• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Android 17 vs Hit

Status
Not open for further replies.
When it comes to the two, if I had to sum up their advantages, (at least, how I look at it) it would go like this and will elaborate on each one. I'll also give my opinion on other things I why I think Hit wins. I will also try to acknowledge certain things that I don't consider to be concrete. Please bear with me, this going to be long. In addition, please note this less of me trying to prove the 17 supporters wrong and more of detailed explanation of my own outlook the various factors in the fight.

Android 17

-Unlimited Ki/Stamina: 17 doesn't run out of energy, meaning that he just keep going and going. This also means that he can waste energy trying different tactics and not really have to worry. It also means that he can potentially outlast Hit. That assumes the fight will last that long but it is something to keep in mind.

-Barrier: This is basically 17's trump card against stronger attacks. The major point of contention is if it could block Hit's Assassination Blasts. While there is a case to be made, we have to recall the fact that we've never seen the two techniques interact and we don't credit 17 with blocking intagible attacks, as he's never shown it. It's kind of hard to say and belive a character can do something, that we've never seen him do nor does the site credit him as such.

-Greater AP: This is the real ambigious one to me. By the time the ToP was about to end and Jiren was Universe 7's final opponent, he's wounded and exhausted, to the point that 17 and Freiza, two guys that got rekt by GoD Toppo, can seemingly put up a real fight. Actually forget that, together, they almost beat him until Toppo gave a speech! Shoot, eventually base Goku and base Frieza were able to fight and ring Jiren out of the stage. There was also a line that all of them (17, Frieza and Goku) had pushed beyond their limits. So we know, 17 is stronger, but so is Frieza and it was a team effort between both of them. But we don't know just how much they are, given Jiren's critical condition and the fact the Pride Trooper was also outnumbered. Then Goku rejoins the mix and that muddies the waters even more. This makes it really hard to say where exactly 17 stands on the power scale outside of 'Better than he was before.' He might have an AP advantage over Hit, but I couldn't begin to tell you how much, honestly, given just how much happened in that last episode of DBS.

-Can't be sensed: 17's ki is undetectable. Should he choose to hide, there's no real way to use energy sensing to find him, allowing for sneak attacks.

Hit

-Time-Skip: Hit's signature technique that let's him Time Stop. Goku has broken through it and so has Jiren. But 17 is not them. Again, this is one where 17 has no true credit if he could do it. There's also the point of if 17 actually knows about this technique or not. 17 had never seen or heard of Hit before the ToP. You can say that 'Yes, he can do it.' But then I say, where's your proof? We have two characters that have done so and we give them that resistance to Time Stop accordingly. You can then turn it around and say Ok, where's the proof he can't, then?'. 1. They've never interacted. 2. Again, we don't credit 17 that based on 1. and we don't credit others (like Vegeta, Toppo, the Angels, GoDs) who you have a better case than even 17 does for the same reason. Not too mention, it's feels like we're playing loose with the information on the profiles. But that's just how I feel about it.

-Intagibility: Hit goes to a parallel world, becoming intangible. This is a technique that no one but Goku has ever shown just straight overpowering by destroying the parallel world. It's really arguable if 17 could do the same because we've seen that capability of him and just assuming he could do it doesn't really feel right. Hit doesn't physically attack while in this state but he can still launch his intangible/invisible Assassination Blasts.

-Assassination Blasts: Invisible energy attacks that can phase through matter and ignore durability. These are Hit's go-to kill technique. If they hit a vital point, they will kill the target, though they can be used non-lethally. These attacks are very hard to detect and react to for the most part. Goku was competely taken off guard by these the first time (resulting in his death, though he was able to revive) and had to concentrate quite hard to sense them (he had to close his eyes) before being able to counter them. These blasts can also be fired from any direction and then reappear from anywhere around the target. (This is seen in Episode 72. Hit was shown firing one and having it go behind him, only for it to reappear in front of Goku. Hit also fired others in multiple directions, even through the ground, and the blasts then materialized around different points to fire at Goku.) Granted, Jiren was able to sense and stop this attack with a hand but Jiren is so far above Hit (and everyone else in the ToP at that time) in almost every way. We have no clue that 17 could even sense these in time, if at all, or block them with his barrier.

