value, Gero's have no reason to be.

Get that through your head, Gero DOES NOT have the knowledge to associate the unimaginably small progression between Raditz and Vegeta, with such a spike in power. He has no data to calculate that, no indication.

I will stop it here, because the rest of your reply is just mental gymnastics. (Although this is too),

Because, and look at that,
the gap between 5-C and 5-B is incomprehensibly, immeasurably smaller, than the gap between 5-B to High 5-A+. If he only has THAT data of progression, then his results wouldn't even reach High 5-B.

Power Levels are an incremental growth value, Gero's have no reason to be.

Get that through your head, Gero DOES NOT have the knowledge to associate the unimaginably small progression between Raditz and Vegeta, with such a spike in power. He has no data to calculate that, no indication.
Again, equivalents my good sir, you are using the power level's increases when the fact remains they are both scanning the same source, ki, you keep trying to say meters and feet have no relation, Gero has Raditz's data, and as such has his power level equivalent in Gero Energy™, Gero has Vegeta's data and therefore has the power level equivalent in Gero Energy™, he has the power level equivalent of 418 and 8,000 in Gero Energy™ because HE HAS THAT DATA, he doesn't need power levels to gauge it because he has his own system that is the equivalent to it, doesn't matter if he says Base Saiyan Saga Goku is 500 Geros, 700 Geros, or 90,000 Geros, it'd still equal a power level of over 8,000 since it's talking about the exact same thing, their power, the fact remains that whatever number of Gero Energy™ it would be the equivalent of my power level math, as it's the calculation of their power growths, nothing says an Extraordinary Genius like Gero wouldn't know the pattern, as he had invented a system for it which CAN detect these levels of power and more.

Again, equival--
No. There's no equivalency because Gero's data DOES NOT factor the same arbitrary variables PL has. It can't have, as Gero does not know how it functions. You're trying to compare a "variable" to a "function".
You cannot equalize two different algorithms.

Your logic is fundamentally flawed, and I am tired of exposing it's obvious bullshit, so I will leave you to your own ideas.

No. There's no equivalency because Gero's data DOES NOT factor the same arbitrary variables PL has. It can't have, as Gero does not know how it functions. You're trying to compare a "variable" to a "function".
You cannot equalize two different algorithms.

Your logic is fundamentally flawed, and I am tired of exposing it's obvious bullshit, so I will leave you to your own ideas.
Ok then, let me ask you, what is Gero scanning, and what are Scouters scanning, because last I checked they are both ki energy

Also if they don't respond can I get a 3rd party here? Because it's painfully obvious neither of us are going to give up on this point.

Can't we scale Yamcha to Goku after his training under x100 gravity?
Nothing directly points to it besides the filler scene where the Z Fighters absolutely destroy the Ginyu Force, however considering the possibility of my math it would definitely be a far easier assumption, as it would be hard to argue that Gero wouldn't assume Goku would get at least 10 times stronger in 5 years

This.... Is not how we do things with hypothetical multipliers. The best we can assume is Yamcha being stronger than a Kaioken x4 Saiyan saga Goku or arguably Great Ape Vegeta. But nothing more.

This.... Is not how we do things with hypothetical multipliers. The best we can assume is Yamcha being stronger than a Kaioken x4 Saiyan saga Goku or arguably Great Ape Vegeta. But nothing more.
As I explained, expecting Gero to take PL's insane inflation in Number-Power ratio into consideration is low key insane, his "770,000" power level-equivalent wouldn't be assumed to be High 5-A+

It's not a hypothetical multiplier though, it's taking what is established to us and using that to show what would be an unknown, it's wouldn't make sense to have Yamcha at that level when it's been stated that Gero calculated how strong Goku would be by that time and that we know Gero took the highest estimates.

You could consider the math off but it would still need to be in that general ballpark, and it's not like there isn't proof that the Z Fighters are notably stronger than they are listed now as previously mentioned Tien dodged a laser from Gero.

Last edited:
As I explained, expecting Gero to take PL's insane inflation in Number-Power ratio into consideration is low key insane, his "770,000" power level-equivalent wouldn't be assumed to be High 5-A+
You did not explain anything like that, you were saying how Gero would have no way to calculate that, which is entirely different

You did not explain anything like that, you were saying how Gero would have no way to calculate that, which is entirely different
I said he would have no way to calculate Power Levels because of the inflation in said ratio, which is something that happens in the Namek Saga, out of nowhere. His statistics couldn't compensate for something he wasn't aware of, and they don't feature this inflation in them.

In his calcs, he would notice Goku went from x to 19x (x being the initial power level in the Raditz Arc, and Gero's ""energy reading equivalent""), going from 5-C to 5-B, then he estimated Goku going from 19x to 1846x (which would result in 768k using PLs)

19.230769230769 and 1846.1538461538, to be specific.

