• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An extension to the Guide to Basic Rendering

Skalt711

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
It appears that this guide lacks instructions for other image editors. What I think is that the guide needs an extension and the inclusion of the stated previously instructions.

GIMP and Photoshop need to be documented in the Guide as they are the other major image editors alongside Paint.NET.

It will also be nice if we'll describe any other render techniques.

Is it fine to document other image editors and more render techniques? If yes, the Images Helper team and any experienced users can probably handle this.

Paintdotnet has functions for color changing, file converting (to an extent) and image resizing. If anyone needs help with those, I'd be willing to write up a section for the guide featuring them.

I don't use any other image editor aside for one to create rounded edges (and even then I'm pretty sure you can just whip up a CSS style sheet to do that) so I can't help beyond that.

Okay. That seems fine. Thank you for the help.

Well, I'm not sure where the color changing would take its place. The guide already explains the visitor to save the file in .png format, so it'll be preferred if someone would explain how the file converting can be used otherwise. Image resizing can be useful and be not only explained in its section, but also injected into the main guide after the seventh step, and the new step should guide the user to crop the empty transparent area from the sides by changing the canvas' dimensions.

@Peter

Bring these programs on! Let's see what they're capable of!

I forgot about my own thread :(

I think that I'll wait for others to suggest their opinions, then, if the thread will be inactive for 2 weeks straight, I'll go implement my suggestions.

Back