-Self Improvement: Hit basically grows stronger and improves the efficienty/use of his techniques in response to his opponent. Examples include improving his Time-Skip's duration during his fight with Goku (from 0.5 seconds to unknown but much longer duration), mimicking certain sounds to throw off Dyspo's strategy, or even analysing Jiren's fighting style to the point that it allowed Hit to get in one strike to activate his Cage of Time. Now, trying to say that this alone could let Hit win against 17 is dubious and it could become a NLF easily it taken to an extreme. But it does show that Hit is constantly adapting and evolving as an opponent and not just in raw power.

-Ki Clones: Hit forms duplicates of his ki to make his location much harder to sense and trick people into thinking he's in one place when he really isn't. Goku had to close his eyes and focus to sift through all the duplicates and find the real Hit, and couldn't do this immediately.

-Cage of Time: Hit delivers a blow to his opponent, paralysing them by suspending them in time. Honestly, it's hard to say whether or not 17 could break out of this. Hit's only example of using it was on...Jiren, who we've already established and know, is Hit's utter superior. Then given how ambigious I believe it is that 17 may or may not be strogner than Hit, I can't say this is a definite game over should Hit get 17 with it. I such, I don't consider it as big of a factor here. Even worse when you consider that this was used to try and knock Jiren out of the arena and remove him from the tournament, not straight up defeat him.

In conclusion, the reason I think Hit wins is because of his track record and what it's taken to stalemate and beat him. Goku had to witness, experience first hand and refine various methods to deal with Hit.

1st fight was in a tournament and the two fought within it's rules to basically a draw, though Hit wasn't allowed to kill which gimps him as an assassin as noted by Goku. That, plus having watched Vegeta's match, bought Goku time to start adpating to Hit and figuring out ways to fight him, which in turn pushed Hit to improve to keep up.

2nd fight, Hit's hax completely blindsides Goku and allows Hit to kill him. Luckily, Goku fired a ki blast into the air that came back down a revived him.

3rd fight, Goku's better prepared and on guard. However, he still has to really try to honestly deal with and adpat to all the stuff Hit is throwing at him. It ultimately ends in a draw between the two. Remember if Goku had made a mistake during that, Hit would've killed him all over again. It would have only taken one shot.

Now with Dyspo, he had a method to get one over on Hit and pressure him. However, Hit was noted by Toppo to be avoiding all the critical blows and even letting certain ones land, so he sent Kunshi to save Dyspo from this fishy situation. This proved to be the right choice as Hit nearly rung Dyspo out of the arena and Kunshi was forced to save him. Eventually, when Dyspo and Hit fight again, Hit's adapted to his strategy, allowing him to beat Dyspo down and forcing Kunshi to step in again to recover him. Now, what would have happened if Dyspo went Light Speed Mode? No clue, we never got to see that. What would happen if Hit had been allowed to kill and during that beat down, Hit got him with an assassination blast and killed him ouright? Also remember that Hit got Kunshi with a non-lethal blast, which in any other setting, would have killed him. That would be two Pride Troopers dead.

Finally, we're at Jiren, who shows the other method of dealing with Hit: Be just out and out superior to Hit in virtually all categories. Jiren was the strongest participant in the ToP at that time, even when supressing himself, and basically dismantled all of Hit's arsenal. Time-Skip? Seemingly uneffective and completely adapted to, rendering it useless and getting Hit beat down in the process. Assassination Blasts? Countered without effort. Hit improves enough to get one major blow in and activate Cage of Time. However, Jiren overpowers it and knocks Hit out.