In Power Levels, the ratio inflates after the 90000 mark, resulting in High 5-A+ by the time it reaches 540,000.

In Dr. Gero's calculations, given he doesn't know about the inflation, his calculations would have to be based off the progression Goku made from x to 19x

Goku was 1.24x10^29 J (5-C) at x
Goku was 8.292688e+31 J (Low 5-B) at 19x

So, in Gero's point of view, each passing year, Goku would increase his power by 8,280288E31 Joules, like he did before. Power Levels don't have to take part in this in any shape, way or form.

So, (8,280288E31×5)+1,24x10^29 = 4,141384E32, 99 Zettatons (5-B).

In an actual, unbiased, from a person unaware of the functionality of Power Level's perspective, realistically, they'd expect Goku to be Planet level.

I said he would have no way to calculate Power Levels because of the inflation in said ratio, which is something that happens in the Namek Saga, out of nowhere. His statistics couldn't compensate for something he wasn't aware of, and they don't feature this inflation in them.

In his calcs, he would notice Goku went from x to 19x (x being the initial power level in the Raditz Arc, and Gero's ""energy reading equivalent""), going from 5-C to 5-B, then he estimated Goku going from 19x to 1846x (which would result in 768k using PLs)

19.230769230769 and 1846.1538461538, to be specific.

In Power Levels, the ratio inflates after the 90000 mark, resulting in High 5-A+ by the time it reaches 540,000.

In Dr. Gero's calculations, given he doesn't know about the inflation, his calculations would have to be based off the progression Goku made from x to 19x

Goku was 1.24x10^29 J (5-C) at x
Goku was 8.292688e+31 J (Low 5-B) at 19x

So, in Gero's point of view, each passing year, Goku would increase his power by 8,280288E31 Joules, like he did before. Power Levels don't have to take part in this in any shape, way or form.

So, (8,280288E31×5)+1,24x10^29 = 4,141384E32, 99 Zettatons (5-B).

In an actual, unbiased, from a person unaware of the functionality of Power Level's perspective, realistically, they'd expect Goku to be Planet level.
Again, equivalation, power levels are entirely based around scanning ki, the exact same thing Gero did for his scanners, you are highly insistent on separating the two and using our tiers for it when that's not what Gero is doing, he's not multiplying tnt or anything like that, he's multiplying ki, being unaware of power levels is entirely irrelevant when he knows about the energy they are based around. If you want to prove me wrong, prove Gero's scanner/Scouters aren't ki based, as that's the only factor that matters as they would be calculating the same thing.

Again, equivalation, power levels are entirely based around scanning ki
Ki is energy. Being based on the same thing doesn't mean both values are interpreted in the same way, there is inflation in one value, not in another. That's the end, being based on Ki proves nothing.

Please cease this already, you are clearly in denial.
If you want to prove me wrong, prove Gero's scanner/Scouters aren't ki based
One thing does not relate to the other, you just don't understand basic math.

Ki is energy. Being based on the same thing doesn't mean both values are interpreted in the same way, there is inflation in one value, not in another. That's the end, being based on Ki proves nothing.

Please cease this already, you are clearly in denial.

One thing does not relate to the other, you just don't understand basic math.
What are you on about, if we were to be measuring distance and I used feet while you used meters it'd be the same thing, as at the end of the day we are still measuring distance

The one in denial is you, you're the one who doesn't understand it, nothing says Gero's scouters aren't "inflated" as well, and if they aren't that wouldn't matter as they would still equate to each other, that is basic sense, 1 usd equals 0.75 British Pound, inflation might be involved but regardless they still have an equivalent, and the same goes for this, both Gero and the Frieza Scouters are measuring Ki, inflation be damned, the potency of it would still be the same, as well as the rate it increases. They might get different 'numbers', but the power would be exactly the same.

What are you on about, if we were to be measuring distance and I used feet while you used meters it'd be the same thing, as at the end of the day we are still measuring distance

The one in denial is you, you're the one who doesn't understand it, nothing says Gero's scouters aren't "inflated" as well, and if they aren't that wouldn't matter as they would still equate to each other, that is basic sense, 1 usd equals 0.75 British Pound, inflation might be involved but regardless they still have an equivalent, and the same goes for this, both Gero and the Frieza Scouters are measuring Ki, inflation be damned, the potency of it would still be the same, as well as the rate it increases. They might get different 'numbers', but the power would be exactly the same.
******* Arceus.....

Y'know what? You not understanding how proportions, ratio, and incremental inflation works is a problem for your elementary school, not mine. I give up

I disagree with the OP for my reasons.

caught-in.gif

It's over for you pokemon man. I already screen shotted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back