To sum up:

Goku Method: Try to puzzle it out but you risk dying if you get it wrong or make a mistake.

Dyspo Method: Have some key advantage to off balance and pressure Hit. Problem with this is that if that's all you got really going for you when engaging him, he's likely to improve to overcome it. You're probably dead at that point.

Jiren Method: Be so balls to the wall superior, that nothing he does really matters.

Just a note, Jiren did shatter Hit's pocket dimension without even a punch. Also if 17 has superior AP and speed, he should be able to break through Hit's time skip. It does seem to be directly tied to AP given that a linear multiplier in kaio ken was enough to allow Goku to take him out when he was incapable of doing so in SSB. Later, after numerous zenkai boosts, he was able to do the same thing without kaio ken. Furthermore, Jiren did the same thing with the same degree of ease with which he dealt with SSG Goku who is comparable to the Hit who fought Dyspo in the ToP. Also, all 17 needs to do to counter time cage effectively is use his barrier.

That said, 17 needs more things to go right for him to win than Hit does. Unfortunately, even with superior AP, Speed, and Durability, the jinzoningen is gonna be on the defensive pretty quickly after Hit starts adapting and while it should take a long time for Hit to kill 17 because of his durability and defensive abilities, Hit has these as well as his simple timespace hax are versatile enough to be used for that purpose. 17 can outsmart him in combat and just win in one flurry on speed and AP but that's just it, 17 is the one who has to win quickly because the longer the fight goes on, the worse his chances get ergo he should be considered the underdog.

Hit is gonna take it but with extremely high difficulty as he's likely going to have to adapt to a significant degree within the fight and 17 can take a lot of punishment in addition to being a genius defensive strategist.

I'm legitamently surprised not a single person has brought up the fact that 17 was losing in a fight against Base Toppo. That fact alone would make this a stomp in Hit's favor since he performed better against Jiren then Kaioken x20 Goku.

He did better than pre UI goku, considering he pushed Jiren near the edge and stuck him a while with time cage.

That was just a matter of positioning. SSB Goku sent Jiren flying with his first attack and he ended up crashing into a mountain, they just didn't happen to be close to the edge when this happened. The only thing Hit has over SSB Goku is his time cage.

Another note on Dyspo's MLSM (I kinda said this before, but I'm gonna clarify further), for the sake of argument, we can say that Dyspo in this form would stomp Hit. But it doesn't matter. Neither 17 nor Frieza scale to him in this form, because neither of them defeated Dyspo on their own. You could reasonably scale 17 to Frieza and Frieza only beat MLSM Dyspo with the combined effort of Gohan. Not to mention they used a strategy that basically took MLSM away. Just like how Dyspo prevented Time Skip, Frieza and Gohan prevented Maximum Light Speed Mode. So there's no scaling 17 or Frieza to it.

Not to mention, I'm sure MLSM doesn't increase his power at all, but only gives him a massive speed advantage, as the name implies.

Other than that, now that the Time Skip stuff is out of the way, I think the rest of this debate hinges on how big the AP advantage is for 17. As of now, both of these characters are still rated as 3-A. Question is, how far above 3-A is 17? And how much can Hit adapt?

Wait we're seriously arguing that Hit did worse against Jiren then Goku did? Whaaaaaaaa...? Did we watch the same fight?

Also 17 doesn't HAVE an AP advantage.

If it wasn't obvious I'm voting for Hit.

@SuperDragoon978

We did bring that up. Then 17 got an upgrade to "At least Universe level (Fought with a weakened and worn out Jire alongside Frieza)". The debate rages on of just how much more powerful is he than before.

I still remember the threads of trying to upgrade to 17 and Frieza to Low 2-C, then High 3-A. Both were heavily opposed for all the support that got.

@Jobbo

When you think about Goku and Hit trying to take on Jiren, they both tried the two main methods of taking someone out in Dragon Ball: Slugging it out or Hax. Also, the two fought right before the ToP and were potrayed as equal.

Goku tried matching Jiren's power and performance level and couldn't do it.

Hit tried taking him via Hax and almost succeeded. However, Jiren's so powerful he broke through it. Low 2-C vs 3-A.

It's also worth noting that Hit took a pummling from Jiren and kept going until very end. Also, Hit and Goku were the only ones Jiren intially considered worth his time.

SuperDragoon978 said:
Wait we're seriously arguing that Hit did worse against Jiren then Goku did? Whaaaaaaaa...? Did we watch the same fight?
Also 17 doesn't HAVE an AP advantage.

If it wasn't obvious I'm voting for Hit.
I find the AP advantage to be questionable myself, but maybe I need to go back and watch some of the episodes.

I agree that Hit is not given enough credit for his fight agaisnt Jiren. Jiren clearly had to put in some effort.

@MeleeniumRXJ

You know, I really don't think the AP thing is nearly as much as some say it is.

The At Least 3-A rating for both 17 and Frieza came about because after Low 2-C was shot out of the water and High 3-A was also shot down. It's more of 'Fine, we'll go with that.' after the arguing and back and forth and there was opposition even to that final decision. It really just ended because people were sick of arguing.

Many people either considered the final battle against Jiren to be a massive outlier, PIS or unquantifible. Like 18 defeating a powered up Ribrianne, which finally got reverted.

OuterversalRaditz said:
Isn't the most prominent role of the "At least" qualifier to account for characters with multiple questionable higher level feats that can reasonably be argued to not be outliers?
We have this for it on the Attack Potency page:

At least
Should be used to denote the lower cap of a character, if the exact value is indeterminate.

I always took that as we know the lowest amount of power they qualify for but we can't say exactly how powerful they are.

At least means they're definitely stronger or on the level of the suggested tier, but indeterminately higher.

Lucis=the=Lumenian said:
2 votes for Hit, 2 votes for 17
Hitto : 10 + 2 (OuterversalRaditz, SuperDragoon978) = 12

17-san : 12 + 2 (Kingpin0422, KinkiestSins) = 14

Incon : 4

Okay I hope I didn't miss any votes.
I heard somewhere else here that having 14 votes ends a match. So shouldn't this battle be added to 17 and Hit's profies?

I don't think there's a set number but this match has gone on for a long time so it can probably be submitted under inconclusive.

GokuSparkle said:
TheC2 said:
I don't think there's a set number but this match has gone on for a long time so it can probably be submitted under inconclusive.
But 17 has more votes.
Doesn't matter. You still need majority vote to actually win. As it stands, this match has gone on for a pretty long time with no winner.

TheC2 said:
GokuSparkle said:
TheC2 said:
But 17 has more votes.
Doesn't matter. You still need majority vote to actually win.
As it stands, this match has gone on for a pretty long time with no winner.
How much of an advantage do you need to be listed as the winner?

He was hired. We don't know if he would do it in a normal situation.

He's bloodlusted and trying to kill 17 here. Hit would be more willing to do (try) that.

GyroNutz said:
He was hired. We don't know if he would do it in a normal situation.
He's bloodlusted and trying to kill 17 here. Hit would be more willing to do (try) that.
He's bloodlusted? I heard a bunch of people here talking about in-character, but okay.

In that case, 17 wins more easily. I say this because 17 isn't the kind of person who would normally try to kill, so his abilities can't be utilized to the maximum.

If they're both bloddlusted, I think it would go like this. They glare at each other, before 17 blasts a volley of ki blasts at Hit, forcing him to time skip dodge. While Hit's distracted and there's smoke clouding his vision, 17 blitzes Hit and forms a barrier around them, before hitting Hit with a strong blast like he did with Jiren, incinerating Hit. If Jiren is injured by it (while serious and when tired), Hit certainly isn't walking away from it scot-free. Even if he survived, he'd be severely hurt and would fall on his knee, at which point 17 blastes him with a beam similar to the one he used against Anilaza or Toppo. If Hit survives this and time skips away, preparig to do his one hit kill ability, 17 notices and keeps attacking Hit, and since he's injured, Hit won't be fast enough to attack or dodge. 17 can keep using beams, blasts, and shields until Hit's down for he count.

SuperDragoon978 said:
I maintain Hit stomps. Time Skip and all related powers are far too much for 17 even if he's close to Hit physically.
? Doesn't 17 surpass Hit physically? I mean the debate is "Can 17's superior AP deal with Hit's superior hax"?

Lucis=the=Lumenian said:
SuperDragoon978 said:
I maintain Hit stomps. Time Skip and all related powers are far too much for 17 even if he's close to Hit physically.
? Doesn't 17 surpass Hit physically? I mean the debate is "Can 17's superior AP deal with Hit's superior hax"?
It's debatable whether 17 is physically superior to Hit, and even if he is, we don't know by how much. And Hit has his adaptability to close the gap if needed.

He's bloodlusted? I heard a bunch of people here talking about in-character, but okay.

Bloodlusted as in 'doing his job' Hit. It's still in-character, but Hit should have no reason to hold back unlike his other fights (couldn't use full power in tournament as his powers are specialised for killing opponents), or vs Goku (respected Goku and was unwilling to kill him, despite being forced to since it's his job).

Even if we wank 17 to being > anilaza and base toppo, both of which he was shown to be inferior to, he stops firmly as being inferior to G.o.D. Toppo. The AP gap isn't large enough for 17 to beat Hit's adaptability and hax, especially since he has no knowledge of Hit's techniques.

So... Hit is physically weaker than Dyspo and base Frieza? lolnope

By adapting, we're talking about self-improvement, not talking about adapting strategies, cause Hit had to adapt to Dyspo's speed to, well, hit him in the first place. We're talking about the self-improvement that let Hit go from below SSB goku to being on par with SSBKKx10 Goku.

Hit got destroyed by SSB Goku... when?
Destroyed
If you're talking about the one that ends like the one to the right, that's called a stalemate. AND Hit was holding back, that's a fact :^)

Hit took damage from Dyspo and got blitzed

Base Frieza trolled Dyspo, and amped Dyspo couldn't hurt Golden Frieza, who in turn would demolish Hit.

And it was established pre-ToP that SSB Goku = Golden Frieza

Hit's time-skip was beat by Goku powering up, and even Champa said Goku beat that attack.

Stop overestimating Hit pls and ty, he's weak.

Hit should be able to beat 17

I mean Hit's time cage did work on Jiren untill he released energy to overpower the time cage with pure power

and if 17 was stronger than Hit it isnt by that large of a margin and it is in character for Hit to take a beating to self-improve to surpass or be on par with his opponent, meaning 17 wont have the advantage for long and Hit WILL have the upper hand

Hit isnt physically weaker than Dyspo he just wasnt able to tag him in the first place, he just needed to improve his speed to land a hit unlike Goku and Frieza who said his movements were to linear thats why Dyspo tagged Goku SSG and Frieza for underestimating him in the first place

Overall Hit will take a beating, improve and match 17 physically and in speed along with his hax

PS: plz take Hit's self-improvement with a grain of salt and don't take it as NLF because if his improvement was really that great he would've beat Jiren....Basically if 17 proves to be FAR stronger than Hit 17 wins because i don't think his time cage will hold him MAYBE, and he would be beyond his time-skip and faster in H2H combat

Unite My Rice said:
Hit took damage from Dyspo and got blitzed
Base Frieza trolled Dyspo, and amped Dyspo couldn't hurt Golden Frieza, who in turn would demolish Hit.
If you truly believe Hit is this weak, and that 17 is Low 2-C (going off of your blog), why aren't you calling this a stomp? Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back